TV News: Luther (Idris Elba) Season 5: He's BACK!! Update: BRAND NEW Movie * Luther: The Fallen Sun March * 2023 on Netflix

Should Alice Morgan get her OWN spin-off???

• Yes

Votes: 44 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 39.7%

• Total voters

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Just finished Bosch, so i think i'm gonna give this a rewatch.

I'm on season 3

I'm shocked how i settled into that show

It was slow as hell but then it got into this rhythm

And it kept improving

Its classic la noir modernized a mix of those 70s cop detective series and law and order

It ain't perfect but once it hooks you...

You can't stop watching

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It better have Alice in some way...
Right.......you rooting for a character who killed both of her parents and the dog....you know you wrote that shit well lol.
Facts. Even the way Alice was written. One of the most sadistic sociopaths ever on TV, but you still loved her. And Cameron from S2 (Spring Heeled Jack) was fucking sick too.

Now the question is who better?

Alice or villinelle on killing eve?

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
How is Bosch ?
it's cool. i wouldn't call it a great show, but its watchable and will keep you entertained. I had watched the first 3 seasons a while back and then stopped. over the past week i binged seasons 4, 5 and 6.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I still haven't seen the shit from two years ago and last year...Normally,it don't happen but I've been busy working on my book and art...It didn't help the site I was watching my shows on died...It took me awhile to find a replacement...

Imma PM you I need a new plug

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

Very misleading article title.

I saw this posted somewhere and read it earlier.

As a huge fan of Luther I have to say I agree with the woman who is a sister btw.

She pointed out that although Luther is black everyone he's surrounded by isn't for the most part including friends, co-workers, love interests, etc.

It really just comes down to a lack of diversity in the supporting cast which speaks to the unwillingness to actively hire black actors/actresses even when the lead is black.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Now the question is who better?

Alice or villinelle on killing eve?
An even scarier thought would be...what if they teamed up? :eek2:
The better killer is probably Villanelle, since that's what she does for a living.
My money would be on Alice because she just doesn't give up and I don't think she would fall for Villanelle's tricks in how she gets close to her victims.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
An even scarier thought would be...what if they teamed up? :eek2:
The better killer is probably Villanelle, since that's what she does for a living.
My money would be on Alice because she just doesn't give up and I don't think she would fall for Villanelle's tricks in how she gets close to her victims.

If they made that into a 3 part mini series it would break ratings records

We is our 10%?

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
man yall had me thinking a new season was about to come out

y'all be killing me bumping threads lol..

I doubt we'll see another season.

If we do see Luther again it will be in a movie which would probably be better.

They have begun to get to that point in a series where there isn't much more than can do over 4-6 episodes.

But if they can condense it into a 2 hour movie it will play out better without having to introduce all those new characters and storylines.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

As a huge fan of Luther I have to say I agree with the woman who is a sister btw.

She pointed out that although Luther is black everyone he's surrounded by isn't for the most part including friends, co-workers, love interests, etc.

It really just comes down to a lack of diversity in the supporting cast which speaks to the unwillingness to actively hire black actors/actresses even when the lead is black.

I disagree...Luther really doesn't even have friends or love interests on the show.....

I get what this person is trying to say but its kind of off based.

If they gave Luther all of that stuff then that show is no longer Luther. Its a basic ass show about a "copper". I could be off base here but I thought Luther was about him and how he's basically married to his career. He doesn't really have any love interests or friends on the show. He's a loner.

Not only that but there was twice in this show where he had two black female supporting actors with him. This just doesn't seem like the right show to complain about this stuff with.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Thanks for clearing that up.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Nah they've run that character into the ground.

After the way they ended the last season it makes no sense bringing her back.

It's time for a new villain.

The chemistry between Idris and Ruth is off the chain.
They play off of each other extremely well.
Alice started out as a villain but ended up his counterpart.
Luther's moral compass prevents him from effectively dealing with certain adversaries. Alice became his "enforcer" in a way. The serial killer he was after was an example of that.
He needs Alice to cross the line when the line needs to be crossed and Alice needs him to reel her in when she goes overboard, since she herself is a serial killer.

Bring Alice back, damnit!