Official Boxing Thread

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Welp, I won enough money today. A Harrison win was a long shot but I couldn't pass it up.

Tony might just not have it in him anymore. Come the 7/8/9 round you can count on him slowing down.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
For @850credit and anybody else here that watch the UK boxing scene, looks like Wasserman has renewed their deal with Channel 5 1 more yr with min of 6 shows. Also Buatsi signed with Boxxer turning down a title shot at Bivol along with a purse of likely close to $2mil. Also turned down signing with Frank Warren which would've brought him maybe his biggest payday now with a fight vs Yarde that would do a big gate in London

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Broner is still a draw.

He's gonna be fighting in Florida now I'm sure. Seems like Don King does most of his business there now.

Wish that College Park card had happened

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For @850credit and anybody else here that watch the UK boxing scene, looks like Wasserman has renewed their deal with Channel 5 1 more yr with min of 6 shows. Also Buatsi signed with Boxxer turning down a title shot at Bivol along with a purse of likely close to $2mil. Also turned down signing with Frank Warren which would've brought him maybe his biggest payday now with a fight vs Yarde that would do a big gate in London

I like Buatsi. An educated and fighting man. You don't have to be a shit talking lowbrow brute to be a boxer.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Laugh if you like,

The last event that was canceled in College Park GA had a good buzz and I think it would have had a decent crowd.

Now PPV sales I doubt it would have sold much, but I think the gate would have been good for an event space of that size. I was looking forward to the card and likely would have gone. Tay Jones and other local boxers were giving it some buzz on their channels.

It would have been a good night of entertainment south of Atlanta which is a little sleepy in terms of entertainment choices. Would have been the biggest thing in town that night.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Broner is still a draw.

He's gonna be fighting in Florida now I'm sure. Seems like Don King does most of his business there now.

Wish that College Park card had happened

You must mean that he "Can draw".

doodling-drawing.gif

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Laugh if you like,

The last event that was canceled in College Park GA had a good buzz and I think it would have had a decent crowd.

Now PPV sales I doubt it would have sold much, but I think the gate would have been good for an event space of that size. I was looking forward to the card and likely would have gone. Tay Jones and other local boxers were giving it some buzz on their channels.

It would have been a good night of entertainment south of Atlanta which is a little sleepy in terms of entertainment choices. Would have been the biggest thing in town that night.
Having a "decent" crowd means nothing.
Up and coming local guys can do that.
Broner is a has-been that hasn't had a meaningful fight in 3 1/2 years.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
I hope Broner's story ends well...as far as boxing is concerned, been far too many years of him being afraid to engage opponents and waiting for that one killer counter...I dont know how many more fans he can con but it has to be less than in years pass...the level of opponent that he was a sure-fire W over has gone down as well

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Having a "decent" crowd means nothing.
Up and coming local guys can do that.
Broner is a has-been that hasn't had a meaningful fight in 3 1/2 years.

And yet he's still getting signed. Don King must believe there's money to be made off him.

Last edited: