Ronda Rousey Says She'd Beat Floyd Mayweather Jr In An MMA Fight Using 'Monkey' Style

Rousey vs Maywether In An MMA Fight: Who Wins?

• Total voters

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
Re: Ronda Rousey Says She'd Beat Floyd Mayweather Jr In An MMA Fight Using 'Monkey' S

You're a man and I would be Ronda would beat ya ass!
:lol::lol:
If you were fighting Floyd Mayweather, and knew what Rhonda Rousey
knows, you would likely win. The simple reason is that your locks and
holds would hold. If you were a woman, I would break any lock or hold
you tried against me by my superior strength. I would go so far as
offering Rhonda Rousey a rear naked choke, and then I would take both
of her hands and pull them apart. Without releasing them, I would then
wrap her hands around her neck, and rear naked choke her with them.

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
Re: Ronda Rousey Says She'd Beat Floyd Mayweather Jr In An MMA Fight Using 'Monkey' S

C/S, if she fucks with floyd she may end up pregant.
If that woman was Eve and I was Adam, all of you would not be here.
Rhonda Rousey is one of the ugliest women I have ever seen.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor

Fuck that shit. She challenged him, why the fuck does he have to meet on her turf? Fuck that, fight in the ring using boxing's rules.

furlough

I want my daddy's records!
Platinum Member

ok, I thought she threw that silly out there first

but she was asked/baited

her answer was based on pure survival

not that she could beat floyd

antpo22

Potential Star
Registered

Well. Just like Rousey says she can beat May weather I can beat Labron James in a game of basketball. If I change all the rules and make him play by wheel chair league rules I win. So u dummies want to change all the rules for Floyd so someone can say they beat him. Lol. Dumb as ninjas for thinking that made sense.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member

even though he's untrained, he's still a world class athlete with a natural strength advantage.

that advantage goes a long way.

she mentioned monkey style...maybe if she put that OTHER monkey on him she might win.

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor

even though he's untrained, he's still a world class athlete with a natural strength advantage.

that advantage goes a long way.

she mentioned monkey style...maybe if she put that OTHER monkey on him she might win.

exactly

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

How do you read the question and still vote for Mayweather?

In a boxing match, Mayweather would not only beat her but every male MMA fighter at/near his weight. But in a mixed martial arts fight, he's outgunned.
Rousey is an Olympic medalist in judo so she's all about fighting bigger, stronger opponents.
It would be the Couture-James Toney fight all over again.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If they were on the ground, he would still be stronger than her.
If she tried an arm bar, he could power out of it using superior
strength. If she tried a rear naked choke, he could pull her
arms apart. If she was on top of him, he could reverse position
and be on top of her. He is a man, and a very strong one at that
where as she is a woman...She would have to be very lucky to
win...Her technique is effective against equally weak women..

:smh: Good answer, but wrong. Floyd is used to fighting standing up, so that is a different use of muscle strength. He couldn't keep up with her without jabbing and hooking to keep her off him. All she needs is one hand, one arm, one leg, or his torso and he is done. As often as Floyd clinches to slow his opponent down, a clinch would be the end of him. He can't defend against a knee or kick to any part of his body. He couldn't take that type of hit. Even his she swiped his ankle or just leg kicked him to the thigh, he'd be fucking done. I was with my MMA friend last night when the shit came on the set, and he laughed and said, "She's right!" Rhonda knows too many forms of fight, Floyd knows one :Stick and move. Mad respect for him, but he couldn't beat her. And he definitely couldn't go 2 rounds or more unless he stays on his feet running. No chance.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

ok, I thought she threw that silly out there first

but she was asked/baited

her answer was based on pure survival

not that she could beat floyd
Ronda Rousey has a history of talking reckless, whether baited or not. As much of a silly question as this might have been, she actually volunteered an even sillier claim before when she said she could beat Cain Velasquez... Cain Velasquez! :hmm:

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor

Cosigned the wrong post, Floyd would destroy her and cape wearers would be screaming how wrong he is for beating up a defenseless woman.

Last edited:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

:smh: Good answer, but wrong. Floyd is used to fighting standing up, so that is a different use of muscle strength. He couldn't keep up with her without jabbing and hooking to keep her off him. All she needs is one hand, one arm, one leg, or his torso and he is done. As often as Floyd clinches to slow his opponent down, a clinch would be the end of him. He can't defend against a knee or kick to any part of his body. He couldn't take that type of hit. Even his she swiped his ankle or just leg kicked him to the thigh, he'd be fucking done. I was with my MMA friend last night when the shit came on the set, and he laughed and said, "She's right!" Rhonda knows too many forms of fight, Floyd knows one :Stick and move. Mad respect for him, but he couldn't beat her. And he definitely couldn't go 2 rounds or more unless he stays on his feet running. No chance.

Exactly.
Cats are not respecting mixed martial arts enough.

Ronda Rousey has a history of talking reckless, whether baited or not. As much of a silly question as this might have been, she actually volunteered an even sillier claim before when she said she could beat Cain Velasquez... Cain Velasquez! :hmm:

:hmm:
Okay, Cain would murder her.

MasterKey

Support BGOL
Registered

If you were fighting Floyd Mayweather, and knew what Rhonda Rousey
knows, you would likely win. The simple reason is that your locks and
holds would hold. If you were a woman, I would break any lock or hold
you tried against me by my superior strength. I would go so far as
offering Rhonda Rousey a rear naked choke, and then I would take both
of her hands and pull them apart. Without releasing them, I would then
wrap her hands around her neck, and rear naked choke her with them.

You sound like somebody who needs to take the Gracie challenge. Grapplers grip is just something you have to experience. I can tell most of you thinking that Floyd has a chance has never had a wrestler or judoka get ahold of them or worse be on top. Until you know how to defend you feel like your suffocating. Floyd would not be able to power out of any attacks without a basic understanding of what's going on unless he wanted to break something. I have no doubt that on the feet Floyd would give her the business, but I also understand that if she wanted him on his back that's where he's going.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Those of you agreeing with Rousey, that she'd beat Floyd Mayweather Jr, is that only applied to him or are you of the opinion that she would also beat all 45 of his defeated opponents in an MMA match? Would she also beat a 147½ lbs Diego Corrales @ 33–0, with 27 KOs? How about Miguel Cotto @ his natural weight or Canelo Alvarez @ 42–0 and entering the octagon @ 172lbs? Are you suggesting that--by her beating the man whose beaten all those men--she would beat all of those men, too, in an MMA rules fight? :dunno:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Those of you agreeing with Rousey, that she'd beat Floyd Mayweather Jr, is that only applied to him or are you of the opinion that she would also beat all 45 of his defeated opponents in an MMA match? Would she also beat a 147½ lbs Diego Corrales @ 33–0, with 27 KOs? How about Miguel Cotto @ his natural weight or Canelo Alvarez @ 42–0 and entering the octagon @ 172lbs? Are you suggesting that--by her beating the man whose beaten all those men--she would beat all of those men, too, in an MMA rules fight? :dunno:

Hadnt thought about it and that's not how fighting works (Frazier beat Ali, Foreman beat Frazier, so Foreman should have beaten Ali, right?) but let's see

When he fought Corrales, Diego was fighting at 135 (he might have weighed 147 but he got down to 135) so Rousey would stretch him.
Cotto and Alvarez might be too big for her but it wouldn't surprise me if she did beat them in a mma fight.
Remember, it doesn't matter what their natural weight is. They drain down for fights so, like Corrales, they would come down to their fighting weights of 154 while she wouldn't have to drain at all and would be at peak strength. That's actually an advantage Floyd has over every welter and jr middle he fights since he fights at his natural weight while all of them are cutting weight.

Again, while this is pure fantasy, Toney trained for a year for his UFC debut and Couture, way past his prime at that point, still made him look like an amateur.

brickwall92

Rising Star
Registered

Trained pro fighters can't hit Floyd.

Trained pro fighters don't want to be hit by Floyd.

This chick will have to survive jabs and punches from a glove-less boxer.

Y'all act like Floyd will be easy to lay hands on.

Y'all like this chick is stronger than Floyd.

Y'all act like she is capable of taking the physical trauma of being hit by a pro.

Y'all some new type of men.
:lol::lol: Niggas talking about floyd is "shakey" rememember this is a bitch he would be fighting

you think with floyds world class defense and speed she would just be able to grab him ?

men have tried and he just evades... Black athletes are disrespected too much...especially the greats.. Money... Lebron

motherfuckers think they can "just take them":smh:

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member

Rousey aint beating Floyd.

Floyd would probably field goal kick her in the head before she got a grip.

MasterKey

Support BGOL
Registered

:lol::lol: Niggas talking about floyd is "shakey" rememember this is a bitch he would be fighting

you think with floyds world class defense and speed she would just be able to grab him ?

men have tried and he just evades... Black athletes are disrespected too much...especially the greats.. Money... Lebron

You keep thinking its about athletism and speed. Its not. its about what sport is being played.

If she is in shooting distance, is floyd in punching range?

If floyd is in punching range he has a change of KO'ing her. If not how is he gonna defend the takedown? Its so much different in boxing to defend a punch vs defending a takedown.

Floyd has never been in a situation where someone tried to shoot on him how would he handle that. His defense recently has been just staying in position and covering up and not moving as much and he does this MASTERFULLY. He would not be able to sit there against her he would be on his ass and there is no doubt in my mind that the submission would come in less that 60 seconds.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It's not really worth it to start the boxing vs. mma argument again. In a fight where both fighters are allowed to use ALL of their tools, MMA seems to usually win out (talking fighters of similar sizes and skill levels at least). Of course if you say to one side that they can only use two of their tools and have to leave the rest by the wayside, that side is gonna lose usually.

This one comes down to gender as much as skills though. As good as Ronda is, you can't just sweep the man vs woman thing under the rug. It's not the same I know, but remember old out of shape Joey Buttafucco easily beating Chyna down in the celeb boxing match. No MMA involved, but she was a big, athletic chick (and fake or not, pro wrestlers are pretty damn strong).

I give her a shot, but I don't think I could go more than 40/50. I need to see a woman take some shots to the head from a dude and keep coming before I give her the advantage. As someone mentioned earlier though, a lot of this depends on Floyd and whether or not he would take it seriously. If he didn't, that would be real stupid, because he seriously needs to keep her from getting one of his joints moving the wrong way. If she could manage to get him in one of those positions....:smh:

You dummies and just as stupid as these mma clowns. Mma and boxing are 2 totally different sports. Mma clowns are always asking boxers to get in the octagon but never suggest they fight in a boxing ring. Anyone mma clown that wants to fight Floyd then go get in the boxing ring and see how fast they get knocked out. U know what? They won't cause u will see just how terrible their hands are. U want to challenge someone then challenge them in their ring since mma idiots are so ducking tough. And u bgol dummies and just as stupid as Ronda is for thinking that

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

You keep thinking its about athletism and speed. Its not. its about what sport is being played.

If she is in shooting distance, is floyd in punching range?

If floyd is in punching range he has a change of KO'ing her. If not how is he gonna defend the takedown? Its so much different in boxing to defend a punch vs defending a takedown.

Floyd has never been in a situation where someone tried to shoot on him how would he handle that. His defense recently has been just staying in position and covering up and not moving as much and he does this MASTERFULLY. He would not be able to sit there against her he would be on his ass and there is no doubt in my mind that the submission would come in less that 60 seconds.

:yes:
It's not like he's so fast and slick he can't be grabbed. He would be in completely alien turf. She only needs to grab his legs and take him down and it's over and that's exactly what she or any MMA fighter would do.
Rousey's not just some weak woman or even just some strong woman, she is an Olympic medalist in judo.
Floyd's not beating her anymore than Tim Duncan could beat Michael Phelps in swimming and Duncan used to be a swimmer.

It's not really worth it to start the boxing vs. mma argument again. In a fight where both fighters are allowed to use ALL of their tools, MMA seems to usually win out (talking fighters of similar sizes and skill levels at least). Of course if you say to one side that they can only use two of their tools and have to leave the rest by the wayside, that side is gonna lose usually.

This one comes down to gender as much as skills though. As good as Ronda is, you can't just sweep the man vs woman thing under the rug. It's not the same I know, but remember old out of shape Joey Buttafucco easily beating Chyna down in the celeb boxing match. No MMA involved, but she was a big, athletic chick (and fake or not, pro wrestlers are pretty damn strong).

I give her a shot, but I don't think I could go more than 40/50. I need to see a woman take some shots to the head from a dude and keep coming before I give her the advantage. As someone mentioned earlier though, a lot of this depends on Floyd and whether or not he would take it seriously. If he didn't, that would be real stupid, because he seriously needs to keep her from getting one of his joints moving the wrong way. If she could manage to get him in one of those positions....:smh:

Chyna's not a skilled fighter in anything. She's hella strong but she and Buttafucoo weren't lifting weights or even grappling, they were boxing.

If this crazy fantasy did take place, Floyd would take it deadly serious. That's how he is. He plays to win at everything.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Strength matters a great deal... until you get your joint stretched the wrong way and about to pop. At that point it's much less about strength and more about what you're ready stand in terms of pain and what you're willing to give up. ...are you able to take the pain of your elbow getting popped... and while that's going on, are you able to keep your head straight enough to start punching with the other hand? Some people can do that, but others can't. Not sure about Floyd, but he'd be smart to just not let it get to that point and just use his speed to knock her the fuck out before she can get a grip on anything.

If they were on the ground, he would still be stronger than her.
If she tried an arm bar, he could power out of it using superior
strength. If she tried a rear naked choke, he could pull her
arms apart. If she was on top of him, he could reverse position
and be on top of her. He is a man, and a very strong one at that
where as she is a woman...She would have to be very lucky to
win...Her technique is effective against equally weak women..

peterpiper1978

Star
Registered

In a boxing match, Mayweather would not only beat her but every male MMA fighter at/near his weight. But in a mixed martial arts fight, he's outgunned.
Rousey is an Olympic medalist in judo so she's all about fighting bigger, stronger opponents.

no matter what style they fought (unless punching is not allowed) he would knock her out in under 2 minutes. Are you forgetting how accurate Floyd is. She will have to get close to him to grapple, then when she grabs him she will have to take uppercuts and other shots from him. There is no way, no scenario where she leaves the ring awake if he does not hold back on her.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Hadnt thought about it and that's not how fighting works (Frazier beat Ali, Foreman beat Frazier, so Foreman should have beaten Ali, right?) but let's see
I'm not saying that's how fighting works. I'm asking it you all also think she'd beat the men he beat or if there's something specific to him.
When he fought Corrales, Diego was fighting at 135 (he might have weighed 147 but he got down to 135) so Rousey would stretch him.
Cotto and Alvarez might be too big for her but it wouldn't surprise me if she did beat them in a mma fight.
Remember, it doesn't matter what their natural weight is. They drain down for fights so, like Corrales, they would come down to their fighting weights of 154 while she wouldn't have to drain at all and would be at peak strength. That's actually an advantage Floyd has over every welter and jr middle he fights since he fights at his natural weight while all of them are cutting weight.
Corrales got down to 135 for weigh-ins against Mayweather, but he stepped in the ring at 147.5lbs on fight night. He was also 6ft tall with a 73'' reach and one-punch KO power. Rousey does have to cut weight to make 135, also. Her natural body weight is actually between 156-160lbs. Floyd would actually have the weight cut advantage against her, too, since he's closer to her weight division than she is (assuming they didn't meet at a catch weight).
Again, while this is pure fantasy, Toney trained for a year for his UFC debut and Couture, way past his prime at that point, still made him look like an amateur.
That's because, as you said, he was way past his prime (old), slow, no experience, overweight (which makes his year long training story suspect) and fighting a Hall of Fame former champion who was coming off beating Mark Coleman the same way he beat Toney (only one round later). That fight was a farce. Surely, we can all see that 'fight' for the WWE sideshow it was? That being said, I gather the answer to the question is that her chances against the fighters Mayweather beat 'depends' on certain factors, but she'd likely beat the man who beat them?

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

There's no way that she's not gonna take some hard body/head shots from somebody.... and until I see her or any woman taking closed hand shots from a dude (especially from a pro fighter) I'm not gonna put much trust in their ability to keep on fighting afterwards. Guys hit wayyyyy harder than women; that's just a fact.
Soooo, I apply the same rules to all the other fighters as I did to Floyd/Ronda.... IF she gets a joint locked up, she has a real chance... but if they're smart and take it seriously and don't let it get to that point, she's going to sleep.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah, notice I never said she was a skilled fighter... just a big strong chick. Joey was a big, but old and out of shape dude, and he knocked her around like she was a fourth grader. ...and as a person with wrestling training, she couldn't even manage to clinch him and stop what he was doing due to the strength difference. My point being that male strength is gonna be a huge, probably the main factor unless the woman gets a joint lock.

:yes:
It's not like he's so fast and slick he can't be grabbed. He would be in completely alien turf. She only needs to grab his legs and take him down and it's over and that's exactly what she or any MMA fighter would do.
Rousey's not just some weak woman or even just some strong woman, she is an Olympic medalist in judo.
Floyd's not beating her anymore than Tim Duncan could beat Michael Phelps in swimming and Duncan used to be a swimmer.

Chyna's not a skilled fighter in anything. She's hella strong but she and Buttafucoo weren't lifting weights or even grappling, they were boxing.

If this crazy fantasy did take place, Floyd would take it deadly serious. That's how he is. He plays to win at everything.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

no matter what style they fought (unless punching is not allowed) he would knock her out in under 2 minutes. Are you forgetting how accurate Floyd is. She will have to get close to him to grapple, then when she grabs him she will have to take uppercuts and other shots from him. There is no way, no scenario where she leaves the ring awake if he does not hold back on her.

No one is forgetting how accurate Mayweather is. I'm a HUGE Mayweather fan. He's the best in his profession by far and has been for over a decade.
But he's on someone else's territory in this. I watch both sports extensively and neither would win or even be competitive in the other's sport.
The idea that Rousey would open herself up to uppercuts is not true. There are ways to take someone down that don't leave you vulnerable like that and she would use them.

I'm not saying that's how fighting works. I'm asking it you all also think she'd beat the men he beat or if there's something specific to him.

Corrales got down to 135 for weigh-ins against Mayweather, but he stepped in the ring at 147.5lbs on fight night. He was also 6ft tall with a 73'' reach and one-punch KO power. Rousey does have to cut weight to make 135, also. Her natural body weight is actually between 156-160lbs. Floyd would actually have the weight cut advantage against her, too, since he's closer to her weight division than she is (assuming they didn't meet at a catch weight).

She wouldn't have to cut to fight any of these guys. Corrales had to cut badly to fight Floyd and I don't think ever fought at super featherweight again.
One punch KO power is irrelevant in a mixed martial arts fight if the opponent doesn't stand up with you.

That's because, as you said, he was way past his prime (old), slow, no experience, overweight (which makes his year long training story suspect) and fighting a Hall of Fame former champion who was coming off beating Mark Coleman the same way he beat Toney (only one round later). That fight was a farce. Surely, we can all see that 'fight' for the WWE sideshow it was? That being said, I gather the answer to the question is that her chances against the fighters Mayweather beat 'depends' on certain factors, but she'd likely beat the man who beat them?

While he's not far past it, Floyd's past his prime as well and Rousey is coming off two dominant wins as well so it's not that far of a stretch.
Since we just settled the "A can beat B, B can beat C, so A can beat C" question (that's not how fighting works), did you just ask me that again?
She can't beat any of them in a boxing match but with Cotto and, especially, Alvarez being noticeably bigger than Floyd, making them even bigger than Rousey, she would have more trouble with them.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Not only did James Toney have no chance in MMA, he was shot as a boxer, too. This was his last 'fight' (spectacle) as a boxer.

Having more tools doesn't always trump speed/power, if the boxer is elite. This isn't MMA, but Shannon Briggs should have been at a disadvantage.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

There's no way that she's not gonna take some hard body/head shots from somebody.... and until I see her or any woman taking closed hand shots from a dude (especially from a pro fighter) I'm not gonna put much trust in their ability to keep on fighting afterwards. Guys hit wayyyyy harder than women; that's just a fact.

There are UFC fights all the time where guys go a while and not take a serious head or body shot.

Soooo, I apply the same rules to all the other fighters as I did to Floyd/Ronda.... IF she gets a joint locked up, she has a real chance... but if they're smart and take it seriously and don't let it get to that point, she's going to sleep.

Floyd Mayweather has zero training in any other martial art but boxing. He wouldn't know how to "not let it get to that point".

Yeah, notice I never said she was a skilled fighter... just a big strong chick. Joey was a big, but old and out of shape dude, and he knocked her around like she was a fourth grader. ...and as a person with wrestling training, she couldn't even manage to clinch him and stop what he was doing due to the strength difference. My point being that male strength is gonna be a huge, probably the main factor unless the woman gets a joint lock.

You're basing your conclusion on bad information. Chyna had no wrestling training. Knowing how to perform wrestling holds for pro wrestling (I watch as much pro wrestling as boxing and UFC) is a completely different animal from actual wrestling.
And she still had gloves on, didn't she? Even if she had real wrestling training, boxing gloves would have killed that advantage.

Blackmayne

Rising Star
Registered
No way she going to walk down Floyd with a crawl style .... boxers can't walk down Floyd on two feet! That said If she takes Floyd down she wins, but if he lands in them 4oz gloves Ronda will be in the next dimension.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Having more tools doesn't always trump speed/power, if the boxer is elite. This isn't MMA, but Shannon Briggs should have been at a disadvantage.

:hmm:

This guy was some flabby kickboxer wearing boxing gloves, Briggs had the advantage.
Show me Briggs or anybody beating a legit mma figher, wearing mma gloves, punching his way out of clinches and the argument is stronger (even somewhat more convincing).

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I know she wasn't an olympic wrestler or anything and that pro wrestling is a show. So no bad info here... I should have clarified what I meant by trained (trained at a pro wrestler gym). My point still stands though that until I see a woman walk through real punches from a man, I give the man the advantage. If she can get through that, and get an arm bar or any other joint lock, a trained chick (like Ronda) has a real shot, the advantage even vs a guy that isn't trained to defend against that. No way of knowing for sure who is right until it happens, correct? If it does happen we'll all see how strong her jaw is, and whether or not Floyd can avoid getting locked up. Can we agree on that?

by the way, I'm a martial artist myself... and when I was like 14, I got embarrassed by a 30 year old chick who caught me in the jaw with a wheel kick and knocked me on my ass in a sparring session.... so I'm not one to say women can't fight. Just saying that the strength advantage is real.

You're basing your conclusion on bad information. Chyna had no wrestling training. Knowing how to perform wrestling holds for pro wrestling (I watch as much pro wrestling as boxing and UFC) is a completely different animal from actual wrestling.
And she still had gloves on, didn't she? Even if she had real wrestling training, boxing gloves would have killed that advantage.

Last edited:

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The idea that Rousey would open herself up to uppercuts is not true. There are ways to take someone down that don't leave you vulnerable like that and she would use them.
Yes, there are "ways" take someone down without getting uppercut, but there are also ways to ward off a take down with strikes. Just as you thinks it's "not true" that Rousey would get caught with strikes while trying to land a TD, who is to say Mayweather's superior striking wouldn't fend off her TD attempts? Rousey has gotten caught and wobbled by female MMA strikes, despite her TD prowess.
She wouldn't have to cut to fight any of these guys. Corrales had to cut badly to fight Floyd and I don't think ever fought at super featherweight again.
One punch KO power is irrelevant in a mixed martial arts fight if the opponent doesn't stand up with you.
She would have to cut to fight them at 135-145. Her cut at 154lbs wouldn't be as much, but then neither would Mayweather have to cut ti make 154lbs. Which would throw the weight cut 'advantage' out the window and leave her at the disadvantage of fighting a male opponent with more sold body mass at that weight. And one punch KO power is also relevant on the ground, not just standing. She can get her chin checked from the bottom.

While he's not far past it, Floyd's past his prime as well and Rousey is coming off two dominant wins as well so it's not that far of a stretch.

Since we just settled the "A can beat B, B can beat C, so A can beat C" question (that's not how fighting works), did you just ask me that again?

She can't beat any of them in a boxing match but with Cotto and, especially, Alvarez being noticeably bigger than Floyd, making them even bigger than Rousey, she would have more trouble with them.
How can Floyd Mayweather be past his prime when he's still just as undefeated now as he was in his prime and beating world class opponents? There's no formula for calculating an athlete's "prime." You have to judge them by their performance. And Mayweather is still currently voted the P4P best boxer in the world. And Rousey's coming off wins dominating wins against relatively subpar female opponents. You can possibly compare that to Mayweather coming off beating Canelo. Had she dominated Cat Zingano or Cris Cyborg, I would make that relative comparison, but Dana's spoon feeding her mash potatoes for competition.

We didn't settle on your answer to the question I asked. So, yes, I asked again. It was pretty much a Yes, No or It Depends question. And though you went into details, I didn't catch a Yes, No or It Depends from you answer. Saying "she would have more trouble with them" doesn't tell me if you think she'd have more trouble and win or have more trouble and lose.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

I know she wasn't an olympic wrestler or anything and that pro wrestling is a show. So no bad info here... I should have clarified what I meant by trained (trained at a pro wrestler gym). My point still stands though that until I see a woman walk through real punches from a man, I give the man the advantage. If she can get through that, and get an arm bar or any other joint lock, a trained chick (like Ronda) has a real shot, the advantage even vs a guy that isn't trained to defend against that. No way of knowing for sure who is right until it happens, correct? If it does happen we'll all see how strong her jaw is, and whether or not Floyd can avoid getting locked up. Can we agree on that?

Of course we'll never know for sure because it'll never happen but we should base our speculation on the most likely outcome based on tangible things.
Floyd's bigger and stronger, given. Floyd's the best boxer in the world, given.
But the question has them in a mma fight, something he has zero experience in and he's fighting a world champion with an Olympic medal on her resume.
I see UFC fights all the time where one guy has a definite advantage over the other in striking. The other guy never takes one punch and shoots in and attempts a takedown. If Floyd were a lot bigger or had some good training to block a Rousey takedown attempt, he would have a legit chance but he doesn't. There is nothing he could do to stop the takedown and everyone knows what happens next.