Official Boxing Thread

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@HeathCliff where would you rank Joe Smith in the division right now? 175 is no joke and got killers in it so i'm interested to see how high you are on him
I’d rank him #3 or #4. Behind Beterbiev and most certainly behind Bivol. If Kovalev hadn’t lost to a 160 pounder I’d rank Smith behind him. Lol

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Hearn's gotta be happy with how Whyte Povetkin turned out, he no longer has to worry about juggling trying to make the biggest fight in British boxing history (Fury vs. Anthony Joshua) while also satisfying Whyte’s claims for a world title shot, plus he gets to put on a rematch that’s bound to draw big interest given the way Saturday night’s fight played out

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Thurman's top 5 all time is Ali, Aaron Pryor, Mike Tyson, Floyd, Evander Holyfield. Both Floyd and Thurman have Pryor and Floyd in their top 5 all time

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
The winner of Horn vs Tszyu can look foward to a possible showdown with WBO Champ
Patrick Teixeria in Australia in Dec.

Arum confirmed Jason Moloney signed to fight the Monster in Nov.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Its scary how much Tim Tszyu looks like his father.
They could pass for identical twins.
Only time will tell if he can be half the fighter his dad was.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
@HeathCliff i know you're high on Joe Smith ranking him 3 or 4 but i'm just not sold on him, I still think a Yarde or even a soon to be 38 yr old Pascal can beat him. I would say Browne can outbox him but seeing how Browne got caught by them Pascal Haymakers, Smith's power could likely stop him

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor

Gary inactivity took away from his greatness but his abilities can't be denied...that being said, a fight with Crawford is silly and does nothing for Terrence

I think the fight with Gervonta should have went down and in the DC - Bmore battle, I think Gervonta would have unfortunately won...think he would have been a little too physical for Russell

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@HeathCliff i know you're high on Joe Smith ranking him 3 or 4 but i'm just not sold on him, I still think a Yarde or even a soon to be 38 yr old Pascal can beat him. I would say Browne can outbox him but seeing how Browne got caught by them Pascal Haymakers, Smith's power could likely stop him
Me thinks not.

Yarde had Kovalev in the 8th round but he had nothing left in the gas tank to finish him. And the only reason he went down and didn’t get back up is because he was spent. That wasn’t a KO, he just hit the canvas and said I’m done.

Browne and Pascal? Nah man I don’t see it. The only way to beat Smith is to overwhelm him like Bivol did and neither of the two mentioned have that style. Smith is going to bring pressure and keep his foot on the gas all night. And he’s good with cutting off the ring too.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
The BBC have announced that Amir Khan has landed his own reality TV show called 'Meet The Khans: Big In Bolton' on BBC Three. Described as: "An exclusive insight into the real couple behind the splashy tabloid headlines, glitzy boxing matches and glamorous photo shoots.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Izu Ugonoh makes his MMA debut today on KWS 54 card

On September 11th long time tri-sport juggler Sergei Kharitonov will make his long awaited pro boxing debut against the once formidable Danny Williams.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Izu broke the guy's hamstring with a leg kick, reversed a takedown into a ground and pound and won in the first quickly in his MMA debut, Big Baby Miller should go the MMA route and sign with KSW. This French Portuguese roid head ex con Izu just beat is currently serving a 4 yr ban for having about 10 PEDs in his system and KSW booked him in the co-main for this card vs Izu

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't see him beating Taylor if they do the fight for undisputed
Hmmm...

That's a whole different type of fight though. Taylor is not that great to me, as in an above and beyond type fighter amongst his peers in 140. I actually thought Rougarou won that fight, but since it was in England they were able to squeak it out for the home town native. I'm not taking anything away from him but he gets hit way too much for me to think he can't be beat. But fuck it, I could be wrong and I may be a little biased :dunno:

I'm going to go on the record and say I don't know who wins that fight. It was always a 50-50 to me. Ramirez's performance tonight was reminiscent of how Teofimo Lopez looked vs Masayo Nakatani: matchup was a hard one to get your arms around (pun intended). I knew Postol's long jabs would make it tough but I thought eventually Ramirez would hit him with something that would clean his clock and the ref would step in and stop it.