Washington, DC & Surrounding Areas (the goodole DMV)

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
I'll drop some stuff in here from time to time starting this weekend.
Feel free to add to it and any questions about where to go (or not to go), hot events, restaurants, etc... are welcome.

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
As for new spots to check out... I'd recommend

New Spots
Recess at 727 15th Street, NW across the street from the American Bar Assn.
Just opened a few weeks ago. Real nice lounge setting with a dancefloor and they put an emphasis on good music so they plan on flying in some good dj's. Some bad broads come out to party instead of the usual stand around bullshit. 2 young brothas, College Park alumni, Brandon and Fisayo own the spot. So far I'm impressed.

District at 473 18th Street, NW I havent seen the space myself but it's supposed to be nice and I havent had a reason to hit Adams Morgan in a minute so we may check it out. Grand opening is this weekend I think. It'll be on some top40 mixed crowd, mixed music type shit. You nikkas love white girls though so there ya go.

Lounge of Three on 10th and U Street, NW across from the CVS and U street metro. One of DC's little known secrets that's getting some press now. The only straightup hiphop spot I know about in the District. The DJ plays nothing but official r&b and hiphop from the mid 90's up to recent heat but the crowd is real chill. It's a bar on the 1st floor and a lounge/ bar on the 2nd floor. Only spot in DC where you're likely to hear a Joell Ortiz or Jay Electronica track followed by some old Lox/ Mary J track off a mixtape you havent heard in 8 years. They have cards, chessboards, hiphop trivia and some other shit nd people are just chillin, playing games, talkin shit and eating. Feels like you're chillin at a house party in someones crib. Cool spot to take a chick that's into music or to grab a drink and some wings with the fellas before going to some other shit.

I'll just post this from the RIP Love thread as a place holder for now.

Last edited:

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
still can't get over the fact they closed this place. yeah it was small and cramp but always a good place to start or end your night

l

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
still can't get over the fact they closed this place. yeah it was small and cramp but always a good place to start or end your night

l

:yes:yea shit was official. cheap ass, strong drinks and chicks would always stop through there before heading further down the strip.

hard2xplain

Support BGOL
Registered
still can't get over the fact they closed this place. Yeah it was small and cramp but always a good place to start or end your night

l

playboi u aint lying, they had like $5 pitchers, used to park at the parking lor right up the street, get like 4 pitchers then start the debautchery......adams morgan....then a big slice

audio syndicate

Social Critic At-Large
BGOL Investor
if you can grab a copy of the city paper, they got 50 restaurants you should check out, depending on your flavor of eats, i can give you a decent spot to hit up...

one of my new favorites is seventh hill in the eastern market area. it's a pizza/sandwich/salad shop..wood fired brick oven pizza and good salads..fairly inexpensive.

another is amsterdam falafel in adams morgan. i'm not a huge falafel fan but theirs is well seasoned. the star is the fries, order a large and get lots of the garlic cream. then thank me for the suggestion :)

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
damn near fainted when I read this.. I maybe moving to the chantilly area early August.. I will DEF check this out if I do. Thanks homie..

shit is a big all day festival. one of the best annual concerts out. all the headline artists perform an entire album worth of work. shit is very serious.

if u get tickets, i suggest getting ones under the tent. the lawn tix are cheaper but 5 - 6 hrs in the 90 degree sun + a few drinks or a blunt or two will have a ninja passing out. and yea u will see dehydrated, unprepared muthafuckas straight falling out.

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
Marvins on Mondays

I fuck w/ DJ's that love music like I love music. I dont really fuck with cats that just play whatever spinning on the radio. DJ Jahsonic is one of the nicest in the city and this is his best weekly party. Marvins upstairs area is a bar and a packed dance floor on Monday but son keeps the crowd moving.

You will see 0 uptight hoes standing around nursing a apple martini trying to look cute at Marvins on Mondays. Whoever comes to the party, came to party or at least came with a good attitude. Shits official... Go check it out...

mainingred2.jpg

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
What's the BEST happy hour spot to hit on a Friday??? Thanks in advance!

There's alot. What kinda crowd you into?

Now that its warm, my current favorite might be Alero on U St.
Get there early enough to catch a table outside and chill or kick it inside by the bar. There are alot though. I dont know. If we keep getting 100 degree weather, that chill outside shit might be a wrap.:smh: Depends on what you're into though...

NYCg

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good thread. Ill be in DC/Maryland area with the lady, the weekend of the 10th of July. I plan to visit my sister and stop by the Smithsonian Museum so far. Subscribing... :)

klep

Star
Registered
I cant believe this shit went 18 posts with mentioning Bazz & Crue

www.bazzfactory.com

if you like ass shaking clubs where you can touch, and probably more thats the spot.

Dont fuck with fuego,

Sensations suppose to be straight havent been yet ill report back after I go.

ceedizzle

Rising Star
Registered
There's alot. What kinda crowd you into?

Now that its warm, my current favorite might be Alero on U St.
Get there early enough to catch a table outside and chill or kick it inside by the bar. There are alot though. I dont know. If we keep getting 100 degree weather, that chill outside shit might be a wrap.:smh: Depends on what you're into though...

Thanks! I'm just looking for a chill spot with some nice looking chicks and good happy hour prices.

NYCg

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Remember the Smithsonian is a group of museums... not just 1.
You gotta figure out which ones you want to visit.

http://www.si.edu/museums/

Natural History should be a definite...
Thanks alot. Im planning as I type. I will only be out there for a couple days, so I have to plan ahead for sure. I will make Natural History a definite, along with the Air & Space. Thanks alot.

Do you think driving to the museum on a early Sunday morning and paying for parking is crazy, or just take the Metro and call it a day? Thanks again.

I cant believe this shit went 18 posts with mentioning Bazz & Crue

www.bazzfactory.com

if you like ass shaking clubs where you can touch, and probably more thats the spot.

Dont fuck with fuego,

Sensations suppose to be straight havent been yet ill report back after I go.

Hehe... I went there a few years ago. Got a membership card on the first night, bring your own bottle etc. It was located in a mini mall. I was visiting a friend in VA, and we drove out there. Good strip joint with the homies.:yes:

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
Thanks alot. Im planning as I type. I will only be out there for a couple days, so I have to plan ahead for sure. I will make Natural History a definite, along with the Air & Space. Thanks alot.

Do you think driving to the museum on a early Sunday morning and paying for parking is crazy, or just take the Metro and call it a day? Thanks again

I would probably just do the metro. ONly problem is that it's hot as fuck this summer. Yesterday it was 98 degrees at 9am. The metro lets you out right at Natural History though I think...

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
Visitors (and locals) might wanna check out Chocolate City Tours. It's a black history tour run by a black historian, Corey Crane. Definitely worth it.
http://www.chocolatecitytour.com/index.php

"The "Chocolate City Tour" is an amazing tour. The tour coordinator, Corey, is even more amazing. This is an eye opening tour that everyone should experience. The tour was very informative and just so many facts that are not being taught in the schools. I was just in awe of all the information revealed on this tour. I thank you Corey, and my family thanks you. We thoroughly enjoyed the tour on Saturday. You are definitely one in a million."
-- Angela McNeill

"Corey Crane's Chocolate City Tour was one of the most educational and informative tours of current and historical tours that I have ever been on. He has knowledge of little known and rarely mentioned places of special interest to African Americans and those with an interest in African-American history. I highly recommend this tour to any and all those who want to learn more about the rich heritage of the nations capital."
-- Carolyn Rowe, Fort Washington Maryland

"The tour was excellent! What you learn on the tour makes you thirst for more. You hunger to learn your history to uncover & discover what has been stolen, rewritten and hidden from us. This is the tour that you will go on time and time again. My words alone can't express how this tour has blessed me."
-- Debra Wiggins,Glen Burnie, Maryland

"Very good information that I didnt know but now I know. I will tell other young and old Black men about the experience. These are the men who need to know this the most."
-- Joe Barham, Maryland

"The tour was the best tour that I have ever been on (and I have been on several Black Tours). I will be telling all of my friends about this tour. I learned more about Black History than I knew before. It was original. Corey has really done his research. He is a walking Black Historian for Washington D.C. Every Black person who comes to D.C. should take this tour. It is well worth the money. This tour explains the real truth about Blacks, Slavery, and all of the ugly truths about America's history."
-- Bobbie J. Judson, Jonesboro, Georgia

"I truly enjoyed the tour. I recommend everyone who visits D.C. to take this tour to get a better understanding and knowledge about OUR HISTORY. If we don't know where we come from then we are bound to repeat the mistakes of the past. So many of our African American children do not know about their history. Thank you so much Corey for sharing all of your knowledge with us. Love and Peace!"
-- Joann Watson, East Point Georgia

NYCg

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I would probably just do the metro. ONly problem is that it's hot as fuck this summer. Yesterday it was 98 degrees at 9am. The metro lets you out right at Natural History though I think...

Visitors (and locals) might wanna check out Chocolate City Tours. It's a black history tour run by a black historian, Corey Crane. Definitely worth it.
http://www.chocolatecitytour.com/index.php

Thanks a lot for all the info. I will take the tour as well. Very appreciated. Feedback will be left once I get back. Thanks.:)

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
Thanks a lot for all the info. I will take the tour as well. Very appreciated. Feedback will be left once I get back. Thanks.:)

and if you dont mind looking like a geek for an afternoon you can take the tour on one of these...
segway-vc-2.jpg

It's fun. Dont mind all the fools looking at you.:dance:

capitalq

Rising Star
Registered
Ay MainMan, you know what's good for this July 4 weekend? I'm talking tonight, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday :dance:

Me and my patnas are on the buppie shit, looking for the college educated crowd. Somethin like that Marvin's on Monday deal. Drinks, dancing and fine women :yes:

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
Ight tonight (Thursdays)....

Truth Thursdays @ Policy
6pm - 1am
1904 14th Street, NW WDC 20009
The food here is official. Bad professional chicks, grad students, grown up crowd. There won't be a hoodrat in sight and you'll be a block over from the U St strip if you wanna do some other shit.

Shadow Room
10pm - 2:30am
2131 K Street NW
My younger brother and his boys party here. I been a few times. Shit is packed. Party is live. Hmmm... how would I describe the chicks in here? You'll see alot of the chicks that spend all day on twitter, fb and shoe websites. Bad lil superficial joints. The 21 - 25 yr old partygirls. Few reformed hoodrats mixed in. I'm generalizing but you'd probably agree after goin. You'll get a mix though. Lot of people come thru. It's cool. Gets packed...and hot. Vip stage and main floor can be hot and sweaty when packed. Not really my type party but it will be rockin all night if its the same as the last time I slid thru.

Park
5pm - 2:30 or so
920 14th Street
The safe bet. Should be on point. Never been too disappointed really plus most people have tomorrow off so ninjas will be out partyin everywhere...

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
Anything happening Friday night?

Let's see... everybody is making a run @ it tonight. Any of the below should be cool. Parking will be fucked up tonight. Be safe...

Station 9 doing a poetry/ spoken word open mic 7 - 12
1438 U Street Northwest

Indulj will be on point. In fact all U St. should be right tonight
1208 U Street Northwest

Ibiza will be on point
1222 1st Street Northeast

Ozio - cigar bar/small 2 floor club will be official
1813 M Street Northwest

Layla Lounge
501 Morse Street Northeast

Lux Lounge - prolly lotta young chicks
649 New York Avenue Northwest

K Street Lounge
1301 K Street Northwest

Penang
1837 M Street Northwest

Bar 7 - new spot. has a lil buzz. never been. its across the street from the dc convention center
1015 7th Street Northwest

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
Ciroc and Adidas hosting a rooftop day party at Hogates on the Waterfront 12noon - 8pm

down where the wharf is... 800 WATER STREET SW
:cool:

headed to a bbq w/ the fam and my phone wont login to bgol today for some reason so be safe ninjas.

Last edited:

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered

http://lowercaseletters.bandcamp.com/

They sound GOOD live...even better than the mp3's. Rare these days...

Next show is tomorrow & free with free beer:

Wednesday July 14th @ Public Bar. FREE show at 6 p.m. Will be filmed and aired on CBS July 31st at 9 p.m. Say Metromix at the door for free entrance and free beer!