Warrior | Official discussion| Cinemax( Bruce Lee-Inspired)

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
started watching this 2 days ago...halfway thru...the first 2 eps were very promising...3-5 were ok but if this is how the series continues I could’ve just as easily skipped the series...that rundown saloon showdown in ep 5 was cheesy and totally implausible

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Warrior is hands down one of the best shows I have seen in awhile
Are you checkin out Wu Assassin? It's sorta similar but set in the present day with a lil mix of Mythology. It's decent enough to hold you over til the next season of Warrior.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
yeah i finished Wu Assassins but Warrior is the show where I'm actually looking forward to a s2, i like the cast of Wu Assassins but the dialogue and writing were very underwhelming to me

DAHITMAN

Rising Star
Are you checkin out Wu Assassin? It's sorta similar but set in the present day with a lil mix of Mythology. It's decent enough to hold you over til the next season of Warrior.

I tried watching episode one, it really didn't have the same magic as Warrior.
So I stopped watching it.
I might try it again this weekend

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
yeah i finished Wu Assassins but Warrior is the show where I'm actually looking forward to a s2, i like the cast of Wu Assassins but the dialogue and writing were very underwhelming to me
I tried watching episode one, it really didn't have the same magic as Warrior.
So I stopped watching it.
I might try it again this weekend
Wu Assassins is far more Whitewashed. White Saviors still abound and that takes away from its potential to me. It's Warrior meets Crazy Rich Asians. I take into consideration, the demographic that they are trying to appeal to. I like the soundtrack though.

DAHITMAN

Rising Star
Wu Assassins is far more Whitewashed. White Saviors still abound and that takes away from its potential to me. It's Warrior meets Crazy Rich Asians. I take into consideration, the demographic that they are trying to appeal to. I like the soundtrack though.

I will check out the show on the strength on the soundtrack. You are probably right about Wu Assassins being white washed
I think Its not as raw as Warrior.

DAHITMAN

Rising Star
giphy.gif

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
They started off right where s1 left off, some pretty good action from Ah Sahm in the Barbary fight pit now, Andrew Koji seem like he stepped up his training to get a more ripped physique to get closer to how shredded Bruce Lee was

Mai Ling coming out with outfits with that royalty drip while most all her Long Zi Tong soldiers dressed in rags and shit while she spending money buying out the lemon cart

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
They started off right where s1 left off, some pretty good action from Ah Sahm in the Barbary fight pit now, Andrew Koji seem like he stepped up his training to get a more ripped physique to get closer to how shredded Bruce Lee was

Mai Ling coming out with outfits with that royalty drip while most all her Long Zi Tong soldiers dressed in rags and shit while she spending money buying out the lemon cart
Oh, it's back on!? Thanks for the heads up. :yes:

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Last hurrah for Cinemax originals in Oct, dam i really hope this will get a 3rd season after this from either HBOMAX or some other platform picking it up if not HBOMAX

I really don't understand what the game plan is here. A lot of cable carriers like Comcast have removed Cinemax from their channel bundles forcing everyone to purchase them a la carte. But without Cinemax originals, all the network has is the same movie library from HBO, 3 months delayed. Who the hell is gonna pay extra for that. On top of that, they refuse to carry the Cinemax originals on HBOMax.

It seems like the parent company, AT&T is trying to kill the network slowly. Not sure why, but they should just pull the trigger and put it out of its misery like they did the Audience Network on DirectTV. It sucks though and marks the end of an era, the best Cinemax originals were filled with graphic violence and gratuitous nudity, you know the shit straight guys like to watch. Hell, even their Skinemax stuff was getting better with the Zane Jumpoff and Femme Fatales. Now, we're stuck with this bullshit on HBO, like PrisonLoveCraft and 2 Dope Bedwenches.

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
I really don't understand what the game plan is here. A lot of cable carriers like Comcast have removed Cinemax from their channel bundles forcing everyone to purchase them a la carte. But without Cinemax originals, all the network has is the same movie library from HBO, 3 months delayed. Who the hell is gonna pay extra for that. On top of that, they refuse to carry the Cinemax originals on HBOMax.

It seems like the parent company, AT&T is trying to kill the network slowly. Not sure why, but they should just pull the trigger and put it out of its misery like they did the Audience Network on DirectTV. It sucks though and marks the end of an era, the best Cinemax originals were filled with graphic violence and gratuitous nudity, you know the shit straight guys like to watch. Hell, even their Skinemax stuff was getting better with the Zane Jumpoff and Femme Fatales. Now, we're stuck with this bullshit on HBO, like PrisonLoveCraft and 2 Dope Bedwenches.
idk if hbo straight up own all the rights to those shows. if they were smart, they should of did a netflix move when they aquire a show from another network. promote the show so fans can watch the 1st season and then let them know season 2 is coming. that series would of got alot of light on hbomax. action, violence , nudity and politics. i hope hbomax picked it up for season 3.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Mai Ling in a stressful ass position with how she's dealing with Buckley and the Fung Hai where both can turn on her in a moments notice, now Li Yong is looking at he sideways as well

The Fung Hai leader Zing fights brutal like a Mongol Warlord, ripping dude's throat out and casually tossing it

:lol: Wang Chao got mad at his irish baby mama telling the daughter to call him papa

Ah Sahm got them a security contract from Penelope and storage for the opium all in 1 deal

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
The way Lee been going this season he might end up in the SF chinatown opium dens soon

Glad they're going into Chao's character more with the Irish BM and daughter he got, he's probably the most interesting character to me on the show with multiple good characters

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Bill and his Wife glad they invited Lee over for dinner that night

Hong the new hatchet man from China got some serious skills with that whip chain

They should show the Italian Community in North Beach SF during this time as well besides just the Irish and Chinese

Penny and her sister might end up being at odds with each other down the line