Singer-actress Irene Cara has died at age 63 in her Florida home, her publicist confirmed to Eyewitness News.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
irene-cara-fred-berry.jpg

ernest-thomas-irene-cara.jpg

fred-berry-irene-cara-haywood-nelson-ernest-thomas-debbi-morgan.jpg

earl-boen-shirley-hemphill-ernest-thomas-haywood-nelson-fred-berry-irene-cara-bryan-odell.jpg

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member
RIP to her-i remember that rerun gets married episode but never realized she was the female.

i know she got screwed in the music biz but i'm surprised she didn't have a bigger movie or TV career-she certainly had the looks and skills to have become a major actress.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
I'm gonna watch Aaron Loves Angela, Sparkle and Fame as a small tribute.

She also was great in Roots The Next Generation..

So pretty, so talented, had she come along a generation or so later, she would have been HUGE, considering she had a huge splash in her own time.

Rest in Peace.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Irene Cara, best known for her work acting in '80s movie Fame, in which she also performed the theme song, and for taking home the Oscar for the theme song in 1983's Flashdance, died of high cholesterol and hypertension, both her publicist, Judith A. Moose, and the medical examiner in Florida's Pinellas County confirm to Yahoo Entertainment.

The medical examiner's office notes that Cara suffered from arteriosclerotic (meaning cholesterol/plaque buildup in the arteries) and hypertensive cardiovascular disease (caused by high blood pressure), and that diabetes was a contributory condition. The manner of death was listed as natural.