Official Boxing Thread

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah I had Taylor winning that fight, I would favor both Taylor and Prograis over Ramirez in a fight tho, i'm just not that high on Ramirez

Hmmm...

That's a whole different type of fight though. Taylor is not that great to me, as in an above and beyond type fighter amongst his peers in 140. I actually thought Rougarou won that fight, but since it was in England they were able to squeak it out for the home town native. I'm not taking anything away from him but he gets hit way too much for me to think he can't be beat. But fuck it, I could be wrong and I may be a little biased :dunno:

I'm going to go on the record and say I don't know who wins that fight. It was always a 50-50 to me. Ramirez's performance tonight was reminiscent of how Teofimo Lopez looked vs Masayo Nakatani: matchup was a hard one to get your arms around (pun intended). I knew Postol's long jabs would make it tough but I thought eventually Ramirez would hit him with something that would clean his clock and the ref would step in and stop it.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
So looks like Whyte vs Povetkin only did in the range of 200-220k sky ppv buys, the rematch should do more tho

The WBA have ranked 45-year-old Sergio Martinez at #6 in their new middleweight ratings after he made a comeback last month

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Here are the ones I listen to, I don't listen to every ep tho it depends on the guest and topics usually and i follow boxing much more than mma

1) SI Boxing with Chris Mannix
2) Fistianados podcast
3) Pug and Copp on the athletic (you need a sub with the athletic for this 1)
4) Last Stand with Brian Custer
5) Mookie & Crookie show

Anyone have any fave boxing and mma podcasts they listen to?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Here are the ones I listen to, I don't listen to every ep tho it depends on the guest and topics usually and i follow boxing much more than mma

1) SI Boxing with Chris Mannix
2) Fistianados podcast
3) Pug and Copp on the athletic (you need a sub with the athletic for this 1)
4) Last Stand with Brian Custer
5) Mookie & Crookie show

Here are some of the ones I have in my rotation ...

- Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell

- The Corner Podcast (MMA, Boxing, Pro Wrestling, Hiphop, and pop culture, etc)

- State of Combat

- Fights Gone By

- Heavy Hands

- Boxing by Sunday Puncher

- The Weekly Scraps Podcast

- The Bash

- MMA By the Numbers

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here are some of the ones I have in my rotation ...

- Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell

- The Corner Podcast (MMA, Boxing, Pro Wrestling, Hiphop, and pop culture, etc)

- State of Combat

- Fights Gone By

- Heavy Hands

- Boxing by Sunday Puncher

- The Weekly Scraps Podcast

- The Bash

- MMA By the Numbers
I’m a casual when it comes to MMA so when I want to add a UFC fight to my parlay I tune into Fight Night Picks. Those two dudes review every card every week.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
I haven't been wagering but have been thinking about dabbling into it, heard that Ring Walk by John Leir is a podcast about boxing picks

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How is Mike doing now? I really haven't ventured over there that much since he left, I remember when he had 20 subscribers. I did tune in to see his reaction when Dillian Whyte got KO'd though.

He seems to be good...he is over 2k subscribers so he is monetized and can get Superchats and whatnot.

I left TBV when he did...they are just too much negative energy and I really didn't appreciate Nes trying to boguard people into signing up for Patreon. He flat out said if you're not paying him he didn't need your support and took the show off YouTube and strictly on Patreon...you see that didn't last long lol.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He seems to be good...he is over 2k subscribers so he is monetized and can get Superchats and whatnot.

I left TBV when he did...they are just too much negative energy and I really didn't appreciate Nes trying to boguard people into signing up for Patreon. He flat out said if you're not paying him he didn't need your support and took the show off YouTube and strictly on Patreon...you see that didn't last long lol.
The show never left Youtube.

He was fighting against getting a lifetime ban because they kept getting flagged for all the "vulgar language" had they gotten one more flag in that 90 day period. So in that time, he went live on Patreon and uploaded the shows on YouTube 7 days later. After the probation period was over, he started doing lives on Youtube again.

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
GRJ saying him and Tank can have a DMV mega event at redskins stadium, every d boy and hustler will be at the fight

I like GRJ a lot as a fighter, but I'm tired of seeing him run his mouth on youtube. He's always calling out/mentioning top competition, but then proceeds to fight guys nobody has ever heard of.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The most entertaining white fighter in boxing. I got money on Loma as well, but Lopes got hands too.
I’m biased, I like Caleb Plant and Joe Smith Jr. :giggle:

Nah but seriously though. Yeah Teofimo got that power punch and Lomachenko has been dropped before. I just have faith Loma can avoid that right hand long enough to rack up the points.