New Orleans's Second Line & Brass Band Thread

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
New Orleans's Second Line & Brass Band Thread

IMG_5064.jpg

That's my dawg (far right on trumpet)... Marched with him at Southern - one of the best trumpet players I know... His volume and ability to hit octaves is ridiculous...

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
The white brass bands and these "New Orleans style" brass bands that are not located in New Orleans are corny as fuck.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
His music is so refreshing, it reminds me of the New Orleans music I grew up on..

Not the sissy bounce or the shit Beyonce has tried to take ownership of

yea bro… that track is a clear indication of ole school New Orleans rap

that sissy bounce well ya know

now what Beyoncé putting her hands on?

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
yea bro… that track is a clear indication of ole school New Orleans rap

that sissy bounce well ya know

now what Beyoncé putting her hands on?

I'm talking about how Beyonce kinda took control of Bounce music and subsequently HBCU band culture.

That Coachella performance was legendary but Southern University's (especially the Dancing Dolls) DNA was all over that shit and it's characteristic of Beyonce throughout her career to find a trend and build off of it. Bounce, HBCU bands or this CeCe Peniston-sounding shit she's doing now.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I'm talking about how Beyonce kinda took control of Bounce music and subsequently HBCU band culture.

That Coachella performance was legendary but Southern University's (especially the Dancing Dolls) DNA was all over that shit and it's characteristic of Beyonce throughout her career to find a trend and build off of it. Bounce, HBCU bands or this CeCe Peniston-sounding shit she's doing now.

Yea I gotcha, she has mastered that shit

Drake does it too, I know many don’t like that shit…. Hell me bring a non-new orleanian i be like they biting but I also don’t mind the flavor being in front stage…

non you folks that lived that shit, is that shit and will always be it…. I know y’all don’t like that