Why are black Americans less affected by the opioid epidemic? Racism, probably.

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
I believe you. But what makes you think this addiction problem can't just as easily transfer to the Black community? Are we even sure it hasn't already?
It could but it won't be through the medical community. Not directly anyways. I couldn't get hooked on what they give me if I wanted to. Dosage verses weight and amount? Impossible. He'll I can't even get relief on a level to function properly in society.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There is no opioid epidemic

These are people who are busing prescription drugs.who are breaking down pills to be injected.

There is a very small group who have chronic pain and who became addicted but they are not the largest segment.

The majority are people that are intentional drug users and drug sellers.

lock em up they are no different than the black heroin addicts and sellers that have been locked up en masse since the 60s and the crack addicts and seller that have been locked up since the 80s

the only difference is these are crakkas

I have Oxxy right now prescribed to me after recent surgery. I was given 2 scripts of 60 pills each.

I took them for pain for about 5 days and then put those pills away and pulled out the one-hitter and the green as soon as the initial pain subsided to manageable levels.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm glad that they don't prescribe us those drugs because of racism or whatever...let white people be the scapegoats for something,finally.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I get it but here's the thing.

Unless you believe these white people have been intentionally over diagnosed, what makes you think the same.woukdnt happen to Black people ?

Already in the illegal market ya got tons of people out here doing these drugs and our rappers make the commercials for it

Percocet! Molly Percocet!

So sure, release the hounds.

This is the bullshit narrative they are promoting.

These people aren't admitted because they used a painkiller for too long and got hooked.

It may be true for a small segment the majority of people hooked on opioids are intentional users many of which never received a prescription for the drugs.

No different than people who abused diet pills or valium or types of speed...

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
This is the bullshit narrative they are promoting.

These people aren't admitted because they used a painkiller for too long and got hooked.

It may be true for a small segment the majority of people hooked on opioids are intentional users many of which never received a prescription for the drugs.

No different than people who abused diet pills or valium or types of speed...
I might agree with you but I'm.not sure what you're saying. What's the bullshit narrative?

CADE_BADAZZ

Rising Star
Registered
Black pain tolerance is higher. We don't just run to the doctor for s ache or pain. Most of us don't go to doctors because of the cost. Chris Rock said it best with "Put some of that Tussin on it!" Whites feel entitled to health care and cannot stomach discomfort, while blacks deal with worry, hunger and pain almost daily. It's a choice of which one we are gunna let bother us. Whites can't deal with any aspect of discomfort. Just another day to us. I've taken the high dosage pills after surgery and had pills left over when it healed. Just how we are built.
100% agree

And the bottom line is we do less drugs period. My homeboy used to sell his pain pills to a group of white women at a bank. They would put their money together and buy his whole script for double what he could make selling it on the streets. You would never think these women where hooked on drugs if you buy into the stereotype.

Last edited:

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

These are people who are busing prescription drugs.who are breaking down pills to be injected.

There is a very small group who have chronic pain and who became addicted but they are not the largest segment.

lock em up they are no different than the black heroin addicts and sellers that have been locked up en masse since the 60s and the crack addicts and seller that have been locked up since the 80s

the only difference is these are crakkas

I have Oxxy right now prescribed to me after recent surgery. I was given 2 scripts of 60 pills each.

I took them for pain for about 5 days and then put those pills away and pulled out the one-hitter and the green as soon as the initial pain subsided to manageable levels.
Oh I see what you're saying now.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm glad that they don't prescribe us those drugs because of racism or whatever...let white people be the scapegoats for something,finally.

Whoever told you they don't prescribe black people those drugs is lying to you.

Hydrocodone is an opiate and it is prescribed widely.

In fact it is what the prescribed me after my surgery but it wasn't doing shit, I simply called my surgeons office and they prescribed oxy.

Now I am sitting on a full script of hydrocodone that could be used for abuse. I also have 100 oxy pills that could be abused.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I might agree with you but I'm.not sure what you're saying. What's the bullshit narrative?

That the opioid problem is caused by people who legitimately used these drugs and became hooked because they are so strong.

The majority are people who abuse a prescription drug looking to get high.

Makin, it seem they unknowingly were victims of their pain condition tries to make them sympathetic

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
That the opioid problem is caused by people who legitimately used these drugs and became hooked because they are so strong.

The majority are people who abuse a prescription drug looking to get high.

Makin, it seem they unknowingly were victims of their pain condition tries to make them sympathetic
Well then this article about subscriptions and all that is bogus.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

Hydrocodone is an opiate and it is prescribed widely.

In fact it is what the prescribed me after my surgery but it wasn't doing shit, I simply called my surgeons office and they prescribed oxy.

Now I am sitting on a full script of hydrocodone that could be used for abuse. I also have 100 oxy pills that could be abused.
Yup and it's sold out in the streets and people make songs about it. It's weird to hear Black people talk about this opiod availability with such arrogance as if it's only effecting white people.

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Black pain tolerance is higher. We don't just run to the doctor for s ache or pain. Most of us don't go to doctors because of the cost. Chris Rock said it best with "Put some of that Tussin on it!" Whites feel entitled to health care and cannot stomach discomfort, while blacks deal with worry, hunger and pain almost daily. It's a choice of which one we are gunna let bother us. Whites can't deal with any aspect of discomfort. Just another day to us. I've taken the high dosage pills after surgery and had pills left over when it healed. Just how we are built.
True shit. I remember I had surgery many years ago, I was given a bottle of percocets to take after. I took a few, but almost the whole bottle was practically full by the time I healed.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well then this article about subscriptions and all that is bogus.

The article is a part of the narrative.

Yup and it's sold out in the streets and people make songs about it. It's weird to hear Black people talk about this opiod availability with such arrogance as if it's only effecting white people.

The same as meth but they are now saying meth is starting to show itself in the black community.

Pills have always been abused more by white people but that doesn't mean there is no black presence.

As I said earlier, there are people who have been addicted to prescription drugs who started using them legitimately, but that isn't an epidemic.

The funny thing is people don't seem to mention that these damn drugs will block you up quicker than government cheese. Which is another reason as soon as the pain reduced I substituted the oxy with weed.

When I was prescribed the opioid I was also prescribed a laxative

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
True shit. I remember I had surgery many years ago, I was given a bottle of percocets to take after. I took a few, but almost the whole bottle was practically full by the time I healed.
Wisdom teeth. All four. Got infected. Gave me a gang of Oxy! Half a bottle when I was done. Took the antiobiotic and one pill and went to sleep! My aunt had bad diabetes. Cut her legs off. She rubbed em and did the other Shit, barely took the heavy shit. Strong ass woman. We don't go immediately for the extra Shit. We built to endure unmfortable Shit. Slavery didn't break us. I've seen whites go down with a migraine, throwing up, missing work, in bed two days.

Shadow22

Rising Star
Registered
So you're saying you WANT Black people to be hooked on these drugs like white people now?[/QUOTE

Only on bgol do brehs have their heads in the sand on American issues but every caribbean/african issue yall crying about it and u expect others brehs to care. I care about issues state side.

With that being said some black folks are hooked on opoids. I know nurses and doctors who work at community clinics.

As a whole the community don't wanna admit it or even speak on it.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didn't say or indicate that someone told me shiiit ,I was going off of what the article said strickly so if they want to not prescribe black people medications because of racism or whatever,fine I can live with that.

Riding around listening to a rapper,Molly's and Percocets....a new generation of junkies

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didn't say or indicate that someone told me shiiit ,I was going off of what the article said strickly so if they want to not prescribe black people medications because of racism or whatever,fine I can live with that.

Riding around listening to a rapper,Molly's and Percocets....a new generation of junkies

What does your lack of.musical taste have to do with the thread?

:lol:

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
I believe you. But what makes you think this addiction problem can't just as easily transfer to the Black community? Are we even sure it hasn't already?
I know zero niggas that pop pills. I know a few that sell them. But non that use. I know one cat that snorts coke. And one cat that drinks lean. All my close friends partake in nothing more than weed. So Im not to to sure how big the pill thing is in the Black community. Im sure these youngsters are experimenting. But these cacs got the addict game down packed.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
I know zero niggas that pop pills. I know a few that sell them. But non that use. I know one cat that snorts coke. And one cat that drinks lean. All my close friends partake in nothing more than weed. So Im not to to sure how big the pill thing is in the Black community. Im sure these youngsters are experimenting. But these cacs got the addict game down packed.

Ok- so ask the niggas you know who sell WHO they sell em to.

If these white folks are getting them from.their doctors (aka legal pushers) I'm sure the dont need to get em from your friends.

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The paradigm is shifting. Cacs certainly take the lead when it comes to usage, and will always be the top junkies, but b/c of the drug culture in today's music, there are a large number of younger Black's who are fucking with pills.
Whats crazy is how fast things have changed. 7 years ago you'd be hard pressed to find a Black customer if you were selling pills. Nowadays there are guys with majority Black clientele.

lol no
there definitely is an epidemic.
there are a large number of every day whites who are using herion and popping pills, and ultimately becoming victims
people that'd make you go "yea right" if i pointed them out to you
i moved alot of merch during my early 20s. ive seen enough to know that this is a real crisis

Last edited:

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The paradigm is shifting. Cacs certainly take the lead when it comes to usage, and will always be the top junkies, but b/c of the drug culture in today's music, there are a large number of younger Black's who are fucking with pills.
Whats crazy is how fast things have changed. 7 years ago you'd be hard pressed to find a Black customer if you were selling pills. Nowadays there are guys with majority Black clientele.

lol no
there definitely is an epidemic.
there are a large number of every day whites who are using herion and popping pills, and ultimately becoming victims
people that'd make you go "yea right" if i pointed them out to you
i moved alot of merch during my early 20s. ive seen enough to know that this is a real crisis

I think you misunderstood my point

There is no epidemic of innocent people accidentally hooked from using the drugs for medical reasons..

These are intentional drug abusers.

The epidemic is to create sympathy for white drug addicts

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've been saying that white supremacy comes at white folks first. But they think its all sugar when its really shit.

Even got Black folks believing that garbage.

But gone let them chickens come home to roost.
This right here...is a "BGOL Hall of Fame" quote.:itsawrap:
You are correct.

As a rule, a set of humans have a higher pain tolerance than other humans. Many of those humans are in the African diaspora.

Just because Europeans chose to abuse the fact of this trait, does not make us any less human.

Migraine headache suffer since 19. Cluster headache sufferer since 25. The second set of headaches I mentioned are nicknamed "suicide" headaches.

Bruh...:unconscious:

At one point my doctor had me on 7 different experimental migraine meds that had the effect of Chiclets and it was because I kept tellin' her NO opiates.

Finally, I gave in on some Percocet.

Why...in the f"ck...did I do that? The sh!t made mad while having a headache. Prescription, and following opiod prescriptions just collected, moved with me for over a decade before I just got rid of 'em.

You could sit a 100 count Oxy 80's in my crib and they will all be there, this time, next year. That type of feeling is for white FOLKS...like eatin' f*cking chalk.

Now, a toradol drip...I can neither confirm nor deny the lethalness of said drug.:zipit:

The article is a part of the narrative.

The same as meth but they are now saying meth is starting to show itself in the black community.

Pills have always been abused more by white people but that doesn't mean there is no black presence.

As I said earlier, there are people who have been addicted to prescription drugs who started using them legitimately, but that isn't an epidemic.

The funny thing is people don't seem to mention that these damn drugs will block you up quicker than government cheese. Which is another reason as soon as the pain reduced I substituted the oxy with weed.

When I was prescribed the opioid I was also prescribed a laxative
Man, and that was rhe secondary reason I couldn't f*ck wit' 'em. To be pain free, I have to trade in a higher difficulty setting of a bodily function that expels poison from my system?:cmonson:
Wisdom teeth. All four. Got infected. Gave me a gang of Oxy! Half a bottle when I was done. Took the antiobiotic and one pill and went to sleep! My aunt had bad diabetes. Cut her legs off. She rubbed em and did the other Shit, barely took the heavy shit. Strong ass woman. We don't go immediately for the extra Shit. We built to endure unmfortable Shit. Slavery didn't break us. I've seen whites go down with a migraine, throwing up, missing work, in bed two days.
:lol:You ain't lyin'!

I remember my second job in corporate america. I hadn't been there a whole year, was trying to make a good impression by not missing work, and ran into a migraine spell.

On day 3 of the migraine episode, to avoid the lamp light, I was taking calls up under the desk.:smh:

My supervisor came by the cubicle and said, "Enough. Don't come back until they are completely gone."

And amongst Black people, I consider myself in the middle when it comes to pain tolerance.

If these white folks are getting them from.their doctors (aka legal pushers) I'm sure the dont need to get em from your friends.

Listen, the Dr. is being tracked, the pusher is not.

If my supplier appears limitless, so is the dealer, and no doctor can compete with that.

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think you misunderstood my point

There is no epidemic of innocent people accidentally hooked from using the drugs for medical reasons..

These are intentional drug abusers.

The epidemic is to create sympathy for white drug addicts
My mistake fam I hear you

Shadow22

Rising Star
Registered
Then somehow they'll say the CIA brought it in

A classic favorite some dead cac from 1902 mad brehs sells drugs and guns . Last time i check a person can say No. Faux strong mofos.

Old pussy is pussy and they cool with their sons at 16 getting it in but not their daughters yet they wanna get all morality police when jr makes them a grand dad at 42. I still see the nonsense at work when i hang with a homie whose still there.

I got work cacs my age on some super apologizing for officers,slavery the who nine. I be like o_O:smh: . They wanna ask me social issues. I do what i gotta do and bounce.

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor

Some Black folks.....mostly cacs. They get em from the doctors AND the streets. A doctor isn't prescribing enough for these pill addicts daily usuage....duh. And Ive been asked twice by random cac bitches if I had or knew where some pills were at. Im not saying Black folks dont pop pills. But white people have mastered the pill and drug game way beyond us. And by mastered, I mean total users.