storm_shadoh

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This was an amazing Raw!!!! Thats how u book a wrestling show. The belts should be the main characters and it becomes six degrees of separation of everyone in their pursuit of it. I literally have no idea what direction they go for Mania and that is what makes it a must watch.
Rock's resurgence has solidified him as the goat in my book.
Actually felt for Cody just for a millisecond then I whispered "F__ your story" as he layed there bleeding lol.
Jade, Bianca and Nioami versus the remaining members of damage ctrl added on night 2 then I'll be set.

:inlove::inlove: Man Rhea has me crushing on her like shes Topanga and its the 90's.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
^^^^^
:roflmao: :lol: :roflmao3:

The social media/ Twitter championship. Good luck with that.

I suppose I'll never see the thing for myself, but posters in this thread will keep us up-to-date on all the social media doings.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The third week since Mercedes's debut and the ratings continue to drop.

1. Why haven't they started Mercedes's first feud yet? The next ppv is nearly three weeks away.

2. Although the Swerve/Takeshita match was good there was no build to it and Swerve's overall build to his championship match with Samoa Joe has been weak.

3. Same thing with Shibata/Ospreay. No build. TK continues to just throws ppv caliber matches on Dynamite thinking that's the ratings answer.

4. Get Jericho off of TV. He's as stale as it gets right now and while you're at it take Hook with you.

5. So much for the rankings meaning anything. Let's just throw Skye Blue, Willow, Kris Statlander and Anna Jay in a four way to determine the number one contender for the TBS belt. WHY? There's no need to do this if you have rankings.

6. Where is the build to Toni Storm's next feud. Start now. Surely it isn't Deonna again.

In closing although the presentation is better and the match quality is consistently good the storytelling build isn't there yet and until that changes the ratings will continue to drop. You got the talent. You just got to get them into stories that mean something. Hopefully this sinks into Tony's thick skull before it's too late.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor

1. Why haven't they started Mercedes's first feud yet? The next ppv is nearly three weeks away.

2. Although the Swerve/Takeshita match was good there was no build to it and Swerve's overall build to his championship match with Samoa Joe has been weak.

3. Same thing with Shibata/Ospreay. No build. TK continues to just throws ppv caliber matches on Dynamite thinking that's the ratings answer.

4. Get Jericho off of TV. He's as stale as it gets right now and while you're at it take Hook with you.

5. So much for the rankings meaning anything. Let's just throw Skye Blue, Willow, Kris Statlander and Anna Jay in a four way to determine the number one contender for the TBS belt. WHY? There's no need to do this if you have rankings.

6. Where is the build to Toni Storm's next feud. Start now. Surely it isn't Deonna again.

In closing although the presentation is better and the match quality is consistently good the storytelling build isn't there yet and until that changes the ratings will continue to drop. You got the talent. You just got to get them into stories that mean something. Hopefully this sinks into Tony's thick skull before it's too late.

The rankings have never meant anything in AEW when they've had them. At least, for once, they did a match to determine the #1 contender cause Tony loves to have random battle royales in order to set up title matches even while having a ranking system.

And yes there was no reason to have Swerve fight Takeshita when Swerve has claim to be Samoa Joe's next opponent for the title.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

Shitty writing and TK's booking
I didn't understand why Takeashita was in that match against Swerve when he lost to Ospreay last week. Dumb booking by TK
No one cares about actual in ring wrestling matches on a wrestling show. It's all about storytelling. See Monday's episode of Raw that has minimal wrestling and a lot of story/build for Mania.
He's got TK by the balls some how.... Hook has been damn near ruined like Wardlow.
TK shitty booking strikes yet again.
See above
TK is too worried about posting tweets at 4am trying to clap at Eric Bischoff than he is on running and booking a wrestling show that grows an in person and television audience. I saw tweets of the crowd in Quebec City last night......that shit was embarrassing.

AEW really needs to book smaller arenas. TK might kill Jungle Boy if Jack Perry ever comes back to the states.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Another pointless title that will be forgotten about in 2 months

^^^^^
:roflmao: :lol: :roflmao3:

The social media/ Twitter championship. Good luck with that.

I suppose I'll never see the thing for myself, but posters in this thread will keep us up-to-date on all the social media doings.
As long as it gets some talent screentime and doesn't take up TV time, I see nothing wrong with it. Hope they put it on Peacock like the old 205 show. It could be interesting but at the same time I definitely see it being lost in the shuffle after a few months.

Then again, if treated like those Facebook exclusive inter-gender tag matches, it could be a cool social media experiment.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
HOLY FUCK! I had to do a double take to make sure this was real. A Stardom trios showcase on ROH Supercard Of Honor. This match is gonna rule so fucking much! I can't wait to watch this!

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I had my doubts about Mercedes in AEW and whether she would have any effect on the ratings, but my god, it's been way worse than I could have imagined.
She comes off as full of herself, but somehow nervous at the same time when she cuts a promo. I've never seen anything like it.
It's clear she needs to be scripted in her promos.
She was on commentary during Dynamite and sounded damn near comatose and practically said nothing.

I've said it a million times, 'banger' matches with no storyline will not pull in viewers.
AEW has done a bit better recently with their vignettes to at least give some backstory on the performers but most of their matches are still just thrown together with not storyline behind it because TK thinks it will be a 'banger'.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shitty writing and TK's booking

I didn't understand why Takeashita was in that match against Swerve when he lost to Ospreay last week. Dumb booking by TK

No one cares about actual in ring wrestling matches on a wrestling show. It's all about storytelling. See Monday's episode of Raw that has minimal wrestling and a lot of story/build for Mania.

He's got TK by the balls some how.... Hook has been damn near ruined like Wardlow.

TK shitty booking strikes yet again.

See above

TK is too worried about posting tweets at 4am trying to clap at Eric Bischoff than he is on running and booking a wrestling show that grows an in person and television audience. I saw tweets of the crowd in Quebec City last night......that shit was embarrassing.

AEW really needs to book smaller arenas. TK might kill Jungle Boy if Jack Perry ever comes back to the states.
At this point, TK could book high school gyms for the shows and it wouldn't change anything.
The presentation is just not appealing to the average wrestling fan.
They only want to cater to their hardcore Meltzer dirtsheet reading 7-star Japanese-loving anti-WWE fanbase.
And even that audience is slowly shrinking.

The two lapsed fans that I went to the Revolution PPV with earlier this month tried to get into AEW afterwards but couldn't because there was nothing appealing to them.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Rock is on another level lolz

One negative I do see in all this is that Roman Reigns (remember, the guy who actually has the belt lol) has been completely overshadowed by the Rock.
I have to remind myself that Roman and Cody still have a match for the championship at WM with all this between Cody and the Rock.
Don't get me wrong, it's great stuff but it's overshadowing Roman right now.