Why are black Americans less affected by the opioid epidemic? Racism, probably.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Some Black folks.....mostly cacs. They get em from the doctors AND the streets. A doctor isn't prescribing enough for these pill addicts daily usuage....duh. And Ive been asked twice by random cac bitches if I had or knew where some pills were at. Im not saying Black folks dont pop pills. But white people have mastered the pill and drug game way beyond us. And by mastered, I mean total users.
Your statement about doctors not prescribing enough kinda flies in the face of all these people saying they have too much.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Your statement about doctors not prescribing enough kinda flies in the face of all these people saying they have too much.

So you can't hold on to the fact they may be too strict in prescribing meds for black folks and over prescribing for white folks at the same time?

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
So you can't hold on to the fact they may be too strict in prescribing meds for black folks and over prescribing for white folks at the same time?
I think you came in the middle.of a discussiom. so I don't really know what you're asking me

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I think you came in the middle.of a discussiom. so I don't really know what you're asking me

I know what I'm responding to. I've also had pain meds left over from prescriptions. But IN GENERAL, black folks are under treated for pain, and white folks get pain meds handed out like candy. I've relayed my brothers experience, and you have people who have also said they have problems getting pain treated.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I got 35 pills of Vicodin leftover from getting my wisdom teeth pulled.

I took a couple of half capsules. But mostly just dealt with the soreness.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
I know what I'm responding to. I've also had pain meds left over from prescriptions. But IN GENERAL, black folks are under treated for pain, and white folks get pain meds handed out like candy. I've relayed my brothers experience, and you have people who have also said they have problems getting pain treated.
I still don't know what you're asking. You know what you're responding to but I don't.

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It does. Clearly you haven't been listening to mumble rap. Btw most of the arrests from the war on drugs Era were drug DEALERS or from violent crime that resulted from the business
The biggest dope dealers is the American government and the mob. When the mob was flooding black communities with dope rap was not popular. Then rap hit the scene and we had blacks with money that did not graduate from well known colleges or universities. But they had control of them by drug use. I tell you anytime a young black is not controlled by education, politics, religion or the poisons in the food then drugs take over to keep that young black mind in check.

Dota

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm reading this like a blessing in disguise for me. A few years ago I had a crack tooth where I had to get a root canal performed. Seeing a dentist at the last minute because the pain was unbearable, they diagnosed my problem and scheduled me for the root canal. The time between then was fucking unbearable and the only thing I was taking was Tylenol. I couldn't even sleep because the pain was so bad. They never prescribed me the strong shit but man that pain was a bitch.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
From a medical perspective when us so called Black people express concerns of pain we'd sooner get motrin or tylenol. Where as whitey was getting percoset and oxy. I'm just repeating what medical professionals in family have been saying for years. Sadly white devils don't value our cries for pain like they do that of white tears. Good old fashion racism doing a 360 and fucking devils.

This shit has been going on for decades. Even Hollywood been showing people waking up, opening their medicine cabinets, and starting their days with prescribed pills and some wine. :smh:

SWASHBUCKLA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Exactly. I have seen it at many trials at the criminal court house on 161st in the Bronx. The way whites get a pass and non whites get the shaft. It's no where near justice or fair. Fuck the system and it's blind supporters.

EXACTLY!!!!!!! Unfair just like the '93 Bulls playing a team of mentally challenged middle schoolers, imps, and hunchbacks (thx Dr. Claude Anderson)......

:angry::angry::angry:

Shadow22

Rising Star
Registered
I believe you. But what makes you think this addiction problem can't just as easily transfer to the Black community? Are we even sure it hasn't already?

Breh yall better stop this heads up ya collective ass bullshit.

Addiction hurts are side as well. I know a few folks car accident related because of their meds and continued lifelong pain are now hooked on oxies. I know a childhood friend's unk took his own life Black Friday 2013.

We don't talk about pain and getting help as a whole. Brehs clown cacs but some get help and some don't. Yet like fools bear the pain all the while yelling what a strong black is because he foolishly deals with pain instead of getting help.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
The article is a part of the narrative.

The same as meth but they are now saying meth is starting to show itself in the black community.

Pills have always been abused more by white people but that doesn't mean there is no black presence.

As I said earlier, there are people who have been addicted to prescription drugs who started using them legitimately, but that isn't an epidemic.

The funny thing is people don't seem to mention that these damn drugs will block you up quicker than government cheese. Which is another reason as soon as the pain reduced I substituted the oxy with weed.

When I was prescribed the opioid I was also prescribed a laxative

Block you up doesn't cover it!! That shit will totally shut down your digestive system! And now they're trying to sell drugs to treat OIC (Opioid Induced Constipation).

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I think it is more your doctor,insurance and presciption.plan. ..

I have never had any issues getting any medication from my doctor,

And different doctors have different philosophies on pain management. .

Not to mention word of mouth,people talk how their doctor prescribs whatever and others will go to that doctor because of that..

Like going to a dentist because they use gas..