R.I.P Granddaddy IU

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I feel you, but it's a hard sell.

Most veteran musicians still belong to a union because they can still make money off their craft long after their heyday. They work as session players, touring artists, tutors, etc.

Being an MC doesn't give you those kinds of options. Either you use your star power to sell tickets and albums, or you don't make shit. It's the reason why most retire well before age 30.

Now you want to tell younger rappers that they need to pay monthly dues to support a 40-year-old who hasn't even touched a microphone in over 5 years?

Just curious though, if such a union did exist what would be the criteria for joining? And what would be the criteria for getting a check?

If I had that figured all out? I ain't sharing that here.

First I would get the wealthiest in the culture to fund a think tank filled with the best and brightest to figure that out.

And then actually implement it.

There has to be an existing entity to use as a template.

No matter the case - it would be a wonderful thing if achieved and it's something that is far from impossible.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
If I had that figured all out? I ain't sharing that here.

First I would get the wealthiest in the culture to fund a think tank filled with the best and brightest to figure that out.

And then actually implement it.

There has to be an existing entity to use as a template.

No matter the case - it would be a wonderful thing if achieved and it's something that is far from impossible.

It would!

Imagine old rappers with enough income to hold on to their publishing. Not having to do $500 hooks for new jacks who can't rap for shit. Not having to throw their back out for peanuts on those old school reunion tours.

I don't know if the wealthiest people in the culture would be the right ones to get behind this though. A lot of them are halfway responsible for most of these old rappers going broke in the first place.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Its a guy that is 74 years old that I work with. He looks like he's in his 30s or early 40s. He walks, talks and acts like he's in his 30s. Mind is super sharp and no aches and pains. That's how you want to be in your mid 70s. 54 years old is waaaay too young to be dying. Taking care of your health is everything! Money and possessions ain't shit without your health. :cool:

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Its a guy that is 74 years old that I work with. He looks like he's in his 30s or early 40s. He walks, talks and acts like he's in his 30s. Mind is super sharp and no aches and pains. That's how you want to be in your mid 70s. 54 years old is waaaay too young to be dying. Taking care of your health is everything! Money and possessions ain't shit without your health. :cool:
But he 74 and still working:hmm:

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor

Amen! That's exactly how I want to be at that age.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
But he 74 and still working:hmm:

He loves his job, just like I do. He programs CNC machines and let's the machine run. He's been doing it for 40+ years. There's a couple more people here that are older and have been here forever. They love their careers. No heavy lifting, no getting dirty, air conditioning... they make 100K+ doing something that they love. They don't want to leave for some reason. :dunno:

Oh yeah, he just bought a brand new 2023 Toyota Tundra and had a pool installed in his back yard last summer that costed 95 grand. Here at work, he don't stand still... he's always up and doing something while everyone else is sitting down, chilling.

@Dr. Truth yall can laugh all you want. :dunno:

Last edited:

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
He loves his job, just like I do. He programs CNC machines and let's the machine run. He's been doing it for 40+ years. There's a couple more people here that are older and have been here forever. They love their careers. No heavy lifting, no getting dirty, air conditioning... they make 100K+ doing something that they love. They don't want to leave for some reason. :dunno:

Oh yeah, he just bought a brand new 2023 Toyota Tundra and had a pool installed in his back yard last summer that costed 95 grand. Here at work, he don't stand still... he's always up and doing something while everyone else is sitting down, chilling.

@Dr. Truth yall can laugh all you want. :dunno:

Doctors don't make money off healthy patients