WTF Betty White dead at 99

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
With the hatred a lot of y'all have for white folks on here I wouldn't have thought it would have been a RIP thread for Betty.

RIP Queen Betty.

Some White Folks just transcend the Racial Bullshit. Most of US as Black People do realize that. And are fair.

There are just very select White folks in that group you can't be talking shit about. And not get your ASS kicked.

Betty White was among them.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
*random buzzed thought* Combined with John Madden, I've lost 2 white people that I actually like. The list isn't long.
I tend to be able to side-eye a lot of American Hollywood nostalgia gas. You can’t fool me with planted stories. Some white people either hid their racist well or didn’t engage in racism.

I’ll await the tell-all books. But until then I'll watch SNL reruns with The Census Taker.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rest in peace. She once a had a show and it was cancelled because she brought on a Black man name Arthur Duncan to perform.

Betty White Reunited With Tap Dancer Whose Career She Launched in the '50s

June 22, 2017

83-year-old tap dancer, Arthur Duncan, was on the premiere of Steve Harvey's Little Big Shots: Forever Young. The legendary dancer discussed how Betty White gave him his first job on TV, even though the color of his skin was a real problem for some people. Arthur said, "I was on the show, and they had some letters out of Mississippi and elsewhere that some of the stations would not carry the show if I was permitted to stay on there. Well, Betty wrote back and said, 'Needless to say, we used Arthur Duncan every opportunity we could.'" It was a big opportunity for Arthur, who turned it into a career in show business that has lasted more than 60 years. Arthur even became the first African-American regular on a variety show when he appeared on The Lawrence Welk Show for almost 20 years. So, needless to say, Arthur was pretty excited when Betty showed up onstage and surprised him. Arthur had seen everything he needed to see in life after reuniting with Betty. When Steve Harvey asked Arthur what it was like to see his old friend, he joked, "I'm ready to go now." But before God could take him, Arthur wanted to catch up with Betty first. He told her, "I hope we have a chance to visit after this is over." And without missing a beat, Betty replied, "Oh, I hope so. You never call. You never ask me out."

Backwards ass racist Mississippi complaining a black person dancing on TV was the same shitty place that banned Sesame Street because it was multicultural.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Steve Harvey asked Arthur what it was like to see his old friend, he joked, "I'm ready to go now." But before God could take him, Arthur wanted to catch up with Betty first. He told her, "I hope we have a chance to visit after this is over." And without missing a beat, Betty replied, "Oh, I hope so. You never call. You never ask me out."

Betty wanted to get Blacked even back then ...ol boy missed his shot ...:rolleyes:

BlackStar6870

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
d4994ded205dd62c49f82ef7f09cd0a8.jpg

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
I fuckin called that shit in January. Told my wife that this year is gonna give us a huge fuck you by killing her. Then I saw all the birthday celebrations and whatnot and figured they were playing with fire. But I held it in. Sucks tho man.

That’s how they got George Burns, too. Actually started the show rehearsals, too.

don’t forget Betty White was about helping people of color break into Hollywood and have their voices heard during a time when they wereall about shutting us out. Her own career took a hit for her doing so in the 60s, but she didn’t care.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't bring negativity into this thread. The woman earned and deserves nothing but respect. Please edit or delete your comment. :hmm:
It’s not negativity it’s the truth you can’t have it both ways when it come to hating white folks and acting like you love them in death threads.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some White Folks just transcend the Racial Bullshit. Most of US as Black People do realize that. And are fair.

There are just very select White folks in that group you can't be talking shit about. And not get your ASS kicked.

Betty White was among them.
And I respect that all I say is just keep that same energy when it comes to respect and not put all white folks in a box with calling them all types of names.