Official BGOL Crypto Currency Thread ★★★★★

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
Might be a good idea to scoop up some PRL

All,

Earlier today, it was discovered that the transferDirector function was utilized on the Oyster Protocol token contract. This allowed the new director to re-open the ICO for PRL and re-issue new tokens (1 ETH = 5000 PRL / .04 per PRL). The individual in question then sent these tokens (upwards from 3M PRL) to KuCoin where the tokens were market sold. They were able to extract ~$300,000 in funds prior to us being able to shut down trading and withdrawals on KuCoin.

Despite Oyster passing three separate smart contract audits, directorship of the token contract had to remain open so that the peg could be adjusted over time. Bruno Block, the original founder and chief architect of the project, was the only one who had the ability to transfer directorship within the PRL smart contract. After our initial review, we are inclined to believe that these were solely the actions of Bruno Block and that he did this now to avoid detection from KuCoin KYC procedures (that will be implemented on November 1st). These KYC procedures would have limited withdrawals on Non-KYC’ed accounts to no more than 2 BTC per day and would have prevented this from happening. This was well-orchestrated and well-executed (at a time when he knew a majority of the KC team would be offline). This also caught the entire team outside of Bruno Block by surprise, as the team collectively holds ~5% of the total supply in personal wallets. The team has been working tirelessly on this since day 1, without pay at some points in time. This project has been built on the back of hard work and raw determination and we will not let Bruno’s role is a bad actor in all of this undermine a project that the entire rest of the team is completely devoted to.

For those of you holding PRL, your PRL holdings are safe. We are still evaluating our options, but will most likely be executing a contract swap on the block just prior to this all happening (e.g. All 98.5 million PRL prior to the contract vulnerability will be exchanged on a 1:1 ratio to PEARL (or something to that effect)). We will also be evaluating how we can help those that were taken advantage of from this incident. More details to come here but we will do our best to make everyone whole. Despite the losses, $300k only represents ~1.5% of our market cap prior to this all transpiring. While this is far from ideal, this will most definitely not be a deathknell for the project.

So where do we go from here?

We are continuing to investigate this but could use your help along the way. Here are the withdrawal addresses that Bruno withdrew the funds he sold on KuCoin to:

ETH: 0x0001Ee57Bb28415742248d946D35C7f87cfd5A54

BTC: 17pwqhD9dLGMcMZD9xvKxiePHNffHV5T6y

We are also interested in obtaining any information that folks may have around Bruno’s potential identity. Despite working alongside him for the last 10 months, Bruno has always maintained his anonymity. After I took over the CEO role, Bruno’s activity within the project dropped off sharply. If you have any information on who Bruno may be or where these funds may be directed towards, please reach out to us via e-mail to discuss further.

In the interim, our team will be working around the clock to remedy this situation. We don’t know why Bruno did what he did or what his intentions were at the end of the day, outside of profiting from a loophole that he intentionally left in the smart contract. While I still take full responsibility for this all transpiring, I had no reason to believe Bruno would do something like this to harm the project and much of the work that he had a significant role in creating. We will not let his selfish actions today damage the long-term viability of the project.

Studio718

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I like them, don't like the supply though
For you to G off they would need it to go .50-$1.00 With that supply it's impossible

They did a 1:1000 swap just like Vechain increasing the supply because pundix is the currency for their POS machines

Iota showed yall thar a big supply doesn't matter.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
I'm debating on dropping 500 on Pundi X.

If they can get anywhere near the traction that Wechat/pay has in China this could be a nice ROI.

The XPhone is dope but has along way to go.

An RnB Thug

Platinum Member
They did a 1:1000 swap just like Vechain increasing the supply because pundix is the currency for their POS machines

Iota showed yall thar a big supply doesn't matter.

*EDIT
Dogz, IOTA has 2.7 Billion @ .45
they have 280 Billion.....
Listen, I'm NOT saying you won't make money.
I am saying you will NOT strike it rich.
When you start doing the math it's mind boggling.
At only .25 the company would have to be worth about 70 Billion Dollars. Amazon and Apple are worth 1 Trillion each

Last edited:

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
It'd be $70 Billion fam, plus 280 billion is the total supply not the circulating supply (126 Billion).

An RnB Thug

Platinum Member
It'd be $70 Billion fam, plus 280 billion is the total supply not the circulating supply (126 Billion).

Doesn't matter if it's not circulating. Those other coins (wherever they are)
would be worth the same as the (circulating coins) by default

legz

Star
BGOL Investor
Doesn't matter if it's not circulating. Those other coins (wherever they are)
would be worth the same as the (circulating coins) by default

Part of the excess supply is being distributed to holders each month. I currently get a little more than 7% of my wallet each month. Other parts of the supply burn with each transaction. It will take some time but the supply will come down and the value will increase. Until then I’m cool with the growth each month if the price stays stagnant.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I hope im wrong, but the space may be dying slowly.From what I'm reading, a lot of the major buying is OTC, so how will this increase the price for retail investors short term. Almost every major project is behind schedule or doesn't have much if any real world usage. No one cares about coins/tokens hitting major exchanges like Coinbase. You still have fan boys downing other projects.

On top of that, some of the factors that lead to the masses rise last year are gone such as tether possibly inflating the price of bitcoin, Asian countries easily being able to buy/trade, USA confusion around tax laws and the ICO hype.

If you are willing to wait two to three years, the space may return. At some point an ETF will be approved. Major institutional backing like Bakt(?) May help. And I guess if you are waiting for the halving that could help.

One of the only tokens I'm trying not to get rid of is XRP. At least Ripple (A real company) is attempting to drive usage by Xrapid and they are growing the eco system with Ripple net. However, the same issue of OTC buying may not allow retail investors see any value increase. There are other companies and apps trying to use XRP as well.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I hope im wrong, but the space may be dying slowly.From what I'm reading, a lot of the major buying is OTC, so how will this increase the price for retail investors short term. Almost every major project is behind schedule or doesn't have much if any real world usage. No one cares about coins/tokens hitting major exchanges like Coinbase. You still have fan boys downing other projects.

On top of that, some of the factors that lead to the masses rise last year are gone such as tether possibly inflating the price of bitcoin, Asian countries easily being able to buy/trade, USA confusion around tax laws and the ICO hype.

If you are willing to wait two to three years, the space may return. At some point an ETF will be approved. Major institutional backing like Bakt(?) May help. And I guess if you are waiting for the halving that could help.

One of the only tokens I'm trying not to get rid of is XRP. At least Ripple (A real company) is attempting to drive usage by Xrapid and they are growing the eco system with Ripple net. However, the same issue of OTC buying may not allow retail investors see any value increase. There are other companies and apps trying to use XRP as well.
I don't think you're wrong. Tether, the market not being regulated, and crazy speculation caused 2017. Government putting an end to the pump and dumping. And hard to pump speculation when private chains are up and running. No more of that 'partnering with (insert big company)' bullshit. Too many private chains are proving blockchain doesn't need crypto.

In two to three years, private chains by IBM, Walmart, and so on will be running shit.

I agree with you on XRP, but also feel BTC is still a play. People need to switch strategies up.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don't think you're wrong. Tether, the market not being regulated, and crazy speculation caused 2017. Government putting an end to the pump and dumping. And hard to pump speculation when private chains are up and running. No more of that 'partnering with (insert big company)' bullshit. Too many private chains are proving blockchain doesn't need crypto.

In two to three years, private chains by IBM, Walmart, and so on will be running shit.

I agree with you on XRP, but also feel BTC is still a play. People need to switch strategies up.

I thought BTC would end the year between 8000 to 10000.However, the price may dip lower if none of the upcoming events have an impact. I think the pending events are the only thing holding the price at the current levels.

I thought the people in the market before December would drive up the price, but either they have given up on buying or are waiting for a cheaper price. People think the price could drop to 2/3000 but who's to say anyone would buy at that level.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm only looking to invest in companies that have working products.

ICO's are probably dead as far as making money.

That's part of the problem. Most tokens are not companies. They were thrown millions of dollars from an ICO and don't know anything about running a company. Even for the teams that have the best of intention, they are programmers first ,have very little business knowledge, and worst are not unboarding talent that can help.

A good example of this to me is Siacoin. It's a good project, is working and still being improved on. However, bad calls from the team hurt the price. Siacoin should at least be at 5 to 10 cent.

I've been thinking about buying stock in companies like IBM that are adopting blockchain technology.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

ya it’s a little disheartening but this seems to be the harsh reality of it right now

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
I think we have to change the way we view crypto.

Blockchain tech is being adopted faster than we realize.

I'm looking at anything that I invest in with a 5 year window.

After checking out a few developers conferences lets me know that we're not even at the tip of the iceberg of crypto/blockchain technology.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think we have to change the way we view crypto.

Blockchain tech is being adopted faster than we realize.

I'm looking at anything that I invest in with a 5 year window.

After checking out a few developers conferences lets me know that we're not even at the tip of the iceberg of crypto/blockchain technology.
I feel the same way. Its just the hype of 2017 brought on a lot of bad actors and fueled unsustainable expectations. The atmosphere needs to be cleansed and genuine organic catalyst needs to boost the next run i.e. CBOE ETF etc.

I had an excellent learning experience. Now I'm anchored down on the projects i believe in and not looking to capitalize before the next 36-48 mos.

legz

Star
BGOL Investor
I feel the same way. Its just the hype of 2017 brought on a lot of bad actors and fueled unsustainable expectations. The atmosphere needs to be cleansed and genuine organic catalyst needs to boost the next run i.e. CBOE ETF etc.

I had an excellent learning experience. Now I'm anchored down on the projects i believe in and not looking to capitalize before the next 36-48 mos.

Same here. Holding the projects I believe in. Hopefully the SEC rules to reverse the ETF denials from the summer.