**New trailer ** The Shazam Family in SHAZAM FURY OF THE GODS March 17, 2023

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Gunn seems to be a Morrison fan. If so, this book could be what the DCEU's future looks like.
Screenshot_20230322-1308012.png
Nah no messy multiverse shit. Weve already seen marble and their struggle verse and wack ass variants in Dr strange.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Blue beetle might suffer the same fate as shazam. That trailer better be amazing.

I actually think this is gonna do well.

I think the latino public will support it

the character has a young and faithful (ok small) fanbase

and I think it being NEW?

Its gonna do OK

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Zachary Levi addresses disappointing Shazam 2 box office, says marketing is the 'biggest issue'

The Fury of the Gods star also weighed in on reports that Dwayne Johnson blocked Black Adam characters from showing up in the Shazam sequel.

By Devan CogganUpdated March 21, 2023 at 08:52 PM EDT

The superhero Shazam may have the wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles, and the speed of Mercury — but Shazam! Fury of the Gods failed to take flight at the box office.
The DC sequel opened to an underwhelming $30.1 million at the domestic box office, considerably lower than the $53.5 million the first film earned in 2019. On Twitter, star Zachary Levi opened up about the disappointing debut, blaming the soft box office on how the movie was promoted and sold.
In a fan Q&A, Levi wrote that the "biggest issue" with Fury of the Gods was "marketing." He also said that while he's not blaming the box office on Zack Snyder fans, he acknowledged that there is a particularly vocal cadre of Snyder devotees online who eagerly root for any other DC project to fail.

Zachary Levi in 'Shazam! Fury of the Gods'

| CREDIT: WARNER BROS. PICTURES
One Shazam fan tweeted, "There is no denying that at the moment there are many Snyder fans who are happy for the failure of your film and many of them wish that everything that is to come fails just for not continuing with the films of their director."
"This is also true," Levi wrote in response. "Sad, but true. How much that actually affects the box office is anyone's guess. But I think the biggest issue we're having is marketing. This is a perfect family movie, and yet a lot of families aren't aware of that. Which is just a shame."
This is also true. Sad, but true. How much that actually affects the box office is anyone’s guess. But I think the biggest issue we’re having is marketing. This is a perfect family movie, and yet a lot of families aren’t aware of that. Which is just a shame. ‍♂️ https://t.co/Fpw6Ja384F
— Zachary Levi (@ZacharyLevi) March 21, 2023
On Instagram, Levi also addressed rumblings that Dwayne Johnson blocked characters from his film Black Adam from showing up in Fury of the Gods. According to a report from The Wrap, members of the Justice Society of America were originally supposed to show up in the end-credits scene of Fury of the Gods (after recently debuting in Black Adam).

But Johnson reportedly vetoed their appearance in the Shazam sequel and also rejected a potential Levi cameo in Black Adam. (Remember, Black Adam was originally a Shazam villain in the comics, and he was initially supposed to show up in a Shazam movie, before Johnson spun the character off into his own solo project.) Representatives for Johnson did not immediately respond to EW's request for comment Tuesday.
Levi didn't explicitly confirm the Wrap report, but he did reference it on his Instagram story, writing: "The truth shall set you free."
Earlier this week, Shazam director David F. Sandberg also addressed the response to Fury of the Gods on Twitter, writing that he was "surprised" by the critical reception. "I wasn't expecting a repeat of the first movie critically but I was still a little surprised because I think it's a good film," he wrote. "Oh well."
He added, "As I've been saying for a while now I'm very eager to go back to horror (as well as trying some new things). After six years of Shazam I'm definitely done with superheroes for now."
Like Levi, Sandberg addressed the online toxicity of some fans, explaining that although he's extremely proud of the two Shazam movies he directed, he's ready to unplug from the constant online chatter around superhero movies.
"One thing I've really been looking forward to is disconnecting from the superhero discourse online," Sandberg wrote. "A lot of that stresses me out so much and it will be nice not having to think about that anymore."
Earlier this year, new DC Films co-chairs James Gunn and Peter Safran unveiled their plans for future movies and TV shows — including a new Superman film without original Snyder actor Henry Cavill. The new era will essentially reboot the existing DC universe, dropping Snyder's vision in favor of a new direction.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
OK So real talk...

Should the Rock publicly respond to what Zack Levy said about him messing up the Shazam franchise?

Rock should respond only if what dude said wasn't true. Levi referenced one scene but I am not seeing where he explicitly blamed the Rock for killing the movie unless I missed it. Media and insiders are blaming the Rock for killing 2 franchises and Rock can go after them. Ultimately its a bad look for Rock and his self promotion has been exposed. Now they are taking Rock's small fuckery and unfairly making him the scapegoat for all the failures. Ultimately it falls on DC and their greed. They were so anxious to get the Rock that they fucked up their vision and planning to bow to his wishes when Black Adam was meant to be a supporting character in the Shazam universe. DC's desperation has always been their undoing. Too busy listening to outside noise.

Rock is a bigger star than Levi and is beloved. He should be wary of the back and forth.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Rock should respond only if what dude said wasn't true. Levi referenced one scene but I am not seeing where he explicitly blamed the Rock for killing the movie unless I missed it. Media and insiders are blaming the Rock for killing 2 franchises and Rock can go after them. Ultimately its a bad look for Rock and his self promotion has been exposed. Now they are taking Rock's small fuckery and unfairly making him the scapegoat for all the failures. Ultimately it falls on DC and their greed. They were so anxious to get the Rock that they fucked up their vision and planning to bow to his wishes when Black Adam was meant to be a supporting character in the Shazam universe. DC's desperation has always been their undoing. Too busy listening to outside noise.

Rock is a bigger star than Levi and is beloved. He should be wary of the back and forth.

Levi confirming the article was true that the Rock stopped the cameo and future interactions and tried to seperate Shazam from Black Adam completely is the blame. He dropped the bad marketing thing (still another dig by the way because remember they tried to leak the surprise Wonder Woman drop like they did Cavill's) Levi still tried to kiss Gunn & Co ass.

And that ain't even my personal take that's what been going around.

I already stated how I think Rocky should handle this moving forward.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Levi confirming the article was true that the Rock stopped the cameo and future interactions and tried to seperate Shazam from Black Adam completely is the blame. He dropped the bad marketing thing (still another dig by the way because remember they tried to leak the surprise Wonder Woman drop like they did Cavill's) Levi still tried to kiss Gunn & Co ass.

And that ain't even my personal take that's what been going around.

I already stated how I think Rocky should handle this moving forward.
Respect