Syfy: Killjoys Season 3 (Discussion Thread)

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
didnt know Hannah was in SW The Force Awakens

125213-30568-0.jpg

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Finally got a chance to catch the episode

Really really good premiere..... They really set up the Science Fiction and world building in this one episode. I'm all in.... So far SyFy is knocking it out of the park with 80% of their shows.

But I'm going to need to go back to watch the season 1 finale again.

Oh and Hannah John. :rise:

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Holy crap... Girl from Defiance was the tech hack girl. Wow...

screen_shot_2014-09-26_at_13.20.59.png

I didn't even know old girl was British. Wow her American accent is flawless.

Last edited:

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Syfy Announces Third Season Renewals for Killjoys and Dark Matter

dark-matter-killjoys-renewed-197895.jpg

Both Killjoys and Dark Matter, two science-fiction series that have owned Syfy's summer Friday nights this year, have been renewed for third seasons, the network announced Thursday afternoon. Killjoys ends its second season tomorrow, Friday September 2, 2016. Dark Matter has two episodes airing back-to-back next Friday, September 9, and the season finale on September 16.

Killjoys, created by Michelle Lovretta, tells the story of three bounty hunters in a far-flung future. While they'll take the occasional questionable job, they try to avoid politics as The Quad, the system they operate within, is on the verge of war. Hannah John-Kamen stars as leader Dutch, with brothers John and D'avin played by Aaron Ashmore and Luke Macfarlane, respectively. The sci-fi series features big action, complicated political relationships, deep-seeded intrigue, secret mental and genetic experiments, and a healthy serving of sexy times on the side, all of which have combined to make Killjoys a unique fan favorite.

Dark Matter hales from Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie who Syfy fans are very familiar with thanks to their multiple series and seasons of the Stargate franchise. In the series, a crew awakens from a stasis on a malfunctioning ship - and none of them know who they are, why they're there, or what they've done. That last question (and most of the first two) got answered in season one, leading to a season two that has further placed them at the center of a conspiracy affecting the galaxy.

Melissa O’Neil, Anthony Lemke, Alex Mallari Jr. and Jodelle Ferland star with Roger Cross and Zoie Palmer.

Both series are vanguards for Syfy's concerted effort to bring Science Fiction back to the forefront of their programming. With large, diverse casts (both shows feature teams led by a woman of color, for a start), and unafraid to tackle complex issues of politics, sex, choice and consequence, and more, the pair of summer series show that Syfy remembers what put them on the map. The success of these, along with fellow sophomore series 12 Monkeys (also received a third season pick-up this year) and freshman series The Expanse and The Magicians, the network has begun to change the conversation about their programming by simply going back to telling smart, sexy, and intrigue-filled stories.

Syfy did not announce whether both shows would be back for summer runs again in 2017, though that's a fairly safe bet.

http://comicbook.com/2016/09/01/syfy-announces-third-season-renewals-for-killjoys-and-dark-matte/

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Syfy Announces Third Season Renewals for Killjoys and Dark Matter

dark-matter-killjoys-renewed-197895.jpg

Both Killjoys and Dark Matter, two science-fiction series that have owned Syfy's summer Friday nights this year, have been renewed for third seasons, the network announced Thursday afternoon. Killjoys ends its second season tomorrow, Friday September 2, 2016. Dark Matter has two episodes airing back-to-back next Friday, September 9, and the season finale on September 16.

Killjoys, created by Michelle Lovretta, tells the story of three bounty hunters in a far-flung future. While they'll take the occasional questionable job, they try to avoid politics as The Quad, the system they operate within, is on the verge of war. Hannah John-Kamen stars as leader Dutch, with brothers John and D'avin played by Aaron Ashmore and Luke Macfarlane, respectively. The sci-fi series features big action, complicated political relationships, deep-seeded intrigue, secret mental and genetic experiments, and a healthy serving of sexy times on the side, all of which have combined to make Killjoys a unique fan favorite.

Dark Matter hales from Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie who Syfy fans are very familiar with thanks to their multiple series and seasons of the Stargate franchise. In the series, a crew awakens from a stasis on a malfunctioning ship - and none of them know who they are, why they're there, or what they've done. That last question (and most of the first two) got answered in season one, leading to a season two that has further placed them at the center of a conspiracy affecting the galaxy.

Melissa O’Neil, Anthony Lemke, Alex Mallari Jr. and Jodelle Ferland star with Roger Cross and Zoie Palmer.

Both series are vanguards for Syfy's concerted effort to bring Science Fiction back to the forefront of their programming. With large, diverse casts (both shows feature teams led by a woman of color, for a start), and unafraid to tackle complex issues of politics, sex, choice and consequence, and more, the pair of summer series show that Syfy remembers what put them on the map. The success of these, along with fellow sophomore series 12 Monkeys (also received a third season pick-up this year) and freshman series The Expanse and The Magicians, the network has begun to change the conversation about their programming by simply going back to telling smart, sexy, and intrigue-filled stories.

Syfy did not announce whether both shows would be back for summer runs again in 2017, though that's a fairly safe bet.

http://comicbook.com/2016/09/01/syfy-announces-third-season-renewals-for-killjoys-and-dark-matte/

OH SHITTTTT.... FUCKING SYFY... MUTHER FUCKING SYFY...... QUE THE DANCING GIFS

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Now they need to make that crossover happen...

:lol:

Man this is the best news that I've heard in months. I'm fucking dancing over this news, because i was seriously worried about Killjoys. I figured that Dark Matter would get renewed, but I thought that Syfy would pull that shit that did with Defiance and Dominion. But this is a New Syfy. I need to send a fucking thank you card to whomever the new guy is because they were not bullshit about sticking by their new shows and taking back the Scifi genre.

Now I just need to change the name back to SciFi, add back anime, and a new stargate show centered around the world created from Stargate Universe and I'm all in.

Damn where was this Scifi... when Stargate Universe was on. It would still be on right now. That shit was so fucking awesome.

Iron Man

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Killjoys and Dark Matter got some fine looking ladies playing in major roles, but Dark Matter's The Android Zoie Palmer the writers have no imagination for the character. But when 5 gave the order to The Android "kill them all" I was like oh! snap!. 32:20 mark.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Killjoys and Dark Matter got some fine looking ladies playing in major roles, but Dark Matter's The Android Zoie Palmer the writers have no imagination for the character. But when 5 gave the order to The Android "kill them all" I was like oh! snap!. 32:20 mark.

Actually I like what they did with the Android....with her slow drive to be more human, but also knowing that to be more human she risks the new family that she has.

Side note.. that's another mystery still waiting to be solved on that show. She was different since day one.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Killjoys Season 3 Return Date and Other News
With summer approaching, we have the Killjoys season 3 premiere date, and the bounty hunter space drama can't return soon enough!
killjoys-season-3-renewal-syfy-dutch.jpg

NEWSMichael Ahr
Apr 7, 2017
It won't be long now before Killjoys season 3 is entertaining Syfy fans once again. The show has now become a fixture of summer science fiction offerings, and viewers have come to enjoy the adventures of Dutch and the Jaqobis brothers. We'll be keeping this article updated with news about the new season as well as links to reviews and episode information once we have it.

Killjoys Season 3 Return Date
Although it will be starting slightly later than its traditional partner on Syfy, Dark Matter, Killjoys season 3 will be here before you know it! The premiere date is Friday, June 30 at 8/7c.

Killjoys Season 3 News
Killjoys season 3 will have plenty of conflict and adventure to keep viewers interested. The official plot synopsis reads, "After sustaining serious personal losses, our trio of interplanetary bounty hunters must come together and prepare themselves for what lies ahead. Tension and tragedy loom over the J Star System as they struggle to assemble an army and prepare for battle."

News of a Killjoys season 3 renewal came just as the season 2 finale aired, coming at a welcome time for viewers who had seen the show settle into a great rhythm after a stellar first season and who were anxious for more stories of the trio’s lives as reclamation agents. Killjoys has been a consistently entertaining property for Syfy alongside its also renewed partner show, Dark Matter, on Friday nights, which will now also include the second season of Wynonna Earp for a powerful programming lineup.

Killjoys follows the unfolding political strife within the social hierarchy of the Quad, a system of clustered planetoids that have widely varying levels of wealth and privilege. The killjoys are bounty hunters who supposedly operate outside of the corruption, but as a conspiracy within the RAC (Reclamation Apprehension Coalition) reveals itself, the show’s protagonists try to unravel its tangled depths and find their place in the chaos that ensues.

With a strong cast of main and supporting characters, the season 3 renewal of Killjoys was no great surprise. Ratings have been fairly consistent with an average of 646,000 total viewers per episode, which is on the upper end of viewership for the network’s scripted content.