Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn...the machine bout to tear down another Brother.

Got Devin Haney on the front page of CNN for saying he'll never lose to a white boy.

I don't even want to post the article. Any show of Black pride is immediately shut down in this country.

fles

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How the fuck is Danny Garcia in the talks to fight either Pacquioa or Spence.

The fuck he do to get those money fights?

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dazn/Matchroom are just as bad, and Top Rank is far worse.
:lol: I’m sayin though

Folks always talking about PBC this and PBC that, got nothing to say about how bad Matchroom, Golden Boy, Top Rank, MTK Boxing et al and all them weak ass DAZN cards they want you to pay $20/month to watch.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Dazn/Matchroom are just as bad, and Top Rank is far worse.
:lol: I’m sayin though

Folks always talking about PBC this and PBC that, got nothing to say about how bad Matchroom, Golden Boy, Top Rank, MTK Boxing et al and all them weak ass DAZN cards they want you to pay $20/month to watch.
I didn't mention anything about PBC besides their fighters will get to fight their fighters no matter if its deserved

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Which 147lb Crawford opponent was deserving of a shot against him?
Why do u keep bringing up other companies when I'm talking about Danny Garcia n PBC right now because that was the original question posted that i answered

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why do u keep bringing up other companies when I'm talking about Danny Garcia n PBC right now because that was the original question posted that i answered

But you didn't answer him. Heathcliff did. Garcia is the WBC mandatory.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
But you didn't answer him. Heathcliff did. Garcia is the WBC mandatory.
I did answer him i said he's a PBC client so that's why he's the mandatory and even if he wasn't the mandatory he would get the chance because he's a PBC boxer DUH

its quite simple

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I did answer him i said he's a PBC client so that's why he's the mandatory and even if he wasn't the mandatory he would get the chance because he's a PBC boxer DUH

its quite simple

As I mentioned earlier, nearly all contenders are either coming off losses or have lost recently. Since the *only* reason you feel Danny is getting a shot stems from his promotional ties, name some of the contenders who you feel are more deserving.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
As I mentioned earlier, nearly all contenders are either coming off losses or have lost recently. Since the *only* reason you feel Danny is getting a shot stems from his promotional ties, name some of the contenders who you feel are more deserving.
I don't feel he deserves it and that's all that matters and the same recycled fighters just continue to fight the circle

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't feel he deserves it and that's all that matters and the same recycled fighters just continue to fight the circle

I'll ask again. Name the contender or contenders you feel are deserving of a fight against Spence?

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'll ask again. Name the contender or contenders you feel are deserving of a fight against Spence?
I know the question wasn't directed at me but I just want to answer on GP :giggle:

Off the top of my head I would say Crawford, Pacquiao and Keith Thurman. I think there is an African dude out there that holds the IBO so he can go and get that one too.

You can throw Joel Ortiz or Boots Ennis in there but those two need to fight each other before they deserve a title shot at 147 in my opinion.

He could also give Porter a rematch, I think Porter is deserving of a rematch (its mind boggling that them cats didn't have a rematch clause lol). And that Ugas fight would be a good one too. I think Ugas is deserving of another title shot.

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know the question wasn't directed at me but I just want to answer on GP :giggle:

Off the top of my head I would say Crawford, Pacquiao and Keith Thurman. I think there is an African dude out there that holds the IBO so he can go and get that one too.

You can throw Joel Ortiz or Boots Ennis in there but those two need to fight each other before they deserve a title shot at 147 in my opinion.

He could also give Porter a rematch, I think Porter is deserving of a rematch (its mind boggling that them cats didn't have a rematch clause lol). And that Ugas fight would be a good one too. I think Ugas is deserving of another title shot.

Pac and Bud aren't contenders, but I'm with you. I wanna see unification matches. For me, Chief Keef is in the same boat with Garcia, if not a rung below due to Thurman's loss and his inactivity/injuries.

The division isn't real deep with talent, so while Garcia vs Spence isn't a fight I'm clamoring to see, I understand why Garcia's name is in the discussion.

Ennis and the others look promising, but they're extremely unproven (Ugas excluded.) As for Ugas wasn't there some sort of injury he suffered in his last fight. It's been a minute since I saw the fight, but I'm pretty sure something happened to him and he wasn't able to continue.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Pac and Bud aren't contenders, but I'm with you. I wanna see unification matches. For me, Chief Keef is in the same boat with Garcia, if not a rung below due to Thurman's loss and his inactivity/injuries.

The division isn't real deep with talent, so while Garcia vs Spence isn't a fight I'm clamoring to see, I understand why Garcia's name is in the discussion.

Ennis and the others look promising, but they're extremely unproven (Ugas excluded.) As for Ugas wasn't there some sort of injury he suffered in his last fight. It's been a minute since I saw the fight, but I'm pretty sure something happened to him and he wasn't able to continue.
Ain’t got a problem with nothing you said.

I only take exception to your stance on Thurman: he’s the last unified champion in the division. Lost his WBC to inactivity and his only ‘L’ was to a living legend that a lot of people argue he won that fight (not me lol). So for that I think he should still be ranked high on the WBC for another shot at the title barring he win in an eliminator fight.

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ain’t got a problem with nothing you said.

I only take exception to your stance on Thurman: he’s the last unified champion in the division. Lost his WBC to inactivity and his only ‘L’ was to a living legend that a lot of people argue he won that fight (not me lol). So for that I think he should still be ranked high on the WBC for another shot at the title barring he win in an eliminator fight.

I agree with you, and I still like Thurman, but once he beat Collazo he kinda seemed to lose his fire. He chose to let fights 'marinate' rather than be a fighting champion and stay busy. The layoffs/injuries took their toll and his outing against Lopez was disastrous. If Lopez had more stamina Thurman never makes it to a Pac fight as an undefeated champion.
I wouldn't be opposed to Thurman leapfrogging Garcia to fight Spence, but I understand the logic if Garcia were to get the nod. He's won his last few fights, he's been the busier guy, and he typically fights in a more entertaining style. Spence vs Crawford is easily the fight everyone wants to see, but we all know it aint happening anytime soon. Any combo of Spence, Porter, Garcia, Thurman (and even Pac to an extent) aren't all that exciting. I'll definitely watch the fights, but they're second tier compared to Spence vs Crawford.

Last edited:

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On a second note: This is way DAZN won't succeed in the US. Who on earth has time for a prime time fight in the middle of the day in the US? There is football, people out doing shit, tons of shit going on Saturdays.

Well well well. Many people have been predicting DAZN wouldn't last. COVID-19 been exposing a lot of fragile business models

:puzzled:

Last edited:

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Next week when forbes highest paid athletes 2020 list comes out AJ should be top 4 on the list and there might be 6 boxers total in that top 100 list of athletes. The money is def going to be lower for next year tho, that will probably be across all sports not just boxers

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I haven't done this in a couple years but since things have calmed down and fights are about to start trickling back up:

Tuesday June 9
stevenson-marriaga%20(1).jpg

Saturday June 13
kirkland.jpg

Saturday July 18
anthony-joshua.jpg

Last edited:

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
idk if Hearn will let AJ fight without a gate since it would draw at least $10-12 mil on the gate for the Pulev fight if not more.

Last edited:

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
idk if Hearn will let AJ fight without a gate since it would raw at least $10-12 mil on the gate for the Pulev fight if not more.
Man Bob Arum been on multiple interviews since COVID saying they're working to all types of avenues to hold fights even without crowds :dunno:

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
I feel like thats for the boxers that aren't drawing millions in gate revenue like Shakur coming up, Loma and Teo they might do it just b/c that fight may not happen if you don't do it in 2020 with Teo probably not able to make 135 lbs for much longer. The boxers that usually draw millions at the gate won't like the pay cut they'd have to take

Man Bob Arum been on multiple interviews since COVID saying they're working to all types of avenues to hold fights even without crowds :dunno:

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Forbes is off and need to figure more with some of the boxers for this list. Forbes doesn't use calendar year and uses June 2019-June 2020 year for these calculations.

First of all, it should've been 6 boxers to make the top 100 rather than just these 4 with Manny and GGG missing. They're short on Fury's earnings as he made about $52 mil between the 3 boxing matches he had, add $7 mil in endorsements and then whatever he got from WWE and book publishing deal should've been at least $60mil+ and maybe $70mil+.

Also short on AJ's earnings, AJ has 1 fight there for Ruiz rematch but they need to figure more on that saudi money and it broke all time Sky sports ppv record, AJ made at least around $75 mil on that fight on top of the $11mil in endorsements AJ should've been at least $85 mil+ if not $90mil+.
Wilder's is accurate as he got $20 mil vs Ortiz, $26 mil vs Fury and $500k in endorsements.

Canelo's is also accurate as he only had 1 fight vs Kovalev for his $35 mil flat rate and $2 mil in endorsements.

Manny should've been on the list as he got at least his $20mil guarantee vs thurman on top of around $2mil in endorsements which means he should've broke in somewhere on the bottom of the list from 1 fight.

GGG also had 2 fights and per his DAZN deal got $30 mil for them, thing is only $15 mil of it is in cash and the other $15mil was in DAZN equity, so if Forbes is only calculating cash as that equity could be potentially worthless than he wouldn't make the list