Warrior | Official discussion| Cinemax( Bruce Lee-Inspired)

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Ain't none of yall watch this last night? Shit was pretty good, love the mix of martial arts with old west period. A lot happened in this 1st ep, introduced to a ton of characters. @Dr. Truth should at least watch this for the chinatown brothel scenes. @fonzerrillii @ansatsusha_gouki y'all should add this as another show besides into the badlands until Netflix drops Wu Assassins as well

kesq

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I liked it. Kinda pulpy like Banshee and a lot of fun. Lots hot babes, and a low key history lesson on Chinese migration. Good to see a bunch of asian actors get some work. Oh yeah, and the whole thing seems to be a homage to Bruce Lee so I'm gonna revisit some of his old shit as a refresher.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Saw the first episode last night it's good set in 1878 San Francisco. The fighting is on point just like into the Badlands.

Ain't none of yall watch this last night? Shit was pretty good, love the mix of martial arts with old west period. A lot happened in this 1st ep, introduced to a ton of characters. @Dr. Truth should at least watch this for the chinatown brothel scenes. @fonzerrillii @ansatsusha_gouki y'all should add this as another show besides into the badlands until Netflix drops Wu Assassins as well
I remember being intrigued by the trailers over the last few months or so and I scrolled down and watched a couple of minutes of the middle of the episode. It looked decent. I may have to catch this one while it's still on ground level.

I was kinda reluctant because of CACs pandering to an Asian audience for views and revisioning of history and shit.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Yeah it's violent, one of the scenes at the end 2 guys were taking a piss and an Asian chick cut one guy's head off and you see roll by the other guy foot.
And there's a scene of two Irish goons tenderizing the skulls of a couple of Chinese bricklayers in an alley. There are several fight sequences too that are choreographed pretty well. You can see Bruce Lee's influence on them.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
"badlands" is/was that good?
not even close....

Badlands is wire-fu fighting - using only one real martial artist and it started with pretty poor writing

the 2nd season on had greatly improved fighting and writing - it literally kept getting better with each episode

IMO the first ep of Banshee was really similar to Warrior's first episode - I'm expecting this to be better than Banshee

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
not even close....

Badlands is wire-fu fighting - using only one real martial artist and it started with pretty poor writing

the 2nd season on had greatly improved fighting and writing - it literally kept getting better with each episode

IMO the first ep of Banshee was really similar to Warrior's first episode - I'm expecting this to be better than Banshee
I've never watched Badlands but I agree that Warrior is gonna be better than Banshee.