Tina Turner, Queen of Rock'n Roll, has passed away at the age of 83. (1939-2023)

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
always great memories of my grandmother playing Tina in the house, in the car on our way to thrift stores lol. she was a HUGE Tina Turner fan. R.I.P. Queen.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
If you are doing UNIT counts then downloads have there value but if you are looking at sales then you have to look at revenue. Elvis Presley has been credited with 1 billion records sold which is completely crazy and not close HOWEVER they used a little record industry trick which is equlivent sales. the took physical singles sales and converted them to be album sales and doing that turned 200 million single sales 260 million album sales into a billion. the true numbers began to come out in 1958 with the invention of gold certfication and in 1976 with platnium cerification all based on $.but that changed as well when prices went up so they used actual sales. As far as my info I in a previous life was a music historian who had access to actual sales numbers,shipments and returns for close to 250 musical acts. I was a subscriber to Neilsen,Soundscan and I had access to record labels REAL numbers not press release numbers, I had court documents with real numbers from Motown,RCA,Capitol,Cbs when lawsuits were filed for royalties. I had so much shit it was crazy. I update numbers periodically thses days but album sales suck ass so its not worth it anymore to do it.
Unit counts seem to be fairest way to gauge something like this. How music is bought and sold has changed a lot over the decades.

This is a conversation about popularity though so to say, for instance, Rihanna is significantly less popular than Whitney Houston was because most of her sales came by downloads just seems to be against the spirit of the discussion we're having.

parisian

International
International Member
peter-lindbergh-interview-taschen-body-image-1487602290.jpg

OUT THARE

It takes a nation of millions to keep us black
BGOL Investor
RIP
SEEN HER IN CONCERT WHEN SHE DID HER “ Wildest Dreams “ tour in 97 toured w/ Cindy Lauper they came to STARWOOD Amphitheater in Tn

Thegooch

Pope Gooch is currently brunching with the Devil.
Registered
licensed-image

Hope this dirty bedwench gets first class reservations with the devil for dinner.

Long live Ike Turner, good riddance you funky bitch.

Bitch made a whole movie of lies about man she hated so much she kept his last name dispite getting remarried.

This gorilla pipmpin bitch had the nerve to drag hoes and then play victim.

Madd Im keeping it real? Glad you can ignore the obvious and hope one day you get a bitch to lie on you and your name. Goodbye Annie Mae you evil lil witch.