Charles Barkley:‘Unintelligent’ Blacks ‘Brainwashed’ To Keep Succesful Black Men Down

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Re: Charles Barkley:‘Unintelligent’ Blacks ‘Brainwashed’ To Keep Succesful Black Men

dude i've had my run in with bully growing up but i handle it

that is exactly my point. some of us learn to handle it. others of us crumble.

anyone acting like they have never been tested is just talking shit. i am glad u and i passed the test. most of us do.

anyone that moves alot as a kid will be tested. i learned quick to be friends with or fight the alpha dude in the new neighborhood. u don't have problems after that.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Re: Charles Barkley:‘Unintelligent’ Blacks ‘Brainwashed’ To Keep Succesful Black Men

well address it this way then. discuss your argument.

what does race have to do with it? and please be specific.

dude your acting retarded, it wasn't my argument it was yours and when I asked you to explain your argument you told me to Google your personal experiences. If you're not intelligent enough to handle this conversation then move on bro. But now you're making an ass out yourself

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

so to get this back on track.

help me understand how systemic racism in 2014 makes one black person undermine another black person's success?

There is a cause and effect issue here, and misery loving company. But aside from that, a large number of people don't logically think of the impact of slavery and the continuing forms of legal discrimination has had on us as a group. Not everyone is impacted the same way, some will appear not to be affected at all. I'm just saying, there is a reason why as a group we are last on a lot of lists. I don't know how anyone with an ounce of intellect can expect black people to erase about 400 years of terror and continuing within 50-60 years of truly being "free" and that's a stretch.

By the way, I'm a chiropractor. I was never picked on for being smart in school, I used to do the picking on because that was my personality as a kid. I'm a jerk, as they say and still am...

alexw

Platinum Member

that is exactly my point. some of us learn to handle it. others of us crumble.

anyone acting like they have never been tested is just talking shit. i am glad u and i passed the test. most of us do.

anyone that moves alot as a kid will be tested. i learned quick to be friends with or fight the alpha dude in the new neighborhood. u don't have problems after that.

so how is this a racial thing man? again you're all over the place

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Why does he get a mic to talk about anything other than bball????

People whom spew shit out their mouths just like charles are the ones white people will give a mic, it will never be the other way around...

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Voyuer don't u dare run from this topic

Come back and explain your ways

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

dude your acting retarded, it wasn't my argument it was yours and when I asked you to explain your argument you told me to Google your personal experiences. If you're not intelligent enough to handle this conversation then move on bro. But now you're making an ass out yourself

nigga, stop being so emotional. really. who pissed in your cornflakes today? :lol:

you are the one arguing that it is cooning when a black person agrees that with barkley that less educated blacks are brain washed to keep successful black men down.

i didn't ask you to google MY experiences. i told u to do your own research regarding the matter being discussed. i really hope you are not a teacher.

Sampson

Rising Star
Registered

Man, you're wasting your breath. It's obvious this topic touched a repressed memory about Jermaine from high school, taking his lunch money or something.

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member

. some shit is about racism. other shit is not. some shit is cooning. other shit is not. barkley isn't cooning on this shit.

we as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people.

So basically what sir Charles is saying is that if black kids stop picking on other black kids for being nerdy in school everything in the black community will be fine...no more racism..problem solved..you and that coon can GTFOH with that shit.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

Man, you're wasting your breath. It's obvious this topic touched a repressed memory about Jermaine from high school, taking his lunch money or something.

naw dude. i hate niggas named sheldon. and it was the third grade when that nigga was a problem. i had to fight him and his older brother weekly. till i found that bike chain.....

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

explain to me how you see black people fucking over black people all the time? Please give me some examples or else you're just turning into a full-fledged coon

drug dealer, gangbangers, graffiti assholes, general corner niggas, black on black con/get-over niggas, black sell out politicians, bad black cops...

that answer the question?

alexw

Platinum Member

nigga, stop being so emotional. really. who pissed in your cornflakes today? :lol:

you are the one arguing that it is cooning when a black person agrees that with barkley that less educated blacks are brain washed to keep successful black men down.

i didn't ask you to google MY experiences. i told u to do your own research regarding the matter being discussed. i really hope you are not a teacher.

do you even know what the term emotional means? please define emotional and then show me where I exhibited those qualities in my responses to you.

Furthermore I asked you to tell me how black people get in each others way and you told me to google it. that was your fucked up assessment that you cannot justify quantify or explain because it's based on your own coon logic

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

we as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people.

So basically what sir Charles is saying is that if black kids stop picking on other black kids for being nerdy in school everything in the black community will be fine...no more racism..problem solved..you and that coon can GTFOH with that shit.

nope. don't agree with that assertion at all.

but i will say that when black folks stand together and support on another, as do many other minorities, we will be much better equipped to handle whites.

we have no economic base. we have no cultural base. we have no leadership.

if we had those things we would be able to call our own shots but we don't. so we can't.

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member

stop fucking lying. Rush beat Obama by turning him into an elitist who didn't understand poor people. It was a never attack on his intelligence nor race.even in interviews where I've seen rush on he stated that he beat Obama on class issues. Try that spin job at people who aren't as smart Bro

But while Rush praises the power of education for grade-school students, he shows a suspicion of folks who get too high, especially if they're trying to take his congressional seat. "He went to Harvard and became an educated fool," he says scornfully of Obama, and declares, "We're not impressed with these folks with these eastern elite degrees."
http://www1.chicagoreader.com/obama/000317/

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be lying about. He said the shit. Where's the spin? Brotha?

Last edited:

ankhheru

BGOL Investor

Barkley went on a long monologue on the subject: ”Unfortunately, as I tell my white friends, we as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you’re black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people. It’s a dirty, dark secret; I’m glad it’s coming out.”

I stopped there. Anytime a black man or woman starts a conversation with that kind of statement you already know that nothing of consequence will come after that. Fuck Barkley.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

drug dealer, gangbangers, graffiti assholes, general corner niggas, black on black con/get-over niggas, black sell out politicians, bad black cops...

yeah, but i wanted him to find that.....

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

But while Rush praises the power of education for grade-school students, he shows a suspicion of folks who get too high, especially if they're trying to take his congressional seat. "He went to Harvard and became an educated fool," he says scornfully of Obama, and declares, "We're not impressed with these folks with these eastern elite degrees."/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be lying about. He said the shit. Where's the spin? Brotha?

hmmm... interesting commentary....

alexw

Platinum Member

you just described every fucking group of people you fucking idiot. how is this exclusive to the African American community?

alexw

Platinum Member

But while Rush praises the power of education for grade-school students, he shows a suspicion of folks who get too high, especially if they're trying to take his congressional seat. "He went to Harvard and became an educated fool," he says scornfully of Obama, and declares, "We're not impressed with these folks with these eastern elite degrees."/QUOTE]

it was an argument based on class, you have no idea what you're talking about

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

alexw

Platinum Member

yeah, but i wanted him to find that.....

no you didn't you really had no idea what you were talking about and neither does that coon geechie

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

You thought Obama was running against Rush Limbaugh?

naw man. i misunderstood the comment.

i am not from IL or CHI and did not know what he meant.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

no you didn't you really had no idea what you were talking about and neither does that coon geechie

naw. as a teacher u should know that when u do your own work u learn better.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Barkley went on a long monologue on the subject: ”Unfortunately, as I tell my white friends, we as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you’re black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people. It’s a dirty, dark secret; I’m glad it’s coming out.”

I stopped there. Anytime a black man or woman starts a conversation with that kind of statement you already know that nothing of consequence will come after that. Fuck Barkley.
Those were my exact thoughts. It confirms my initial suspicions that this is more about him appeasing his white friends (and wife) and less about identifying and addressing legitimate confirms within the black community.

alexw

Platinum Member

naw man. i misunderstood the comment.

i am not from IL or CHI and did not know what he meant.

you literally have no idea what you were talking about again. I'm not from Illinois or Chicago myself but I'm educated enough to know who Obama ran against

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor

none of that has anything to do with black kids picking on other black kids for doing well in school.

as someone who learned early on to do well in school but not be super public about it i am sure that the kids that attempted to pick on me had no knowledge of what you were talking about.

i had to learn to hide my intellect early and be an 'athlete' not to get picked on.

yes, the system of racism has impacted black people. but barkley has a leg to stand on here. crab in the barrel syndrome is not new and it is real.

You being afraid of being yourself is telling of your support system, not Black people.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

you just described every fucking group of people you fucking idiot. how is this exclusive to the African American community?

its not but your in a society that holds you to a marked disadvantage..being fucked over by someone who looks like you and calls you brother is an additional hurdle is it not??

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

you literally have no idea what you were talking about again. I'm not from Illinois or Chicago myself but I'm educated enough to know who Obama ran against

u are right. i had no idea what i was talking about on THAT subject.

ankhheru

BGOL Investor

Those were my exact thoughts. It confirms my initial suspicions that this is more about him appeasing his white friends (and wife) and less about identifying and addressing legitimate confirms within the black community.

When you snore in the face of cac's you often find your self trying to comfort them in areas of racial tension, history and relations. It's hard to speak the truth when you know it will upset your spouse and kids. That being said, fuck Barkley.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

i just have to remember that when these subjects come up some black people think that racism absolves all black people of anything.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

:hmm:

I dont know any black person who thinksits a goid thing or honorable to go to prison GTFOH

I've separated myself from those people. I grew up with guys that think it's cool to ice grill people, stand on the corner, be a piece of shit to other people, and my parents were not going to allow any of that to happen to me.

The wording is terrible in Barkley's statement, but I understand the context. Some people want you be in the same position as them...if they're fucked up, they want you to be fucked up too.

alexw

Platinum Member

its not but your in a society that holds you to a marked disadvantage..being fucked over by someone who looks like you and calls you brother is an additional hurdle is it not??

all people have to overcome hurdles and obstacles.again I need you to to tell me how black people are systematically fucking over black people. where are the laws created by black people designed to hold each other back, where are the black businesses that are not hiring other blacks, where are the black owned schools that are holding black children back? or are those problems from the racist dominant society that was purposely doing those things to us.Someone getting over on you doesn't affect the entire race as a whole. You two dudes literally have no idea what you're talking about

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

I've separated myself from those people. I grew up with guys that think it's cool to ice grill people, stand on the corner, be a piece of shit to other people, and my parents were not going to allow any of that to happen to me.

The wording is terrible in Barkley's statement, but I understand the context. Some people want you be in the same position as them...if they're fucked up, they want you to be fucked up too.

cosign.