EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
One negative I do see in all this is that Roman Reigns (remember, the guy who actually has the belt lol) has been completely overshadowed by the Rock.
I have to remind myself that Roman and Cody still have a match for the championship at WM with all this between Cody and the Rock.
Don't get me wrong, it's great stuff but it's overshadowing Roman right now.
Rock is playing mega heel and this is going to eventually cost Roman his title.

This will build sympathy for Roman and he'll be a mega face star by SummerSlam......and the build towards their eventual showdown by next years WrestleMania will be bigger than this year's build.

And with Mania happening in Philly, almost ten years since Roman's Royal Rumble win where he was booed alongside Rock...I can see WWE leaning into this longterm story.

Last edited:

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks good. Megan Bayne/Maika should be fantastic. Also, excited to see the original "Club Venus" members (Mina Shirakawa, Mariah May & Xia Brookside) back together for one night against Mayu Iwatani, Tam Nakano & Momo Kohgo.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Why waste this match on Dynamite with no build? TK still hasn't learned a damn thing. In three weeks Kyle Fletcher, Katsuyori Shibata and now Will Hobbs will be fed to Ospreay with zero build. Also, they've should've had Danielson on commentary for each one of the previous matches so he could continue to put over the ppv match.

He really is a toy collector and playing with wrestling figures at this point.

He had cool figures (such as Hobbs, Wardlow) and then buys new ones and forgets the coolness factor of those original figures.

He's also collected limited edition vintage figures he never had as a kid (Sting, Adam Copeland, Christian) and all these new cool characters he imported from Japanese toys stores (Ospreay, White, etc...) all while many of the original wresting toys he had are left in the toy bin collecting dust....and a paycheck. lolz

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He really is a toy collector and playing with wrestling figures at this point.

He had cool figures (such as Hobbs, Wardlow) and then buys new ones and forgets the coolness factor of those original figures.

He's also collected limited edition vintage figures he never had as a kid (Sting, Adam Copeland, Christian) and all these new cool characters he imported from Japanese toys stores (Ospreay, White, etc...) all while many of the original wresting toys he had are left in the toy bin collecting dust....and a paycheck. lolz

Now he needs to let someone else who knows what they're doing play with the toys.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Dope entrance....

Really wish they would have had her in ring debut be a match. Even if it was a super quick squash matches against a nobody.

All I know about her so far is that her presentation is phenomenal but her in-ring styles are lacking, ie Goldberg.

So far, that's exactly what I'm seeing.
Have her come out swinging.
Didn't we just see this debut by coming out and talking shit with Mone'?

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Really wish they would have had her in ring debut be a match. Even if it was a super quick squash matches against a nobody.
Saving it for Mania or the Smackdown before Mania. WWE wants to make a big deal of her first WWE match.
All I know about her so far is that her presentation is phenomenal but her in-ring styles are lacking, ie Goldberg.
They are treating her as a big deal. Now that she's made her officially signed Smackdown, they will build that anticipation for her first match. I have a feeling the time she's spent at the performance center will have been worth it. She will surprise people.
So far, that's exactly what I'm seeing.
Have her come out swinging.
Didn't we just see this debut by coming out and talking shit with Mone'?
Her debut was handled better than Mercedes Moné's. Glad they kept it short and scripted. She didn't wear out her welcome.

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Vince is gone new ownership
Nick Khan and Triple H running talent
Emergence of Joshi stable in WWE
Plus the star power she will immediately be in the mixand with a much safer womans division given her history of injuries.
Pun intended here

The brightEST of lights.
The bEST in the world.

The stable of Sasha, Bianca and Jade to battle Bayley Becky and Charlotte or Damage Control
The NXT women's division is better than what AEW have to offer
Plus Vince is gone
I wrote this back on November I think Mercedes know she fucked up but decided to take the money. I wonder how far apart were the offers between WWE and AEW

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Another pointless title that will be forgotten about in 2 months

Why waste this match on Dynamite with no build? TK still hasn't learned a damn thing. In three weeks Kyle Fletcher, Katsuyori Shibata and now Will Hobbs will be fed to Ospreay with zero build. Also, they've should've had Danielson on commentary for each one of the previous matches so he could continue to put over the ppv match.

Dude can't get out of his own way. Constantly shooting himself in the foot. He books like a wrestling fan (giving away matches that the fan woukd want to see if he was the viewer) and not like a owner of a company that needs to turn a profit.

maxresdefault.jpg

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I went back and watched this week AEW Dynamite!!..It was alright..Action packed like always but it was alright!!...I like that first match with Ospreay vs Shibata!!.. :yes: .Also, that match with The Young Bucks vs Private Party was cool....The Best Friends vs The Kingdom match was well...The last match with Swerve vs Takeshita was very good!!...:yes:....Samoa Joe and Swerve will be going at it on the next PPV that's coming up!!..Should be good!!

Overall, it was a alright action packed show this week!!..One thing about TK, he going to have action packed matches on the AEW shows!!...

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The third week since Mercedes's debut and the ratings continue to drop.

1. Why haven't they started Mercedes's first feud yet? The next ppv is nearly three weeks away.

2. Although the Swerve/Takeshita match was good there was no build to it and Swerve's overall build to his championship match with Samoa Joe has been weak.

3. Same thing with Shibata/Ospreay. No build. TK continues to just throws ppv caliber matches on Dynamite thinking that's the ratings answer.

4. Get Jericho off of TV. He's as stale as it gets right now and while you're at it take Hook with you.

5. So much for the rankings meaning anything. Let's just throw Skye Blue, Willow, Kris Statlander and Anna Jay in a four way to determine the number one contender for the TBS belt. WHY? There's no need to do this if you have rankings.

6. Where is the build to Toni Storm's next feud. Start now. Surely it isn't Deonna again.

In closing although the presentation is better and the match quality is consistently good the storytelling build isn't there yet and until that changes the ratings will continue to drop. You got the talent. You just got to get them into stories that mean something. Hopefully this sinks into Tony's thick skull before it's too late.

Brother Mastermind2002, I think TK doesn't give a fuck about the ratings!!..I believe his thing is that he want to bring good action packed matches on the AEW weekly shows!!..I think that's his method of how he want AEW to be!!

Also, This Mercedes Mone chick is lame!!..Her gimmick on AEW being this CEO/Boss chick is wack and played out!!.. :smh: ...I heard that Britt Baker and Jamie Hayer is coming back soon ..Also, where is Queen Aminata??..TK needs to stop bullshittin and have her on AEW more..She can be one of the faces of the Women's Division!!

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I thought Ospreay was a part of The Don Callis Family??....I don't get why he is fighting the members of the crew he's rolling with??...

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had my doubts about Mercedes in AEW and whether she would have any effect on the ratings, but my god, it's been way worse than I could have imagined.
She comes off as full of herself, but somehow nervous at the same time when she cuts a promo. I've never seen anything like it.
It's clear she needs to be scripted in her promos.
She was on commentary during Dynamite and sounded damn near comatose and practically said nothing.

I've said it a million times, 'banger' matches with no storyline will not pull in viewers.
AEW has done a bit better recently with their vignettes to at least give some backstory on the performers but most of their matches are still just thrown together with not storyline behind it because TK thinks it will be a 'banger'.

XXXplosive, Brother you know I roll with and I like the vibe of AEW...But, I agree with you on that chick Mercedes Mone!..This chick is wack and her gimmick as being a CEO/Boss chick is lame and played out!!... :smh: .....she needs to change her image at AEW!!

Last edited:

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Brother Mastermind2002, I think TK doesn't give a fuck about the ratings!!..I believe his thing is that he want to bring good action packed matches on the AEW weekly shows!!..I think that's his method of how he want AEW to be!!

Also, This Mercedes Mone chick is lame!!..Her gimmick on AEW being this CEO/Boss chick is wack and played out!!.. :smh: ...I heard that Britt Baker and Jamie Hayer is coming back soon ..Also, where is Queen Aminata??..TK needs to stop bullshittin and have her on AEW more..She can be one of the faces of the Women's Division!!

Queen Aminata is in ROH right now and doing very well for herself. She's made it to the finals of the Women's ROH TV Championship tournament where she'll face off against Billie Starkz. They'll have that match next Friday as apart of the ROH Supercard Of Honor ppv.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Queen Aminata is in ROH right now and doing very well for herself. She's made it to the finals of the Women's ROH TV Championship tournament where she'll face off against Billie Starkz. They'll have that match next Friday as apart of the ROH Supercard Of Honor ppv.

Cool, But they need to put more on AEW...She's too good of a wrestler for not being on AEW full time!!...I don't want TK to drop the ball on this one!!..

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol. I understand both sides of the Mone' criticisms. My biggest gripe with AEW is not feel long you got a good enough of a pay off to angles before the next shinny object pops up. Like there is too much unfinished business. But when people get injured, then you bring in big talent, a lot can get lost in the shuffle. A certain level of chaos and uncertainty can be great in an angle, but the pieces can't only be visible to the super nerds. And it can't just be all over the place.

Mone's is a major talent, but that doesn't mean that you can't fuck it by not setting things up properly. Gimmicks, feuds, and etc. Like we just got Jade to be a part of an angle, but she's with Bianca, and Naomi, and Asuka, Dakota, and Kairi. All whom you can trust in the ring. The set the right piece around Jade to introduce formally in a WWE ring. And the damn it's great to see Jade, Bianca, and Naomi together. All three were in different promotions, now we're here. These young bruh watching better understand how great this is just visually.. Lol.

Like take for instance the contrast in builds between the Angelo/Rubi and Saraya and her brother agle. Which happens to be an oldschool standard tv angle where so much happens within their backstage segments that when it's time for a match, a viewer should have a vested interested and character dynamics should be thoroughly defined. But you have to seek out this angle. We shouldn't have to do that.

Then you have what we have with the Don Callis. They're fucking wrestling against each other. Not feuding, just wrestling What? And these are .matches that should be big in their own right with title in the picture, and it's happening with no consequence. Well not enough to say it's worth it. Just match making for the sake of match making.

But I will say, out of all of the world champions in all of the brands, my favorite is Samoa Joe. Seth feels like something they had to do. Roman bern felt like something like treat like they have to do it. Joe fells like it just makes sense that he's the champ. Joe is just that dude. The title pictures for both AEW and WWE in regards to the feuds and title holders/ contenders are all off. But the spectacle of what's happen in WWE is off the charts, and it shows in all the metrics. But that's another conversation.

Morning rant over.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cool, But they need to put more on AEW...She's too good of a wrestler for not being on AEW full time!!...I don't want TK to drop the ball on this one!!..

She's at the back of the bus in the AEW Women's division. She can raise her stock faster by being in ROH where she can have actual feuds. In AEW she's not getting any TV time beyond being a jobber.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol. I understand both sides of the Mone' criticisms. My biggest gripe with AEW is not feel long you got a good enough of a pay off to angles before the next shinny object pops up. Like there is too much unfinished business. But when people get injured, then you bring in big talent, a lot can get lost in the shuffle. A certain level of chaos and uncertainty can be great in an angle, but the pieces can't only be visible to the super nerds. And it can't just be all over the place.

Mone's is a major talent, but that doesn't mean that you can't fuck it by not setting things up properly. Gimmicks, feuds, and etc. Like we just got Jade to be a part of an angle, but she's with Bianca, and Naomi, and Asuka, Dakota, and Kairi. All whom you can trust in the ring. The set the right piece around Jade to introduce formally in a WWE ring. And the damn it's great to see Jade, Bianca, and Naomi together. All three were in different promotions, now we're here. These young bruh watching better understand how great this is just visually.. Lol.

Like take for instance the contrast in builds between the Angelo/Rubi and Saraya and her brother agle. Which happens to be an oldschool standard tv angle where so much happens within their backstage segments that when it's time for a match, a viewer should have a vested interested and character dynamics should be thoroughly defined. But you have to seek out this angle. We shouldn't have to do that.

Then you have what we have with the Don Callis. They're fucking wrestling against each other. Not feuding, just wrestling What? And these are .matches that should be big in their own right with title in the picture, and it's happening with no consequence. Well not enough to say it's worth it. Just match making for the sake of match making.

But I will say, out of all of the world champions in all of the brands, my favorite is Samoa Joe. Seth feels like something they had to do. Roman bern felt like something like treat like they have to do it. Joe fells like it just makes sense that he's the champ. Joe is just that dude. The title pictures for both AEW and WWE in regards to the feuds and title holders/ contenders are all off. But the spectacle of what's happen in WWE is off the charts, and it shows in all the metrics. But that's another conversation.

Morning rant over.

I feel what you saying about Samoa Joe!!..Joe is a good champ for AEW!!...All Joe matches is good!!...

Reactions: fu2