Tom Clancy's The Division 2 March 15th, 2019 PC, XBOX ONE, PS4

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Two mission boss fights glitched out on me last night. Used two skills drone and turret during the fight. As soon as the boss used his EMP the game froze for a minute then automatically killed the boss and ended the mission.

Also the game locked up during co op play with multiple AI on screen. Game brought me back to the title screen

They need to fix this before the standard edition players start playing.

None of my friends online had any problems yet. Maybe it was my drone turret setup that's caused it. :dunno:

Got a patch as soon as I logged on. Hopefully for this problem.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Been hearing/seeing TONS of 'highly positive' reports that even when players are finding critical bugs.... the Ubisoft Devs keep putting out patches within just a few hours :eek: (or within a few days :yes:) ........... Not weeks.

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
downloaded and played for about 90 minutes this morning. will play later tonite after i finish up some work....

anyone playing on pc? ubisoft?

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thr first one got stale to me with the repetitive missions and the world wasnt open enough, the best part of the game was getting a good crew

Last edited:

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Bug fixes
  • Implemented a fix that should reduce occurrences of client crashes when using skills
  • Fixed an issue where players could be stuck in the wrong World Tier if they completed Strongholds without meeting the required Gear Score while in a group
  • Fixed an issue where players wouldn’t be able to talk to agent Kelso at the Castle Settlement
  • Fixed an issue where players could obtain multiple Ivory Keys from the same source
  • Fixed an issue where map progress would not be saved when completing Open World activities and Side missions in another players’ instance.
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed players to loot Supply Drops multiple times
  • Fixed a bug where players could buy blueprints repeatedly at the vendors by logging out and back in
  • Fixed an issue where combining the Dialed in talent with the Emet Mask could lead to greatly increased Accuracy and Stability

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some of my boys are on this and want me to mob up. I like RPGs, but I dont play shooters. Ive watched some people stream, but whats it like to play??? Would I be screwed with a steep learning curve if I dont play shooters???

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We having a BGOL session anytime soon? I'm on PS4. Add me (MC_eNDee) if you're trying to check it up. We gotta communicate though, so please have a mic.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Division 2's Washington, D.C. setting is surprisingly close to the real city
The Division 2 is a third-person military shooter that takes place in Washington, D.C. After a series of biological attacks, the U.S. lacks the capacity to regain control of important cities. This is where you — an agent of The Division — come in. You have to take back the capitol from nefarious forces that thrive off of chaos and restore order.

In many interviews, the game's maker Ubisoft said that The Division 2 features a "1:1 representation of the real city, making the game world more authentic than ever. The game's map offers up-close-and-personal views of landmarks, natural landscapes, neighborhoods, and enemy hideouts." However, just how accurate is the game world? We ventured into Washington, D.C. to find out. Actual photographs of the city can be seen on the left and screenshots from the game can be seen on the right.

Lincoln Memorial
lincoln%20memorial.jpeg

division%20lincoln%20memorial.jpg

Washington Monument
real%20washington%20monument_0.jpeg

division%20washington%20monument.jpg

Capitol Building
real%20capitol.jpeg

fake%20capitol.jpg

White House
real%20white%20house.jpg

fake%20white%20house.jpg

Watergate
watergate%20real.jpeg

watergate%20fake.jpg

National Air and Space Museum
air%20and%20space%20museum%20shot.jpeg

air%20and%20space%20real.jpg

National Museum of Natural History
img_0534.jpeg

natural%20history%20real.jpg

Hirshhorn Museum
hirschhorn%20shot.jpeg

hirschorn%20real.jpg

Many major landmarks like the Capitol Building, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, and others look exactly the same. Massive Entertainment did an incredible job of recreating them in The Division 2 because you'll be hard-pressed to find a difference. However, the insides of these buildings are completely different, and a lot of the game's action takes place in these structures.

Smithsonian Castle
smithsonian%20real.jpg

smithsonian%20castle%20fake.jpg

However, The Division 2 isn't completely accurate, even with it comes to major landmarks. For example, the Smithsonian Castle's proportions are wrong, but considering the fact that it's a "Settlement" in the game, certain liberties had to be taken. The overall structure is quite similar.

In fact, most of the "liberties" taken with Washington, D.C. are the result of in-game content. While exploring the city with some of the game creators, there was a heavy focus on what D.C. would look like after six months of chaos from the events of the first game. Settlements popping up are an important detail in the way the story and objectives are presented, but physically the D.C. area has undergone decades of water management to make the area livable. Without those things in place and fairly constantly being maintained, significant chunks of the city return to being underwater. You actually see this in the game, especially around the Lincoln Memorial, where water has reclaimed a lot of the area.

Foggy Bottom
foggy%20bottom%20camera.jpeg

foggy%20bottom%20real.jpg

Snows Court
snows%20court%20real.jpeg

snows%20court%20fake.jpg

Gelman Library
gelman%20library%20real.jpeg

gelman%20library%20real.jpg

The George Washington University
gw%20logo%20real.jpeg

gw%20logo%20fake.jpg

Whole Foods
whole%20foods%20fake.jpeg

whole%20foods%20real.jpg

The George Washington University Hospital
foggy%20bottom%20metro%20real.jpeg

foggy%20bottom%20metro.jpg

The George Washington University School of Medicine
medical%20school%20real.jpeg

george%20washington%20university%20med%20school%20real.jpg

Old Main
old%20main%20dark.jpeg

old%20main%20real.jpg

F Street House
university%20president%20house%20actual.jpeg

univeristy%20president%20real.jpg

The Griffin
griffin%20fake.jpeg

the%20griffin%20real.jpg

The Plaza
the%20plaza%20other%20color.jpeg

the%20plaza%20real.jpg

We also walked around western Washington, D.C., to compare the new section of the map, which wasn't accessible during the beta tests. Surprisingly, a lot of the buildings in neighborhoods like Foggy Bottom are also identical. As you can see, even obscure apartment complexes like The Griffin or The Plaza have been recreated with slight modifications. Lastly, Whole Foods and other stores like 7-Eleven are called Most 24 in the game.

Claridge House
claridge%20house%20shot.jpeg

claridge%20house%20real.jpg

Some buildings are completely different and don't look anything like what they do in real life. However, we noticed that this mostly happens when you can enter them.

There is also an important element of fantasy at play. One of the missions late in the game leads you to an underground bunker full of secrets and weapons and more. This whole bunker isn't real, but it came to life in the game based on research the developers did while exploring the city. Washington, D.C. is full of stories about underground shelters and secret rooms, due in no small part to the city actually having real-life, Prohibition-era speakeasies converted to hidden clubs and what is basically an underground city worth of tunnels connecting the Capital and museums and more. Taking advantage of those rumors and myths is a clever way to blur the line between fact and fiction.

Overall, Massive did an amazing job of bringing Washington, D.C., to life in The Division 2. We genuinely believed the realism would be limited to major landmarks, but that's not the case, because even different neighborhoods have received great care.

https://www.windowscentral.com/division-2-game-vs-real-life-comparison

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How to Get WEAPON SKINS in The Division 2

How to Get the Secret Outfit in The Division 2

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
10 HUGE TIPS for The Division 2 - Self Revive, Extra XP, Faster Movement, Better Inventory!

7 Best Features of The Division 2 Explained

Last edited: