Charles Barkley:‘Unintelligent’ Blacks ‘Brainwashed’ To Keep Succesful Black Men Down

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: Charles Barkley:‘Unintelligent’ Blacks ‘Brainwashed’ To Keep Succesful Black Men

you just described every fucking group of people you fucking idiot. how is this exclusive to the African American community?

no you didn't you really had no idea what you were talking about and neither does that coon geechie

its not but your in a society that holds you to a marked disadvantage..being fucked over by someone who looks like you and calls you brother is an additional hurdle is it not??

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Re: Charles Barkley:‘Unintelligent’ Blacks ‘Brainwashed’ To Keep Succesful Black Men

you literally have no idea what you were talking about again. I'm not from Illinois or Chicago myself but I'm educated enough to know who Obama ran against

u are right. i had no idea what i was talking about on THAT subject.

ankhheru

BGOL Investor

Those were my exact thoughts. It confirms my initial suspicions that this is more about him appeasing his white friends (and wife) and less about identifying and addressing legitimate confirms within the black community.

When you snore in the face of cac's you often find your self trying to comfort them in areas of racial tension, history and relations. It's hard to speak the truth when you know it will upset your spouse and kids. That being said, fuck Barkley.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

i just have to remember that when these subjects come up some black people think that racism absolves all black people of anything.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

:hmm:

I dont know any black person who thinksits a goid thing or honorable to go to prison GTFOH

I've separated myself from those people. I grew up with guys that think it's cool to ice grill people, stand on the corner, be a piece of shit to other people, and my parents were not going to allow any of that to happen to me.

The wording is terrible in Barkley's statement, but I understand the context. Some people want you be in the same position as them...if they're fucked up, they want you to be fucked up too.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member

its not but your in a society that holds you to a marked disadvantage..being fucked over by someone who looks like you and calls you brother is an additional hurdle is it not??

all people have to overcome hurdles and obstacles.again I need you to to tell me how black people are systematically fucking over black people. where are the laws created by black people designed to hold each other back, where are the black businesses that are not hiring other blacks, where are the black owned schools that are holding black children back? or are those problems from the racist dominant society that was purposely doing those things to us.Someone getting over on you doesn't affect the entire race as a whole. You two dudes literally have no idea what you're talking about

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

I've separated myself from those people. I grew up with guys that think it's cool to ice grill people, stand on the corner, be a piece of shit to other people, and my parents were not going to allow any of that to happen to me.

The wording is terrible in Barkley's statement, but I understand the context. Some people want you be in the same position as them...if they're fucked up, they want you to be fucked up too.

cosign.

ankhheru

BGOL Investor

i just have to remember that when these subjects come up some black people think that racism absolves all black people of anything.
You mentioned that blacks act like crabs in a barrel but neglected to mention that crabs were never meant to live in a barrel in the first place. The whole "crabs in a barrel" argument absolves white supremacist/racists of all responsibility and puts the responsibility square on the shoulders of black people.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

I need you to to tell me how black people are systematically fucking over black people.

why do u keep harping on systemic?

the shit happens regardless of it is systemic or not.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

You mentioned that blacks act like crabs in a barrel but neglected to mention that crabs were never meant to live in a barrel in the first place. The whole "crabs in a barrel" argument absolves white supremacist/racists of all responsibility and puts the responsibility square on the shoulders of black people.

agree with your statement but have to add something.

we as a race can improve our predicament. and we as a race don't do anything to improve that situation at all.

yes, whites are a problem. but so are some blacks.

alexw

Platinum Member

why do u keep harping on systemic?

the shit happens regardless of it is systemic or not.

because Barkleys arguments were based on systems

bromack1

Rising Star
Registered

agreed.... can anyone name even name one ambitious and intelligent black man that has never been told something like that by another black person in his lifetime.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
One thing that too many people adopt is that it is all good to negatively characterize black people based on minimal truth. All you need is one example and that is supposed to apply to all black people.
We are not crabs in a barrel.
Our history is one of perseverance and excellence despite the odds.
We support education for the most part and are more likely to celebrate those who do well.
Black men when all things are equal are more likely than any group to be active in the lives of their children whether married or not married. (Meaning they have gainful employment etc.)
Too many of us have bought into these white (false) supremacist ideals. This is why you see too many people blurt out these nonsensical ideas about black people.

:cheers:

This post will go overlooked but it best summarizes the fallacies in Barkley's argument..... It couldn't have been said any better.

I’m just out here working hard every single day, just trying to be the best poster I can be....

alexw

Platinum Member

agreed.... can anyone name even name one ambitious and intelligent black man that has never been told something like that by another black person in his lifetime.

how was that a black issue? I'm pretty sure all people regardless of race have experienced similar issues. you clowns know you can glamorise other races while putting yours down but you're a cracker ass cracker anyway

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

because Barkleys arguments were based on systems

One of the reasons we’re never going to be successful as a whole, because of other black people. And for some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you’re not a thug or an idiot, you’re not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don’t break the law, you’re not a good black person. And it’s a dirty, dark secret.”

we're does barkley exclude systemic white racism in that statement

Djmarkxr7

OG BGOL'er
Registered

all people have to overcome hurdles and obstacles.again I need you to to tell me how black people are systematically fucking over black people. where are the laws created by black people designed to hold each other back, where are the black businesses that are not hiring other blacks, where are the black owned schools that are holding black children back? or are those problems from the racist dominant society that was purposely doing those things to us.Someone getting over on you doesn't affect the entire race as a whole. You two dudes literally have no idea what you're talking about

No horse in this race, but as I read your reply one name came to mind...

Clarence Thomas.:hmm:

alexw

Platinum Member

One of the reasons we’re never going to be successful as a whole, because of other black people. And for some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you’re not a thug or an idiot, you’re not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don’t break the law, you’re not a good black person. And it’s a dirty, dark secret.”

we're does barkley exclude systemic white racism in that statement

did he not talk about schools and the law in that comment you fucking idiot

and most importantly he said we are never going to be successful because of our own doings

if that isn't the epitome of white racism I don't know what is

max-dawg

8 vs 80
OG Investor

honestly barkley has a valid point. :dunno:

it starts early in life. kids who do well in school get picked on for doing well. it just translates on to later in life as well.

can't front... this ^^ was my experience.

getting called, "sissy or punk" for doing my homework. being called a girl for playing in the band.

then, having to fight niccas from taking my homework or my saxophone. having older people, relatives, etc. say, "why you studying... you gon end up just like us."

to deny that this shit happens is bullshit. it happens... and will continue to happen bc at their core, some people are just pitiful.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor

How many of us have been picked on and mocked for using correct grammar? I know I have by black folk. Even with that I wouldn't go on TV and clown black America as a whole to satisfy racist white folk with their already warped views of blacks.

I expect conservative crackers to quote him for many more years to come.:rolleyes:

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor

can't front... this ^^ was my experience.

getting called, "sissy or punk" for doing my homework. being called a girl for playing in the band.

then, having to fight niccas from taking my homework or my saxophone. having older people, relatives, etc. say, "why you studying... you gon end up just like us."

to deny that this shit happens is bullshit. it happens... and will continue to happen bc at their core, some people are just pitiful.

I've experienced other kids giving me shit about grades and the way I enunciate, but I ain't heard of no shit like this! Goddamn, older relatives and adults saying this? Dude....:smh:

regulus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

You beat me to it. Those types of people wouldn't be such and issue if an outside force wasn't keeping them within arm's reach at all times.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

did he not talk about schools and the law in that comment you fucking idiot

and most importantly he said we are never going to be successful because of our own doings

if that isn't the epitome of white racism I don't know what is

since the subject he was speaking on was that a black man was told by other black men that he wasn't black enough I think barkley was addressing that..and quite frankly I haven't seen barkley ever bite his tongue when addressing racism...he was the person who spoke out and called that race driven when richard sherman was called a thug by white media for nothing more than trash talking..

ya'll loved him then..now he says something you don't agree with he's a coon..nigga please:rolleyes:

bromack1

Rising Star
Registered

every society has some sort of social and behavioral control it exhibits within its community. however, in the case of black americans, it can be extremely intense and socially destructive.

This whole topic started as a result of comments made about Russell Wilson by a few of his black team mates. (Percy Harvin is a cancer to his team mates...great player though, but a nut case)

Why would they even "go there" with that type of criticism of another black man especially one who holds a key position on a football team... its an example of outright jealousy and envy within groups and how they choose to control other peoples behavior... it makes no sense at all.

I'm glad Mr Barkley said this.

Maybe it will "wake up" a few of the idiots in our community who think its cool to "brand and label" other blacks who simply choose not to engage in the "stereotypical" idiocy and lunacy of other blacks which they and the media choose to celebrate.

bromack1

Rising Star
Registered

since the subject he was speaking on was that a black man was told by other black men that he wasn't black enough I think barkley was addressing that..and quite frankly I haven't seen barkley ever bite his tongue when addressing racism...he was the person who spoke out and called that race driven when richard sherman was called a thug by white media for nothing more than trash talking..

ya'll loved him then..now he says something you don't agree with he's a coon..nigga please:rolleyes:

:yes::yes:
Yup... its part of the old... you can dish it out... but you can't take it syllogism..

bromack1

Rising Star
Registered

You beat me to it. Those types of people wouldn't be such and issue if an outside force wasn't keeping them within arm's reach at all times.

"Crabs in a barrel" is a universal method of social control... sure white folks do it, but black folks love it just as much.

alexw

Platinum Member

no you fucking idiot, it was OK when he just addressed that issue but when he said black people as a whole will never be successful(without mentioning the factors the dominant society has in that) is just straight up unadulterated cooning to make whites feel good about themselves.

The President spoke to Brothas and hit dogs went to howling acting all colon hurt. Bill Cosby grew up piss PO paved the way and gave Us a show. He gives back Hbcus and went on a Got damn tour and those black folk who spoke of still bitched. Let a young jeezy tour come to town 200 percent of those folk who Mr. Cosby and President Obama spoke of will be there.

Finally a former ball player who is standing up and saying what he needed to be said. I'll take Charles Barkley over jim Brown anyday.

This faux outrage is akin to a killer showing remorse in court after some years in prison.

no you fucking idiot, it was OK when he just addressed that issue but when he said black people as a whole will never be successful(without mentioning the factors the dominant society has in that) is just straight up unadulterated cooning to make whites feel good about themselves.

The excuse train aka some white dude won't let me live. Fuck You and those tired ass excuses. I can see you were raised wrong. No one can fix that brain washed mind aka blame someone for everything.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I see Barkley on his non-basketball shit again.

Stephen Barkley. "Who let this ninja ride a horse?" "He going to stay in the big house, boss?"

THE GRANDJURY

Rising Star
Registered

Barkley has a point, cause I have and still experience the those you are the whitest black person I know comments. Cant count how many black people have said I speak to white, or I like to do white people things, even though 80% of my friends and woman I've been with are black. But Barkley need to sit his ass down too. Tired of our own publicly painting us with a broad brush. He's to dumb to realize these questions that are given to him are there for him to shit on his own and to fortify what the world already thinks of us. And how dare him make it sound like white supremacy isn't the major reason why we are in the state we are in.

Criptonite187

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Barkley was spot on..When black people can articulate themselves well and have a brain they're considered white not only by ignorant black people...But by ignorant white people too.. And it's accepted, but to me it's one of the most racist things a white person can say to me.