Washington, DC & Surrounding Areas (the goodole DMV)

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hit up the convention center tomorrow. They are having an event from 12pm - 2pm for the HU and Morehouse game. It's free...

debovette

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Will be up for Howard Homecoming,whats good on the grown and sexy side as far as good food, poetry nights and blues?

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
Bumping for Howard's Homecoming.

http://thefabempire.com/2011/10/20/an-insiders-guide-to-howard-university-homecoming-2011/

Find all the events there.
Expect normal clubs and lounges to be two to three times more expensive to get in. There will be chicks from all over the place so don't be thirsty. Play your hand right and you'll have some out of state trips to make after Sunday.

Get your directions from people actually from D.C. or use GPS. Don't wind up where you don't belong.

U Street is going to be on fire and pretty much any club with a headliner or special guest will be seeing lines stretched out front.

Have fun, enjoy my city!

pimpin101

Support BGOL
Registered
Can't talk about a pregame or chill spot without mentioning stans....fire wings and strong ass drinks (glass of liq with a small side of chaser..dont get better than that!)

usually an older crowd...28-38 but the cougars stay in effect...few young joints stop in too for the drinks before they head out....
http://www.stansrestaurant.com/

I think everything else on U st was mentioned
alero
indulj
etc...

bens next door is a cool spot to kick it, watch games, and run into some bad chicks...(next door to the famous bens chili bowl)

you also have Jin lounge on 14th and U like a few doors up from Marvins...it's hit or miss, but if you catch it on a good night...it's a good night...there's this white dude who DJ's like never before...shits official

they opened a new spot with a rooftop called "lost society" on the corner of 14th and U as well...nice if u wanna come up on a snowbunny or just be diverse with it

patty boom boom is next to lost society....thats for the jamaican homies...if you want a breezie to slow wine or grind on you...thats where you wanna be

bar 7 and Park were already mentioned....those are old faithfuls...when all else fails, there's ALWAYS a few bad ones there...wed, thur, fri bar 7...thurs and fri park

what else...um.....

Tuscana saturdays....next to park on I and 14th...free before 12 with RSVPs and always chicks in there partying...if u can't pull one from there, you not trying hard enough

annnnd the famous Stadium (strip club if you didn't know)i believe the only one actually IN DC and not VA or MD....sundays, and i think tuesdays, and random nights when people promote....some baaaad bitches dancing...but you can't touch...WEAK...the wings are good tho...cool spot to take a chick if you tryna see where her heads at lol

thats all for now, im usually down to check out new shit so i come up on gems all the time people sleepin on...i'll check back later

:dance:

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
I got invited too House Parties where I prefer to kick it for Halloween anyways. However, places like Georgetown and U Street will be poppin. Whole buncha slutty costumes out there starting Friday night!!!

they were in full slut walk mode on U street that saturday night.

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
BUMP, going to DC in April staying at the Westin Georgetown.

What's good around there BGOL?

Studio718

Rising Star
Platinum Member
BUMP, going to DC in April staying at the Westin Georgetown.

What's good around there BGOL?

My girl lives in MD now for Gradschool ( Loyola/University of B more ) and I've been exploring DC on weekends.

My favorite spot was " The Library " but last week was their last party before the spot closed down for good.

I found some afterhour african/reggae spots.
African chicks look cool and are friendly, especially if you dance.

I'll report back with some more.

K

kwazdog

563297_213527682082202_100002749168759_299621_999995976_n.jpg

91-elg.jpg

GreedySmurf

Star
Registered
I'm moving into Falls Church the 1st week of May. Can someone give me the rundown on this area? And where can a bro get a haircut around there?

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
:yes:The Howard Theater opens back up today.:yes:

Monday, April 9, 9:00 PM
Wale performs in the renovated venue
620 T St. NW. Doors open at 7:00PM. $35/advance
This is a serious honor to be the 1st act to perform in the newly renovated theater. Dude better handle his biz.

Gotta understand the history...

Before the Apollo, before the Regal, there was The Howard Theatre. At its opening in 1910 it was "the largest colored theatre in the world." Sadly shuttered and neglected since the early 1980s, the once majestic building with its "trunk of soul" has survived death in order to be reborn in 2012.

For most of the 20th century, The Howard Theatre, located in the
heart of Washington, DC, near the corner of 7th and T, held audiences captive with music, dance, drama and comedy. Speakers like Booker T. Washington shared the stage with musicals, road shows, vaudeville acts, theater productions and community programs. Later, Washington's favorite son Duke Ellington opened a new era of jazz big bands on The Howard's stage.

When the nation was deeply divided by segregation, The Howard Theatre provided a place where color barriers blurred and music unified. The Washington Bee dubbed it the "Theatre for The People" for it was the place where dignitaries, like President Franklin D. Roosevelt and the First Lady gathered with everyday folks to see both superstars and rising stars – many of whom debuted at The Howard Theatre. Ella Fitzgerald, Billy Eckstine, Billy Taylor and Bill Kenny of the Ink Spots made way for talents like The Supremes, Marvin Gaye, Chuck Brown, Aretha Franklin, Dizzy Gilespie, Shirley Horn, and comedians Petey Greene, Dick Gregory, Redd Foxx and Moms Mabley.

story-of-HTR.jpg

The Howard Theatre inspired change, yet felt the impact of a nation in flux following the 1968 riots. Eventually, the degradation of the neighborhood forced the theater to close. After several false starts in the late '70s and early '80s to reinvigorate The Howard, the curtains fell.