That's a plus. Glad he got paid.

But I'd have like to have seen all that dirty laundry aired out

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It is
He won

this is what I was telling you about...

https://wfan.radio.com/articles/mike-francesa-colin-kaepernick-sold-out-really-only-wanted-money

Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid reached a financial settlement with the NFL Friday in their joint collusion complaint against the league. They will take no further action in this case. Both sides reportedly sides a non-disclosure agreement agreeing not to speak publicly about the details of the case or settlement.

Mike Francesa opened his show Friday on WFAN talking about the settlement, and explaining what Kaepernick was in it for.

"It's all about the money for Kaepernick. He's still burned that he only got $39.4 million of his $126 million deal," Francesa said. "That's what's burning him. Look what he tried to do. He tried to hold the other league up for $20 million. I have no problem with Kaepernick coming back in the league. Let him come back in the league. He should be allowed to play in the league. I don't think he's going to start anyway, but if he does somewhere, it would tell me that the team is not very good. His performance really waned his last couple of years.

"Kaepernick wins. NFL loses. NFL always loses with lawsuits. That's the history, they always lose. They might not always pay, but they always lose. Kaepernick beat the NFL. The fact that the NFL settled tells you that Kaepernick and Reid won. They proved their point. To say anything else is outrageous and dumb. The NFL gave in. They settled the suit."

We will never know how much Kaepernick is getting, but it's clear it was a good amount. This entire debate will now end and we will see whether Kaepernick will come back to the NFL and how much he is going to ask for.

"They gave him his money. What they got is they got his silence," said Francesa. "He won't point any fingers at the NFL publicly. For that, I guarantee Kaepernick got what he wanted, which is money...which is what he has wanted every step of the way. Money. He settled for money. He can't cite the NFL now. He got paid off. If this was about proving a point, they wouldn't have been able to buy his silence. They bought his silence. The NFL loses, but Kaepernick sold out because he can't even cite them, because he took the money. So they both lost. He beat them fair and square...he beat them for a bunch of money. He signed a confidential agreement and buried all the information for the cash. It goes back to him being ticked off that he only made $39.6 million of his $126 million contract, which I believe originally $54 million was supposed to be guaranteed. Kaepernick basically sold out because he can't talk about it anymore."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
this is what I was telling you about...

https://wfan.radio.com/articles/mike-francesa-colin-kaepernick-sold-out-really-only-wanted-money

Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid reached a financial settlement with the NFL Friday in their joint collusion complaint against the league. They will take no further action in this case. Both sides reportedly sides a non-disclosure agreement agreeing not to speak publicly about the details of the case or settlement.

Mike Francesa opened his show Friday on WFAN talking about the settlement, and explaining what Kaepernick was in it for.

"It's all about the money for Kaepernick. He's still burned that he only got $39.4 million of his $126 million deal," Francesa said. "That's what's burning him. Look what he tried to do. He tried to hold the other league up for $20 million. I have no problem with Kaepernick coming back in the league. Let him come back in the league. He should be allowed to play in the league. I don't think he's going to start anyway, but if he does somewhere, it would tell me that the team is not very good. His performance really waned his last couple of years.

"Kaepernick wins. NFL loses. NFL always loses with lawsuits. That's the history, they always lose. They might not always pay, but they always lose. Kaepernick beat the NFL. The fact that the NFL settled tells you that Kaepernick and Reid won. They proved their point. To say anything else is outrageous and dumb. The NFL gave in. They settled the suit."

We will never know how much Kaepernick is getting, but it's clear it was a good amount. This entire debate will now end and we will see whether Kaepernick will come back to the NFL and how much he is going to ask for.

"They gave him his money. What they got is they got his silence," said Francesa. "He won't point any fingers at the NFL publicly. For that, I guarantee Kaepernick got what he wanted, which is money...which is what he has wanted every step of the way. Money. He settled for money. He can't cite the NFL now. He got paid off. If this was about proving a point, they wouldn't have been able to buy his silence. They bought his silence. The NFL loses, but Kaepernick sold out because he can't even cite them, because he took the money. So they both lost. He beat them fair and square...he beat them for a bunch of money. He signed a confidential agreement and buried all the information for the cash. It goes back to him being ticked off that he only made $39.6 million of his $126 million contract, which I believe originally $54 million was supposed to be guaranteed. Kaepernick basically sold out because he can't talk about it anymore."

Ignorant

He got black balled for speaking about social justice not the NFL

He can't get silenced about the nfl cause that's not what or who he was talking about in the first place lol

Trash takes all over

Hold the l hoe

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/video/kaepernicks-reputation-continues-to-take-a-hit/vi-BBTEc2a

Kaepernick's reputation continues to take a hit
Duration: 02:52 5 hrs ago

There was a report that the AAF talked with Colin Kaepernick about joining the new league and that the former NFL QB wanted $20 million to play, but Mike Florio is skeptical about the story.

He's Teflon

Let the journalist out themselves as racist

As someone put it
Why would he play in an off brand league for 70k?

That makes no sense he wants to be employed in this company deserves to be and they colluded to keep him out
Period

Anything else is nonsense and bullshit

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Not gonna argue with a lawyer....lol

I guess I just see it as, if I know I'm not guilty in not going to admit to some shit or settle...

Care to share your thoughts?

correct if I'm right then I'm right.....why pay(settle) and I'm right

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

I guess I just see it as, if I know I'm not guilty I'm not going to admit to some shit or settle...

People put clauses in settlements specifically saying we're paying but not as an admission of guilt

In this case we can connect the dots

Sometimes it's easier to pay
But in this case they been prepping a case for a year to fight if they wanted it to go away just to go away they would have settled a long time ago

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
People put clauses in settlements specifically saying we're paying but not as an admission of guilt

But in this case they been prepping a case for a year to fight if they wanted it to go away just to go away they would have settled a long time ago
Yeah I get that, the clauses saying we paying but we not guilty....

Still the dots can be connected and assumptions will be made... If I'm the nfl i want no parts of admitting anything wrong

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yea I'm thinking close to 100 million...
Here on the local sports radio station they were saying it may be between 60 and 80 million. I was thinking what you were thinking, it's gotta be at least a 100 million.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

I disagree with the premise he has to say anything
And I completely disagree with the idea he has to give any of this money to any charity at fucking all

He spoke up on issues where others were scared to do so
He lost his ability to earn a living because of it
He recovered damages and lost wages
It's his money
Not charity money
Not anymore than you'd expect Aaron Rodgers to donate all his salary to a charity

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
There is no movement without sacrifice..

Take a hit now so that they are better off in the future.

Most aren't making millions and if they are living like it, that is on them.

Julius Erving had the first million dollar contract in the NBA 6 million over 6 years and he like others made most of their money off the court.

Are you saying when MLB and NBA took their stands they weren't in the same boat?
A league isn’t going to strike over something the majority of their members may not support. Their union head wasn’t going to let them sit out over this even if he is a brotha and may support the cause. Wasn’t going to happen

Did the nba strike when chris jackson was protesting the anthem when he became Muslim

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
I don't know where this came from.
Confusing the 2 issues is fuck shit
1. He spoke up about social injustice. He talked about poor people the police and things wrong with the racist system.
2. He was held out of a job he was qualified to do because of that.
3. He sued saying he was held out of said job because he was speaking out about social injustice.

Which part is never about the money? That makes NO SENSE.
If they allowed him to do what his profession was he wouldn't be suing them in the first place and he'd be getting paid
It was always about the fairness to EARN A LIVING
lol

Fam this was my point about all this boycott stuff from the jump. Niggas conflated freedom of speech, collusion, police brutality, dislike of the flag, nfl’s shitty union, nfl’s shitty contracts, being anti Trump all into Kaep taking a knee.

Folks were protesting and didn’t even know what they were protesting and what they wanted to accomplish.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I disagree with the premise he has to say anything
And I completely disagree with the idea he has to give any of this money to any charity at fucking all

He spoke up on issues where others were scared to do so
He lost his ability to earn a living because of it
He recovered damages and lost wages
It's his money
Not charity money
Not anymore than you'd expect Aaron Rodgers to donate all his salary to a charity

I agree with YOU 100%

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Tedy Bruschi tried to spin it.....
I hate that big headed crakkka with all my heart and soul. I hate his grandparents.

bvAoTc.jpg

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Fam this was my point about all this boycott stuff from the jump. Niggas conflated freedom of speech, collusion, police brutality, dislike of the flag, nfl’s shitty union, nfl’s shitty contracts, being anti Trump all into Kaep taking a knee.

Folks were protesting and didn’t even know what they were protesting and what they wanted to accomplish.

I agree
But then it became about supporting him cause they were fucking him over

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I guess I just see it as, if I know I'm not guilty I'm not going to admit to some shit or settle...

It is mostly done as a damage mitigation strategy. For example, I just settled a case where a guy bought a house and church building at a tax sale and we knew that it was it was going to be a big task arguing the case to get it back. He settled with us because I became a fish bone in his throat and the house wasn't appreciating any more than what he was spending to defend our suit. Everybody made money and we were all satisfied with the outcome.

In this case, the damage to NFL's reputation might have been too much even if they were right and they probably decided to pay it off. If they were really wrong I'm sure that Kap and his lawyers would not have agreed to an NDA .

Also, we don't use "Guilty" for civil cases. It's called "liable". Guilty is for criminal cases.

Last edited: