Breaking News Kaepernick Settles with NFL Drops Suit

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Nah

No way it's more than $100 million

Sure we can say no way
You just need to ask how much would make him say ok and how much is it worth to not be completely embarrassed in court

Kap and his lawyers had all the leverage there was no compromise I don't think a lot of us are factoring that in

It was settle with a crazy ass figure

Or go to court get their ass beat and hand over an even Higher figure lol

So whatever they asked for they got
Period
NFL had no bargaining power.
None.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Sure we can say no way
You just need to ask how much would make him say ok and how much is it worth to not be completely embarrassed in court

Kap and his lawyers had all the leverage there was no compromise I don't think a lot of us are factoring that in

It was settle with a crazy ass figure

Or go to court get their ass beat and hand over an even Higher figure lol

So whatever they asked for they got
Period
NFL had no bargaining power.
None.
Had they ignored kap, he might not even have seen that money and made less as a hired qp, lol

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Let’s face it, Kaep is going to get killed for this move. Is there that much of a difference between this and what the brothers at Starbucks did besides the dollar amount?

The initial protest was admirable but he’s proven that he is no Ali.
Never was. I would say he fooled y'all, but he even fooled himself for a minute. He's a young fella , trying to find himself. He never thought it would get to all this.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Had they ignored kap, he might not even have seen that money and made less as a hired qp, lol

The NFL made it an issue
And they hired every lawyer possible and spared no expense to try and not have to pay Kap shit

And then suddenly a month before it was to go before a judge they cut Kap a break and settled???

Lmaoooo

If you don't think they went in there with a blank check you're fucking crazy

Here is whatever you want but please sign this nda saying you wont tell just how much you fucked us over and beat our ass so we can save face from further embarrassment

But somehow he only got a jay Cutler contract from this kind of leverage from that rich an industry???

Lol ok

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
The NFL made it an issue
And they hired every lawyer possible and spared no expense to try and not have to pay Kap shit

And then suddenly a month before it was to go before a judge they cut Kap a break and settled???

Lmaoooo

If you don't think they went in there with a blank check you're fucking crazy

Here is whatever you want but please sign this nda saying you wont tell just how much you fucked us over and beat our ass so we can save face from further embarrassment

But somehow he only got a jay Cutler contract from this kind of leverage from that rich an industry???

Lol ok
Nfl lawyers after discovery to nfl, y’all got that blank check cause we got the nda ready?

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He won't answer lol
Clown ass nigga. :smh:

These losers had their talking points ready regardless of outcome...

Kap went to trial and lost: see, no collusion , i told you he just wasnt good enough!
Kap went to trial and won: see, he just wanted money. he never wanted to play!
Kap refused settlement: see, he isnt concerned with justice. he just wants attention!!
Kap settled Bigly: see, hes a sellout!!

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor

Kap went to trial and lost: see, no collusion , i told you he just wasnt good enough!
Kap refused settlement: see, he isnt concerned with justice. he just wants attention!!
Man fuck these coons

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So he took money in order to hide white supremacy? How is that not s sell out

How exactly is he hiding white supremacy? Everyone under the sun knows that white supremacy kept him out the league. The NDA agreement is an admission of guilt since they forked over bread to him. He deserved to get bread for what they put him through & being out of a job. Y'all niggas sound like these but hurt crakkas with that logic.

Al Smith

Rogue Mod
OG Investor
People seem to forget that the NFL is a "non profit" organization with stadiums built with public funds... them going to court would open up so many rabbit holes on other issues that giving Kaep 9 figures would be a drop in the bucket if they're looking at their long term legal exposures...

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes.

But also the law firm took that case for the clout as well as a piece of the payout

You don't believe being the lawyer that fought the NFL and won wouldn't be a feather in their firms cap that will bring them tens of millions in billable hours for the rest of their careers?

This is a career making case

So yes I'm almost completely certain that they went in there like fleece Johnson

I likes ya and I wants to have you
We can do this the easy way or the hard way

The NFL thought about it tried everything in their books and then came with a number they couldn't say no to.

They wanted it the easy way.

We know the NFL they'll fight everything in the world until they can't

Regardless the amount, I'm just glad Kaep and E-Reid getting their just due.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

That's why I laugh at this shit
I'm catching hell on Twitter right now so many cacs and bots are mad at me
I got enough hate to keep me strong the rest of the month

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's fucked up the NFLPA ,these black organizations and politicians didn't help him at all....I'm more so upset with the players though;they complain about these owners having too much power yet they never unite for any cause unless money is involved..

I agree 100%.

This was the perfect time for even the crakkas and those who didn't agree with Kap to stand with him.

This was the time for a power move to strengthen their CBA and their positions.

Show the owners that without them there is no games and no league.

Remember Missouri threatened to sit out one game and they got rid of that racist president

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
I agree 100%.

This was the perfect time for even the crakkas and those who didn't agree with Kap to stand with him.

Remember Missouri threatened to sit out one game and they got rid of that racist president
They make millions and half them living check to check just like the rest of America how are they going to take that stand

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People seem to forget that the NFL is a "non profit" organization with stadiums built with public funds... them going to court would open up so many rabbit holes on other issues that giving Kaep 9 figures would be a drop in the bucket if they're looking at their long term legal exposures...

This.

Look up his lawyer and see all the cases he's worked for other famous people.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Geragos

I'm no legal expert but these type of high profile lawyers are about that paper & they're not settling for nothing small.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
You won’t they signed an NDA now you can say it he gets on a roster you can say that was part of the agreement if he doesn’t you can assume he was cut a check
He was definitely cut a check even if he gets a roster spot. The NFL knew they were gonna lose.

Ofo12p.jpg

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They make millions and half them living check to check just like the rest of America how are they going to take that stand

There is no movement without sacrifice..

Take a hit now so that they are better off in the future.

Most aren't making millions and if they are living like it, that is on them.

Julius Erving had the first million dollar contract in the NBA 6 million over 6 years and he like others made most of their money off the court.

Are you saying when MLB and NBA took their stands they weren't in the same boat?

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I agree 100%.

Howard Bryant talked about it being a CBA issue towards the end but when he was on ESPN in 2017 he went in more depth, how the NFLPA needed to stand behind Kap because the owners will demand even more from them.

Like,I said then I don't want to hear no player bitch and complain about Roger Goodell and the owners having too much power. You can't say the players union is a brotherhood when they couldn't help Kap....