NBA Season is Returning This Year!!!!!!!

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Middleton’s a bucket getter. He came up small in some games but he carries the team when needed when it comes to scoring. Norm ain’t carrying shit! :roflmao:

I think he’s overpaid but he’s exactly what the Bucks need for Giannis.
Ehh..I don’t know about Middleton carrying shit I know he has some good shooting outputs….

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Should I go to the parade tomorrow? I'm not vaccinated. :scared:

If not this year you can always wait until when they might win again in 2071.

giphy.gif

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Middleton’s a bucket getter. He came up small in some games but he carries the team when needed when it comes to scoring. Norm ain’t carrying shit! :roflmao:

I think he’s overpaid but he’s exactly what the Bucks need for Giannis.

Yeah Middleton is also a better defender than those cats he mentioned, he's a good two way player. Shit I'll take Middleton over C.J who's a liability defensively.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
That's because he was deferring to your boy

That explains why he averaged less than 20 a game and shot 43% from the field when he started for the Chicago Bulls in 2016.

Dude was getting his knees drained and pondered retirement in 2012 after the Heat won the title. Over hyped.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That explains why he averaged less than 20 a game and shot 43% from the field when he started for the Chicago Bulls in 2016.

Dude was getting his knees drained and pondered retirement in 2012 after the Heat won the title. Over hyped.

His style of play was hard on his body
Always attacking
Top 3 sg off all time

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
His style of play was hard on his body
Always attacking
Top 3 sg off all time

Nah he was just injury prone and hit a steep decline after 30. He had a short 5 year window because his game relied too much on officiating and his athleticism. Then you look at guys like Curry, KD, Harden, Dame etc and see the level they playing at after 30, it puts in perspective how over hyped Wade's career is.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He was old enough witness the greatness of 2012-2018 Wade

Khris Middleton won't live off this one year the way you Wade stans live off '06. He will average 20 a game in the playoffs again after this. The Bucks paid him his bread too, Miami never paid Wade. :lol:

@Spectrum , Stephen Jackson is a clown for sure but like I said, he kinda had a point.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
@Spectrum , Stephen Jackson is a clown for sure but like I said, he kinda had a point.

I think we discussed this already. By the time Lebron left Miami, it was over. However, when he arrived, it was definitely a super team. Wade was putting up 26 a game.. Bosh was putting up 20 in a highly reduced role but he was putting up 25 points a game the season before. Wade DEFINITELY was declining though. I wonder if the problem with wade was the work he put it during the offseason? I remember he was putting on weight and his face was starting to get so puffy that I thought he had a drinking problem. he had the puffy face yellow eye thing going in that final year before Lebron bounced. He was getting his knee drained every other day it seemed in the playoffs. I just remember how awful he was against Chicago in that final year Lebron was there...i mean he was so trash in that series..i almost want to look the stats up to see if my memory is just fucking with me.

Middelton was good though. Him and Jrue did exactly what you needed them to do... especially in that game 5 on the road where you really need guys like that to step up. It's a really good well-balanced team.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I think we discussed this already. By the time Lebron left Miami, it was over. However, when he arrived, it was definitely a super team. Wade was putting up 26 a game.. Bosh was putting up 20 in a highly reduced role but he was putting up 25 points a game the season before. Wade DEFINITELY was declining though. I wonder if the problem with wade was the work he put it during the offseason? I remember he was putting on weight and his face was starting to get so puffy that I thought he had a drinking problem. he had the puffy face yellow eye thing going in that final year before Lebron bounced. He was getting his knee drained every other day it seemed in the playoffs. I just remember how awful he was against Chicago in that final year Lebron was there...i mean he was so trash in that series..i almost want to look the stats up to see if my memory is just fucking with me.

Middelton was good though. Him and Jrue did exactly what you needed them to do... especially in that game 5 on the road where you really need guys like that to step up. It's a really good well-balanced team.
Right. Outside of year one, the production from both Wade and Bosh was mediocre to average. And the last finals series as a collective had Bosh still looking somewhat uncomfortable in his role and Wade being flat out trash.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I love how the NBA has rebranded Kobe into this MLK/Mandela like figure EVERY young NBA players need to "make proud" not by speaking on social issues but by winning championships that make white owned sports teams billions. :yawn:

He was a player that took pride in shitting on young players to distinguish himself with white fans, now they acting like the mofo was a savant and teacher based off tweets.
They were determined to wedge him into this by any means. When it looked as if Phoenix would win they had built up the Booker connection ancomparison and been pimping that nonstop with quotes and calling him his mentor. Once that was snuffed out- ironically due in large part to Booker going full blown Mamba mentality and shooting his team out the finals- they immediately were left digging thru old tweets to find out how Kobe "inspired" Yannis. :lol:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
They were determined to wedge him into this by any means. When it looked as if Phoenix would win they had built up the Booker connection ancomparison and been pimping that nonstop with quotes and calling him his mentor. Once that was snuffed out- ironically due in large part to Booker going full blown Mamba mentality and shooting his team out the finals- they immediately were left digging thru old tweets to find out how Kobe "inspired" Yannis. :lol:

LeBron is a far bigger influence on today's players. But because he promotes entrepreneurship and following your own career path the media goes out of its way not to demand younger players give him that respect publicly. LeBron is 36, Giannis is 26 and they pitting him against LeBron instead of any of the contemporaries in his age group. That shit is not basketball related, just cacs and coon NBA fans practicing white supremacy against Black American superstars who they greatly resent.

It'll be interesting to see if Giannis feeds into that. The media is definitely gonna test him. :yes:

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah he was just injury prone and hit a steep decline after 30. He had a short 5 year window because his game relied too much on officiating and his athleticism. Then you look at guys like Curry, KD, Harden, Dame etc and see the level they playing at after 30, it puts in perspective how over hyped Wade's career is.
Those guys you listed are 3 point shooters and dont play the way wade did.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Those guys you listed are 3 point shooters and dont play the way wade did.

Outside of Steph, all those guys are more than just 3 point shooters. Wade shot 29% from 3 for his career, thats not those guys fault. He should've worked harder on that part of his game. The Spurs specifically exploited his lack of 3 point shooting in the 2014 Finals.

2014 Finals
D Wade 15.2 points, 3.8 rebounds, 2.6 assists

2020 Finals
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope 12.8 points, 2.8 rebounds, 2.0 assists

2021 Finals
Jrue Holiday 16.7 points, 6.2 rebounds, 9.3 assists

Wade in the Heatles era was basically a slightly better version of KCP, but a worse player than Jrue Holiday. :smh:

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Outside of Steph, all those guys are more than just 3 point shooters. Wade shot 29% from 3 for his career, thats not those guys fault. He should've worked harder on that part of his game. The Spurs specifically exploited his lack of 3 point shooting in the 2014 Finals.

2014 Finals
D Wade 15.2 points, 3.8 rebounds, 2.6 assists

2020 Finals
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope 12.8 points, 2.8 rebounds, 2.0 assists

2021 Finals
Jrue Holiday 16.7 points, 6.2 rebounds, 9.3 assists

Wade in the Heatles era was basically a slightly better version of KCP, but a worse player than Jrue Holiday. :smh:
Different game
Wade's game was midrange and attacking the basket
None of those guys attack like wade
Also the nba is 3 point centric now so its really a different league
Oh and let's not forget wade's defense

Last edited:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Right. Outside of year one, the production from both Wade and Bosh was mediocre to average. And the last finals series as a collective had Bosh still looking somewhat uncomfortable in his role and Wade being flat out trash.

I just went back and revisited the stats from the 2nd title run (the playoff stats). I think it's easy to forget how much the game has changed. That was 10 years ago and the scores almost seem like misprints. There are games in that series (like against the Bulls) where the Heat's opponents scored 65 points. Multiple games where their opponent didn't break the 70s. The Heat themselves had at least one game in every series in that title run where they only scored in the 70s.

I don't remember that era being THAT slow-paced.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Different game
Wade's game was midrange and attacking the basket
None of those guys attack like wade
Also the nba is 3 point centric now so its really a different league
Oh and let's not forget wade's defense

Dame Lillard doesnt attack the basket? :rolleyes:

Wade was a very good defender, but not good enough to average 18-19 a night and we still act like he's some superstar. If that's the case, Paul George is definitely a superstar. :lol: