The Walking Dead: All Seasons (DON'T POST SPOILERS)

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-walking-dead-getting-a-third-tv-series/1100-6466095/

The Walking Dead Getting A Third TV Series
The franchise keeps walking.
By Dan Auty | @MondoDan on April 10, 2019 at 8:34AM PDT
24 Comments

Subscribe to our Newsletter

","480":"

00:04 / 00:30

Now Playing: The Walking Dead - Season 9 'New Beginnings' Official Teaser

• Leave Blank
Last month it was reported that a new Walking Dead spin-off show was in "active development." Now AMC has officially announced that the spin-off has picked up the new series for a full season, which makes it the third Walking Dead TV show to date. The new series will begin production in Virginia this year, with a planned premiere date in 2020. The first season will consist of 10 episodes.

It's unknown at this stage if the show will feature any returning characters, when it will be set, or what the overall plot will be. AMC shared only a very brief description, saying the show will "feature two young female protagonists and focus on the first generation to come-of-age in the apocalypse as we know it. Some will become heroes. Some will become villains. In the end, all of them will be changed forever. Grown-up and cemented in their identities, both good and bad."

The new show has been created by long-time Walking Dead writer Matt Negrete and Scott Gimple, the franchise's chief content officer. Negrete will also act as showrunner.

In a statement, Negrete said: "I'm beyond excited to be a part of this new show set in The Walking Dead universe. Writing and producing for the original series has been the job of a lifetime and I'm honored to be working with Scott and all the fine Dead folks at AMC in this new capacity. I can't wait for the fans of the franchise to see what we've been cooking up!"

The new Walking Dead spin-off will join Fear the Walking Dead, which is set during the early months of the zombie apocalypse and premiered in 2015. The fifth season of that show is due later this year.

The Walking Dead movies, meanwhile, were announced in November last year and are expected to focus on the character of Rick Grimes, played by Andrew Lincoln. Lincoln left the main show at the start of the most recent ninth season, but Gimple confirmed that he will return for the films, along with co-star Pollyanna McIntosh, who plays Jadis. It is unknown when they are likely to be released, but the first movie is expected to start filming this year.

Recent audience numbers for The Walking Dead are nowhere near the numbers it enjoyed in 2014, when the Season 5 premiere became the most watched cable show of all time. Nevertheless, it is still the most popular drama on cable, and as The Wrap notes, its audience decline is in line with a fall in cable viewers across the board.

Filed under:
The Walking Dead
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

• Leave Blank
View Comments (24)
by Taboola
Promoted Links

From The Web

20 Actors Who Were Also Incredible AthletesTieBreaker

New Walking Dead Spin-Off Show Is In "Active Development"

Search For Any High School Yearbook, It's FreeClassmates

New Terminator: Dark Fate Images Reveal Arnold Back As The T-800

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Danai Gurira Confirms The Walking Dead Season 10 Will Be Her Last
By Halle Kiefer@hallekiefer
23-walking-dead.w330.h330.jpg

Photo: Gene Page/AMC/© 2018 AMC Film Holdings LLC. All Rights Reserved.

All good things must come to an end, which is why that damn zombie apocalypse just will not quit. One of the The Walking Dead’s leads, however, has decided to take her final zombie-decapitating bow after the show’s forthcoming season. “I can confirm this will be my final season as Michonne on the show,” Danai Gurira told the audience at The Walking Dead’s San Diego Comic-Con panel on Friday, confirming rumors that emerged back in February. “I would just like to say that this has been one of the purest joys of my life, to play this role and to be amongst these people.”

With her decision to put down her sword and exit the AMC show after joining the ensemble in season three, the Black Panther actress follows in the frantic, zombie-fleeing footsteps of Andrew Lincoln, who left TWD after season nine, though of course he will be returning for the series’ upcoming spin-off movies. (And whose to say Danai Gurira couldn’t join him for a little more swordplay on the big screen?) Moderator Chris Hardwick announced that The Walking Dead’s season ten will premiere on Sunday, October 6.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ead-actor-dies-long-fought-battle-cancer.html

Walking Dead actor dies aged 48 after 'long-fought battle with cancer'

• Nguyen played guard for the town of Woodbury and protected The Governor
  • Sergeant in Athens-Clarke Fire and Emergency Services in Georgia for 20 years
  • Trained with WWE superstar Rob Van Dam after he left high school
  • Remembered by colleagues for his 'quick wit' and 'unwavering determination'
By Ryan Fahey For Mailonline

Published: 10:46 EDT, 12 August 2019 | Updated: 13:02 EDT, 12 August 2019

View comments

An actor who starred in the hit zombie TV-series, 'The Walking Dead,' has died aged 48 after a 'hard-fought battle with cancer.'

Dango Nguyen appeared in a number of episodes of the post-apocalyptic Atlanta based zombie series, playing a guard for the town of Woodbury who protected arch-villain The Governor.

His death was announced through the Facebook account of his pre-acting workplace, the Athens-Clarke Fire and Emergency Services in Georgia.

17188260-7349051-image-a-5_1565617082349.jpg

17188282-7349051-image-a-7_1565617161486.jpg

17188270-7349051-A_post_by_his_wife_Michelle_on_their_go_fund_me_page_said_that_N-a-2_1565623663021.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
https://theblast.com/c/walking-dead-divorce-khary-payton-teen-titans-go-cyborg

Aug 30, 2019 at 23:32 pm UTC / Last Updated at Aug 30, 2019 at 23:34 pm UTC By Gary Trock

King Ezekiel is about to be without a Queen, because she just filed for divorce.

Actor Khary Payton's wife, Stacy Reed Payton, filed documents Friday in Los Angeles to officially end her 9-year marriage to "The Walking Dead" star.

Other than "TWD," Payton is a huge star who has been the voice of Cyborg on various DC Comics projects, including "Teen Titans Go!" for over 200 episodes.

According to the divorce documents, obtained by The Blast, Stacy lists the former couple's date of marriage as August 8, 2010 ... but lists the date of separation as "TBD."

They have two children together, 10-year-old Ruby and 7-year-old Maya.

OUVsWWN4MnBlM2pQZlZiNVhrVjcucG5n.jpg

Jay_from_dade

RawStrippers&Nut N Models
Certified Pussy Poster
The premier episode had a bunch of ridiculous fucking moments that makes it hard to defend anymore. Fear has actually found a good pace and is waaay more grounded in reality. Fear might have taken over as the better show.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The premier episode had a bunch of ridiculous fucking moments that makes it hard to defend anymore. Fear has actually found a good pace and is waaay more grounded in reality. Fear might have taken over as the better show.

I respect your opinion, but I dropped Fear from my DVR, and I do understand the reality portion but its so slow right now. I miss Madison she was ready to kill anyone and everyone.

In the Walking Dead we don't need these long drawn out stories. We have watched them lose family/friends and then retaliate vs the antagonist, for 9 seasons. They have killed hordes of zombies now all of a sudden they are afraid of the Whisperers. Yet so afraid they may be Whisperers they are attacking close hand combat, same way Jesus died. Everyone needs to carry spears, hell ol girl has a damn sling shot, that's some how accurate. How the hell is a sling shot strong enough to pierce the brain. Sorry that part is frustrating, damn sling shot. But yeah everyone carry a sling shot with rocks, simple takes up less space and accuracy is amazing. Spears, bow/arrows and sling shots perfect for long distance attack if they dodge then you know they are not dead.

We know Negan has a soft spot for kids and he not going to let anything happen to Judith. Just let him find Lucille and wreck heads, or will he just find a new weapon, just let him help.

Black Summer messed me up I want action, lots of action less talk.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
:lol: No way. It used to be when Madison and crew fucked up every camp they went to just by looking out for self. Morgan turned a bunch of hardened survivors into delusional hippies like himself. Ruined Alicia's character.

I've never seen a story arch in the zombie genre as ridiculous as to what fear has become. It's like it's a show for a Christian TV network or Hallmark.

Jay_from_dade

RawStrippers&Nut N Models
Certified Pussy Poster
I respect your opinion, but I dropped Fear from my DVR, and I do understand the reality portion but its so slow right now. I miss Madison she was ready to kill anyone and everyone.

In the Walking Dead we don't need these long drawn out stories. We have watched them lose family/friends and then retaliate vs the antagonist, for 9 seasons. They have killed hordes of zombies now all of a sudden they are afraid of the Whisperers. Yet so afraid they may be Whisperers they are attacking close hand combat, same way Jesus died. Everyone needs to carry spears, hell ol girl has a damn sling shot, that's some how accurate. How the hell is a sling shot strong enough to pierce the brain. Sorry that part is frustrating, damn sling shot. But yeah everyone carry a sling shot with rocks, simple takes up less space and accuracy is amazing. Spears, bow/arrows and sling shots perfect for long distance attack if they dodge then you know they are not dead.

We know Negan has a soft spot for kids and he not going to let anything happen to Judith. Just let him find Lucille and wreck heads, or will he just find a new weapon, just let him help.

That 300 at the beach was fuckin stupid

This.

:lol: No way. It used to be when Madison and crew fucked up every camp they went to just by looking out for self. Morgan turned a bunch of hardened survivors into delusional hippies like himself. Ruined Alicia's character.

I've never seen a story arch in the zombie genre as ridiculous as to what fear has become. It's like it's a show for a Christian TV network or Hallmark.

Twd why i said is ridiculous because 1st they are damn near superheroes. And a cigarette could have been the plot device to move the story forward. But they chose a fucking satellite. Darly with one ax knocks down a tree and kills a bunch of dead. The shit is ridiculous.

Why i like fear better. 1st of all its less people on the west coast. So realistically resources are not as scares. 2nd the whole murder everyone you meet aspect is old. Fear season with logan was so different to me because he wanted the gas but never threated them with violence to get it. People are more realistically civil. It takes a special person to kill another human being. Most people are not killers.

I agree the whole leave a tape shit was stupid, but self aware the show and its characters actually tell Morgan's crew it was dumb.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
This.

Twd why i said is ridiculous because 1st they are damn near superheroes. And a cigarette could have been the plot device to move the story forward. But they chose a fucking satellite. Darly with one ax knocks down a tree and kills a bunch of dead. The shit is ridiculous.

Why i like fear better. 1st of all its less people on the west coast. So realistically resources are not as scares. 2nd the whole murder everyone you meet aspect is old. Fear season with logan was so different to me because he wanted the gas but never threated them with violence to get it. People are more realistically civil. It takes a special person to kill another human being. Most people are not killers.

I agree the whole leave a tape shit was stupid, but self aware the show and its characters actually tell Morgan's crew it was dumb.
I liked fear because it showed how a regular family transformed to arguably villains. It wasn't just about killing everyone. It was them surviving.
When shit gets bad, people tend to devolve socially. In season 3, fear really was showing that shit.

In a world where most people will be raiders and looking out for self, a kumbaya brigade just wouldn't last long. These assclowns flew that plane to save strangers. Even if we do the kumbaya brigade shit, the way they go about it is just goofy and terrible writing.

BATMAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
eeehhhhh.... I enjoyed it. Maybe I was too lost in the dynamics of the show. They have to be on the ready now. Whispers walk among the dead and can easily take them out like they did Jesus. They can't go in like boxers and throw wild punches or fight how they used to (Jesus was flipping off rocks in slow motion and twirling in the air, wtf lol). I wonder how Michonne is going to go out. Peacefully and just go away with the kids like Rick?

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
I liked fear because it showed how a regular family transformed to arguably villains. It wasn't just about killing everyone. It was them surviving.
When shit gets bad, people tend to devolve socially. In season 3, fear really was showing that shit.

In a world where most people will be raiders and looking out for self, a kumbaya brigade just wouldn't last long. These assclowns flew that plane to save strangers. Even if we do the kumbaya brigade shit, the way they go about it is just goofy and terrible writing.

I disagree.

While it might make sense to have every man for himself, what happens if you need a doctor? A mechanic to fix your car? Someone who can watch your back when you sleep? Really, anyone who has a skill or ability you lack?

People need communities to survive and communities require people with strong social bonds and empathy. Otherwise you can't trust anyone and end up shooting your own people like the governor did or get betrayed like Negan.

Whole reason Rick and his crew ended up in Alexandria in the first place is because Aaron saw that they maintained their humanity despite their horrible circumstances. if they had all been out for themselves they would still be out there wandering in the woods. Nobody would want them anywhere near their community.

What's great about both shows is that they balance the ruthlessness needed to survive a dystopia with the trust needed to rebuild the world. if the apocalypse did come five years later they'd be a lot more Morgan's and a lot less Shanes.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I disagree.

While it might make sense to have every man for himself, what happens if you need a doctor? A mechanic to fix your car? Someone who can watch your back when you sleep? Really, anyone who has a skill or ability you lack?

People need communities to survive and communities require people with strong social bonds and empathy. Otherwise you can't trust anyone and end up shooting your own people like the governor did or get betrayed like Negan.

Whole reason Rick and his crew ended up in Alexandria in the first place is because Aaron saw that they maintained their humanity despite their horrible circumstances. if they had all been out for themselves they would still be out there wandering in the woods. Nobody would want them anywhere near their community.

What's great about both shows is that they balance the ruthlessness needed to survive a dystopia with the trust needed to rebuild the world. if the apocalypse did come five years later they'd be a lot more Morgan's and a lot less Shanes.
No doubt communities and social order are needed, but LEADERS who bring about such things AND maintain them do dog type shit. They might maintain the Morgan appearance to the public, but behind closed doors with advisors and confidants it's dog ass shit. History has proven that.

You don't have idealistic fools running anything major. The wolves will eat them alive. And in the real world, you running into wolves every fucking where.

Morgan the type would just help anyone and waste resources on someone with no skills. A burden. Morgan let some idiot into the camp trying to help them meanwhile the person is a threat to the camp. Morgan's an idealistic nutcase. A real leader is going to make the tough calls, but his people might not know. You can't run a bookclub the way Morgan wants to do business, let alone survive the apocalypse. Now, I'm not saying you run shit like it's a pirate ship as Negan did, but Morgan's way is nonsense.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This.

Yes Daryl hitting the tree with the axe was bad. But ol boy split a bullet on Dwights axe in two and perfectly killed two zombies on Fear.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
No doubt communities and social order are needed, but LEADERS who bring about such things AND maintain them do dog type shit. They might maintain the Morgan appearance to the public, but behind closed doors with advisors and confidants it's dog ass shit. History has proven that.

You don't have idealistic fools running anything major. The wolves will eat them alive. And in the real world, you running into wolves every fucking where.

Morgan the type would just help anyone and waste resources on someone with no skills. A burden. Morgan let some idiot into the camp trying to help them meanwhile the person is a threat to the camp. Morgan's an idealistic nutcase. A real leader is going to make the tough calls, but his people might not know. You can't run a bookclub the way Morgan wants to do business, let alone survive the apocalypse. Now, I'm not saying you run shit like it's a pirate ship as Negan did, but Morgan's way is nonsense.

That's a good point, except that Morgan really isn't a leader at all. the most unrealistic part of the show is that the entire squad survives life or death situations every week on some sort of weird group consensus. Nobody ever makes a power move. Nobody even really argues that much.

That's the most unrealistic part of the show. In real life armies are led by commanders not committees. To paraphrase Rick, survival is not a democracy.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
They sure going to drag on this whisperer war. I wonder if they had to make this a movie, how it would go down. The backstory episode aside, they already like 2 hours plus into the main story and it could be going faster.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know Im already tired of it. Michonne talking about they could of killed us but didnt cause of Lydia. When they could of easily shot Alpha and Beta in a heartbeat. Figure I will wait for the mid season finale, since thats always their build up. But with the slow goodbyes guess they foreshadowed who will die soon.

I liked the cannibal scenario fast and to the point.