POWER Book all seasons discussion thread (Power Book II: Ghost canceled )

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered
Tariq went from a scary, bratty, fuck up to a mastermind, hoe playa and a stone cold killer :lol: :hithead:

‘The funniest part of the show is the after show breakdown by Courtney Kemp, chick be all excited talking “this week we wanted to shock the crow blah blah blah”, I just laugh and be like all that shit was totally unbelievable..lol

it’s crazy that they got a whole show about this lol shit stain with the best luck ever. Now he a stone cold Killer/Nerd/Ladies Man/Mamasboy all in one. I thought they would have used 2 Bit as his muscle.

is it just me, or does Zeek seem slow? :lol:
Zeek is the worst actor ever. He sounds more lake a Bama than some street kid from Queens.

bluemoon

Rising Star
Platinum Member
it’s crazy that they got a whole show about this lol shit stain with the best luck ever. Now he a stone cold Killer/Nerd/Ladies Man/Mamasboy all in one. I thought they would have used 2 Bit as his muscle.

Zeek is the worst actor ever. He sounds more lake a Bama than some street kid from Queens.
Zeke explain in the first 2 episodes that he was from the south.

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member
How much you want to bet that the writers, producers, directors and cast would 100% love to be talked about and revered the way David Simon and the Wire family are?
for this show to match that level of excellence they have to get consultants and place them behind and in front of the camera that know each element
from the police, the drug game, the schools, the courts like the wire did.

david simon-the press and he shadowed the baltimore PD
that revend guy-was a real life drug dealer
lt. mello-was the actual jay landsman cop who supervised bunk's team.

the only consultant in power is basically 50 cent

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered
for this show to match that level of excellence they have to get consultants and place them behind and in front of the camera that know each element
from the police, the drug game, the schools, the courts like the wire did.

david simon-the press and he shadowed the baltimore PD
that revend guy-was a real life drug dealer
lt. mello-was the actual jay landsman cop who supervised bunk's team.

LOl Power is like a rap song. Sex/Money/Murder, it can't compare to the wire.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor

:lol: Mannn I’ve never been inside a courtroom in my life but I’ve seen enough trials on TV to know that scene with Tariq on the stand was something that would never happen. The judge gonna stop the trial talking about “Mr. Sax is this true”:lol::hithead:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Exactly. That would NEVER happen. A witness can only answer the questions asked. They cannot speak. Tariq would have been held in contempt and thrown in jail.
:lol: Mannn I’ve never been inside a courtroom in my life but I’ve seen enough trials on TV to know that scene with Tariq on the stand was something that would never happen. The judge gonna stop the trial talking about “Mr. Sax is this true”:lol::hithead:

sherminator

They hate to see us wiiiiinnnniiinnng
Registered
I was thinking him and curly was gon be him and Tasha, i bet he like the only one standing and starts up his little empire probably even knock off ghost or tommy

Probably be the nigga to kill ghost on some humbug shit like Omar

He semi played it well but got sloppy at the end

Ghat damn i called it on the lil nigga taking ghost out

000.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Method Man and Redman to reunite on Power Book II: Ghost — this time as brothers

In addition to their music projects, the rap icons have costarred in a movie and a short-lived sitcom.
By Derek Lawrence
April 27, 2021 at 10:30 AM EDT

How high was this on your Power wishlist?
EW can exclusively reveal that Grammy-nominated rapper Redman will appear in the upcoming second season of Starz's Power Book II: Ghost, reuniting him with Method Man, his frequent music collaborator, How High costar, and Method & Red sitcom partner.
Method is a series regular on Ghost, playing slick, high-priced lawyer Davis Maclean, while Redman is joining the Power spinoff in the guest-star role of Theo Rollins, Davis's imprisoned older brother.
Theo and Davis used to run the streets together, but now that little bro has escaped that life and become New York's top defense attorney following his victory in the Tasha St. Patrick (Naturi Naughton) case, Theo is questioning if guilt is still enough for Davis to keep his promise.

CREDIT: DEXTER A. JONES/GETTY IMAGES
The duo has been making music together for more than 25 years, and just recently squared off in the latest Verzuz battle. The partnership made its way into the acting world with 2001's cult stoner comedy How High and 2004's short-lived sitcom Method & Red, which lasted only nine episodes after creative disagreements between Fox and its stars.
Not to take credit for the Ghost reunion, but speaking to creator Courtney Kemp during season 1, EW threw out the dream casting idea: "Don't we need Redman?" Kemp responded with a laugh, adding she "hoped" to see that happen.
Well, it will when Ghost returns, but not before Power Book III: Raising Kanan makes its series premiere this summer.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Power Book III: Raising Kanan renewed for season 2 ahead of series premiere

By Derek Lawrence
July 12, 2021 at 01:00 PM EDT

Starz will keep Raising Kanan.
Ahead of Sunday's series premiere, Power Book III: Raising Kanan, the latest entry in the ever-expanding Power Universe, has been renewed for a second season.
"One season isn't enough to tell the coming of age story of Kanan Stark and his mother, Raq, a fierce and successful woman who is a force of nature," Starz president and CEO Jeffrey Hirsch said in a statement. "The anticipation globally for more of the Power Universe made it clear that the Kanan story needs to continue."
The highly-anticipated Power prequel travels back to 1991 to track the cold-blooded origins of Kanan Stark, who was memorably played on the flagship series by Curtis Jackson, a.k.a. 50 Cent. The new installment from creator Sascha Penn (a writer on Power season 1) stars Mekai Curtis as 15-year-old Kanan, Tony-winner Patina Miller as his queenpin mother Raq, and Omar Epps as Det. Malcolm Howard, a powerful force on the streets of South Jamaica, Queens.

'Power Book III: Raising Kanan'
| CREDIT: STARZ
"What we have thought about is that by the end of however many seasons this is, you will have a full and complete sense of how Kanan Stark became Kanan Stark," Penn recently told EW. "How far does that take us? I think that's to be determined. But I do think that the goal of the series is to understand how we get from this somewhat wide-eyed, fresh-faced kid that you meet in that first episode to Kanan Stark who comes out of prison in the Pelle Pelle jacket and immediately starts f---ing destroying everyone who gets in his path in Power."
Raising Kanan premieres Sunday on Starz.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Maybe I'm just a sucker fold old school hip-hop, but the Kanan series ain't bad to me.
It's no Power (when it first started), but more like Power towards the end.
I assume they'll eventually get to the other characters we know (Ghost, Tommy, Angela, etc.) just gotta give it time.
At least they're doing lesbian sex scenes and not a couple of dudes fucking each other like damn near every other show on TV.

pookie

BGOL Investor
This book of Kannan is hot trash....Stop with all the love scenes and get into the origins of Ghost Tommy and Tasha....Throw in the DA chick.

But I DVR this shit and after 3 weeks this has been the worst season, period........
YEP! The love scenes are filler because they don't have enough material for a real story.

They added all those love scenes because viewers had been asking about them after the show toned down on them after the first couple of seasons. They relying on those scenes to get ratings/viewers

pookie

BGOL Investor
Maybe I'm just a sucker fold old school hip-hop, but the Kanan series ain't bad to me.
It's no Power (when it first started), but more like Power towards the end.
I assume they'll eventually get to the other characters we know (Ghost, Tommy, Angela, etc.) just gotta give it time.
At least they're doing lesbian sex scenes and not a couple of dudes fucking each other like damn near every other show on TV.

The first couple shows I was saying it’s not bad because it didn’t have any Power actors so it felt like a whole different show, but it’s hard to see this character being the Kanan from Power. He’s already 15-16 and not a street kid or even lead a rough life like you thought Kanan had.

Also I saw someone post a screenshot of a comment from the writer of POWER on IG, when asked about Ghost and Tommy she said Ghost and Tommy were 5 years younger than Kanan so during this time they were only like 10-11 so they wouldnt be a part of this story

Empire

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They added all those love scenes because viewers had been asking about them after the show toned down on them after the first couple of seasons. They relying on those scenes to get ratings/viewers

That makes sense!

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
Horny mufuckas really watching regular shows for sex scenes?