Charles Barkley:‘Unintelligent’ Blacks ‘Brainwashed’ To Keep Succesful Black Men Down

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Re: Charles Barkley:‘Unintelligent’ Blacks ‘Brainwashed’ To Keep Succesful Black Men

lack of objectivity = lack of cogent counterargument = lack of ability to be wrong about anything

i'm on my scientific method shit, i just want the truth. i'll sort out how it makes me feel later.

cats wanna anecdote their way into being right, it's a waste. no one grows that fucking way.

white republicans on climate change = coontastic negroes on plight of black america

I cosign this, kinfolk.

I actually, cosign everything you an Bills been saying.

That analogy though, "obtain the truth and worry about how it makes you feel later." That's me all day. At the same time, some shit us just obvious.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Re: Charles Barkley:‘Unintelligent’ Blacks ‘Brainwashed’ To Keep Succesful Black Men

So why did 50 cent get cred for being shot ?

Why were people having parades for Boosie getting out ?

Be honest cause the younger generation be on some bullshit.

No snitching is dumbshit in the community......used to be no snitching and the community would handle it but they don't now
why do you infer that this is that community at large?

why are you assessing the entire group but cherry picking your baseline?

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor

Your experience is not general :hmm:

This is what's cracking me up. Cats are acting like things that happened them, happened to everybody. I wasn't exactly a nerd as a kid, but I was one of the so called smart kids that used "big words". One day when I was in about the 5th grade, I used a word, and the big dumb quick to kick ass bully stepped to me and said, "Yo, nigga. What that mean anyway?" I told him, and he was, "Oh, yeah? That's some cool shit. You're a smart dude." The way some of you are acting, that means all bullies act this way. We also had gangs that wouldn't let you join if they felt you had a future, and sometimes they'd kick your ass if they caught you doing dirt that could fuck up your way out the hood. Am I to assume that all gangs do this? No? Then quit acting all of us are shit, just because you got fucked over and whitey reached out to you. "Ooh, that's a Ford truck, so that means all trucks are Fords!"
:hmm:

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Though I didn't like that Sir Charles excused White People from having a hand in our condition,

I'm not going to get all emotional and shit about everything else he said.

Those who have kids know the deal.
And that's whether you're on track with yours,
Or letting them do/get away with whatever the fuck they want until it's too late.

If you have issues with what Barkley said,
Then it's up to YOU to do something.
For YOU.
For YOUR kids

I really wish Black people like Barkley would just stop saying this shit on a WHITE "platform". You give these fucks ammo, and they always run with it.

But like hood-rats, SOME Black Athletes, Hollywood/Music Attention Whores, etc.,
A lot of our people just don't know when to keep their FUCKIN' mouths shut.
And/Or keep shit behind closed doors.
It's like some of us always want attention and shit.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

geech

what the fuck are you talking about man?

i didn't say none of that shit you just typed man, try to stay on fucking task here. i was so concise with my comparison of the two clips that i really didn't think you'd be able to fuck it up.

it's like you have no mental weigh station that determines whether or not these thoughts should continue down the cognitive highway and out of your mouth/fingers

do you not recognize the differences that i pointed out?
please tell me the relevance of anything you just said to anything i just said.
yeah I get it IN the show carlton was talking to only black people.. I'm talking about the lesson of the show itself..if anything youre parsing a point.

but lets try this one

remember that..the stand up show that took rock to the next level..niggas vs black people...we all laughed and agreed..who was he talking to here and who was he talking in front of when he said it??

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

This is what's cracking me up. Cats are acting like things that happened them, happened to everybody. I wasn't exactly a nerd as a kid, but I was one of the so called smart kids that used "big words". One day when I was in about the 5th grade, I used a word, and the big dumb quick to kick ass bully stepped to me and said, "Yo, nigga. What that mean anyway?" I told him, and he was, "Oh, yeah? That's some cool shit. You're a smart dude." The way some of you are acting, that means all bullies act this way. We also had gangs that wouldn't let you join if they felt you had a future, and sometimes they'd kick your ass if they caught you doing dirt that could fuck up your way out the hood. Am I to assume that all gangs do this? No? Then quit acting all of us are shit, just because you got fucked over and whitey reached out to you. "Ooh, that's a Ford truck, so that means all trucks are Fords!"
:hmm:

Heard ya' right, Brotha Chuck.

Generalization happens often on this board and it totally kills people's argument. We all have experienced something but if you going to discuss issues, then your argument does us no good if based on your experience only. Even the people around you.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

yeah I get it IN the show carlton was talking to only black people.. I'm talking about the lesson of the show itself..if anything youre parsing a point.

but lets try this one

remember that..the stand up show that took rock to the next level..niggas vs black people...we all laughed and agreed..who was he talking to here and who was he talking in front of when he said it??

And bigots and racist use this clip to justify hating black people they deem to be niggas to this day.

don't worry geech you're a "good one" "not like the other blacks" said the white person using chris rock to justify their bigoted views.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member

but lets try this one

im not parsing a point, you're rationalizing and not doing a good job

so are you intimating that chris rock (a comedian doing a bit) is identical in tone and intent to this fucking charles barkley statement?

come the fuck on man.

i wanna tell you you're smarter than that but you really got me wondering more and more with every fucking response.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

Though I didn't like that Sir Charles excused White People from having a hand in our condition,

I'm not going to get all emotional and shit about everything else he said.

Those who have kids know the deal.
And that's whether you're on track with yours,
Or letting them do/get away with whatever the fuck they want until it's too late.

If you have issues with what Barkley said,
Then it's up to YOU to do something.
For YOU.
For YOUR kids

I really wish Black people like Barkley would just stop saying this shit on a WHITE "platform". You give these fucks ammo, and they always run with it.

But like hood-rats, SOME Black Athletes, Hollywood/Music Attention Whores, etc.,
A lot of our people just don't know when to keep their FUCKIN' mouths shut.
And/Or keep shit behind closed doors.
It's like some of us always want attention and shit.

He can't help but prove that he's one of the good ones.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

im not parsing a point, you're rationalizing and not doing a good job

so are you intimating that chris rock (a comedian doing a bit) is identical in tone and intent to this fucking charles barkley statement?

come the fuck on man.

i wanna tell you you're smarter than that but you really got me wondering more and more with every fucking response.

and when chris uses that same platform to say some shit about cacs and mind you his referring to whites as cracker ass crackers is the main reason we even use the term CAC...he's just doing a bit to then right and not saying something publicly thats a little bit true or speaking truth to power in any way right:rolleyes::rolleyes:

you wanna have it both ways..when a person says something you agree with theyre good... when they say something you disagree with theyre shit and not just shit but the shittiest shitheads that ever shit:rolleyes:.. its bi-polar...I guarantee you in six month Barkley WILL say some shit about whites and racism and the SAME niggas here will be all:bravo: and six month later he'll say something about black people those same people will be all:pain:

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor

Didn't read everyone's comments in here so I don't know if I'm speaking on ground that's already been covered, but if you touched on the same thing then I co-sing with you.

I don't see how what Charles said correlates with what Russell's teammates are saying about him being not "black enough". What does that have to do with being successful?

The message Charles is sending is acting more black = unsuccessful. Which translates into black culture is unsuccessful. This isn't about crabs in a barrel.

Russell not acting black has nothing to do with intelligence or lack thereof. His teammates are obviously pointing out that Russel doesn't know how to fit in with "The brothas". Him being part black and probably not being able to relate or pick up on social cues and commentary from black culture. They are basically saying Russell isn't "Hip".

I hate when media goes to idiots like Barkley and they spew some stupid knee-jerk commentary because they don't think about what's actually being said. And he's suppose to count as some voice of reason or authority. Pitiful. :smh:

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member

and when chris uses that same platform to say some shit about cacs and mind you his referring to whites as cracker ass crackers is the main reason we even use the term CAC...he's just doing a bit to then right and not saying something publicly thats a little bit true or speaking truth to power in any way right:rolleyes::rolleyes:

you wanna have it both ways..when a person says something you agree with theyre good... when they say something you disagree with theyre shit and not just shit but the shittiest shitheads that ever shit:rolleyes:.. its bi-polar...I guarantee you in six month Barkley WILL say some shit about whites and racism and the SAME niggas here will be all:bravo: and six month later he'll say something about black people those same people will be all:pain:
okay geech, i give up. on trying to think you are not a total dumbass.

first of all, please take all those ifs upon which you are predicating pieces of your argument and shove them up your ass.

wash your hands

then answer the fucking questions that you are avoiding like used ebola gloves

DO YOU NOT RECOGNIZE ANY DIFFERENCE IN INTENT OR TONE BETWEEN THIS CHRIS ROCK BIT AND BARKLEY'S STATEMENT?

you are typing all the bullshit you can to not answer that shit. just answer it potna.

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
okay geech, i give up. on trying to think you are not a total dumbass.

first of all, please take all those ifs upon which you are predicating pieces of your argument and shove them up your ass.

wash your hands

then answer the fucking questions that you are avoiding like used ebola gloves

DO YOU NOT RECOGNIZE ANY DIFFERENCE IN INTENT OR TONE BETWEEN THIS CHRIS ROCK BIT AND BARKLEY'S STATEMENT?

you are typing all the bullshit you can to not answer that shit. just answer it potna.
He got you hot, ain't 'uh, mane???

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I say the black student telling the other black student he doesn't act black. They are playing into this idea that black people are supposed to act a certain way. If my girl cheated on me with a stranger, I'd be pissed but I know that that guy is doing what guys do. If my brother fucks my girl behind my back, I'm going to feel like 'damn, we're supposed to be bigger and better than that.'

The teacher can feel that way, but at the end of the day 2+2=4. She can't do shit about me excelling in class as long as I'm participating and doing the work.

in classes where a teachers opinion matters such as your English and composition classes...your classes with lab reports....etc.....in those classes what she thinks abput you matters.......a lot.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member

He got you hot, ain't 'uh, mane???

lol man naw, this the damn internet

jone just be getting stuck on the dumbest shit

like a wind up toy when it hits a wall but still got a lot of wind up left

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Fair enough. I don't have an scientific evidence to back my opinion, I'm just speaking from my balls. If the teacher is in the students face telling the kid he isn't going to be shit, that's a real fucking problem. If she feels like a black student can't possibly be the best student in class, even if he grades are showing it, that dumb bitch doesn't need to be in a power position with children and that biased attitude.

Its not about being in the kids face.."he ain t gonna be shit."
...its about having it in their mind when its time to grade papers......

thats when it matters

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Barkley is right, but it's something that doesn't fit what SOME people want to hear. Michael Dyson will probably write a book about this shit. :smh:

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Barkley is talking about that moment and exchange..black man to black man..

if I get mugged and shot on the street by a black man..you could make the case that the mugger is acting out decades of modern socio-racial pressure buttressed by centuries of oppression that goes all the way back to the moment his ancestor was kidnapped somewhere in Ghana and brought to the colonies in America some 250 years ago. But at the end of the day THAT BLACK MAN is the one with a gun in his hand and its HIS finger on the trigger and HE has a CHOICE IN THAT MOMENT whether his next action is going to be a positive one or negative one. In that moment its not a white man sticking a gun in my face its a black man sticking a gun in my face..the same black man who can casually call me brotha in the same breath. And mine you I'M dealing with the SAME bullshit he has to day in and day out so who exactly is he getting over on?

geech you are right the moment matters....

but you are wrong because what brings about the moment matters more....

and in America and even intra racial relations......white supremacy and racism is reason and Barkley completely dismissed it as if it never existed.......

that is what i am not in agreement with what was said....

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member

geech you are right the moment matters....

but you are wrong because what brings about the moment matters more....

and in America and even intra racial relations......white supremacy and racism is reason and Barkley completely dismissed it as if it never existed.......

that is what i am not in agreement with what was said....
geech and chuck are both retards because they are equating the entirety of our race with the criminals of it.

other races don't do this, and it is because there is generally no reward for it. for us, historically, cooning is a quick route to a cookie. at least that's chuck's excuse. geech just appears to enjoy reading his own words a lil too much.

what matters isn't whether or not it was history or the moment, it's that the fucking dude robbing you does not represent enough of us to get on a gotdamn TV and say that he is why the rest of us won't ever be shit.

the numbers proved a long time ago that we are not any more predisposed to bullshit than anyone else, yet dumbasses like these two keep running with that.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Its not about being in the kids face.."he ain t gonna be shit."
...its about having it in their mind when its time to grade papers......

thats when it matters

but then we go back to 2+2=4...unless that teacher is just blatantly flunking a kid even with correct answers theres not much they can do if the kid is doing the work right.

I get it in that white people tend to move the goalposts but its hard to do that with everything.

batmanobx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

this is one of those "shoot the messenger, not the messenger." times, He has a valid point.

Blaq

Boss Soul
OG Investor

geech and chuck are both retards because they are equating the entirety of our race with the criminals of it.

other races don't do this, and it is because there is generally no reward for it. for us, historically, cooning is a quick route to a cookie. at least that's chuck's excuse. geech just appears to enjoy reading his own words a lil too much.

what matters isn't whether or not it was history or the moment, it's that the fucking dude robbing you does not represent enough of us to get on a gotdamn TV and say that he is why the rest of us won't ever be shit.

the numbers proved a long time ago that we are not any more predisposed to bullshit than anyone else, yet dumbasses like these two keep running with that.

Great commentary throughout and 100% on point.

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

well when you put it like that.....I have to agree with you.....

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

but then we go back to 2+2=4...unless that teacher is just blatantly flunking a kid even with correct answers theres not much they can do if the kid is doing the work right.

I get it in that white people tend to move the goalposts but its hard to do that with everything.

not everything but when its a subjective type of grade....a word problem....etc....

that is an issue and IT MUST BE ADDRESSED......

I would have been fine if Barkley would've said....."Black people are going to have a hard time being successful....partly because of the racism and things that white people still do to them and partly because of......."

godofwine

Supreme Porn Poster - Ret
BGOL Investor

honestly barkley has a valid point. :dunno:

it starts early in life. kids who do well in school get picked on for doing well. it just translates on to later in life as well.

either that or they try to conform and dumb themselves down to fit in.. A lot of us fell into that trap too. I talk to young people nowadays and I say there is nothing wrong with being a nerd. Most of the nerves that I went to school with our successful in life after school, while many of the most popular kids at my high school or any high school that was ass popular and successful as they ever got. The useless success and popularity of a high school student

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

either that or they try to conform and dumb themselves down to fit in.. A lot of us fell into that trap too. I talk to young people nowadays and I say there is nothing wrong with being a nerd. Most of the nerves that I went to school with our successful in life after school, while many of the most popular kids at my high school or any high school that was ass popular and successful as they ever got. The useless success and popularity of a high school student

and that's not a black thing its a HUMAN THING
you just typed what every group of people in this country go through.

what every group has to deal with.

right or wrong?

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Got it

Bullying nerds and teasing those smarter than you is exclusive to black people...

I’m just out here working hard every single day, just trying to be the best poster I can be....

Blu Diablo

Promoter of Common Sense
BGOL Investor

Got it

Bullying nerds and teasing those smarter than you is exclusive to black people...

I’m just out here working hard every single day, just trying to be the best poster I can be....

Exactly, but we got a gang of muhfuckas QUICK to buy that as one of OUR ills. :smh::smh::smh:

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member

Got it

man i honestly don't understand how they can type that shit and not see the ridiculousness

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

It's not even about being a nerd. Just 'talking proper' gets kids clowned. White kids don't get clowned for speaking proper English. They will get clowned for being nerds.

Take you for example. You like country music. God forbid a black kids likes something that isn't what black people are supposed to like. Shit, hood folks will clown black people who eat medium-rare steaks. If you don't burn your food to a crisp, that's eating like white people. The list goes on and on.

If white people do something, SOME black people feel you have to do the opposite to prove your blackness. One cat got clowned on BGOL for asking about vacation spots in Maine. That's for whites. Like to go sky diving? That's white people shit.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

man i honestly don't understand how they can type that shit and not see the ridiculousness

Because they're hollering about breaking molds and all of this other shit while speaking right from a conditioned state of mind.

Everything that has been said about teasing and bullying and being a nerd and all of that shit is NOT EXCLUSIVE to black people and it damn sure ain't the reason it's holding black people back.

It's fucking hilarious how they're trying to cosign the "unintelligent" and "poor" are the reason black people won't make it in america.

Like he didn't say "I tell my white friends all the time" like he didn't MAKE IT A POINT to mention that it was his white friends in front of white people because "see I'm one of the good ones that keeps it real"

Stats don't matter
Truth don't matter
Just their own lame ass experiences
It has opened my eyes up so much as to how LAME these dudes are.
And lame doesn't mean you weren't a star athlete or the most popular guy in school
LAME is your personality and how you carry yourself
Lame is a state of mind they still suffer from

It's infuriating sitting here reading this shit.. it's been all day.. literally all day I keep checking this shit like ok somebody gonna talk some sense.. and then for every 1 here comes 3 more saying nonsense.

We have to address every single thing in our communities
but the problem is these motherfuckers want us to address effect and not the cause.

Cause they decided we were too strong sober they littered our areas with drugs specifically and alcohol specifically and guns legal and illegal specifically and changed drug laws to cater to locking up black people specifically

but all these dudes want to see if the dude that is selling drugs has a gun and is drinking some liquor

nvm he's the 3rd generation since the 70's that is on a not do shit path

dudes QUICK to call these kids that's in their 20's today and early 30's CRACK BABIES forgetting that the BABIES AIN'T DO NO CRACK the fucking parents did.

shit is ALL fucked up across the board but dudes is acting like the 80's and 90's didn't even happen

like people my age inherited what THEY INHERITED and squandered it all and now it's all our fault
when you dudes in your 40's DROPPED THE FUCKING BALL and threw the shit all away
but now it's not on you
fuck a leader and an example or some tradition or something to pass on or something to look at fuck all of that shit

these 20-30 year old's are what's wrong with the black community because supposedly over the past 20-30 years THEY were the ones setting the examples and turning the community to shit

wildlover85

Star
Registered

"Barkley said that young black men who do well in school are accused of “acting white” by their peers."

So by this logic,every black male that goes to school will drop out and make nothing but a 1.0 GPA!

Kids just don't like geeks and nerds! So they make fun of them and try to make them feel bad.Every kid isn't going to fit in and never will.

“Acting white”

For this word,I think we just need to kill this or give this some sort definition.

When kids say acting white;they are talking about someone like Clarence Thomas or Tiger Woods.Black men who try to simulate with the white culture,you have many black men who have a broad vocabulary and intelligence.But they carry themselves like strong black men.Brothers like Michael Eric Dyson,Dr.Boyce Watkins,or even some cats on this board and for Charles Barkley.This is the same hard head,who said he agreed with the Zimmerman verdict!

Are we really going to listen to this jackazz!

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

As long as he adds himself to that list I see no problem with what he's saying.He was lucky to be where he's at and he did by being a brute