Ronda Rousey Says She'd Beat Floyd Mayweather Jr In An MMA Fight Using 'Monkey' Style

Rousey vs Maywether In An MMA Fight: Who Wins?

• Total voters

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: Ronda Rousey Says She'd Beat Floyd Mayweather Jr In An MMA Fight Using 'Monkey' S

:hmm:

This guy was some flabby kickboxer wearing boxing gloves, Briggs had the advantage.
Show me Briggs or anybody beating a legit mma figher, wearing mma gloves, punching his way out of clinches and the argument is stronger (even somewhat more convincing).
Just like James Toney was a flabby past his prime (old) retired boxer wearing MMA gloves (and no shoes). Couture had the advantage. Which is why your Couture/Toney argument is no more convincing than the clip you just dismissed. An elusive boxer doesn't have to punch out of a clinch that their footwork and striking didn't allow to happen in the first place. And, again, there's something to be said of one-punch KO power, especially when superior hand speed in involved. Look what happened with Ray Mercer having diminished hand speed...

AllState17

Star
Registered
Re: Ronda Rousey Says She'd Beat Floyd Mayweather Jr In An MMA Fight Using 'Monkey' S

There are UFC fights all the time where guys go a while and not take a serious head or body shot.

Floyd Mayweather has zero training in any other martial art but boxing. He wouldn't know how to "not let it get to that point".

You're basing your conclusion on bad information. Chyna had no wrestling training. Knowing how to perform wrestling holds for pro wrestling (I watch as much pro wrestling as boxing and UFC) is a completely different animal from actual wrestling.
And she still had gloves on, didn't she? Even if she had real wrestling training, boxing gloves would have killed that advantage.

Upgrade Im laughing my ass off overe here.

UFC guys go a long time without taking a serious shot? YEAH thats because UFC fighters dont have one tenth of the punching skill of a Floyd Mayweather.

Rhonda has never had to dodge a punch from a boxer like Floyd.

Give them both a 8-10 week training camp. Floyd would have an easier time learning takedown defense skills then Rhonda (or any male MMA fighter) would have in learning to dodge a boxer's punch.

Never mind Rhonda for a minute.

Take the top male MMA fighter and put him in a cage with the top boxer at the same weight. Make them fight but to make things equal, keep the fight standing up. MMA fighter would have no chance.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Yes, there are "ways" take someone down without getting uppercut, but there are also ways to ward off a take down with strikes. Just as you thinks it's "not true" that Rousey would get caught with strikes while trying to land a TD, who is to say Mayweather's superior striking wouldn't fend off her TD attempts? Rousey has gotten caught and wobbled by female MMA strikes, despite her TD prowess.

She didn't fear the power of those women. She would absolutely respect the punching power of Floyd Mayweather.
She's not going to fight Floyd like he's Miesha Tate.
There are ways to ward off takedowns but Floyd has no training in them while she's an Olympic level competitor.

She would have to cut to fight them at 135-145. Her cut at 154lbs wouldn't be as much, but then neither would Mayweather have to cut ti make 154lbs. Which would throw the weight cut 'advantage' out the window and leave her at the disadvantage of fighting a male opponent with more sold body mass at that weight. And one punch KO power is also relevant on the ground, not just standing. She can get her chin checked from the bottom.

She could if she fought like that but she doesn't. Rousey grinds chicks out on the mat, looking to slap on that armbar. Floyd's strength advantage wouldn't be much help because he wouldn't know where she would be leading him to get to the armbar.

How can Floyd Mayweather be past his prime when he's still just as undefeated now as he was in his prime and beating world class opponents? There's no formula for calculating an athlete's "prime." You have to judge them by their performance. And Mayweather is still currently voted the P4P best boxer in the world. And Rousey's coming off wins dominating wins against relatively subpar female opponents. You can possibly compare that to Mayweather coming off beating Canelo. Had she dominated Cat Zingano or Cris Cyborg, I would make that relative comparison, but Dana's spoon feeding her mash potatoes for competition.

Dana's not spoon feeding her anyone. Zingano was scheduled and got hurt and Cyborg doesn't fight for UFC.
C'mon man. Floyd's the man but he's not at his peak anymore. There is a "prime" range and I think it's more accurate to say he's on the tail end of it instead of completely past it.
The fact that he's still beating the best competition out there just means he's that much better than everyone else.

We didn't settle on your answer to the question I asked. So, yes, I asked again. It was pretty much a Yes, No or It Depends question. And though you went into details, I didn't catch a Yes, No or It Depends from you answer. Saying "she would have more trouble with them" doesn't tell me if you think she'd have more trouble and win or have more trouble and lose.

It would depend. Size does matter in fighting and no matter how skilled a fighter, size is too much of an advantage to overcome (Floyd can't beat Vitali Klitchko or even Andre Ward). But if she were able to grapple Cotto or Alvarez to the mat, she would most likely make them tap.
She would have a harder time with those two than Floyd because they would have more size and strength to fight off a takedown, though that's still not a guarantee.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

notice you said you see fights where one "guy" has a definite over the other in striking. My whole point in this thread is that Ronda, for all her greatness as a fighter, isn't a guy. Simple as that... and because of that, she has at least one disadvantage going against floyd. He has a disadvantage too as we've already been over. So we can argue all day about what we think is the most likely outcome based upon tangible things. You seem to think that it's one thing, and I'm not so sure. Fair enough. ...and it may never happen with Ronda/Floyd, but I'm sure eventually it will happen, at least in some gym somewhere on a dare with some pro woman fighter against a pro man fighter... and I'd be interested in seeing that too.

Of course we'll never know for sure because it'll never happen but we should base our speculation on the most likely outcome based on tangible things.
Floyd's bigger and stronger, given. Floyd's the best boxer in the world, given.
But the question has them in a mma fight, something he has zero experience in and he's fighting a world champion with an Olympic medal on her resume.
I see UFC fights all the time where one guy has a definite advantage over the other in striking. The other guy never takes one punch and shoots in and attempts a takedown. If Floyd were a lot bigger or had some good training to block a Rousey takedown attempt, he would have a legit chance but he doesn't. There is nothing he could do to stop the takedown and everyone knows what happens next.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Just like James Toney was a flabby past his prime (old) retired boxer wearing MMA gloves (and no shoes). Couture had the advantage. Which is why your Couture/Toney argument is no more convincing than the clip you just dismissed. An elusive boxer doesn't have to punch out of a clinch that their footwork and striking didn't allow to happen in the first place. And, again, there's something to be said of one-punch KO power, especially when superior hand speed in involved. Look what happened with Ray Mercer having diminished hand speed...

My example is a real life take on the question at hand. The question is "Who win in a MMA fight?" not some hybrid/kickboxer/boxer fight.
Floyd would be fighting without boots and in MMA gloves.

Upgrade Im laughing my ass off overe here.

UFC guys go a long time without taking a serious shot? YEAH thats because UFC fighters dont have one tenth of the punching skill of a Floyd Mayweather.

Rhonda has never had to dodge a punch from a boxer like Floyd.

Give them both a 8-10 week training camp. Floyd would have an easier time learning takedown defense skills then Rhonda (or any male MMA fighter) would have in learning to dodge a boxer's punch.

Never mind Rhonda for a minute.

Take the top male MMA fighter and put him in a cage with the top boxer at the same weight. Make them fight but to make things equal, keep the fight standing up. MMA fighter would have no chance.

Of course he wouldn't because it just became a boxing match in a cage and we all agree that a MMA fighter will be outboxed by a boxer of similar, hell--lesser, skill.

It takes way more than 8-10 weeks to learn proper high level takedown defense.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

notice you said you see fights where one "guy" has a definite over the other in striking. My whole point in this thread is that Ronda, for all her greatness as a fighter, isn't a guy. Simple as that... and because of that, she has at least one disadvantage going against floyd. He has a disadvantage too as we've already been over. So we can argue all day about what we think is the most likely outcome based upon tangible things. You seem to think that it's one thing, and I'm not so sure. Fair enough. ...and it may never happen with Ronda/Floyd, but I'm sure eventually it will happen, at least in some gym somewhere on a dare with some pro woman fighter against a pro man fighter... and I'd be interested in seeing that too.

But the disadvantage isn't just "being a woman". What does that mean? She's not a strong or fast but she would know that going in. No way she would think she stood a chance standing up with Floyd so she would have no choice but to shoot and duck behind him most likely for the takedown.
She won't be leg kicking him like a man would because that would leave her open to head shots. It's bell rings, pace around for a hot second, shoot, takedown, armbar.

If she does anything else, she should quit fighting and her entire team should quit the fight business.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'm not saying this to be chauvinistic or anything, so please don't take it that way. Her being a woman going against a guy is a disadvantage because of the definite differences in our strength and physical makeup. If there were lots of examples of women beating dudes, we'd have a bunch posted here, but there isn't. Oh, it can happen, but it's not the likelyhood. That stuff can be overcome, and if anyone can do it, someone like her with the training and skill would be the one to do it. ...but there are a lot of "ifs" in there. If she can avoid getting hit... if she can successfully shoot and get a takedown. Sure, it could happen, but by the same token, she can catch some shots while trying to do that because like him or hate him (I don't like the brotha) he's pretty skilled at hitting moving targets. Now, he has never (I'm assuming) trained for someone like her... and although MMA trains you for a wider spectrum of opponents, she has never trained for someone like Floyd. ...so her shooting and avoiding and getting the takedown.... yeah it could happen, and as I've already said, IF she can manage that, advantage her.... but IF Floyd can stop her from doing that, advantage him.

I just don't think that her successfully shooting/grabbing without getting hit (or not getting put out by the hit/s) is necessarily more likely than him successfully landing some shots while she's trying to get in.

But the disadvantage isn't just "being a woman". What does that mean? She's not a strong or fast but she would know that going in. No way she would think she stood a chance standing up with Floyd so she would have no choice but to shoot and duck behind him most likely for the takedown.
She won't be leg kicking him like a man would because that would leave her open to head shots. It's bell rings, pace around for a hot second, shoot, takedown, armbar.

If she does anything else, she should quit fighting and her entire team should quit the fight business.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

She didn't fear the power of those women. She would absolutely respect the punching power of Floyd Mayweather.
She's not going to fight Floyd like he's Miesha Tate.
There are ways to ward off takedowns but Floyd has no training in them while she's an Olympic level competitor.
So, you're using the hypothetical style you think she'll use against Floyd's known fight plan? How do you know Floyd won't have some hypothetical fight plan, also, like the one you're supposing she'd use (other than the 'monkey crawl' SHE said she'd use)?
She could if she fought like that but she doesn't. Rousey grinds chicks out on the mat, looking to slap on that armbar. Floyd's strength advantage wouldn't be much help because he wouldn't know where she would be leading him to get to the armbar.
You just said she wouldn't fight Floyd like she fought the women whose punches she didn't respect. How can she grind Floyd out like she did those women without leaving herself open to counter-punches on the ground? Again, you're supposing what he will and won't know, but not factoring what she will and won't know to avoid punches from statistically one of the most accurate strikers in combat sports ever. Just she could lead him to an arm bar, he could lead her to an TD attempt ending with a check hook.
Dana's not spoon feeding her anyone. Zingano was scheduled and got hurt and Cyborg doesn't fight for UFC.
C'mon man. Floyd's the man but he's not at his peak anymore. There is a "prime" range and I think it's more accurate to say he's on the tail end of it instead of completely past it.
The fact that he's still beating the best competition out there just means he's that much better than everyone else.
Her fight with Zingano didn't happen. You can't count a non-existent fight as a credit to her competition so far. Also, the reason Cyborg doesn't fight for UFC his because of Dana White. Which is my point about him spoonfeeding Rousey. He could have had both fighters had he kept the 145 division (where Rousey has fought), but he chose 135 and froze out Cyborg. Rousey has yet to face competition anywhere near the caliber of Cyborg.
It would depend. Size does matter in fighting and no matter how skilled a fighter, size is too much of an advantage to overcome (Floyd can't beat Vitali Klitchko or even Andre Ward). But if she were able to grapple Cotto or Alvarez to the mat, she would most likely make them tap.
She would have a harder time with those two than Floyd because they would have more size and strength to fight off a takedown, though that's still not a guarantee.
Ok. Yeah... you sound kinda like Judo Gene explaining how Rousey would have Bruce Lee for lunch.
icon11.gif

AllState17

Star
Registered

My example is a real life take on the question at hand. The question is "Who win in a MMA fight?" not some hybrid/kickboxer/boxer fight.

Of course he wouldn't because it just became a boxing match in a cage and we all agree that a MMA fighter will be outboxed by a boxer of similar, hell--lesser, skill.

Sure it does... and how long would it take Rhonda to learn to defend against one of Floyd's punches?

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

No, your examples are hypothetical based on real-life things you've seen her do with inferior competition to a man who's P4P boxing champion in the world. Just because MMA is "mixed" martial arts doesn't mean a fighter cannot win as a one-trick pony. Like say... Rousey's streak of winning her first 9 fights with the same exact move proves that. You don't have to be well-rounded to win an MMA fight if you're elite in at least one primary area and have the skills to lull your opponent into your game plan.
There are plenty of times when an MMA fighter is not allowed to steer the fight where they want it and lose in the other fighter's strength. Just because you're strong suit is Judo, BJJ or wrestling, doesn't mean it's a sure bet you'll control where the fight goes. Mayweather is a very elusive target whose great at counter-punching on the move, even while back-peddling. Add the fact that he's faster than Rousey and she'd have to open herself up to close the distance for a takedown. Which would leave her open for all manner of combinations.
Just like it takes more than 8-10 weeks to learn how to avoid elite level striking to get the takedown.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

So, you're using the hypothetical style you think she'll use against Floyd's known fight plan? How do you know Floyd won't have some hypothetical fight plan, also, like the one you're supposing she'd use (other than the 'monkey crawl' SHE said she'd use)?

Not at all. I'm basing it on how she fights in the ring and having seen countless other fights where one fighter is notably better at striking (using hands and feet, something she wouldn't have to worry about with Floyd).

You just said she wouldn't fight Floyd like she fought the women whose punches she didn't respect. How can she grind Floyd out like she did those women without leaving herself open to counter-punches on the ground? Again, you're supposing what he will and won't know, but not factoring what she will and won't know to avoid punches from statistically one of the most accurate strikers in combat sports ever. Just she could lead him to an arm bar, he could lead her to an TD attempt ending with a check hook.

You know when fighters are most vulnerable to punches? Going for chokes and often, heel hooks. But those are usually hammerfist strikes because you cant get any power behind a normal punch.
Rousey would be looking for an armbar, that's all.
You cant check hook someone shooting for your legs.

Her fight with Zingano didn't happen. You can't count a non-existent fight as a credit to her competition so far. Also, the reason Cyborg doesn't fight for UFC his because of Dana White. Which is my point about him spoonfeeding Rousey. He could have had both fighters had he kept the 145 division (where Rousey has fought), but he chose 135 and froze out Cyborg. Rousey has yet to face competition anywhere near the caliber of Cyborg.

I did no such thing. You said White was spoonfeeding her soft competition but Zingano was on the list. So he was feeding her Cat too.

Ok. Yeah... you sound kinda like Judo Gene explaining how Rousey would have Bruce Lee for lunch.
icon11.gif

[]

Gene is her friend. He has no objectivity. I'm not even much of a fan. But I can't with a clear mind see how Floyd would win a MMA fight under MMA rules.

Sure it does... and how long would it take Rhonda to learn to defend against one of Floyd's punches?

Floyd is a defensive counterpuncher first and foremost so he waits for the attack. She's not going to exchange with him. She's going to keep her distance and shoot in from an angle.
Takedown, armbar.

AllState17

Star
Registered

Floyd is a defensive counterpuncher first and foremost so he waits for the attack. She's not going to exchange with him. She's going to keep her distance and shoot in from an angle.
Takedown, armbar.

Im gonna repeat my question since you tried to dodge it.

How long would it take Rhonda to learn to defend against Floyd's punches???

Also, I find it quite comical that you can predict how Rhonda would gameplan for Floyd, but isnt capable to doing the opposite in Floyd's favor.

You think because Floyd is a defensive counter puncher against elite boxers, he isnt capable of fighting a come forward pressure style if he wanted to?

You think if YOU got in the ring with him tomorrow he wouldnt know how to walk you down and blast you out of there without taking a single step backwards????

:lol::lol::lol:

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

No, your examples are hypothetical based on real-life things you've seen her do with inferior competition to a man who's P4P boxing champion in the world.

No. You're moving goalposts.
My example of Toney-Couture fits the question in the OP while your example of Briggs and that fat guy didn't.

Just because MMA is "mixed" martial arts doesn't mean a fighter cannot win as a one-trick pony. Like say... Rousey's streak of winning her first 9 fights with the same exact move proves that. You don't have to be well-rounded to win an MMA fight if you're elite in at least one primary area and have the skills to lull your opponent into your game plan.

Not true. Not anymore.
Name a one trick pony that's considered "elite" in the UFC.
Rousey's strength is judo but she's good in other areas.
You can't just know one thing and win anymore.

There are plenty of times when an MMA fighter is not allowed to steer the fight where they want it and lose in the other fighter's strength. Just because you're strong suit is Judo, BJJ or wrestling, doesn't mean it's a sure bet you'll control where the fight goes. Mayweather is a very elusive target whose great at counter-punching on the move, even while back-peddling. Add the fact that he's faster than Rousey and she'd have to open herself up to close the distance for a takedown. Which would leave her open for all manner of combinations.

Just like it takes more than 8-10 weeks to learn how to avoid elite level striking to get the takedown.

True but that's against other trained mma fighters, something she would not be facing in Floyd Mayweather.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Not at all. I'm basing it on how she fights in the ring and having seen countless other fights where one fighter is notably better at striking (using hands and feet, something she wouldn't have to worry about with Floyd).
But you've never seen her face an opponent with hand/feet skills in the same universe as Floyd. There's not a single opponent she's had that could come anywhere near preparing her for the level of striking and ring generalship Mayweather used to mop up the same bigger/stronger fighters you conceded she'd have problems with. She'd have to worry about that.[/QUOTE]
You know when fighters are most vulnerable to punches? Going for chokes and often, heel hooks. But those are usually hammerfist strikes because you cant get any power behind a normal punch.
Rousey would be looking for an armbar, that's all.
You cant check hook someone shooting for your legs.
But you can uppercut someone shooting for legs. And hammerfists KO occur, as well. She's been hit plenty of times while attempting armbars, but those were women. She's never been hit as hard as he would hit her. And he can generate enough power to hammerfist her out cold if he hits her chin. A target he rarely misses.
I did no such thing. You said White was spoonfeeding her soft competition but Zingano was on the list. So he was feeding her Cat too.
You say that as if Cat nullifies the rest of her competition as spoonfeeding. Cat is the ONE opponent anyone gave a shot against her, but they never fought. Thus, Dana has spoonfed he mash potatoes aside from that one piece of steak she never ate.
Gene is her friend. He has no objectivity. I'm not even much of a fan. But I can't with a clear mind see how Floyd would win a MMA fight under MMA rules.

Takedown, armbar.
You're speaking as if Floyd would only use traditional boxing in an MMA fight. There are other means of "free style" (or street) fighting techniques that come along with knowing how to handle yourself in general. It's not like he's useless from the waste down or has no chance of escape if he's grabbed. Yes, he's a defensive counter-puncher, depending on the fighter he's facing. When he faced Marquez he was much more offensive. That's how he's risen in the ranks to P4P: being one of the most intelligent boxers in the game. He's not going to just walk in there throwing hands, hoping to not get taken down. I know it's a fantasy bout, but you're describing it like a cartoon. Shoot, takedown, armbar? Just like that. Damn.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Im gonna repeat my question since you tried to dodge it.

How long would it take Rhonda to learn to defend against Floyd's punches???

Also, I find it quite comical that you can predict how Rhonda would gameplan for Floyd, but isnt capable to doing the opposite in Floyd's favor.

You think because Floyd is a defensive counter puncher against elite boxers, he isnt capable of fighting a come forward pressure style if he wanted to?

You think if YOU got in the ring with him tomorrow he wouldnt know how to walk you down and blast you out of there without taking a single step backwards????

:lol::lol::lol:

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

I don't dodge any question.
But that's not a legit question. She trains to avoid punches already. Even experienced boxers can't avoid all of Mayweather's punches.
But she's not going to be boxing him. She's not going to pressure him like Ricky Hatton. She's going to come at him in a way he's never been attacked before.

I'm not an experienced trained fighter of any discipline so he better walk me down. But when he moves forward on Rousey or any mixed martial artist worth a damn, he's setting himself up and doing their job for them.

No one in boxing game plans better than Team Mayweather (Floyd doesn't watch tapes of other fighters, especially opponents) but watching film and being in the cage, something brand new for him wouldn't be like fighting Miguel Cotto.

I pick Floyd Mayweather over every fighter between 140-154 and a couple at 160 if they want to come down.
But he couldn't beat one MMA fighter at that same weight just like none of them could beat him in a boxing match.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

No. You're moving goalposts.
My example of Toney-Couture fits the question in the OP while your example of Briggs and that fat guy didn't.
I didn't move the goal post. I used that Shannon Briggs example to illustrate a specific point brought up in subsequent discussion, not to answer the original question. I also used the Mercer/Silva fight as example of the original question that countered the Couture/Toney example.
Not true. Not anymore.
Name a one trick pony that's considered "elite" in the UFC.
Rousey's strength is judo but she's good in other areas.
You can't just know one thing and win anymore.
Not anymore? She's only won ONE fight that wasn't by armbar. She'd have to show and prove much more than once to say "not anymore."
True but that's against other trained mma fighters, something she would not be facing in Floyd Mayweather.
And she was also not facing a first ballot hall of fame, all-time P4P reigning multidivision undefeated champion boxer.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

But you've never seen her face an opponent with hand/feet skills in the same universe as Floyd. There's not a single opponent she's had that could come anywhere near preparing her for the level of striking and ring generalship Mayweather used to mop up the same bigger/stronger fighters you conceded she'd have problems with. She'd have to worry about that.

You mean his movement? How long will he move away and give up the round because she's looked at by judges as "the aggressor"?
He beat those bigger guys in boxing matches.

But you can uppercut someone shooting for legs. And hammerfists KO occur, as well. She's been hit plenty of times while attempting armbars, but those were women. She's never been hit as hard as he would hit her. And he can generate enough power to hammerfist her out cold if he hits her chin. A target he rarely misses.

Depending on how low they are, you can't uppercut with power.
A rookie with zero experience is not going to hammer fist Rousey unconscious. Brock Lesnar didn't have hammerfist technique down until about his third fight.

You say that as if Cat nullifies the rest of her competition as spoonfeeding. Cat is the ONE opponent anyone gave a shot against her, but they never fought. Thus, Dana has spoonfed he mash potatoes aside from that one piece of steak she never ate.

Okay and you keep saying Cyborg like she's the only good female fighter in the world.
You fight who's in front of you.

You're speaking as if Floyd would only use traditional boxing in an MMA fight. There are other means of "free style" (or street) fighting techniques that come along with knowing how to handle yourself in general. It's not like he's useless from the waste down or has no chance of escape if he's grabbed. Yes, he's a defensive counter-puncher, depending on the fighter he's facing. When he faced Marquez he was much more offensive. That's how he's risen in the ranks to P4P: being one of the most intelligent boxers in the game. He's not going to just walk in there throwing hands, hoping to not get taken down. I know it's a fantasy bout, but you're describing it like a cartoon. Shoot, takedown, armbar? Just like that. Damn.

Have you ever seen someone win a UFC fight over legit competition with some street shit? He is absolutely useless from the waist down because he doesn't have the training or experience. It would be extremely foolish for him, already out of his depth, to try some new shit in the middle of a fight. That's not even how Floyd Mayweather thinks in boxing.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

I didn't move the goal post. I used that Shannon Briggs example to illustrate a specific point brought up in subsequent discussion, not to answer the original question. I also used the Mercer/Silva fight as example of the original question that countered the Couture/Toney example.

You absolutely did. You used the Briggs bout to counter my point in that subsequent discussion. But the Briggs bout is completely meaningless since it's outside the rules of the OP.

Using your Mercer example, Bas Rutten says "Why didn't he shoot for a single leg right away?"

Not anymore? She's only won ONE fight that wasn't by armbar. She'd have to show and prove much more than once to say "not anymore."

Rousey only needed the armbar. You go with what works. Floyd throws a lot of overhand rights but we know he does more than that and a shoulder roll.

And she was also not facing a first ballot hall of fame, all-time P4P reigning multidivision undefeated champion boxer.

Who has zero training in mixed martial arts while she is an Olympic medalist and experienced fighter in the cage.

If Floyd had started as a mma fighter 20 yrs ago this wouldn't be even slightly in doubt like her vs any male bantamweight fighter in the UFC.
It's all about technique and experience.

TheChoiceIsYours

Support BGOL
Registered

I have trained with professional woman...If she somehow got Floyd to the ground, she better get a hold of that arm pronto because one pop on her jaw and she is going to sleep. I know some of yall big fuckas in here can't understand it, but Floyd is a man and that is all that needs to be said. In a grappling tournament or if they started on the ground she could take him, and the odds are still on his side by way of power. If the start on the feet with that standup she showed in the last fight, he would probably kill her with 4 oz gloves on. Weak hands or not, don't get it fucked up.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

You mean his movement? How long will he move away and give up the round because she's looked at by judges as "the aggressor"?
He beat those bigger guys in boxing matches.
You're assuming the fight would go to the cards. I'm assuming it won't. He can evade her long enough to force her to either stand and bang or over extend herself to grab or take him down. At which point... :boxing:
Depending on how low they are, you can't uppercut with power.
A rookie with zero experience is not going to hammer fist Rousey unconscious. Brock Lesnar didn't have hammerfist technique down until about his third fight.
Brock Lesnar was not a worldclass striker, regarded P4P king with his hands. And shooting in low won't stop him from being elusive. She can shoot low or monkey crawl, but that won't cut off the ring (nor will it stop him from kicking ker in the face, which she would NOT expect).
Okay and you keep saying Cyborg like she's the only good female fighter in the world.
You fight who's in front of you.
No, I'm saying that like Dana White made sure Rousey wouldn't have to fight Cyborg and gifted her Tate after Cat got injured. She fights who Dana puts in front of her.
Have you ever seen someone win a UFC fight over legit competition with some street shit? He is absolutely useless from the waist down because he doesn't have the training or experience. It would be extremely foolish for him, already out of his depth, to try some new shit in the middle of a fight. That's not even how Floyd Mayweather thinks in boxing.
Yes, I have. Jon 'Bones' Jones. :hmm: If Rousey thinks like you--that he's absolutely useless from the waste down--that's exactly the type of hubris that would get her kicked in the face. It's patently ridiculous to presume Mayweather would walk into an MMA fight using nothing but traditional boxing. If there's anything Mayweather has shown, it's that he's an intelligent fighter who preps well for whomever his opponent may be. Rousey would be n different.

TheChoiceIsYours

Support BGOL
Registered

Trained pro fighters can't hit Floyd.

Trained pro fighters don't want to be hit by Floyd.

This chick will have to survive jabs and punches from a glove-less boxer.

Y'all act like Floyd will be easy to lay hands on.

Y'all like this chick is stronger than Floyd.

Y'all act like she is capable of taking the physical trauma of being hit by a pro.

Y'all some new type of men.
:yes::lol::yes::lol::yes:

AllState17

Star
Registered

I don't dodge any question.
But that's not a legit question. She trains to avoid punches already. Even experienced boxers can't avoid all of Mayweather's punches.
But she's not going to be boxing him. She's not going to pressure him like Ricky Hatton. She's going to come at him in a way he's never been attacked before.

I'm not an experienced trained fighter of any discipline so he better walk me down. But when he moves forward on Rousey or any mixed martial artist worth a damn, he's setting himself up and doing their job for them.

No one in boxing game plans better than Team Mayweather (Floyd doesn't watch tapes of other fighters, especially opponents) but watching film and being in the cage, something brand new for him wouldn't be like fighting Miguel Cotto.

I pick Floyd Mayweather over every fighter between 140-154 and a couple at 160 if they want to come down.
But he couldn't beat one MMA fighter at that same weight just like none of them could beat him in a boxing match.

She trains to avoid punches from who????? Dont make me laugh. MMA boxing is laughable.

When you say she isnt going to be boxing him, thats not what really matters. What Im asking you is how would she avoid getting hit???

Even when you go for takedowns, your chin is out there to get hit. And regardless of your opponent's technique, not all takedowns are successful.

If you agree that she wouldnt be able to avoid getting punched at least a few times, just how many shots do you think Floyd would need to put her to sleep?

I mean, we ARE still talking about a woman right? Getting punched by the most accurate puncher in the world right?

Dionysus Helios

Support BGOL
Registered

You MMA guys really need to cool it know. She can take another bitch punch, she ain't taking a full punch from a man much less a world champion boxer and stay on her feet, stupid argument.

Timdawg187

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Broad can barely handle other broads, talking about the best fighter in the world.

end thread.
shit is stupid
she'd try to grab him exposing herself and lights out

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member

You MMA guys really need to cool it know. She can take another bitch punch, she ain't taking a full punch from a man much less a world champion boxer and stay on her feet, stupid argument.

end thread.
shit is stupid

Real talk. All of this talk is bullshit. Who would win in a street fight?
These undercover white boys and gay ass gamer punks are exposing themselves for the weak mutha fuckas they are.
He would HAVE to knock that bitch out on GP or he couldn't hold his head up. I guess BGOL is full of the niggas getting beat up by bitches on them World Star videos.
If you can't knock out a broad and you are the world champ, you can't fight.
MMA fighters are more trained in varied skills. YES. No question.
But to believe Aany old MMA fighter can beat up Floyd Mayweather - you must be a god damned fool.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member

oh shit, i missed this earlier.

dave you really need to stick to debating what you know.

not only have i BROKEN a GOOD arm bar with sheer strength, if you have watched any recent MMA you've WITNESSED Benson Henderson, John Bones Jones and the likes show you how its done.

in fact, defending the arm bar is all about strength, and you dont even need any training to do it, you just need to be TOLD how to do it.

you dont need to know where its coming from to defend it, you just defend it once it begins, or even after its almost applied.

his strength advantage doesnt just go way when they go to the ground. he will ALWAYS be stronger, regardless of where they are or what they are doing.

he would clasp his hands together, pick her ass up and drop her on her head.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
I have a problem with an unproven athlete who essentially, is a big fish in a small pond, even being mentioned with a man as skilled as Floyd Mayweather. a man who could possibly, POSSIBLY go down as the best pound for pound fighter ever.

It's like some people stay looking for a reason to discredit Floyd Mayweather and the sustained greatness and dominance he's held over a combat sport for what seems like the past 2 decades. Does that not account for anything? where we can think a fighter as UNPROVEN as Rousey can even be considered a viable opponent for him under any circumstances, rules, or regulations?

The hate is real.....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

not only have i BROKEN a GOOD arm bar with sheer strength, if you have watched any recent MMA you've WITNESSED Benson Henderson, John Bones Jones and the likes show you how its done.

in fact, defending the arm bar is all about strength, and you dont even need any training to do it, you just need to be TOLD how to do it.

you dont need to know where its coming from to defend it, you just defend it once it begins, or even after its almost applied.

his strength advantage doesnt just go way when they go to the ground. he will ALWAYS be stronger, regardless of where they are or what they are doing.

I have a problem with an unproven athlete who essentially, is a big fish in a small pond, even being mentioned with a man as skilled as Floyd Mayweather. a man who could possibly, POSSIBLY go down as the best pound for pound fighter ever.

It's like some people stay looking for a reason to discredit Floyd Mayweather and the sustained greatness and dominance he's held over a combat sport for what seems like the past 2 decades. Does that not account for anything? where we can think a fighter as UNPROVEN as Rousey can even be considered a viable opponent for him under any circumstances, rules, or regulations?

The hate is real.....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

She trains to avoid punches from who????? Dont make me laugh. MMA boxing is laughable.

When you say she isnt going to be boxing him, thats not what really matters. What Im asking you is how would she avoid getting hit???

Even when you go for takedowns, your chin is out there to get hit. And regardless of your opponent's technique, not all takedowns are successful.

If you agree that she wouldnt be able to avoid getting punched at least a few times, just how many shots do you think Floyd would need to put her to sleep?

I mean, we ARE still talking about a woman right? Getting punched by the most accurate puncher in the world right?

end thread.
shit is stupid

Real talk. All of this talk is bullshit. Who would win in a street fight?
These undercover white boys and gay ass gamer punks are exposing themselves for the weak mutha fuckas they are.
He would HAVE to knock that bitch out on GP or he couldn't hold his head up. I guess BGOL is full of the niggas getting beat up by bitches on them World Star videos.
If you can't knock out a broad and you are the world champ, you can't fight.
MMA fighters are more trained in varied skills. YES. No question.
But to believe Aany old MMA fighter can beat up Floyd Mayweather - you must be a god damned fool.
Fixing_a_huge_bug_with_a_single_line_of_code-s360x166-410717-580a.gif

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

:lol: She ain't tapping Floyd on the ground. This would work easily for a male fighter of similar size, but Floyd is a world-class athlete with enough strength to overcome her technique.

I tend to agree but I'd love to see it

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Granted WWE is fake as fuck, Mayweather hit Big Show with a real punch and "shattered" (Big Show's word) his nose. See 1:40 mark.

Now... if Floyd Mayweather Jr can "shatter" a 7'0'', 441lbs pro-wrestler's nose with a punch, what the fuck would he do to Ronda Rousey's nose??? :eek:

Genocide

Support BGOL
Registered

Would be the quickest fight in MMA or boxing history. A right cross to the grill and its nite nite nigga for Rousey!!!

Floyd is a grown man. Rousey ain't got the muscle tone to withstand a full blow to the chin by a championship boxer. The only thing on the ground would be her face.:lol:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Buk, if you hadn't come in here, I would have left this alone.
The counter arguments weren't even making sense anymore (did someone really ask who would win in a street fight? And using the Big Show, a stationary target, as an example? C'mon man. Rousey's unproven? She won a medal in the Olympics). I can be swayed but not with some that weak shit.

Your point, on the other hand, is a solid point but each guy you named is a world class MMA star and Floyd isn't.
Breaking an armbar isn't always about pure strength. Tate broke her armbar in their last fight on Rousey's first attempt but that's still someone who's been in one before, many, many times, not a rookie making her debut.

I know more about this topic (boxing, mma, and the sprinkling of pro wrestling that's snuck in for some reason) than most of the cats that voted for Floyd but if having to know about something before you talked about it/debated it, the board would have 5 threads at any give time.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member

Your point, on the other hand, is a solid point but each guy you named is a world class MMA star and Floyd isn't.
Breaking an armbar isn't always about pure strength. Tate broke her armbar in their last fight on Rousey's first attempt but that's still someone who's been in one before, many, many times, not a rookie making her debut.

I know more about this topic (boxing, mma, and the sprinkling of pro wrestling that's snuck in for some reason) than most of the cats that voted for Floyd but if having to know about something before you talked about it/debated it, the board would have 5 threads at any give time.

dude, i am not in any way shape form or fashion a world class MMA star, but thanks for the vote of confidence. :lol:

what i am telling you is that having been trained in MMA, you DONT HAVE TO BE world class OR EVEN VERY PRACTICED to defend against the arm bar if you have greater strength than your opponent.

all you need is some coaching.

im telling you from experience.

now unless you can say that from your training in MMA i am wrong...you need to tap out.