ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
NZEg8KH.gif

8led4FY.gif%27

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Shazam cannot blame reviews for this one.

This opening box office it was projected for by experts almost hit it exactly.

*ahem* but Antman gets no credit for shattering first week projections just saying.

I have no idea what happened here....

Did the Black Adam stink rub off on this movie since they are technically related?

The lead actor started talking a whole lot of bullsh*t (anti vaxx etc) JUST when positive buzz was greatly needed?

Audiences don't want to invest in a character who may be missing from future plans?

Many didn't like the first one?

The trailers were underwhelming?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Shazam! Fury of the Gods was merely cranky at the box office this weekend, with a $30 million domestic opening. Its international release was even more disappointing, with IndieWire noting that the DC flick made less that $210 per theater in China.

The film’s underperformance echoes that of Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania, which had the biggest second week drop-off in MCU history. Box office watchers are now asking: are people over comic book movies? Are we finally in the terminal stages of sequilitis? The former question remains to be answered, but the latter is fully rebuffed by the rest of this week’s box office top 3. Scream VI is number 2 with a $17.5 million second week, followed by Creed III which is projected to soon pass $150 million. Maybe it’s the Roman numerals? All these movies are expected to take a back seat next weekend when John Wick: Chapter 4 comes in, guns blazing.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Less Lightning

PRAISE: I have been trying to remember if Captain Marvel/Shazam still had the mind of a pre teen/teenager in the animated shows and comics like he does in these recent films which I find kind of annoying. I'm glad some portions of this movie focused on the character growing up because that's exactly what I wanted him to do.
Ok I was amused by some of the jokes in the film and the dramatic moments were effective. I thought Rachel Zegler was a great and charming addition to the cast. I thought the villains Kalypso and Hespera portrayed by Helen Mirren and Lucy Liu,were ok it was their display of various powers that impressed me.Theres some great SFX work, some of which reminded me of the old Ray Harryhausen
movies.

PROBLEMS: The first movie had this great and unexpected balance of darkness and humor and I felt this movie was lacking that. It's as if the writers and Director said let's play up the silliness and childishness. I say why ignore most of what made the first film very good? Some of the movie is eye rolling silly making characters look foolish and then some. Zachary Levi turns in a copy and paste performance. There is a way to play this character ,a little over confident and arrogant. Talking down to a villain sarcastically. In this Billy Batson is more mature than Shazam. There is a scene that would have been far more effective with especially what it's linked to but unfortunately someone at the WB decided to spoil it in the TV ads. One of the biggest ad fails ever.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 5½

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Less Lightning

PRAISE: I have been trying to remember if Captain Marvel/Shazam still had the mind of a pre teen/teenager in the animated shows and comics like he does in these recent films which I find kind of annoying. I'm glad some portions of this movie focused on the character growing up because that's exactly what I wanted him to do.
Ok I was amused by some of the jokes in the film and the dramatic moments were effective. I thought Rachel Zegler was a great and charming addition to the cast. I thought the villains Kalypso and Hespera portrayed by Helen Mirren and Lucy Liu,were ok it was their display of various powers that impressed me.Theres some great SFX work, some of which reminded me of the old Ray Harryhausen
movies.

PROBLEMS: The first movie had this great and unexpected balance of darkness and humor and I felt this movie was lacking that. It's as if the writers and Director said let's play up the silliness and childishness. I say why ignore most of what made the first film very good? Some of the movie is eye rolling silly making characters look foolish and then some. Zachary Levi turns in a copy and paste performance. There is a way to play this character ,a little over confident and arrogant. Talking down to a villain sarcastically. In this Billy Batson is more mature than Shazam. There is a scene that would have been far more effective with especially what it's linked to but unfortunately someone at the WB decided to spoil it in the TV ads. One of the biggest ad fails ever.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 5½

Great review

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
All of y'all tripping. I just saw on the news this had a number one box office weekend beating creed 3 65 and a t man 3 although hats not saying much the only complaint I have is Zachary Levi over doing it and it wasn't that bad. It was better than most of phase 4 facts.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Less Lightning

movies.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 5½

In the BEST version of the comics etc It is exactly the conflict of Billy bring in a man body and going through life not really being himself never being comfortable in his own skin.

Imagine a "better" version of you existing.

Why would you ever change back? Would you embrace it or resent it. And what about when they are the same "age" as your other you?

Remember Captain Marvel/Shazam has the wisdom of Solomon. How does that work in a teenage mind?

Are they the same person? Or is Billy controlling an avatar or an entirely different person? Depending on the comic it varies.

In the right hands? This character had potential to be awesome especially with the ancient gods and monsters. Andto have a loyal fan base GROW UP along side Billy and the rest of the family.

If I was Gunn I'm not just dumping this character. I'm switching put Levi and keeping the kid and writing an epic tale of self discovery maturity conflict responsibility and power.

Last edited:

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you hated the first movie don't even bother watching this.
They should've given Helen all of Lucy's lines. Lucy Liu sucks in this movie lol. Terrible casting.
Megan good wasn't bad at all.
Djimon been good in every movie.

You are correct with your quoted statement. I didn't care for the 1st film.
Someone sent me a link on the current movie. And both films I just do not like.
Maybe I expected more and maybe I am a little harsh because Shazam/Captain Marvel
was one of my favorite comic book characters.

Maybe I am pissed because its the 5th comic book character that has been placed
in a motion picture and it has been complete trash.
Silver Surfer, Hulk, Green Lantern and Apocalypse have been brutal to watch in films.

So please movie execs. please do no touch Adam Warlock. However, with the mentioning
of his character in the last Guardians Of The Galaxy movie. It's inevitable they will fuck it up as well.

I like Lucy Liu but damn she sucked in this film.

IMO.. Black Adam was WAY better!

I agree with you. I like Black Adam more than both shazam movies.

I just finished watching this movie off the internet!!..So glad that I did!!..
This movie wasn't good!!..Save your money and don't go and see it!!.. :smh:

Hell, The first one was better than this one and that's not sayin too much!!..:smh:

Bruh you aint lying. :lol: