Netfix: OZARK Season 4 Discussion Thread (spoilers) (season 4 trailer!!) (drops 1/21/2022)

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
This whole season seemed like they were setting up ole boy to win an emmy or some shit. When he kept trying to call Helen and
apologize I actually wanted to jump in my fucking TV to whip his stupid, mentally challenged ass...so I guess he did a good job
playing that roll. Yeah, usually when a key character is killed...like Helen, the show tends to go downhill. But at the end of the first season
Darlene's crazy ass killed a boss and it kept going, so hopefully it will now.

Helen wasnt really a main character tho 4 real....plus she came on last season we not really invested in her like tht ...

they will b good .... Helen trifling ass needed to go ...lol

T'Challa

Rising Star
Registered
Breaking Bad ended perfectly in 5 seasons. Five is usually the sweet spot for these type of shows.

The writers and show runners said that they got up to 6-7 seasons planned but the minimum could be 4.... I think this show can go a max of 5 seasons, although this is a well written show, if they go more than five it will be pulling shit out of they ass, unless the byrdes somehow get into politics and wendy becomes a senator or something, but that cant happen lol. I do see marty and wendy divorcing and going into a war, and the kids going their separate ways
Helen wasnt really a main character tho 4 real....plus she came on last season we not really invested in her like tht ...

She was plotting on the byrdes and that shit was funny how on the plane she was staring at Marty and Wendy but the hitman was in the back staring at her, then when they was in front of Navarro fortress peep how she was standing off to the side because she THOUGHT that the byrdes was gonna be the ones executed but SIKEEEEEE.

And side note, the first thing that went thru my mind was the byrdes potentially getting gunned down at the church by the lagunas cartel like how they did at the beginning of the episode

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
John Carter killed tht Ben role....:bravo:

when they told him he had to go to the loony bin i felt tht shit when he was ballin n calling out Wendy`s name...:crying:

something got in my eye instantly ...lol

also when Wendy pulled over crying ....man listen i had to pause n go outside for 5 mins.... :giggle:

N let them keep underestimating Darlene .... Bat shit crazy & dont give a fuck .... Bitch go from 0 to 100 real quik ...

Mob dude wanted no parts of tht .... bitch roled up on the set with jus Ruth no gun n said yeah i shot Tommy`s dick off...lol

man this shit keeps getting better n better ...pivotal season 4 coming up tho ..will it jump the shark...

this is when most good shows start to decline....:(

CSI....whas the name of the outro track of the finale ep...?
I know its a discussion/spoiler thread.. but you should probably put a warning before that clip. Its a huge scene in the season finale.
My biggest gripe with Ozark has been the portrayal of the black characters. For example why does the dude have to be gay it’s like every black man on TV have to be gay or bisexual. And why is old girl damn near eight or nine months pregnant getting ready to pop still working this fucking case..? I mean what is the importance of having her be pregnant? why couldn’t she just be a single woman working. Shit kinda rubbed me the wrong way.
Yea i dig it.. But the chicks profile and character served a purpose. Her pregnancy serves to eliminate any viewer ideas of intimate attachments to Marty and also to display her dedication to the job and her principled lifestyle.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Darlene crazy as shit yo!!! :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

sAPi3o.jpg

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Strongly suggest that Kats rewatch the first two seasons after watching Season 3 and then go back to Season 3... It's crazy how tidbits of things that happened in Season 3 were dropped in the first two seasons... Especially Wendy's opinion about her Brother and how her opinion of his mental state changed when she became depressed after the death of their child. Like everything was laid bare in her conversation with the Wife of the Senator who killed himself in Season 2.

richlove

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Helen was a main character this season in the same way the brother was. Not a main character in the show as a whole, but she was a glue between most of the characters, even the children of both her boss and the Byrds. She was involved with every other character on the show. She even had a scene with the FBI. Shit I think the only person she didn't have a scene with was Darlene. But yeah, she needed to get the fuck.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
anyone else wants to fold Ruth up like a pretzel and fuck her mouth to wash it clean of them curse words? That little thang packs a lotta fire....

She does come up with some funny one liners like that albino Brotha on “Black Lighting”.

slam

Super Moderator
anyone else wants to fold Ruth up like a pretzel and fuck her mouth to wash it clean of them curse words? That little thang packs a lotta fire....

Crazy shit she`s originally from the Bronx ...born n raised ...lol

Thts some dam acting cuz she had me sold on tht redneck hill billy shit ... :lol:

she was the one tht probably came up with the idea to have her character luv old skool hip hop ...lol

slam

Super Moderator
Helen was a main character this season in the same way the brother was. Not a main character in the show as a whole, but she was a glue between most of the characters, even the children of both her boss and the Byrds. She was involved with every other character on the show. She even had a scene with the FBI. Shit I think the only person she didn't have a scene with was Darlene. But yeah, she needed to get the fuck.

naw bro not disputing tht ....look at wht i replied to....

i`m saying she`s not tht big of a character for the show to take a step back or go down cuz shes gone ...

T'Challa

Rising Star
Registered

She did, when darlene invaded the Byrde office when helen and Wendy was talking

carsun1000

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Crazy shit she`s originally from the Bronx ...born n raised ...lol

Thts some dam acting cuz she had me sold on tht redneck hill billy shit ... :lol:

she was the one tht probably came up with the idea to have her character luv old skool hip hop ...lol

1. She coulda fooled me in making me believe she was a bonafide redneck, trailer park, foul mouth, street smarts she got them all
2. If you can get Marty to apologize to you, then you count
3. They need a spin-off just off her character, she can do it all by herself (I haven't finished yet so I don't know if she died, and don't tell me :yes: :yes: )

Last edited:

slam

Super Moderator
1. She coulda fooled me in making me believe she was a bonafide redneck, trailer park, foul mouth, street smarts she got them all
2. If you can get Marty to apologize to you, then you count
3. They need a spin-off just off her character, she can do it all by herself (I haven't finished yet so I don't know if she died, and don't tell me :yes: :yes: )

lol..u shouldnt b in here then ..u might stumble on a big spoiler like mentioned above ...

i dont even chance it ...i dont come in spoiler discussion threads till i`m all the way done ...:cool:

slam

Super Moderator
man i need Ruth playlist ...gonna thru the other seasons n c what else she was listening to ...:yes:

:ipod:

Strait_Laced

knowledge alone ≠ power
OG Investor
I never realized that the symbols in the title screen inside the O were telling a foreshadowing of the story

yeah that been a thing since season 1 - i used to follow the symbols but stopped because it messed up my flow of watching the show cause i'd be looking for 'em (way back in the day b4 my time, alfred hitchcock did something similar on his series where he would appear in every episode randomly. after a while people started igging the plot while they were all searching for hitchcock to appear - got distracting. he'd pop up in a scene randomly walking a dog, etc.)

there are even websites dedicated to it

Strait_Laced

knowledge alone ≠ power
OG Investor
oh, and ps - if you freeze frame each symbol, inside the 'o' you can also see that the shapes loosely spell out z-a-r-k

makes me wonder how much gets past us on a regular basis with some of these tv channels (and commercials) - subliminal programming

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh. I don't think her absence will cause that. I'm just hoping it won't because this has been 3 dope seasons and a lot of shows go downhill
or start with silly writing around this time.
I can't see how this show has more than one season left. Navarro is near impossible to please, and it seems he eliminates people when he's done with them. The Byrdes just don't seem to have the stomach to hang with him, so they'll have to kill him or die. If another major drug lord hasn't been able to kill him what chance do they have? Besides there is that whole "crime doesn't pay" thing and they've killed or caused the death of so many other people they have to get it eventually.

T'Challa

Rising Star
Registered
I can't see how this show has more than one season left. Navarro is near impossible to please, and it seems he eliminates people when he's done with them. The Byrdes just don't seem to have the stomach to hang with him, so they'll have to kill him or die. If another major drug lord hasn't been able to kill him what chance do they have? Besides there is that whole "crime doesn't pay" thing and they've killed or caused the death of so many other people they have to get it eventually.

5 seasons gotta be the cut off point but I wont be surprised if 4 is the final season

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I avoided this thread like the 'Rona....

I was having issues with my 'Flix.... my wife finally got through to chat support. Turns out a mfkr in China hacked our shit....

Anyway... I'm just looking at this now and the first episode is wild and I'm barely 30 mins in....