Soul Train Line - Imagine If We Could Get Together Like This Again?

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Does anyone know the name of or whatever happened to that dude who just walked back and forth on the stage?He looked like Aaron Hall and most times wore suit jackets with no shirt underneath and lots of leather...cant forget the hats.

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
Does anyone know the name of or whatever happened to that dude who just walked back and forth on the stage?He looked like Aaron Hall and most times wore suit jackets with no shirt underneath and lots of leather...cant forget the hats.

:lol:

I know who you're talking about. He'd be walking around with a a cane too. :lol::lol:

That due was huge in the late 80's early 90's. He was even in some music videos.

edit-

he's all up in this old Body and Soul rap vid

GAMBINO

Rising Star
OG Investor
Back then, folks weren't ashamed of having fun out in public. They danced, laughed and lived it up, not giving a fuck about how people saw them. Nowadays, everybody is too cool to have fun. It's like everybody is living in a box and don't dare to step outside of it. I actually feel sorry for fools who spend their money at a club. You spend money to get dressed up, pay money to get and and you buy drinks. After doing all that, the only thing you do is stand your dumb ass up in a corner.

PREACH!

BCAA2009

Support BGOL
Registered
That's because today going to clubs consists of attention whores, thirsty simps, homo thug faggotry, and bitches dancing on each other thinking the shit is cute.

Let's not forget the liquor whores who go to the club broke.

Sadly, those Soul Train days will NEVER return, unless you go to the places where is a 30+ year old crowd. Now THEY are all about having fun and looking good.

KingAddies

Rising Star
Registered
Dancing isn't gay and Im not one to go out of my way to point out every little thing and lable it "gay" but rather I just pointed out something I noticed which was the way some(not all) of the males were dancing.I know the difference between cutting-a-rug,getting-down,shimming,doing the mash-potato,the jerk and straight up "vogueing".

:dunno:...No one names Billy,last name Most.

No need to backtrack - that last dude in line with the open pink shirt proved your point. It's a well known fact that every dance show got invaded by the professional actors looking for a break and professional dancers - unfortunately that group consists of a lot moist dudes with rhythm. Shemar Moore was on Soul Train... and we'll leave that right there.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
I remember watching Soul Train in the 70's and 80's when I was a kid and people were still dancing....a few years into the hip-hop era and if you were dancing you were gay....:smh:

I miss those days...like the OP said people used to be free, now everyone wants to be hard.

sturmars

Star
Registered
Now I go the club and it's nothing but a bunch of dudes mean mugging on the wall and girls dancing in a fucking circle with one another.

Or a bunch of dudes on the floor flailing around and bumping into you

Or a girl acting like she's too cute/sexy to dance with anyone but herself

Or that she can't dance because "her" song isn't on.

this shit is a .GIF GOLDMINE...IM ON IT! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gadgetman

Support BGOL
Registered
Great thread here never seen Don dance and looked like he may have beat that thang up on Mary later :D

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
That's because today going to clubs consists of attention whores, thirsty simps, homo thug faggotry, and bitches dancing on each other thinking the shit is cute.

Let's not forget the liquor whores who go to the club broke.

Sadly, those Soul Train days will NEVER return, unless you go to the places where is a 30+ year old crowd. Now THEY are all about having fun and looking good.

That shit trips me out...:smh::smh::smh:

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
Great thread here never seen Don dance and looked like he may have beat that thang up on Mary later :D

82cccd46-ee5f-4f47-a76e-20b5cf7d1808.jpg

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiit

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Here's some of the dancer's,I see that asian chick and that light skin dude who looked like dude from that break dance movie..turbo...:lol:

Heist

Rising Star
Registered

Oh - don't you know Don was smashing MUCHO singing star and dancing pussy!

The reason why; he was the only outlet for black talent on television that wasn't signed to Motown or Columbia. Those two companies had the TV and Radio distribution channels on lock for black music.

If you were a pretty dancer who wanted to be on T/V, Soul Train was really the only place you could go.

So if you wanted to get some shine - you had to go through Don. And let's say you had to pay the gatekeeper.

Yeah people act just too damn cool nowadays smh Toronto is a tough crowd and sometimes people go to the club just to pose

That is why I only go to old school jams cuz EVERYBODY dances there ... the last one I went to for my b-day was off tha hook

And the only reason I don't dance with men at clubs is cuz some of ya'll act like you trying make a baby during the dance SMMFH

Remember when they would play slow songs during the party and couples actually danced together decently?? Now the slow songs are everybody's cue to find a fuck friend and leave lmao smh

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
And the only reason I don't dance with men at clubs is cuz some of ya'll act like you trying make a baby during the dance SMMFH

Remember when they would play slow songs during the party and couples actually danced together decently?? Now the slow songs are everybody's cue to find a fuck friend and leave lmao smh

This is basically what is considered "dancing" nowadays.

34iqvz8.jpg

dom6qg.jpg

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:smh:I was looking at centre and ST came on and I was noticing how some of those brothers was dancing back in the days.Some of them dudes most def had "sugar" in their tanks.

Man...

These L'il Psuedo-Macho Wannabee Thug Negroes today.
:smh::rolleyes::rolleyes:

donhustle

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol:

I know who you're talking about. He'd be walking around with a a cane too. :lol::lol:

That due was huge in the late 80's early 90's. He was even in some music videos.

edit-

he's all up in this old Body and Soul rap vid

You talking bout Lou Ski

Ralo Lawson

Rising Star
OG Investor
Great clip, our people definitely take themselves too seriously. How can we get back to this?

We just do it! Simple as that. Everytime I go on YouTube I see comments about how todays music sucks compared to music back in the day. Now you cats are saying today's dancing sucks compared to back in the day. We Black people are the creators and inventors of that music, those dances and that soul. All it takes is for the masses of us to demand good music and to set the pace when it comes to dancing and style. I lead by example. So can you all. Let's bring back that soul in all it's many forms. Don't settle for the bullshit.:D

BCAA2009

Support BGOL
Registered

So what DO you do when you're at clubs? Do you turn down every guy that approaches you or asks for a dance?

There was a time when any guy could ask any woman for a dance and she will gladly go (provided she's there alone). Nowadays, you have groups of "bet not say shit to me" women sitting around with scowls on their faces talking about "wut dat bitch got on" and such. Women aren't friendly at clubs anymore.