Official BGOL Crypto Currency Thread ★★★★★

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just a reminder to be careful with new/unknown projects. Because people tend to be sensitive about their investments, I don't normally speak on things people mention here or IRL. It doesn't matter if it's $20 or $20000 don't lose your money to scammers.

the creator of the smart contract built in a way so that you could not sell the token as the price was rising. Clearly you could still buy the token. The twitter link gives more details.

From what I understand, the people who bought the token were fortunate that the smart contract didn't give the creators permission to take other tokens/nfts in their wallet.

Bruh thats all kinds of fucked up...

thats why KYD must be a thing know your team/developers....

behind the project

in fact Im only big risk investing in shit where the team behind it

is transparent...

so there is no way they could track these fuckers down huh they need their asses beat??

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bruh thats all kinds of fucked up...

thats why KYD must be a thing know your team/developers....

behind the project

in fact Im only big risk investing in shit where the team behind it

is transparent...

so there is no way they could track these fuckers down huh they need their asses beat??

I doubt they can be found. At best, maybe exchanges could stop them from selling off the stolen assets used to get the token.

I get what saying about knowing the team, but known people run scams too. Yes, it make it easier to find them and hold them accountable, but we've seen people claim it was a mistake and a third-party took advantage of it. In this instance, better review of the smart contract would have prevented this. Apparently they didn't attempt to hide what they were doing. People just over looked or dismissed what was in the code/contract.

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I played around with some of the DAOs. Time Wonderland is the most successful and there is still money to be made there. My advice if you do decide to jump in, is to not be afraid to take profits. Just like any other crpto it is very volatile and has big swings. Take some profits off the table if you're in the green.

Also stay from the leveraging it. I've seen some flash crashes which may indicate some manipulation because there are whales that do some major shake outs.

Otherwise I see some big things happening in the space. You might want to diversify with some of the other major DAOs but it's a good play IMHO.

I get what your saying. I actually put in around when Time was $3800 its $3300 now but I get some much interest in Memo that when it goes back up it can pull profits earlier because I’m end up having more from than when I started. I’m gonna try OlympusDao also.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
So much to keep up with crypto, it's easy to miss shit. For anyone still holding Cardano, check out the MELD year-end update below. Keep in mind they been working with Plutus backedn since March 2021. They ain't some random FUDers. Apparently, folks don't even want to work on that shit. :smh:

Basically, what MELD is saying lines up perfectly with what Cardano detractors been saying about the smart contract launch and contradicts Charles. This seems like the most truthful breakdown of Cardano that people going to get.

For now, MELD started as a Cardano project and is determined to stay so in the foreseeable future. Early platforms take time to mature so we have to practice patience more than expected. Nevertheless, as eager developers, we did enjoy the daily challenges. We also prefer to develop from principles and treat products as profound works. As such, being early in Cardano allows us to stay closer to the core progress of the ecosystem itself.

We have to confront the truth that developing on Cardano, or any young ecosystem for the matter, is brutal. Cardano possesses further challenges given its not-very-industry-friendly technical stack. It is sometimes challenging to get the right things up, even for experienced Haskell and Nix engineers. It gets way worse for our interns and newcomers to the ecosystem. The relatively high system requirements and lack of documentation do not help either. A few detailed pain points can be found in input-output-hk/plutus-apps#180 Plutus on Hackage/Stackage.

As an ambitious R&D-driven effort, we have to recruit and train many engineers to work in the Cardano ecosystem. A few brilliants have refused to join or given up so far. While we cannot tell the exact reasons, we believe it would be easier to convince them if the developer experience was better, i.e., to help them feel more productive with their time and talents. After all, there are still many good opportunities outside of MELD and Cardano for these bright minds.

Cardano currently has a tight transaction size limit, and for good reasons. However, this limitation makes it hard for dApps to include many scripts in a single transaction for composability and clarity. We have faced many challenges representing complex application logic within the current limit and had to resort to hacky or semi-trustful designs at times. The aftereffect is that dApp development is very inefficient and error-prone. Sometimes we feel like spending most of the time reasoning about security properties, contract architectures on UTxO, ad-hoc script size optimizations instead of working on actual application logic. It is not the end of the world, but an apparent overhead when expanding dApp functionalities and inviting more builders to Cardano.

tekwehuself

Immigrant Expat
International Member
So much to keep up with crypto, it's easy to miss shit. For anyone still holding Cardano, check out the MELD year-end update below. Keep in mind they been working with Plutus backedn since March 2021. They ain't some random FUDers. Apparently, folks don't even want to work on that shit. :smh:

Basically, what MELD is saying lines up perfectly with what Cardano detractors been saying about the smart contract launch and contradicts Charles. This seems like the most truthful breakdown of Cardano that people going to get.

For now, MELD started as a Cardano project and is determined to stay so in the foreseeable future. Early platforms take time to mature so we have to practice patience more than expected. Nevertheless, as eager developers, we did enjoy the daily challenges. We also prefer to develop from principles and treat products as profound works. As such, being early in Cardano allows us to stay closer to the core progress of the ecosystem itself.

We have to confront the truth that developing on Cardano, or any young ecosystem for the matter, is brutal. Cardano possesses further challenges given its not-very-industry-friendly technical stack. It is sometimes challenging to get the right things up, even for experienced Haskell and Nix engineers. It gets way worse for our interns and newcomers to the ecosystem. The relatively high system requirements and lack of documentation do not help either. A few detailed pain points can be found in input-output-hk/plutus-apps#180 Plutus on Hackage/Stackage.

As an ambitious R&D-driven effort, we have to recruit and train many engineers to work in the Cardano ecosystem. A few brilliants have refused to join or given up so far. While we cannot tell the exact reasons, we believe it would be easier to convince them if the developer experience was better, i.e., to help them feel more productive with their time and talents. After all, there are still many good opportunities outside of MELD and Cardano for these bright minds.

Cardano currently has a tight transaction size limit, and for good reasons. However, this limitation makes it hard for dApps to include many scripts in a single transaction for composability and clarity. We have faced many challenges representing complex application logic within the current limit and had to resort to hacky or semi-trustful designs at times. The aftereffect is that dApp development is very inefficient and error-prone. Sometimes we feel like spending most of the time reasoning about security properties, contract architectures on UTxO, ad-hoc script size optimizations instead of working on actual application logic. It is not the end of the world, but an apparent overhead when expanding dApp functionalities and inviting more builders to Cardano.

I have some cardano. The worst performing asset without a doubt.

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I see you gotta have a strategy with this shit. At least for me. I ain't tryin to keep up with all these coins and shit. My thing is just generating passive income. I setup a LP in Shibaswap just to see what it do. Only 600 bucks back on 12-4. 12-31 it had generated 31 bone. At first didn't think much of it. THen it hit me.

If you were offered a savings acct where you put in 600 dollars and generated 50 dollas a month would you do it?

So now thinking about splitting up a couple grand amongst the different pools and staking 20 mil Shib tokens and see what it do.

Take profits and stick em in Anchor Protocol for that 19% APY.

Setup up crypto savings with BLockfi and Celsius 100 a month BTC.

Right now SHibaSwap is an ETH trap like a mothafucka but I ain't plan on taking anything out anyway. But with Shiba comin out with it's own blockchain The Shibarium and Shibaswap V2 using Bone instead of ETH for transaction fees...They lookin real good to me.

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
any virtual land owners in here? I recently got put on to TCG World. Got a few plots of land and some tokens. Now I guess its time to figure this out

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
I see you gotta have a strategy with this shit. At least for me. I ain't tryin to keep up with all these coins and shit. My thing is just generating passive income. I setup a LP in Shibaswap just to see what it do. Only 600 bucks back on 12-4. 12-31 it had generated 31 bone. At first didn't think much of it. THen it hit me.

If you were offered a savings acct where you put in 600 dollars and generated 50 dollas a month would you do it?

So now thinking about splitting up a couple grand amongst the different pools and staking 20 mil Shib tokens and see what it do.

Take profits and stick em in Anchor Protocol for that 19% APY.

Setup up crypto savings with BLockfi and Celsius 100 a month BTC.

Right now SHibaSwap is an ETH trap like a mothafucka but I ain't plan on taking anything out anyway. But with Shiba comin out with it's own blockchain The Shibarium and Shibaswap V2 using Bone instead of ETH for transaction fees...They lookin real good to me.

Not to fond of bitmart, but it see they offer high apy on stable coins.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
None of yall in here talking about Kazakhstan and the fact that it was one of the major BTC mining hubs in the world? One of the hubs of Silk Road?

They shut down internet there because the people rioted against the govt and Covid mandates. Govt subsequently resigned yesterday.

Then this just happened.

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not to fond of bitmart, but it see they offer high apy on stable coins.

I'm fuckin wit Anchor for the Luna ecosystem. 19.45% on deposit. THen you can borrow up to 50% on your collateral. THen Anchor is gonna pay you a high percentage in the native Anchor token. The plan is to then stake the Anchor tokens or dump the loan right back into the UST deposit.

Rinse and Repeat

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
None of yall in here talking about Kazakhstan and the fact that it was one of the major BTC mining hubs in the world? One of the hubs of Silk Road?

They shut down internet there because the people rioted against the govt and Covid mandates. Govt subsequently resigned yesterday.

Then this just happened.

Yeah, it's been a wild day. I need more though to purge these shitcoiner diamond handers. :lol:

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm fuckin wit Anchor for the Luna ecosystem. 19.45% on deposit. THen you can borrow up to 50% on your collateral. THen Anchor is gonna pay you a high percentage in the native Anchor token. The plan is to then stake the Anchor tokens or dump the loan right back into the UST deposit.

Rinse and Repeat

:yes: Nice. How are the transaction fees on Luna? Are they similar to SOL and AVAX?

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Rinse and Repeat

So your staking anchor coins and then flip the profit into UST? Or are you staking UST at 19%, this shit is confusing :lol:. Also what is the period of time you have to stake to receive the 19%

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So your staking anchor coins and then flip the profit into UST? Or are you staking UST at 19%, this shit is confusing :lol:. Also what is the period of time you have to stake to receive the 19%

Lol. I'm gonna find one of the youtube vids I learned from in a minute but...Look at Anchor like a savings acct that yields 19.45% APY. So my plan is just to add money to it all year instead of putting in a bank and getting jack shit interest. Matter of fact whateva you put in a bank you have less each year if it just sits there.

So. Anchor is in the Terra Luna ecosystem. It's just one protocol but there's a few of them. So what you deposit is UST which is a stablecoin in the Terra Luna ecosystem. Now...you can also borrow against what you have put in. So if you deposit 2k then you can borrow up to 60% against that. But you don't have to borrow anything if you don't want to. Also you can borrow up to 60 but if you wanna be super safe just borrow 20 or 10 or whateva you need for whateva you gonna do.

So since there's no payment for the loan. You can take as long as you like to pay it back as long as your loan/value ratio stays good. The only way you can fuck up is borrowing to max on every deposit AND UST crashes. Kinda unlikely but anythings possible so just play it safe.

What I'm gonna do is deposit the money from the loan into the savings balance.

Ok...couple more deposits. get another loan. Take the money from that and buy Anchor tokens and Stake em. THey payin out rewards 128%. That's multiple times more than it costs for the loan. So you just maximizing everything the ecosystem offers.

And Anchor is just one. THey got a bunch I ain't even looked at yet like Spectrum and Nexo and others. It's just endless opportunities.

Oh yeah. The staking has nothing to do with the savings acct. You get 19.45% APY on the account.

Last edited:

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok this guy gives a good overview but he's talking about Bonding Luna to borrow against it but I'm just gonna borrow against my deposits.

This guy started a year ago and I'm starting following this plan. Basically he documented his weekly deposits into Anchor.

This vid he explains the reason for borrowing and staking.

These vids are 6 months old but if you interested you can go thru his vids and see the progress and the changes he made along the way.

As far as the Luna ecosystem...some think it's about to blow.

carsun1000

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
My polygon, doge, Shiba been nosediving for a week or so now. Not sure if this is good or bad...yall tell me please.

Last edited:

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
LRC & MANA are the top two contenders by the looks of it.

LRC is up 15%

GameStop also is close to signing partnerships with two crypto companies to share technology and co-invest in the development of games that use blockchain and NFT technology, as well as other NFT-related projects, the people said. The retailer expects to enter into similar agreements with a dozen or more crypto companies and invest tens of millions of dollars in them this year, the people said.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My polygon, doge, Shiba been nosedive for a week or so now. Not sure if this is good or bad...yall tell me please.

Bruh everything is down due to federal fud..... in this crypto game its the whales and the folks who

hold on that end up getting bags.. to be honest.. day traders usually just break even they have great days

that get balances out by their red days... but those that just hang in there, tend to get the cash out lovely bag...

I havent been following shiba for a minute, but it was definitely a buy and hold..

I think it could still be a winner, I just sold mine and went all in with saitama...

which is definitely a buy and hodle hodle hodle

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My polygon, doge, Shiba been nosedive for a week or so now. Not sure if this is good or bad...yall tell me please.

Glad I was pulling out polygon profit week and a half ago.still got a bunch but anything over a set amount comes with me.i got suspicious around the time that diamond hands meme started making the rounds cause before it was called left holding the bag.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Glad I was pulling out polygon profit week and a half ago.still got a bunch but anything over a set amount comes with me.i got suspicious around the time that diamond hands meme started making the rounds cause before it was called left holding the bag.

Hey you do what you have to do, but I would hold on, a lot of this shit going on now,

Is due to the civil unrest in Khazakistan, they shut down the internet from what I understand,

shutting down the worlds second biggest mining hub.. that shit sent shockwaves across the crypto

globe... Civil Unrest never last forever bruh...

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hey you do what you have to do, but I would hold on, a lot of this shit going on now,

Is due to the civil unrest in Khazakistan, they shut down the internet from what I understand,

shutting down the worlds second biggest mining hub.. that shit sent shockwaves across the crypto

globe... Civil Unrest never last forever bruh...

Wasn't really worried about it..I took profits cause it was time to take profits.im glad I took em before shit dropped is all Im sayin.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wasn't really worried about it..I took profits cause it was time to take profits.im glad I took em before shit dropped is all Im sayin.

Smart thats also a wise option take them profits especially when fuckin

with meme coins.. but like the song goes...

you gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em...

its all a risk, but to really cash out with that bag..

its normally a do your research find a good solid coin with

a good solid team and community behind it, and hold...

there are folks that sold millions of bitcoin at 25 cents..

can you imagine if they held on a few years....