Singer-actress Irene Cara has died at age 63 in her Florida home, her publicist confirmed to Eyewitness News.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We have lost yet another bright, shining star who made all our lives richer and more colorful than they were before.
Irene Cara was a quintessential example of beauty, talent and excellence from the '80's.
Thank you Irene, for the music, the movies and the memories...
RIP.
:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Rest In Peace
️
1f451.png
️
Irene Cara
1f90e.png

Art By Nettrice Gaskins
1f90e.png

317261898_10162443670278858_224869288404714937_n.jpg

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
"FAME" was my High School of Music and Art ('81 Art Student Graduate).
Both M&A and Performing Arts had free passes for a Sneak Screening.
We were all CRAZY whenever we saw fellow students pop up on the screen.
The joke in those days among us Art Students was that WE need a film called "FRAME".

Bronx Girl Cara had the two of the Biggest Pop Anthems of The 80s.

R.I.P.

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
RIP to such a beautiful young lady.

I remember analyzing the song fame in college. Our professor said he totally hated the song and it promoted suicide. The whole class was stunned then we asked where did it promote suicide. He said, she said “Fame I wanna live for ever, I wanna learn how to DIE”. We was like “I wanna learn how to FLY”. Professor had to sit down the rest of the class because his whole lesson for the day was based on “learn how to die”.
:lol:How did dude bounce back from that?

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Black History Mini Docs
316293592_6440703739289461_4790435755955504269_n.jpg
·

"What a Feeling" she gave us all. RIP #IreneCara who won an Academy Award for Best Original Song (the first women of color to win one for music) and a Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance in 1984 for her work. Cara is also known for playing the role of Coco Hernandez in the 1980 hit film “Fame”, and for recording the film's title song. Prior to her success with Fame, Cara portrayed the title character Sparkle Williams in the original 1976 musical drama film Sparkle. Her extraordinary work will be etched in history forever and can never be duplicated.
Artist: #ReedRMcCants

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
317566437_5346215818838872_4313488086826628484_n.jpg

Irene Cara Escalera (March 18, 1959 – November 25, 2022) was an American singer and actress. From being able to play the piano by ear at age five to earning an Oscar, multiple Grammys, a Golden Globe, and a People's Choice Award, Irene's rise to stardom was paved with experiences of a lifetime. Cara rose to prominence in 1980 for her role as Coco Hernandez...
28 November 2022
Fame (Irene Cara song)
theme song to the Fame film and TV series. The hit song was performed by Irene Cara, who played the role of Coco Hernandez in the original film. It was also...
, 26 November 2022
Flashdance... What a Feeling Irene Cara songs)
lyrics by Keith Forsey which Cara co -wrote the song. Flashdance), for which she won an Academy Award for Best Original Song and a Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance in 1984. Prior to her success and the song's performer, Irene Cara. Moroder had been asked to score the film, and Cara and Forsey wrote most of the lyrics.
, 24 November 2022
Flashdance
written for the film by Moroder, with lyrics by Keith Forsey and the singer Irene Cara. Flashdance is also often remembered for its film poster featuring Beals. Cara hit song "Fame," written by Michael Gore (music) and Dean Pitchford (lyrics) and released in 1980, that achieved chart success as the theme song to the Fame film and TV series. The song was performed by Irene Cara, who played the role of Coco Hernandez in the original film. It was also her debut single as a recording artist. The song won the Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1980) and the Golden Globe Award the same year. In 2004, it finished at number 51 on AFI's 100 Years...100 Songs survey of top tunes in American cinema.
, 20 October 2022
Sparkle (1976 film)
of the world", as well as the linkages to black power. The film stars Irene Cara, Philip Michael Thomas, Lonette McKee, Dwan Smith, Mary Alice, Dorian. 27 November 2022
Happily Ever After (1989 film)
Dom DeLuise, Phyllis Diller, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Ed Asner, Sally Kellerman, Irene Cara, Carol Channing, and Tracey Ullman
See less
— with Terri Ray.

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
I'm sure it was posted before but this was one of my mom's most favorite songs/artists ever... RIP, you're gonna live forever Irene :yes:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Went thru the thread.

I noticed nobody had pointed out the classic scene from “Fame” when she was pressured into nude modeling.

I know I wasn’t the only Perv who first saw that scene hoping there was gonna be some nudity.

HaHa!!!:cool: