Official BGOL Crypto Currency Thread ★★★★★

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I'm laughing, but I can't lie. The thought of crypto getting far more adoption by the right is the only thing that scares me domestically. It scares me because the narratives the left will cosign just to not be in agreement with the right could be frightening and lead to people being for very restrictive legislation. :smh:

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm laughing, but I can't lie. The thought of crypto getting far more adoption by the right is the only thing that scares me domestically. It scares me because the narratives the left will cosign just to not be in agreement with the right could be frightening and lead to people being for very restrictive legislation. :sm.

The only way crypto is going to achieve mass adoption is through regulation. People are still iffy about crypto as it is. As long as you have folks getting ripped off through scams, with no recourse, the masses will stay away from it. The Squid Game scam is not the first nor the last time a major scam is going to happen (Let's Go Brandon coin, really).

If you owned a business that got high-jacked by ransomware, wouldn't you want some legal recourse in getting your money back?

The only way crypto will be able to avoid regulation is through heavy self regulation, which doesn't seem like the crypto universe is willing to adopt. the CEO of Binance is calling for more government regulation, in order to promote mass adoption. It's ironic that he's saying this when a good percentage of these sketchy projects are coming from the Binance blockchain (correct me if I am wrong on that point).

I think the real question should be how to regulate it without being so restrictive that impedes its growth and success.

Last edited:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The only way crypto is going to achieve mass adoption is through regulation. People are still iffy about crypto as it is. As long as you have folks getting ripped off through scams, with no recourse, the masses will stay away from it. The Squid Game scam is not the first nor the last time a major scam is going to happen (Let's Go Brandon coin, really).

If you owned a business that got high-jacked by ransomware, wouldn't you want some legal recourse in getting your money back?

The only way crypto will be able to avoid regulation is through heavy self regulation, which doesn't seem like the crypto universe is willing to adopt. the CEO of Binance is calling for more government regulation, in order to promote mass adoption. It's ironic that he's saying this when a good percentage of these sketchy projects are coming from the Binance blockchain (correct me if I am wrong on that point).

I think the real question should be how to regulate it without being so restrictive that impedes its growth and success.

I see what you are saying but I disagree..

Crypto will get mass adoption with the younger more adaptable generation's..the metaverse gaming generation.

If Facebook or meta whateva it's called now..
Makes their metaverse social media friendly you will start to see mass adoption..

This is all just the start..bruh the whole world is watching..facebook and el Salvador as they go HARD with the blockchain tech!

There is a hidden fud war waged against crypto coming from high places.

But still the demand for crypto from traditional investors continues to grow

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I see what you are saying but I disagree..

Crypto will get mass adoption with the younger more adaptable generation's..the metaverse gaming generation.

If Facebook or meta whateva it's called now..
Makes their metaverse social media friendly you will start to see mass adoption..

This is all just the start..bruh the whole world is watching..facebook and el Salvador as they go HARD with the blockchain tech!

There is a hidden fud war waged against crypto coming from high places.

But still the demand for crypto from traditional investors continues to grow
Facebook is a somewhat regulated entity. For all the shit they do get away with, the government still stopped them from getting into crypto (can't remember the name of the token they had announced a few years ago). All the finance companies that are getting involved with crypto, still had to jump through some regulatory hoops before those products could be sold to the public.

At this point, all the biggest companies that can push crypto, smart contracts, metaverse, etc. to the next level are mainstream companies that follow strict regulatory guidelines.

I just not seeing how the dream of what crypto is supposed to be (true unregulated transactions) and "mass adoption" peacefully co-existing.

roblo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Someone hacked into my Uphold account and stole my shit. Luckily I keep 99% of my crypto in cold storage so it wasn't a devastating loss. I only had 126 XRP and and 6 BAT tokens in there. They first tried to buy $500 of XRP with my debit card and the transaction failed so then they just withdrew everything I had. I contacted Uphold and they did their little investigation and said someone most likely hacked my email. Shit happened on Nov 9th at 5:30am. They said they sent a verification email that was responded to by whomever had access to my email and then they were allowed access. I have two-factor auth on my shit so somehow they must have compromised my google auth on my phone. I don't know if they did a sim swap or what, but they reset my google auth and I couldn't get into the account. Of course Uphold said it wasn't there fault and wouldn't be refunding shit. I looked at the address where the XRP went to and it had multiple withdrawals from Uphold so somebody has been targeting their platform and stealing people's crypto. So let this be a warning, get your crypto off the exchanges and into cold storage. This could've been a disaster instead of a minor annoyance if I had all my shit on there.

yasky777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Someone hacked into my Uphold account and stole my shit. Luckily I keep 99% of my crypto in cold storage so it wasn't a devastating loss. I only had 126 XRP and and 6 BAT tokens in there. They first tried to buy $500 of XRP with my debit card and the transaction failed so then they just withdrew everything I had. I contacted Uphold and they did their little investigation and said someone most likely hacked my email. Shit happened on Nov 9th at 5:30am. They said they sent a verification email that was responded to by whomever had access to my email and then they were allowed access. I have two-factor auth on my shit so somehow they must have compromised my google auth on my phone. I don't know if they did a sim swap or what, but they reset my google auth and I couldn't get into the account. Of course Uphold said it wasn't there fault and wouldn't be refunding shit. I looked at the address where the XRP went to and it had multiple withdrawals from Uphold so somebody has been targeting their platform and stealing people's crypto. So let this be a warning, get your crypto off the exchanges and into cold storage. This could've been a disaster instead of a minor annoyance if I had all my shit on there.
I need to look in to this, I have 4 exchanges I use, I’ve left my coins there to easily swap or cash in. Which cold storage do you recommend?

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Sorry to hear that bruh,Were your passwords simple or did they put in work to get access?

roblo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sorry to hear that bruh,Were your passwords simple or did they put in work to get access?
My password wasn't very complex so it probably wasn't too hard. But how they changed my google authenticator is the mystery because you need that to log on in the first place.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Facebook is a somewhat regulated entity. For all the shit they do get away with, the government still stopped them from getting into crypto (can't remember the name of the token they had announced a few years ago). All the finance companies that are getting involved with crypto, still had to jump through some regulatory hoops before those products could be sold to the public.

At this point, all the biggest companies that can push crypto, smart contracts, metaverse, etc. to the next level are mainstream companies that follow strict regulatory guidelines.

I just not seeing how the dream of what crypto is supposed to be (true unregulated transactions) and "mass adoption" peacefully co-existing.

bruh this govt can be bought, the right lobbyist talkin to the right people... mixed with a little patience, you can pretty

much get what you want, if you grease the right palms and the company formerly known as facebook

has a whole lot of grease....

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My password wasn't very complex so it probably wasn't too hard. But how they changed my google authenticator is the mystery because you need that to log on in the first place.

Look it up on Google..I'm sure there's an answer.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Wall of text incoming. :eek::eek::eek:

In the illusion-based governments like the U.S.(the ones that claim freedom), regulation of crypto(by nature peer-to-peer and censorship-resistant) means piercing the illusion. Only way people are willing to let that happen is when they are scared or heavy manipulated e.g, the left being so pro-censorship right now, the country allowing the patriot act after 911.

KYC/AML has nothing to do with protecting people. It's all about protecting governments/fiat. So governments have to explain all this restrictive bullshit against peer-to-peer. Why bringing banking to the unbanked will be so fucking difficult because of KYC/AML fuckery.

Regulation in financial markets isn't to protect regular people. It's to protect the elites/government. That's why they spend so much money on politicians. It's the same type of regulation that prohibited citizens from owning gold. Same type of regulation that makes it difficult for citizens to move their own money around the banking system. I could go on, but you get the point.

Why do you think the U.S.(SEC and them) will say business/people are dong something wrong BUT they can't tell us what it is? Because the government knows they are walking a very fucking thin line with their illusion of freedom hustle. Regulation has to be specially crafted fuckery. It needs the right environment of fear. That's why the right currently being way more accepting of crypto scares me.

Let's go over some things we know to be true:

1. Left is for heavy censorship of social media/Internet. Crypto/blockchain offers censorship-resistant options.
2. Left is for heavy censorship of who gets to use the Internet to raise money. Crypto/blockchain offers censorship-resistant options.
3. Left is heavy into the environment. Proof-of-work threat to the environment is heavily exaggerated while environmentally options fielded by the right will not be recognized simply because they are put forth by the right.
4. Similar to after 9/11, country is being manipulated with a terrorism narrative. Left thinks there is a white nationalist boogeyman under every bed similar to how it was sand cacs in the 2000s. Crypto/blockchain is being associated with that.
5. The left has no concept of how money works. NONE(see cats on BGOL talk money. Earning does not equal knowledge of it).Vast majority of the right doesn't. However, the few gold bugs/Austrian economics politicians are ALL on the right. The ones who get the danger/ramifications of fiat are ALL on the right.

So domestically, we can see how restrictive legislation that isn't crypto friendly can be pushed. Because once the cool kids get going, peer pressure from MSM will turn a lot of people into cowards who cosign ANY fuckery. While the narrative is that the right is prone to misinformation(and it is true), the left is just as easy to manipulate.

It's not by accident that just on BGOL alone the most active crypto posters are also the ones who don't seem to be political party diehards. The deeper you go, the more you find people who don't like the current system. The deeper you go, the more you find people who think all sides are full of shit.

As we attract more 'regular' people, we pick up political fanboys who don't understand shit and are easily manipulated. The types who defend the '$600 bank reporting' simply because their side is doing it. That's the side that will defend the government coming after our unhosted wallets. :smh:

TLDR: regulation will be bullshit(it has to be) meant to protect the elites while pricing out the little guy. U.S. needs a boogeyman and the current climate will make that easier than ever before. Those of us already in are lucky. :D

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wall of text incoming. :eek::eek::eek:

In the illusion-based governments like the U.S.(the ones that claim freedom), regulation of crypto(by nature peer-to-peer and censorship-resistant) means piercing the illusion. Only way people are willing to let that happen is when they are scared or heavy manipulated e.g, the left being so pro-censorship right now, the country allowing the patriot act after 911.

KYC/AML has nothing to do with protecting people. It's all about protecting governments/fiat. So governments have to explain all this restrictive bullshit against peer-to-peer. Why bringing banking to the unbanked will be so fucking difficult because of KYC/AML fuckery.

Regulation in financial markets isn't to protect regular people. It's to protect the elites/government. That's why they spend so much money on politicians. It's the same type of regulation that prohibited citizens from owning gold. Same type of regulation that makes it difficult for citizens to move their own money around the banking system. I could go on, but you get the point.

Why do you think the U.S.(SEC and them) will say business/people are dong something wrong BUT they can't tell us what it is? Because the government knows they are walking a very fucking thin line with their illusion of freedom hustle. Regulation has to be specially crafted fuckery. It needs the right environment of fear. That's why the right currently being way more accepting of crypto scares me.

Let's go over some things we know to be true:

1. Left is for heavy censorship of social media/Internet. Crypto/blockchain offers censorship-resistant options.
2. Left is for heavy censorship of who gets to use the Internet to raise money. Crypto/blockchain offers censorship-resistant options.
3. Left is heavy into the environment. Proof-of-work threat to the environment is heavily exaggerated while environmentally options fielded by the right will not be recognized simply because they are put forth by the right.
4. Similar to after 9/11, country is being manipulated with a terrorism narrative. Left thinks there is a white nationalist boogeyman under every bed similar to how it was sand cacs in the 2000s. Crypto/blockchain is being associated with that.
5. The left has no concept of how money works. NONE(see cats on BGOL talk money. Earning does not equal knowledge of it).Vast majority of the right doesn't. However, the few gold bugs/Austrian economics politicians are ALL on the right. The ones who get the danger/ramifications of fiat are ALL on the right.

So domestically, we can see how restrictive legislation that isn't crypto friendly can be pushed. Because once the cool kids get going, peer pressure from MSM will turn a lot of people into cowards who cosign ANY fuckery. While the narrative is that the right is prone to misinformation(and it is true), the left is just as easy to manipulate.

It's not by accident that just on BGOL alone the most active crypto posters are also the ones who don't seem to be political party diehards. The deeper you go, the more you find people who don't like the current system. The deeper you go, the more you find people who think all sides are full of shit.

As we attract more 'regular' people, we pick up political fanboys who don't understand shit and are easily manipulated. The types who defend the '$600 bank reporting' simply because their side is doing it. That's the side that will defend the government coming after our unhosted wallets. :smh:

TLDR: regulation will be bullshit(it has to be) meant to protect the elites while pricing out the little guy. U.S. needs a boogeyman and the current climate will make that easier than ever before. Those of us already in are lucky. :D

I'm new to crypto but all this sounds spot on from what I'm seeing so far. I'm looking into XRP right now gettin sued by the SEC. Big gov tryin they damndest to catch up but they are so far behind.

Hillary need her ass beat for that bullshit she talkin too.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I'm new to crypto but all this sounds spot on from what I'm seeing so far. I'm looking into XRP right now gettin sued by the SEC. Big gov tryin they damndest to catch up but they are so far behind.

Hillary need her ass beat for that bullshit she talkin too.
That SEC lawsuit is exactly the shit I'm talking about. Since 2013, RIPPLE asked the SEC if anything wrong was being done. Crickets. A newer example is coinbase trying to offer a product that shits on interests rates offered by banks. When they asked the SEC what exactly was wrong with what they were doing, SEC said they can't tell them. :hmm:

Government basically admitting they have to make shit up. They will need a strong narrative for the regulations they need to strip people of peer-to-peer freedoms while telling them to stay poor.

bellsbreaker

Member Superior
BGOL Investor
HNT

thank me later

Last edited:

bellsbreaker

Member Superior
BGOL Investor

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That SEC lawsuit is exactly the shit I'm talking about. Since 2013, RIPPLE asked the SEC if anything wrong was being done. Crickets. A newer example is coinbase trying to offer a product that shits on interests rates offered by banks. When they asked the SEC what exactly was wrong with what they were doing, SEC said they can't tell them. :hmm:

Government basically admitting they have to make shit up. They will need a strong narrative for the regulations they need to strip people of peer-to-peer freedoms while telling them to stay poor.

Yeah if I understand correctly there are some countries already using ripple for their banking systems. So after this case a lot of people sayin XRP gonna go thru the roof! One vid was sayin probly gonna be where ripple pays a fine or some shit and allowed to proceed.

Predictions say it could blow to $100 or more.

Mr.Chuckles

Chuckle
BGOL Investor

Staking and DOA'S offer higher % returns than banks will ever allow some are on a hourly basis BGOL should research passive income in staking and doa's. Crypto is changing the little man's life too fast and the government isn't having it, if your not in crypto you're missing out on the greatest transfer of wealth.