POWER Book all seasons discussion thread (Power Book II: Ghost canceled )

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Chicago? I thought he was heading to Los Angeles?

I was actually hoping he'd end up in Los Angeles also because I wanted to see modern Los Angeles gangsters.

Who knows with this series, he could end up in Martinique.

Lurk Diggler

Rising Star
Registered
I know this show is super thug fantasy but damn it’s getting crazy like OG Power did…they leaving bodies everywhere, all on phones and talking to police… Tariq did way too much talking about that body he dropped. Why Monet at Zeke press conference all on camera talking to reporters? Why is GSG dude still alive? Who gets fleeced for that much product and just be like oh well that’s the game? Still it’s been better than Insecure run this season smh

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just finished up watching season 5 and 6 of Power, I had stop watching because idiots on Facebook were spoiling it. So I started watching again a couple weeks ago. My brother said Reek is likeable in Power II, is that true? Because I can't stand that spoiled ungrateful lil shit. And then he's the one who kills Ghost... :smh:

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know this show is super thug fantasy but damn it’s getting crazy like OG Power did…they leaving bodies everywhere, all on phones and talking to police… Tariq did way too much talking about that body he dropped. Why Monet at Zeke press conference all on camera talking to reporters? Why is GSG dude still alive? Who gets fleeced for that much product and just be like oh well that’s the game? Still it’s been better than Insecure run this season smh
You're right, the drug dealing portion of the show has gone so far past anything resembling reality, it's amazing. Monet, as a major player in Queens, has her sole distribution going through Tariq. He simply doesn't have the smarts or the infrastructure to handle it as we saw this week where he turns over bricks of coke to his roommate who leaves the shit in an unsecured garage in his trunk where the shit promptly gets took. Then when the deal goes left, Tariq who stays in high-end European streetwear but still hasn't managed to buy a car, has to ask Diana to give him a ride to a drug deal 2 hours away. The shit is beyond absurd. Monet is still providing unintentional comic relief every time she deals with her kids, no matter how reasonable they are (D: "Mom, I want to pursue my MBA to help with the family finances." M: "You think you slick, you just wanna go to school to be with that little Tariq nigga"). If Monet is so distrustful with Tariq around her kids than how the hell does she trust him with all those bricks?

And not for nothing, but I'm starting to realize how without the gratuitous nudity, the plot holes are even more glaring and obnoxious. This show has a friggin sex addict who apparently has slept with damn near everyone (the student, the Professor, the cop, & the lawyer) and yet we haven't gotten a single nude love scene from the character.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
and what about dude that just walked in to the connects crib filming? what if there was bricks all around the place.
The daughter drove another 4 hours (total) to see Effie, just so Effie could make her aware of what happened with the drugs? She couldn't figure that out for herself? shit, maybe the moms is right, fuck you going to college for.

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeh last episode was terrible. Felt like lines slapped together at different times with the actors not knowing what came before or after.
Ep 2 was so so..nothing really to talk about...Hope more sex and nudity scenes!!
this..it's the only reason to watch the show now

This show has a friggin sex addict who apparently has slept with damn near everyone (the student, the Professor, the cop, & the lawyer) and yet we haven't gotten a single nude love scene from the character.
she probably has a no nude scene clause in her contract.

Lurk Diggler

Rising Star
Registered
and what about dude that just walked in to the connects crib filming? what if there was bricks all around the place….

Exactly idk why he is still alive he is a loud liability.
And spot on with the professor chick she got a body count higher than Tariqs I’m waiting for her to smash Tariq or O’Dog next I bet Meth already hit he a grimey ass lawyer he was wrong for putting Saxe in that Christopher Moltisanti pinstripe suit

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Monet def not a major player, not anywhere near the level Ghost and Tommy were, she's more of a mid tier player even just looking at the house they live in, using only that little bar to launder their cash through etc.

You're right, the drug dealing portion of the show has gone so far past anything resembling reality, it's amazing. Monet, as a major player in Queens, has her sole distribution going through Tariq. He simply doesn't have the smarts or the infrastructure to handle it as we saw this week where he turns over bricks of coke to his roommate who leaves the shit in an unsecured garage in his trunk where the shit promptly gets took. Then when the deal goes left, Tariq who stays in high-end European streetwear but still hasn't managed to buy a car, has to ask Diana to give him a ride to a drug deal 2 hours away. The shit is beyond absurd. Monet is still providing unintentional comic relief every time she deals with her kids, no matter how reasonable they are (D: "Mom, I want to pursue my MBA to help with the family finances." M: "You think you slick, you just wanna go to school to be with that little Tariq nigga"). If Monet is so distrustful with Tariq around her kids than how the hell does she trust him with all those bricks?

And not for nothing, but I'm starting to realize how without the gratuitous nudity, the plot holes are even more glaring and obnoxious. This show has a friggin sex addict who apparently has slept with damn near everyone (the student, the Professor, the cop, & the lawyer) and yet we haven't gotten a single nude love scene from the character.

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I swear it seems like with each episode they try to outdo themselves with how bad the writing can be. I don't claim to be Tony Montana, Nino Brown, or anything but the drug trafficking plotlines in this series just do not make any logical, common sense. Let's dive in:
1) While it made sense for Tariq to sell "personal use" amounts of drugs through the CourseCorrect app & couriers, the volume of drugs they show him moving on campus this episode doesn't make any sense. Even assuming some of the product got offloaded to Effie at Yale, they moved over $30K worth of product in just a few days, that has got to raise some alarms around campus.
2) The magic drug hole. A hidden locker on the rooftop of a secluded stairwell on campus made sense as a place for Tariq & Brayden to stash product, as opposed to the trunk of Brayden's car. But using this locker as a central point of distribution for your entire drug trafficking network is fucking retarded. Anyone in the network who gets arrested and flips, just point the cops to the magic drug hole for a lesser sentence. Someone in the network gets the bright idea to save money on their next re-up, just wait in the secluded stairwell for anyone coming or going to the magic drug hole and rob 'em. Or for the really ambitious Omar Little fan, just watch the stairwell to see who's making multiple trips to the drug hole, and congratulations you just identified the campus plug -- Brayden. Now, shove a pistol in his face and take his shit. If Tariq is so smart, the fact that 2 of his 3 girlfriends have already crossed paths in this stairwell should be a signal that this method of distribution is incredibly flawed.
3) Cane & Brayden hustling the streets. So Cane tells Brayden he can get more for his product on the street than they do up at Stanford doesn't make sense. The show has already established that Tariq & Brayden are adding a rich, white kid tax to their product. Drugs that would sell for $100 on the street, they're charging $200-$250 on campus. So why the hell are they backtracking to make this particular plot point?
4) And finally, Tariq moved over $30K worth of product in just a few days. So why in the fuck has he still not bought a car?? At this point, it seems to just be a bad fucking joke inside the writers' room. When he asked Lauren to go with him to visit his sister, she thought it was his way of opening up to her. But we all know, this nigga just needed a ride to the Child Services building.

I really need Courtney Kemp and the writers to do some type of Ask Me Anything forum because the longer you watch, the less sense this shit makes.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I swear it seems like with each episode they try to outdo themselves with how bad the writing can be. I don't claim to be Tony Montana, Nino Brown, or anything but the drug trafficking plotlines in this series just do not make any logical, common sense. Let's dive in:
1) While it made sense for Tariq to sell "personal use" amounts of drugs through the CourseCorrect app & couriers, the volume of drugs they show him moving on campus this episode doesn't make any sense. Even assuming some of the product got offloaded to Effie at Yale, they moved over $30K worth of product in just a few days, that has got to raise some alarms around campus.
2) The magic drug hole. A hidden locker on the rooftop of a secluded stairwell on campus made sense as a place for Tariq & Brayden to stash product, as opposed to the trunk of Brayden's car. But using this locker as a central point of distribution for your entire drug trafficking network is fucking retarded. Anyone in the network who gets arrested and flips, just point the cops to the magic drug hole for a lesser sentence. Someone in the network gets the bright idea to save money on their next re-up, just wait in the secluded stairwell for anyone coming or going to the magic drug hole and rob 'em. Or for the really ambitious Omar Little fan, just watch the stairwell to see who's making multiple trips to the drug hole, and congratulations you just identified the campus plug -- Brayden. Now, shove a pistol in his face and take his shit. If Tariq is so smart, the fact that 2 of his 3 girlfriends have already crossed paths in this stairwell should be a signal that this method of distribution is incredibly flawed.
3) Cane & Brayden hustling the streets. So Cane tells Brayden he can get more for his product on the street than they do up at Stanford doesn't make sense. The show has already established that Tariq & Brayden are adding a rich, white kid tax to their product. Drugs that would sell for $100 on the street, they're charging $200-$250 on campus. So why the hell are they backtracking to make this particular plot point?
4) And finally, Tariq moved over $30K worth of product in just a few days. So why in the fuck has he still not bought a car?? At this point, it seems to just be a bad fucking joke inside the writers' room. When he asked Lauren to go with him to visit his sister, she thought it was his way of opening up to her. But we all know, this nigga just needed a ride to the Child Services building.

I really need Courtney Kemp and the writers to do some type of Ask Me Anything forum because the longer you watch, the less sense this shit makes.

The show is even mocking how they're having Tariq walk everywhere

and Brayden said his plan like it was something genius. Llke the cops couldn't just sit on the amazon lockers and wait for the product to be put in it.

and that whole dragging Zeke to the police station without a warrant, taking his belongings and keeping him there without a phone call just to make a statement :smh:

Last edited:

Lurk Diggler

Rising Star
Registered
The fact Tariq is moving all this weight and doesn’t have a car is crazy. I know them lawyers are smacking his pockets but damn bruh least get used beemer or Benz you at a high price prep school no one would even notice or care