Official Boxing Thread

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Spence said he coming back in June. Pacquiao said he wanted his next fight in June. A fight with Spence will be on PPV. Pacquiao still got like one or two more fights left with PBC. Will Eddie Hearn give Manny $20M+ to fight on an app?

I could be wrong be we shall see.
I believe Mikey signed to DAZN on a per fight basis so he is effectively a free agent. He did the same with PBC. So if he fought PAC it would likely be on PBC / Fox not DAZN. I don’t believe DAZN and PBC have done any joint fights and I don’t see it right now. [correction Joshua - Ruiz, PBC has been willing to send over B-sides] So I think Pac-Man may go Spence or Danny Garcia. I don’t think they get the big money he requires with a PPV against Mikey. Not after just a win against Vargas and a blowout loss to Spence. Plus PBC seems to pay extra to keep fights in house. Shit Pac might end up fighting Conor Mcgregor who knows with him.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Spence said he coming back in June. Pacquiao said he wanted his next fight in June. A fight with Spence will be on PPV. Pacquiao still got like one or two more fights left with PBC. Will Eddie Hearn give Manny $20M+ to fight on an app?

I could be wrong be we shall see.

Eddie been trying to woo a bunch of people with what appears to be large money. It hasnt really worked yet.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Spence needs to sit down and recover. He had a grueling fight with porter then had a serious accident a month later. Dude needs to ease himself back in the game.

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You sure about that? :lol:

I mean I aint trying to be funny but I’m here in Dallas for the weekend. Two Mexicans just fought last night and that bitch wasn’t even sold out. Only time Mexican money is long is when Canelo or De La Hoya fighting.

I’ll bet that Mikey made more fighting Vargas yesterday, than Spence and Crawford made combined for their last fight.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The tale of two tweets:

Two minutes later....

I didn't even bet on the fight cause I was listening to folks all weekend saying that Kownacki was going to end him in 3 rounds.

But I knew from Helenius' RD 2 performance Kownacki was going to be in for a long night.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
I mean i always thought he got hit too easily but thought he had an elite chin to hold up. I know he's said before if he could make 250 it'd prolly be really good for him, same with Ruiz, Whyte, Briggs all said they wanna target that 250 lb weight. Idk how many of them 4 will be able to make the 250

I really wonder if we over hyped Kownacki?

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I really wonder if we over hyped Kownacki?
I don't think we did. His fighting style had us rating him appropriately but it was a matter of time before that head first come forward shit caught up with him. Especially against a dude with length.

I just wish it would've been Gerald Washington instead of Helenius. That one would've made more sense in my opinion :giggle:

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's boxing for you. Fuck the fighters health concerns. They are just beasts for our entertainment (the promoter and fan perspective). You not gonna cancel the fight cause of TV and gambling.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I was kind of excited to see James Kirkland back at it :smh:

Without Ann Wolfe and Pops in his corner, he won't go far anyways.
If he had them in his corner, I'd believe this whole comeback thing.
Its really sad that they can't make amends for one last run at the title.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just rewatched Mayweather/Corley this fight was much better than I remembered, Chop Chop actually shook Mayweather up several times, check out the 4th round one of the best in the fight.