MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
69207802_1109162782805840_7706019653784436736_n.jpg
:(

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Popeyes Employee Exposes Ro@ch Infestation, Anybody Want A Spicy Chicken Sandwich?

This video will not stop them for coming for those tasty chicken sandwiches .:eek2:

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
BGOL Investor
I had it, and it’s amazing. Better than Chic Fil A. Its not a game. I’m getting another one tomorrow.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
69258102_10219032168771821_36260093892755456_n.jpg

I need to repent. I was tempted by the false prophet’s chicken, and hope my testimony will help others from going down this path of sin. I saw the ads, the viral videos, the claims of Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen chicken sandwich overthrowing our holiest of grails Chick-fil-A. I am ashamed to admit that, not only did I give into the temptation, but also brought Lauren Hawkins down this dark and fruitless path.

We decided to get a chicken sandwich and fries from both Popeyes and Chick-fil-A to compare. Lauren went to Popeyes as there is a restaurant close to her house, and I went to Chick-fil-A for the same reason. Lauren arrived at Popeyes at 12:53pm and was met by a line wrapped all the way around the building and into the road. We both expected there would be a long wait but the sandwich would be worth it....what a terrible mistake. At 1:22pm she finally made it to the screen to order. She was met by a nameless employee who sounded as if she spends her free time daydreaming of ways to trap the entire city of Nashville inside her Popeyes store and then burn it all to the ground. Said nameless employee then informs Lauren that they are currently out of chicken sandwiches, fries, apple pies and all sauces except Buffalo. She orders chicken fingers with buffalo sauce, Mac and cheese and a large sweet tea. At 1:34pm she arrives at the pickup window where said employee halfway throws the food into her car window, and hands her a medium sweet tea (not the ordered large). 39 total minutes of wait time for not a single thing she actually came for.

At 12:56pm I log onto my Chick-fil-A mobile app and enter my order of a spicy chicken sandwich with Chick-fil-A sauce, fries, Mac and cheese (because those hardworking individuals heard us mention once that adding a comfort food like Mac and cheese to their menu sure would be nice, so they created a secret recipe and had it available in all stores 9 business days later) and a large sweet tea. At 1:03pm, I pull into a designated mobile app parking spot and hit the “prepare order” button on my app. Exactly 2 minutes and 53 seconds later, a lovely, respectful young woman named Anna came straight to my car, smiled and asked me if I was “Miss Sharilyn”. She handed me my food, which I’m sure she and her coworkers formed a circle around and prayed over before cooking, and my large drink. She told me to have a wonderful day and be careful driving home. My food was double-bagged only to make it easier for me to carry. I didn’t even check to see if my order was correct because all Chick-fil-A employees across the country have already earned my trust.

Lauren and I meet up to find that our Chick-fil-A order is 100% correct and Popeyes not only ruined our day, but also forgot the Buffalo sauce - the only sauce they claimed to have in stock. The only item we could really compare was the Mac and cheese, since Popeyes was sold out of their entire menu. I can confirm that the Chick-fil-A white cheddar Mac and cheese made with real butter is far superior to the Popeyes boxed, velveeta, “I made this when I was hammered at 3am” Mac and cheese.

We, as a nation, should never, ever question Chick-fil-A’s authority ever again. I would like to publicly apologize to Jesus, Anna and all Chick-fil-A employees and franchise owners for this day of backsliding. I have learned my lesson and will never step out on you again, Chick-fil-A. For the record, Chick-fil-A is better than Popeyes, even on Sundays.

Proverbs 28:13, “He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.”

69584684_10219499008807317_8868915283633373184_n.jpg

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
The Backlash to the Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Finally Here
The sandwich is too delicious and popular for its own good, and the obsession with it is now being painted as unethical, elitist, and even racist.

By Jelisa Castrodale
Aug 27 2019, 11:07am
ShareTweet
PHOTO: GETTY IMAGES
1566917479816-GettyImages-1163074464.jpeg

This fall marks two decades since the release of Fight Club, director David Fincher’s dark celebration of toxic masculinity that also attacked, with two bruised and bloodied fists, consumerism and the pursuit of the so-called status quo. One of the most visceral scenes in a flick made entirely of visceral scenes was when a bare-chested, bare-knuckled Jack (Edward Norton) pins the platinum-haired and perfectly symmetrical Angel Face (Jared Leto) to the concrete floor and beats the absolute shit out of him. “I felt like destroying something beautiful,” Jack says after the underground fight.

ADVERTISEMENT
The Popeye’s Chicken Sandwich was released just over two weeks ago, but after two weeks of being nothing short of obsessed with it, both online and in real life, we’ve reached the “I felt like destroying something beautiful” stage of appraising this breaded and spiced masterpiece. The inevitable backlash to the sandwich—or, more accurately, to the unyielding frenzy that the sandwich has created—is finally here. I am Jack’s grease-stained social conscience.

Last week, an employee at a Popeyes in Gainesville, Florida had to be hospitalized after falling during her shift. The Miami Herald called her“the first victim” of the “chicken sandwich wars,” after quoting a tweet alleging that she slipped on a floor that was slick with grease from hours of nonstop sandwich orders. A couple of days later, a photo of an overworked, exhausted Popeyes employee sitting outside a restaurant went viral, and eventually got the full meme treatment. Meme-ing a service industry worker whose wages will not increase despite the extra chaos at her workplace is whatever the opposite of dank is, but at least the most self-aware among us were quick to realize that. “I'm uncomfortable with that picture of the deflated, exhausted Popeye's worker being used as a meme,” one person responded, a tweet that was liked 56,000 times.

A Medium post quickly followed, one that wondered whether the sandwich was “ethical,” following the ICE raids on seven chicken plants in central Mississippi, and the arrests and detention of some 680 workers. The author suggests that Popeyes sources its meat from processors like the ones that were targeted during the raids, the same kind of facilities that also rely heavily on an immigrant, largely Latinx workforce.

ADVERTISEMENT
“The connection between immigrant labor and that piece of fried chicken is undeniable. The work of thousands of underpaid, mainly Latinx, men and women went into producing a product that can be sold cheaply and marketed to millions as the hot sandwich of the moment,” Matthew Lardie wrote. “Can you decry the current climate of targeted racism against Latinx migrants in America in one breath and take a giant bite of a sandwich they helped produce in the next?”

San Francisco Chronicle food critic Soleil Ho raised those same concerns, and she said we should spare a thought for the chickens, too. “And consider, for a moment, the life of the factory-farmed chicken that will eventually become a well-seasoned, fried mass at a place like Popeyes. The reality is likely worse than whatever you’ve imagined,” she wrote. (On the one hand, Popeyes has a lengthy-but-vague Animal Welfare Statement on its website; on the other, it also sold its fried combos in boxes labeled ‘Emotional Support Chicken’—boxes shaped like actual chickens—for a brief time at its Philadelphia Airport location.)

And even the most well-meaning efforts surrounding the Popeyes Chicken Situation feel completely precarious right now. Over the weekend, 17-year-old high school student David Ledbetter went to his local Popeyes and started registering people to vote while they stood in line, inching slowly toward the counter. “I once attended a caucus meeting in Charlotte and I noticed the lack of young people present,” he told Because of Them We Can. “I wanted to start an initiative to allow more youth to become politically involved, so I thought registering people to vote and handing out information on voting would be the best way to engage.” (He registered 16 people that day.)

Singer Janelle Monae made the same suggestion. ““Perhaps we put voting booths at every Popeyes location,” she wrote in a now-deleted tweet. “While we wait on that sammich you can register and vote @popeyes holla.” The backlash was swift (even John Legend weighed in) and she was roundly dragged for being elitist, and for shaming POC. Monae quickly posted a four-tweet apology thread.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
How Popeye's used coded racial language to sell millions of chicken sandwiches
Popeye's new chicken sandwich was a hit with black people. Here's how Popeye's pulled it off. You can follow Dr Watkins at the links below: Instagram: @TheRealBoyceWatkins Twitter: @DrBoyceWatkins1 Via Text: Text the word Boyce to 31996 Youtube: Youtube.com/DrBoyceWatkins To learn how to start your own business: TheBlackBusinessSchool.com Personal website: BoyceWatkins.com The Dr Boyce Watkins Wealth-building program for children: BlackMillionairesOfTomorrow.com To take my online course: TheBlackStockMarketProgram.com The Dr Boyce Watkins podcast on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/boyce-watkins To buy Dr Boyce books: DrBoyceBooks.com

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator

POPEYESWe're Out Of SandwichesTHOUGHT WE COULD MAKE IT THROUGH SEPTEMBER!!!
8/27/2019 1:49 PM PT
2df5f86a1b7b4e65a1a99b70b765b97b_md.jpg

EXCLUSIVE DETAILS
Popeyes

Popeyes says they're going to run out of chicken sandwiches in stores across the country this week ... even though they thought they had enough to keep selling them through September.

The chicken joint shared the gut-wrenching news Tuesday afternoon ... telling us they tried to forecast demand through the end of next month, but people's hunger proved too much.

It's pretty crazy ... Popeyes just started selling the sandos earlier this month, igniting an all-out chicken war with Chick-Fil-A, and they promise they're busting their ass to make sure the item is back in stores ASAP.

Popeyes Chicken

✔@PopeyesChicken

https://twitter.com/PopeyesChicken/...popeyes-chicken-sandwich-sold-out-nationwide/

Y’all. We love that you love The Sandwich. Unfortunately we’re sold out (for now).

4:11 PM - Aug 27, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

21.2K people are talking about this

Lines at Popeyes have been crazy ... and some people even put the sandwiches on Ebay ... and in the craze, Popeye's apparently managed to run out of fried chicken, pickles, sauce and bread.

The good news ... Popeyes says the sandwich won't be gone for good, and they've got an app to let you know when it'll be back in stores.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Popeyes Vs Chick-Fila, KFC & Wendy's: Which Chicken Sandwich is Best? | NBC New York

Popeyes is the talk of the fast-food world thanks to its sold-out chicken sandwich -- but is it really better than Chick-Fil-A, Wendy's or KFC? The News 4 newsroom investigates. More on the Popeyes chicken sandwich: Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen said Tuesday that it has sold out of its inventory of its new chicken sandwich. In a video posted to its Twitter, the company said that the sandwich would be back soon and this time, it would be for good. Popeyes stores across the country have been selling out of the sandwich after a Twitter feud between Chick-fil-A and Popeyes inspired consumers to taste the new sandwich for themselves. The fried chicken chain officially launched the sandwich Aug. 12, calling its first nationwide chicken sandwich their biggest launch in nearly 30 years.

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
BGOL Investor

He said the sandwich so good, it made him cry. And the tears tasted like chicken.

:roflmao::roflmao:

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Man sues Popeyes over sold-out chicken sandwich: ‘I can’t get happy’
POSTED 7:49 PM, AUGUST 29, 2019, BY TRIBUNE MEDIA WIRE

EAST RIDGE, Tenn. – A Tennessee man is suing Popeyes over the “countless time wasted” unsuccessfully trying to score the wildly popular crispy chicken sandwich that sold out earlier this week, WTVC reports.

Craig Barr, of East Ridge, identified in Hamilton County court documents, accused the company of “false advertising, deceptive business practices by entity to public.”

He went on to describe his alleged hardships: “countless time wasted driving to and from Popeyes. No chicken sandwich. Was told to come back this day – still no sandwich.”

According to WTVC, Barr added that he was “hustled” after responding to an ad on Craigslist from someone claiming to know an employee who could hide away sandwiches for those willing to pay extra, then exchange them for $24. Barr says he paid the person, but never got his sandwich.

Barr added in the complaint that he damaged his tire and rim while trying to track down the elusive sandwich, and suffered emotional damage after being humiliated by his friends.

“I can’t get happy; I have this sandwich on my mind. I can’t think straight,” Barr told the Times Free Press. “It just consumes you.”

The sandwich drew long lines at Popeyes locations across the country after a social media spat with competitor Chick-fil-A caught the attention of chicken lovers.

Popeyes Chicken

✔@PopeyesChicken

... y’all good? https://twitter.com/ChickfilA/status/1163469422486523904 …

Chick-fil-A, Inc.

✔@ChickfilA

Bun + Chicken + Pickles = all the for the original.

1:58 PM - Aug 19, 2019

92.8K people are talking about this

The paper reports that Barr owns a company in the automobile industry and believes that Popeyes should be held to account for not meeting the hype they helped create.

“It’s totally deceptive. Who runs out of chicken? It’s a big fiasco. Someone has to stand up to big corporate,” Barr said.

Popeyes Chicken

✔@PopeyesChicken

Y’all. We love that you love The Sandwich. Unfortunately we’re sold out (for now).

4:11 PM - Aug 27, 2019

28.9K people are talking about this

Barr is asking for $5,000 in damages.

Popeyes did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
BTW, the Popeye’s chick is Barbadian.
Obviously this was a covert psyops operation to give American negroes heart disease.:roflmao:

Last edited:

conspiracy Bro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Most people think she owns Popeyes or is the founder like that racist own's poppa johns. There are black franchise owners, but she isn't one of them.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Popeyes vs. Chick-fil-A Which Chicken Sandwich is better?

There's much debate on social media about which chicken sandwich is better, the new Popeyes Chicken Sandwich or the Original Chick fil-A Sandwich, I try them out side by side and share my thoughts.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
"We didn't expect to break the internet... and as a result we ran out much sooner than anticipated," says Jose Cil, CEO of the parent company of Popeyes. "I think it's akin to what happened when the iPhone was launched 10-12 years ago." https://cnn.it/32f14o7

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Man sues Popeyes over sold-out chicken sandwich: ‘I can’t get happy’
By Louis Casiano, Fox News

August 30, 2019 | 9:15am | Updated

A Tennessee man who spent “countless time driving” from one Popeyes to another in search of its popular chicken sandwich is suing the fast-food chain after he was left hungry.

“I can’t get happy; I have this sandwich on my mind. I can’t think straight,” Craig Barr told the Chattanooga Times Free Press on Thursday. “It just consumes you.”

Barr’s suit accused Popeyes of deceptive business practices and false advertising, the paper reported. He said he was scammed out of $25 by a man claiming to be a Popeyes employee who said he was selling sandwiches behind a restaurant.

Once he gave the scammer the money, he never saw him again, Barr said. He also claimed he blew out a tire and damaged a rim driving from one Popeyes to another and was humiliated when his friends laughed at his ordeal.

Barr said various locations turned him away after their supply of the in-demand edible sold out. He claimed the chain overhyped the item and purposefully lowered quantity to increase demand.

And speaking of demand, he’s demanding $5,000.

00:01 / 00:15SKIP AD

“It’s totally deceptive. Who runs out of chicken? It’s a big fiasco,” he told the paper. “Someone has to stand up to Big Corporate. Everyone is captivated by these sandwiches.”

Messages to Restaurant Brands International, the owner of the Miami-based chicken chain, were not immediately returned.

Demand for the new sandwich exceeded expectations, with the item selling out within days of its Aug. 12 launch.

When one North Carolina location ran out of chicken, a Chick-fil-A employee across the street handed out the competitor’s sandwiches to Popeyes workers.

The new Popeyes menu item gained widespread popularity after a feud with Wendy’s over social media about which company had the best sandwich.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Once he gave the scammer the money, he never saw him again, Barr said. He also claimed he blew out a tire and damaged a rim driving from one Popeyes to another and was humiliated when his friends laughed at his ordeal

I hope this dude dies in a very easily avoidable accident.

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
She always carries herself with class and grace.

I admire her femininity.

I just want to make love to her. No fucking, just making sweet love with oldies playing.

annie-5.jpg

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Popeyes customer pulls a gun after being told there were no more chicken sandwiches

By Kendall Trammell and Deanna Hackney, CNN

Updated 4:24 PM ET, Tue September 3, 2019

video_pinned_white_bg.jpg

• [paste:font size="5"]
Popeyes Chicken restaurant Monday night and asked for some sandwiches. But the restaurant chain is all sold out -- news the foursome didn't want to hear.
The group -- two men and two women -- grew angry, and that's when one man pulled out a gun, police said.
The employees ran to the back of the restaurant and the group, who police estimated range in age from 17 to 20 years old, ran out of the restaurant. They jumped into an older model SUV with a woman in the driver seat.

But they weren't finished -- the group pulled through the drive-through lane and threw an empty can through its window.
The Houston Police Department said they are looking for any usable surveillance video in hopes of making an arrest. There have been no charges so far.
No more sandwiches
Popeyes announced in early August that it would begin selling chicken sandwiches, sparking a nationwide craze.
They sold out in just two weeks.
The chicken franchise blamed "extraordinary demand" for the sandwiches after initially projecting its inventory would last until the end of September.
They promised they'll be back soon.
CNN's Amanda Jackson contributed to this report.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Popeyes says you can BYOB (that's B for Bun) and make yourself a chicken sandwich

By Kendall Trammell, CNN

Updated 10:23 AM ET, Thu September 12, 2019

190828000126-fried-chicken-exlarge-169.jpg
Popeyes knows you're still sad about its chicken sandwich shortage. That's why it's suggesting a quick fix to ease your chicken sandwich cravings.

Introducing BYOB: Bring Your Own Bun.
That's right. Popeyes is allowing guests to bring in their own buns, order its three-piece tenders and make their own chicken sandwiches right there on the spot.
190911163258-popeyes-bring-your-own-bun-exlarge-169.jpg

Popeyes says customers can make their own chicken sandwiches if they bring in their own buns and order tenders.
"While we work to get the sandwich back in our restaurants, we wanted to offer our guests a fun way to satisfy their Popeyes sandwich cravings," said Bruno Cardinali, Popeyes' head of marketing for North America, in a statement to CNN.

Sponsor content by Vanguard
True or false? ETFs are riskier than mutual funds.
Get the answer from Vanguard expert Talli Sperry.
Popeyes claims to have "the best fried chicken in the game" and hopes this substitute will help customers during this devastating time.
How we got here
Popeyes announced in August that it would begin selling chicken sandwiches. The chicken franchise initially projected its inventory would last until the end of September.

Ha, right. Then came the nationwide craze.
Lines wrapped outside some Popeyes Chicken restaurants. Quavo joked about selling sandwiches for $1,000 each, so people could ditch the long lines. A teen saw this as an opportunity to hand out sample ballots and voter registration forms to people waiting outside his local restaurant.
But alas, Popeyes sold out of its chicken sandwiches in just two weeks. The company blames the "extraordinary demand" for the sandwiches. Or maybe they just didn't make enough buns.
The distress over no juicy, crispy Popeyes chicken sandwiches has upset customers so much that one even pulled a gun at a restaurant in Houston after being told there were no more.
If you don't like Popeyes' suggestion, don't panic. It promises the coveted chicken sandwich will be back in restaurants soon.
For now, just BYOB.

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-12_12-55-46.gif
    upload_2019-9-12_12-55-46.gif
    57 bytes · Views: 0
  • upload_2019-9-12_12-55-47.gif
    upload_2019-9-12_12-55-47.gif

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
BTW, the Popeye’s chick is Barbadian.
Obviously this was a covert psyops operation to give American negroes heart disease.:roflmao:

Most people think she owns Popeyes or is the founder like that racist own's poppa johns. There are black franchise owners, but she isn't one of them.

Man what the hell, so do people also think this woman owns Progressive Insurance?:hithead:
Nutmeg-Progressive-Flo-Stephanie-Courtney-Dave-Rogan-2.png

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Why the fuck is this thread relentlessly bumped? …. Just do like I did for lunch today … buy a ten piece of Popeye's spicy thighs and a loaf of sweet brioche bread ….. then slice and make some Popeye's chicken sandwiches with your own spread ….. boom … game fucking over … :hmm:

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Popeyes says you can BYOB (that's B for Bun) and make yourself a chicken sandwich

By Kendall Trammell, CNN

Updated 10:23 AM ET, Thu September 12, 2019

190828000126-fried-chicken-exlarge-169.jpg
Popeyes knows you're still sad about its chicken sandwich shortage. That's why it's suggesting a quick fix to ease your chicken sandwich cravings.

Introducing BYOB: Bring Your Own Bun.
That's right. Popeyes is allowing guests to bring in their own buns, order its three-piece tenders and make their own chicken sandwiches right there on the spot.
190911163258-popeyes-bring-your-own-bun-exlarge-169.jpg

Popeyes says customers can make their own chicken sandwiches if they bring in their own buns and order tenders.
"While we work to get the sandwich back in our restaurants, we wanted to offer our guests a fun way to satisfy their Popeyes sandwich cravings," said Bruno Cardinali, Popeyes' head of marketing for North America, in a statement to CNN.

Sponsor content by Vanguard
True or false? ETFs are riskier than mutual funds.
Get the answer from Vanguard expert Talli Sperry.
Popeyes claims to have "the best fried chicken in the game" and hopes this substitute will help customers during this devastating time.
How we got here
Popeyes announced in August that it would begin selling chicken sandwiches. The chicken franchise initially projected its inventory would last until the end of September.

Ha, right. Then came the nationwide craze.
Lines wrapped outside some Popeyes Chicken restaurants. Quavo joked about selling sandwiches for $1,000 each, so people could ditch the long lines. A teen saw this as an opportunity to hand out sample ballots and voter registration forms to people waiting outside his local restaurant.
But alas, Popeyes sold out of its chicken sandwiches in just two weeks. The company blames the "extraordinary demand" for the sandwiches. Or maybe they just didn't make enough buns.
The distress over no juicy, crispy Popeyes chicken sandwiches has upset customers so much that one even pulled a gun at a restaurant in Houston after being told there were no more.
If you don't like Popeyes' suggestion, don't panic. It promises the coveted chicken sandwich will be back in restaurants soon.
For now, just BYOB.

I swear to God fam, if I see a dude pull a brioche bun out of his pocket to make a chicken sandwich at a fast food place, I might get violent. You've done the hard part of going to the store, just buy some chicken there and make it at home.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why the fuck is this thread relentlessly bumped? …. Just do like I did for lunch today … buy a ten piece of Popeye's spicy thighs and a loaf of sweet brioche bread ….. then slice and make some Popeye's chicken sandwiches with your own spread ….. boom … game fucking over … :hmm:

Fam...you didn't eat all that yourself did you? 10 piece thighs? Where you putting them jawns together in your car in the parking lot? Good brother, just make the shit at home!!