WTF Betty White dead at 99

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
Rest in peace. She once a had a show and it was cancelled because she brought on a Black man name Arthur Duncan to perform.

Betty White Reunited With Tap Dancer Whose Career She Launched in the '50s

June 22, 2017

83-year-old tap dancer, Arthur Duncan, was on the premiere of Steve Harvey's Little Big Shots: Forever Young. The legendary dancer discussed how Betty White gave him his first job on TV, even though the color of his skin was a real problem for some people. Arthur said, "I was on the show, and they had some letters out of Mississippi and elsewhere that some of the stations would not carry the show if I was permitted to stay on there. Well, Betty wrote back and said, 'Needless to say, we used Arthur Duncan every opportunity we could.'" It was a big opportunity for Arthur, who turned it into a career in show business that has lasted more than 60 years. Arthur even became the first African-American regular on a variety show when he appeared on The Lawrence Welk Show for almost 20 years. So, needless to say, Arthur was pretty excited when Betty showed up onstage and surprised him. Arthur had seen everything he needed to see in life after reuniting with Betty. When Steve Harvey asked Arthur what it was like to see his old friend, he joked, "I'm ready to go now." But before God could take him, Arthur wanted to catch up with Betty first. He told her, "I hope we have a chance to visit after this is over." And without missing a beat, Betty replied, "Oh, I hope so. You never call. You never ask me out."

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
7647966b7343c29048673252e490f736.jpg

I got a bad feeling Betty White ain’t going to be the only one to go in 2022

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Betty Marion White Ludden (January 17, 1922 – December 30, 2021[1]) was an American actress and comedian.[2][3] A pioneer of early television and with a career spanning over nine decades, White is noted for her vast work in the entertainment industry, having been one of the first women to exert control in front of and behind the camera,[4] as well as for being the first woman to produce a sitcom (Life with Elizabeth),[5] which contributed to her being named honorary Mayor of Hollywood in 1955.[6] She is also widely known for her roles as Sue Ann Nivens on the CBS sitcom The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1973–1977), Rose Nylund on the NBC sitcom The Golden Girls (1985–1992), and Elka Ostrovsky on the TV Land sitcom Hot in Cleveland (2010–2015).

In December 2021, before White's death, it was announced that White’s 100th birthday would be celebrated on January 17, 2022, at theatres across the United States with the showing of a new documentary-style movie celebrating White’s life and career titled; Betty White: 100 Years Young - A Birthday Celebration.[64]

A star-studded cast of friends including Ryan Reynolds, Tina Fey, Robert Redford, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, Jay Leno, Carol Burnett, Craig Ferguson, Jimmy Kimmel, Valerie Bertinelli, James Corden, Wendy Malick, and Jennifer Love Hewitt among others will feature on the celebration.

The documentary-style movie contains clips from some of White's most iconic roles, including Rose on "Golden Girls," her hosting gig on "Saturday Night Live," her Super Bowl/Snickers commercial, and her role as Sue Ann on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show." The movie will also honor White's trailblazing role as both the first woman to produce a television show and the first woman to receive an Emmy nomination.

However, with White's death, the future of the film is unknown.