Tina Turner, Queen of Rock'n Roll, has passed away at the age of 83. (1939-2023)

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hate that she sold her catalog, but maybe she knew she was close to the end. RIP.

Sidenote:
ike-turner.gif

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP,my Grandmother loved this woman. I just had someone ask me if shes on the MT RUSHMORE of female singers. I told her no. She asked why and said my 3 criteria for Mt Rush is record sales,Cultural/Historical signifcance,singing voice/dance ability. My Mt is Aretha,Diana Ross,Madonna and Whitney. I would say shes next 4.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
RIP,my Grandmother loved this woman. I just had someone ask me if shes on the MT RUSHMORE of female singers. I told her no. She asked why and said my 3 criteria for Mt Rush is record sales,Cultural/Historical signifcance,singing voice/dance ability. My Mt is Aretha,Diana Ross,Madonna and Whitney. I would say shes next 4.
You put Madonna ahead of Tina Turner in those categories?

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You put Madonna ahead of Tina Turner in those categories?
Madonna who I dont like has sold more albums and physical singles than any woman in history. She was 2nd only to MJ in 80s and early 90s in cultural influence. She cant sing nor dance but she has such a huge advantage over Tina and any other female performer she has to be listed as top 4.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
Madonna who I dont like has sold more albums and physical singles than any woman in history. She was 2nd only to MJ in 80s and early 90s in cultural influence. She cant sing nor dance but she has such a huge advantage over Tina and any other female performer she has to be listed as top 4.
She edged Tina out only in popularity at that point in time. I think Tina was much more influential not only bridging the gap between R&B and rock but being a Black female rock vocalist and a popular one.

I'd put a lot of people ahead of Madonna when you consider female musicians like Cher and Barbara Streisand for instance.

letsshoot

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Another Iconic figure has passed away.. The Grim Reaper is working overtime it seems. RIP Tina