Official Boxing Thread

fles

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He shouldn't think about fighting Wilder Or Fury yet.

He needs a couple more fights with D.James training him IMO

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Ref allowed AJ to hold dude behind the neck keeping his head in place for a shot and AJ still couldnt knock him out...lot of holding...smart but seemed very nervous

AJ would bite on every feint if he fought Wilder...I dont know who he can beat at the top level...not Usyk, Fury, Wilder, Joyce, Sanchez etc...he is on rebuilding mode but thats tough for a dude who makes millions per fight and cant get away with fighting absolute bums

fles

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ref allowed AJ to hold dude behind the neck keeping his head in place for a shot and AJ still couldnt knock him out...lot of holding...smart but seemed very nervous

AJ would bite on every feint if he fought Wilder...I dont know who he can beat at the top level...not Usyk, Fury, Wilder, Joyce, Sanchez etc...he is on rebuilding mode but thats tough for a dude who makes millions per fight and cant get away with fighting absolute bums

I think the Whyte fight would be the next best move for him. Then Joyce (if he can beat him). Then challenge Wilder, Fury or Usyk

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Today I'm a damn AJ fan again. Expiration will begin approx 14:15PST 3/1/2023 :lol:

Shamefully I admit I haven't been this excited to see him square off since the Klitschko fight :hmm:

To be honest, I was only riding for AJ on the strength of Derrick James. I saw some flares but overall was not too impressed. My parlay is still secured so that’s all I really care about.

Back to hating on AJ I go. See ya’ll tonight if you plan on tuning into the Top Rank card on ESPN:cool:

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
I think the Whyte fight would be the next best move for him. Then Joyce (if he can beat him). Then challenge Wilder, Fury or Usyk
White's hasnt looked great of late but I am not sure AJ wins....AJ should be able to win that one but White has that power and AJ really looks he is terrified of getting hit....from a money perspective, a bout with Fury could make the most sense rather than risking a loss for lessor money

Might be the best fight for both since Fury pulled some pussy shit on Usyk....that move has me rethinking Usyk's chances against Fury...didnt think he had a chance but apparently Fury does and he would know

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
AJ should just do a big Wembley fight in the stadium vs Whyte next, just remember to throw the uppercut and he should be good for a stoppage W

fles

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
White's hasnt looked great of late but I am not sure AJ wins....AJ should be able to win that one but White has that power and AJ really looks he is terrified of getting hit....from a money perspective, a bout with Fury could make the most sense rather than risking a loss for lessor money

Might be the best fight for both since Fury pulled some pussy shit on Usyk....that move has me rethinking Usyk's chances against Fury...didnt think he had a chance but apparently Fury does and he would know

I think D. James could bring back that spark AJ used to have. The Whyte fight is good because he has a chance to beat that dude.

The problem with a Fighting Fury right away is that AJ would get DESTROYED. IMO. That fight would be one sided.

He shouldn't step into the ring with Fury being timid. He has to get that Wilder mindset- ALL OR NOTHING.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
I think D. James could bring back that spark AJ used to have. The Whyte fight is good because he has a chance to beat that dude.

The problem with a Fighting Fury right away is that AJ would get DESTROYED. IMO. That fight would be one sided.

He shouldn't step into the ring with Fury being timid. He has to get that Wilder mindset- ALL OR NOTHING.
If James can bring that spark back then I agree with a Whyte fight...I dont think AJ will ever have that Wilder mindset as he is fundamentally a different kind of dude...if James can get him back to pre Ruiz mindset and even better, how he was before Klitschko rocked him in their fight, then he would have a chance to come back....I dont see it though

Only reason I am thinking Fury might be the best move is because I think his days of beating the top guys are over and Fury would give him the most money

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jorge Masvidal's Gamebred Boxing prelims on YouTube now.

Shawn Porter commentating

Roy Jones vs Anthony Pettis main event

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I'm going back and forth with the TOP Rank but the Aldo was okay.

I definitely want to stay up to see Roy Jones and Pettis fight.

Masvidal has something going here and will be pretty successful post fighting if he keeps matchmaking well known names.

Thanks.

It’s good to see Masvidal branching out business-wise near the end of his mma career.

Also, good to see Pettis pick up some better paychecks in the PFL after leaving the UFC. Hope he and Roy pick up some nice $ for this too.