R.I.P Granddaddy IU

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Damn.

REST IN PEACE

I hope all these individuals can be honored in the new museum

Sidebar...

we REALLY need a hip hop union to support our veterans.

I feel you, but it's a hard sell.

Most veteran musicians still belong to a union because they can still make money off their craft long after their heyday. They work as session players, touring artists, tutors, etc.

Being an MC doesn't give you those kinds of options. Either you use your star power to sell tickets and albums, or you don't make shit. It's the reason why most retire well before age 30.

Now you want to tell younger rappers that they need to pay monthly dues to support a 40-year-old who hasn't even touched a microphone in over 5 years?

Just curious though, if such a union did exist what would be the criteria for joining? And what would be the criteria for getting a check?

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I met him in Hempstead a couple of years ago. First album was solid, but he fucked up when he changed his style on the second one. RIP.

Na he moved with the times and it was still dope. He just wasn’t gonna be a mainstream artist.

there was a lot of rappers back then In that pocket. King Sun, redhead kingpin to name a few

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
aint I.U Biz Markie's brother????

if not, I know they were really close back in the day

R.I.P
I don't believe so... His brother was his DJ "KC."

Biz was one of his producers, but I remember he said that Biz "took credit" for producing the first album; but Biz didn't really produce shit.

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
His connection with Biz made me go buy his debut album back then, and I was not disappointed.
Granddaddy IU was pure hiphop and very, very smooth! Did it all in his time from rap to production,
including producing & writing one of the most ferocious diss records of all time "big mama" by Roxanne Shante.
Peaceful Journey IU, your hiphop will live on forever.

Rest-In-Peace.gif

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
Grand Daddy IU was taking no prisoners with this track,
I played this classic on repeat back in the day! R.I.P IU