Soul Train Line - Imagine If We Could Get Together Like This Again?

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
Now I go the club and it's nothing but a bunch of dudes mean mugging on the wall and girls dancing in a fucking circle with one another.

Or a bunch of dudes on the floor flailing around and bumping into you

Or a girl acting like she's too cute/sexy to dance with anyone but herself

Or that she can't dance because "her" song isn't on.

Last edited:

MaximusBlaque

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Back then, folks weren't ashamed of having fun out in public. They danced, laughed and lived it up, not giving a fuck about how people saw them. Nowadays, everybody is too cool to have fun. It's like everybody is living in a box and don't dare to step outside of it. I actually feel sorry for fools who spend their money at a club. You spend money to get dressed up, pay money to get and and you buy drinks. After doing all that, the only thing you do is stand your dumb ass up in a corner.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:smh:I was looking at centre and ST came on and I was noticing how some of those brothers was dancing back in the days.Some of them dudes most def had "sugar" in their tanks.

Mr.Chuckles

Chuckle
BGOL Investor
AAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HELL MUTHA FUCKEN YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BABY DYNO-MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE HONKY!!!!:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
Now I go the club and it's nothing but a bunch of dudes mean mugging on the wall and girls dancing in a fucking circle with one another.

Or a bunch of dudes on the floor flailing around and bumping into you

Or a girl acting like she's too cute/sexy to dance with anyone but herself

Or that she can't dance because "her" song isn't on.

Mr MajestiK

Rising Star
Registered
:smh:I was looking at centre and ST came on and I was noticing how some of those brothers was dancing back in the days.Some of them dudes most def had "sugar" in their tanks.

I was wondering how long it was gonna take before someone came in here with the ol predictable "sugar in the tank" comment.

Why does everything have to be gay for some of you cats? :confused:

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
Those days are long gone. Shit, we don't even have music like this.

I wish I had downloaded the that clip with Don Cornelius dancing.It was removed awhile back.

Mr.Chuckles

Chuckle
BGOL Investor
My word black people was so pure back then nothing like we have today, damn. (((sniffle))) i wasn't born back then, what'a shame!!!!

MaximusBlaque

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I was wondering how long it was gonna take before someone came in here with the ol predictable "sugar in the tank" comment.

Why does everything have to be gay for some of you cats? :confused:

Exactly. Man, those cats back then didn't give half a fuck about how folks felt about their dances. They did what the fuck they felt. It's these new cats that are scared to do what they feel outta fear of being ridiculed. :smh:

auggiedoggy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I guess since they didn't have guns and damn near fucking a bitch on the dance floor they was fruity.:rolleyes:
1260308674.gif

Jumbodicc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great clip, our people definitely take themselves too seriously. How can we get back to this?

bgque12

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Exactly. Man, those cats back then didn't give half a fuck about how folks felt about their dances. They did what the fuck they felt. It's these new cats that are scared to do what they feel outta fear of being ridiculed. :smh:

Cats today are afraid of being different and they look to rappers to set their trends. I swear if Jay-z made a video wearing a bustier these cats would be at Victoria's Secrets tomorrow talkin' 'bout " yeah I want that jawn Jay-z had on! Dat muthah fuckah was tight! I'ma pimp dis shit here!"

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
Cats today are afraid of being different and they look to rappers to set their trends. I swear if Jay-z made a video wearing a bustier these cats would be at Victoria's Secrets tomorrow talkin' 'bout " yeah I want that jawn Jay-z had on! Dat muthah fuckah was tight! I'ma pimp dis shit here!"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dancing isn't gay and Im not one to go out of my way to point out every little thing and lable it "gay" but rather I just pointed out something I noticed which was the way some(not all) of the males were dancing.I know the difference between cutting-a-rug,getting-down,shimming,doing the mash-potato,the jerk and straight up "vogueing".

:dunno:...No one names Billy,last name Most.

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
I guess since they didn't have guns and damn near fucking a bitch on the dance floor they was fruity.:rolleyes:

Basically. Like when I was coming up we had slow wining and dirty dancing - which was really nothing more than heavy grinding.

But today - this shit is basically nothing more than fucking a bitch through your clothes and damn near putting her in a dancefloor orgy.

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
Dancing isn't gay and Im not one to go out of my way to point out every little thing and lable it "gay" but rather I just pointed out something I noticed which was the way some(not all) of the males were dancing.I know the difference between cutting-a-rug,getting-down,shimming,doing the mash-potato,the jerk and straight up "vogueing".

Voguing shit - I'll give the gays credit for that.
But when done right, that shit was kind tough.
There was this guy in the early-90's in NYC named Willie Ninja who'd fucking shred anybody on the dancefloor. He put many a Bboy to shame. Him and Crazy Legs actually battle one time and although Crazy got him, Crazy gave him respect because he gave him serious competition.

Anyone who grew up in NYC around the 90's and hung out at places like the Limelight - Palladium - Carbon, you'll probably know who I'm talking about.

Dark19

Zod's Son
BGOL Investor

6c904fed5d5e1ceef35061de4cb7cea0.jpg
<---Visual :roflmao3:

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
^^^^YO, where is the robot dancing dude from Chappelle Show. This must be his father!

Mr MajestiK

Rising Star
Registered

I hear you bro.

No harm, no foul. :cool:

outdablu

Star
Registered
There will never be another genertation like that ever again. It would be to intergraded... Not a bad thing, but just not the same

dolemite73

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Ras Kass said it best in "Core Audience":

"Cuz if next week the new fad was hiphop fags
you'd find a lot of hardcore niggaz in DRAG"