The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is a Masterpiece

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator

Popeyes louisiana kitchen -
"Our new BYOB is basically The Sandwich! Just no mayo. Or pickles. And you bring the bun. Ok, so it’s really just three tenders…"

The f***ing #ghetteaux bish.
70042851_10218438485569491_2669224841915138048_n.jpg
70094103_10220564780849867_1284747099031732224_n.jpg
safe_image.php

giphy.gif

70377453_399477660997311_9115252952506826752_n.jpg

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Fam...you didn't eat all that yourself did you? 10 piece thighs? Where you putting them jawns together in your car in the parking lot? Good brother, just make the shit at home!!
C'mon man … use your head or just give me some credit …. I had two thighs for lunch …. rest is in the fridge for quick lunches or dinner …. just throw a couple in a 475 degree oven for like 10-15 minutes and BOOM …. crispy again … and hot ...
:lol:

sidebar: god how I hated replying and bumping this idiots thread again …. he's turned this into 4 pages with like 90% of the posts being his … talk about being starved for attention ….. :smh::hmm:

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
C'mon man … use your head or just give me some credit …. I had two thighs for lunch …. rest is in the fridge for quick lunches or dinner …. just throw a couple in a 475 degree oven for like 10-15 minutes and BOOM …. crispy again … and hot ...
:lol:

sidebar: god how I hated replying and bumping this idiots thread again …. he's turned this into 4 pages with like 90% of the posts being his … talk about being starved for attention ….. :smh::hmm:

I'm fucking with you mate. Just having a laugh, I want trying to get at you.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Popeyes' viral chicken sandwich is reportedly returning to nearly 150 locations in early November — and the chain is hiring hundreds of extra workers to handle the hype
Shoshy Ciment

17 hours ago
5d84fa642e22af70f917243e
Popeyes chicken sandwich

Irene Jiang / Business Insider
  • Popeyes is relaunching its popular chicken sandwich in about 150 franchise-owned Popeyes locations beginning in early November, Bloomberg first reported on Wednesday.
  • The restaurants will reportedly hire an additional 400 employees to manage the expected demand and could designate up to two people per store to make the coveted menu item.
  • Popeyes' wildly popular chicken sandwich sold out just two weeks after it launched in August.
  • "We, along with our suppliers, are working tirelessly to bring the new sandwich back to guests as soon as possible," the company told Business Insider after the item ran out in August.
  • "We have been working diligently to bring the sandwich back to our restaurants soon, as we know our guests are anxiously anticipating its return," Popeyes said in a statement. "As soon as we're ready to announce a date, we will let the world know!"
  • Popeyes added that franchisees across the system had increased staffing to prepare for the relaunch of the chicken sandwich.
  • The menu item soared in popularity in August with help from a Twitter spat between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A, causing employees to go into overdrive to fulfill orders.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
It's back. Sort of.

After selling out just two weeks after it was introduced, Popeyes' highly popular chicken sandwich is coming back to about 150 franchise-owned stores in early November, Bloomberg's Leslie Patton reported Wednesday.
About 150 Popeyes locations operated by Sun Holdings Inc. will offer the sandwich starting in early November, the company's CEO, Guillermo Perales, told Bloomberg. He added that the restaurants were hiring an additional 400 employees to manage the hype and could designate up to two people per store to make the coveted menu item.
Read more: Popeyes and Chick-fil-A are feuding on Twitter in a battle over which chicken sandwich reigns supreme
"We have been working diligently to bring the sandwich back to our restaurants soon, as we know our guests are anxiously anticipating its return," Popeyes said in a statement via email. "As soon as we're ready to announce a date, we will let the world know!"

Popeyes added that franchisees across the system had increased staffing to prepare for the relaunch of the chicken sandwich.
Popeyes launched its chicken sandwich on August 12, igniting a Twitter feud between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A over which chain had the better sandwich. The tweets went viral, fueling a massive demand for the sandwich that outweighed the supply and forced employees to work hours of grueling shifts, sometimes without breaks.
Read more: 'I was working like a slave': Exhausted Popeyes employees describe a harrowing situation amid chicken-sandwich chaos, including working 60-hour weeks and shifts with no breaks
The menu item sold out after just two weeks. Popeyes announced a "Bring Your Own Bun" program for customers to get a substitute for the sandwich shortly after — though some employees across the US were apparently left out of the loop.

An employee in a franchised California Popeyes told Business Insider that his distribution center was preparing for the hype of the chicken sandwich relaunch as far back as September. He mentioned that his location got a shipment of bread for the sandwich on Tuesday and that he heard the sandwich would be back in early November.
Sun Holdings Inc. did not immediately return a request for comment.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Popeyes made a long-awaited announcement on Monday that it's famed chicken sandwich – you know, the one that started the great Chicken Sandwich War of 2019 – is coming back Nov. 3, after selling out the first time in weeks.

And the timing is perfect for mom Nidra Cummings and her 2-year-old son Nathan, who have won Halloween with their epic mommy-and-me Popeyes costumes.

The adorable duo teamed up to be the Popeyes chicken sandwich and Popeyes spokeswoman Annie, and Cummings shared photos to their joint Instagram page.

The costumes are handmade by crafty mom Cummings.

"I wanted something to match my son's personality," Cummings told USA TODAY, adding that her toddler has a big personality and is also a big fan of snacks and eating.

Nathan was in the NICU for a month after he was born and had surgery on his stomach at just 4 days old, the mom shared. She said that it was an "uphill battle" trying to get him to eat and that she was always worried he wasn't going to be able to.

Nidra Cummings wanted a costume that reflected her son's fun personality. Popeyes was it.

Nidra Cummings wanted a costume that reflected her son's fun personality. Popeyes was it. (Photo: Courtesy Nidra Cummings)
Luckily, the "fun and funny" boy is now a "really good eater."

In fact, people are always surprised that her son will eat things like roasted broccoli and salmon, she said. So she knew his costume should be food-related.

She considered pizza, but decided that wasn't special enough, she said. Then the idea just "popped into" her head.

The chicken sandwich came together with help from two actual Popeyes boxes and felt fabric from the craft store for the sandwich elements, which she made "authentic – no sesame seeds and just pickles and sauce."

ADVERTISEMENT

The "fried chicken" look is corn flakes, glued on the sleeves of a shirt from Target.

Halloween costumes: Easy and oh-so-adorable last-minute Halloween costumes for kids and babies

Get the Parenting newsletter in your inbox.
For moms (and dads)! News, trends and more for your family.
Delivery: Tues

Your Email

It's back: Popeyes announces return date of its chicken sandwich and takes a dig at Chick-fil-A

Cummings said the sleeves have held up well, but she may need to add more for Halloween night.

So, the big question is, does little Nathan like Popeyes chicken sandwiches?

Mom said he actually hasn't tried it because when she got one, it was the spicy version. But she said he does love Popeyes' biscuits.

"If we pull up to there (Popeyes), he's like, 'Biscuit mama! Biscuit mama!' He really likes their biscuits."

d3c00ac6-cfc6-4888-b8be-0cf4a54e3516-VPCPARENTING_POPEYES_KID_DESK_THUMB.jpg

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How ironic. A lil black kid dressed up as a chicken sandwich with his momma in a apron by a sign that says “sold out”. I just hope this kids name ain’t george.

however. I’ll be there Sunday.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
had the spicey joint again Monday...it's good

but i added cheese and pickle when i got it home.. now THAT made it better than chik-fila

Capo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, that shit is OK. Better than you would expect from popeyes, but is still garbage ass fast food.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Popeyes is bringing back its spicy chicken sandwich. The company has announced the sandwich will return on Sunday as a permanent item, and it doesn't plan on running out this time. https://cnn.it/36xnTGT

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Popeyes is bringing back its spicy chicken sandwich. The company has announced the sandwich will return on Sunday as a permanent item, and it doesn't plan on running out this time. https://cnn.it/36xnTGT

I think they should do it like McDonald's with the McRib. After a couple of months I dont see it really selling at a high enough clip to warrant buying the buns and pickles in volume. Theres nothing else on the menu that uses the buns and pickles. I assume it was the reason Chik fil a got rid of the peppers and onions on their breakfast burritos. Still mad about that shit.

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had one on Friday. They are good but they got lazy putting it together. Part of the magic was the presentation of the sandwich and the unwrapping. Think of getting Ashanti home undress her and her underwear and bra don’t match looks worn. You still gone hit but some of the luster is gone

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Well are they back

Today, officially

Had a 20-30 minute wait.

I had one on Friday. They are good but they got lazy putting it together. Part of the magic was the presentation of the sandwich and the unwrapping. Think of getting Ashanti home undress her and her underwear and bra don’t match looks worn. You still gone hit but some of the luster is gone

Yeah, I got one today. And it wasn't all wrapped up like it had been before. it was just like a normal chicken sandwich.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Man killed at Maryland Popeyes in fight linked to popular chicken sandwich
The stabbing occurred one day after Popeyes began selling its fried chicken sandwich again.
Image: Popeyes crispy chicken sandwich

Popeyes crispy chicken sandwich.Eric Gay / AP file

Nov. 4, 2019, 10:24 PM EST / Updated Nov. 4, 2019, 11:23 PM EST
By Tim Stelloh
A man was stabbed to death outside a Maryland Popeyes in a fight over the chain's popular fried chicken sandwich, police said.
A spokeswoman for the Prince George’s Police Department said the 28-year-old, who has not been identified, was killed at a restaurant in Oxon Hill, outside Washington D.C.

A fight began after someone cut in line, spokeswoman Jennifer Donelan said.
"For you to get that angry over anything — for that type of anger to develop into this type of violence, again is a very sad and tragic day," Donelan said.
The fight began inside the restaurant and later moved outside, Donelan said. The man was rushed to a hospital where he later died.
Recommended

U.S. NEWSWoman found dead in Ohio home was likely killed by her Great Danes, police say

U.S. NEWSA New Hampshire couple camping in Texas went missing. Their bodies were buried on a beach.
Authorities did not identify a suspect.
Popeyes began selling the sandwich on Sunday after a two-month hiatus. First introduced in August, it sold out in just two weeks — a surge in popularity prompted by a viral feud with Chick-fil-A.
This summer, customers angry about the sandwich shortage threatened restaurant workers at a franchise in Texas. Another filed a lawsuit in Tennessee alleging “deceptive business practices.”
Popeyes did not immediately respond to a request for comment Monday.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
What You Need To Know Before Eating Popeyes Again

Whether Popeyes is one of your favorite fast-food joints or you haven't popped 'round in quite awhile, there are a few things you really ought to know about this popular chain. Without further ado, let's follow the smell of that delicious fried chicken and see what we can see. When Vox talked to some Popeyes employees during The Great Chicken Sandwich Outage of 2019, they found employees weren't just exhausted, they were dealing with some downright abusive customers. One manager spent so much time on her feet, her legs went numb. That's because she'd been working 12-hour days after one of her co-workers abruptly decided to quit under the pressure. While serving insanely long lines of hungry people, employees weren't allowed to take breaks or sit down. And when the sandwiches started to run out, customers went crazy. Nevertheless, when the chicken sandwich finally made its grand return in November 2019, things got even more insane. Watch the video to see what you need to know before eating Popeyes again! #Popeyes #PopeyesChickenSandwich Chicken Sandwich mayhem | 0:24 The chicken ain't healthy | 1:19 Mind those biscuits! | 2:28 Ooooh... Cajun Sparkle! | 3:15 Heading to Popeyes? Avoid these | 4:25

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Popeyes Spicy Chicken vs Chick-Fil-A Spicy Chicken | WHO WILL WIN?

You all asked for this FOOD FIGHT and so here it is, "Popeyes vs Chick-Fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwich. Put in the comments who you think will win and lock it in with a thumbs up on this video. Sharing is always caring, so share this video out with friends and family. If you are new around here, be sure to subscribe and turn the notifications on!! ;-)

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Photos show Popeyes worker making chicken sandwiches over garbage can

popeyes-table-trash-02.jpg

Shocking photos show a Popeyes employee making the franchise’s wildly popular chicken sandwiches over a trash can.

The images, obtained by TMZ, were reportedly taken Friday at a Popeyes outpost in Fairfax, Virginia.

The snaps show an employee preparing the chicken sandwiches with the fixings piled on a tray that lies across the opening of a gray trash can in the back kitchen of the eatery.

The owner of the Popeyes location told TMZ that the restaurant had been inundated that day after it was only open a few days and got slammed with an order for 100 chicken sandwiches.

He said when he saw his employees using the trash bin as a table, he immediately ordered another table.

The owner, whose identity was not published, claimed the garbage can was totally empty, according to the site.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Popeyes introduced the hotly anticipated chicken sandwich in August, causing the fried item to sell out.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Popeyes fatal stabbing suspect identified by police
ricoh-mcclain-release-ht-jc-191112t_hpMain_16x9_608.jpg

By JULIA JACOBO
Updated 2 hours ago
The suspect believed to be responsible for a fatal stabbing over a Popeyes chicken sandwich has been identified.

Investigators believe 30-year-old Ricoh McClain, is responsible for the death of a 28-year-old man at a Popeyes restaurant in Oxon Hill, Maryland, about 12 miles south of Washington, D.C. on Nov. 4, a spokesperson for the Prince Georges County Police Department told reporters at a news conference Tuesday.

McClain, who is considered armed and dangerous, has former addresses in Washington, D.C., and Maryland and is believed to still be in the area, police said. A $25,000 reward is being offered for information leading to his arrest.

Police also announced that they have interviewed a woman seen in the surveillance video of the incident but clarified that she is a witness, not a suspect, and that they do not expect to charge her.

Investigators still believe that the incident began over an argument that ensued after the victim cut the line in front of several customers waiting to order food. McClain then allegedly stabbed the man after agreeing to take the fight outside, police said. There is no indication that the pair knew each other before the fight.

Police do not believe McClain acted in self defense and have charged him with both first-degree and second-degree murder.

After the man's death, a Popeyes spokesperson said in a statement to ABC News that the company was "very sad to hear about the tragedy."

"We do not yet know whether this was the result of a dispute over one of our products or something unrelated, but there is no reason for someone to lose their life on a Monday night in a parking lot," the spokesperson said. "Our thoughts are with the victim's family and friends and we are fully cooperating with local authorities."

ABC News' Sarah Shales and Morgan Winsor contributed to this report.

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Popeye's near me has finally calmed down.

I drove past it this evening around 6:30pm. Drive thru had 5 cars and the store was empty.

I may have to check it out now that the hype is easing back.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Popeyes employee fired after allegedly body-slamming customer
By Natalie Musumeci
November 13, 2019 | 11:41am | Updated

A Popeyes employee who was arrested after he was caught on camera body-slamming a woman in the parking lot of one of the chain’s Tennessee outpost has been fired.
SEE ALSO
1573688650718.gif
Popeyes worker charged with assaulting customer who wanted refund
Employee Deriance Ra’Shaiel Hughes, 29, was terminated following the Tuesday attack outside of a Popeyes in Columbia, the chicken franchise told The Post Wednesday.
“We were shocked to learn about what happened in Tennessee. These actions run completely contrary to our standards and the integrity of our brand,” Popeyes said in a statement.
“Following an investigation, the franchisee took immediate action and we were informed that the employee has since been terminated. The entire circumstance is highly unfortunate for all involved and we hope to never see this type of behavior again.”
Hughes was busted and charged with felony aggravated assault in connection to the incident.
Online videos of the altercation show a woman walking out of the chicken joint with several employees in Popeyes uniforms quickly following her out.

“That’s what you get!” the man shouts.
Rocky McElhaney, an attorney for the victim, told the Nashville Tennessean that the woman underwent two surgeries as a result of the attack and will need months of rehabilitation.
The victim claims that she ate at the same Popeyes on Sunday and paid $13.11 for a meal of corn, biscuits, chicken tenders and apple pies. When she returned home, she realized that she had been billed twice.
The woman then called the manager who told her to come back with documentation in order to get a refund, her attorney said.
“When she got there she was treated with hostility and anger from the manager,” McElhaney told the news outlet. “There were words back and forth.”
McElhaney said his client denied allegations that she used a racial slur, instead claiming: “My client was called ‘an ugly broke-down cracker.’”