XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How many times are we gonna see Cody cry before we get to Wrestlemania?

I am not arguing any points you made. Bloodline has been knocking it out the park with their acting and long term storytelling. Jimmy and Jey need an award for their performances. Just EVERY RAW has Cody crying and hitting promos which have been good, but it seems like we're doing this kinda early if WM is in 60-ish days. I think we have seen Cody cry more that wrestle since he came back to WWE. The beating he took from Seth seems to have been forgotten.

Does Cody get this push if Vince stayed and he didn't tear his pec? What I don't get is how he is so popular now?!?!? He's the same damn person from AEW! Nothing has changed. Same nice suits, same music, still tossing the belt into the crowd.
I agree with you about Cody. I'm afraid his act will grow old especially this far out from WM.
He does have the advantage of not having Brandy around hogging the spotlight like in AEW, but the crying will grow old eventually.
Plus, a large group of fans prefer to see Sami against Roman.
WWE and Cody have to be very careful how they go about this or there could be a major backlash against Cody, assuming he beats Roman.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I agree with you about Cody. I'm afraid his act will grow old especially this far out from WM.
He does have the advantage of not having Brandy around hogging the spotlight like in AEW, but the crying will grow old eventually.
WWE and Cody have to be very careful how they go about this or there could be a major backlash against Cody, assuming he beats Roman.
The way I'd write it.....

Zayn gets crushed by Reigns at Elimination Chamber.

Cody defeats Reigns for both titles at Mania. Reigns disappears from TV for the foreseeable future...

Monday Night Raw post Mania, Cody giving a crying speech where he finally made it to the top of the wrestling mountain...

Zayn comes out. Congratulates Cody. They have a friendly back and forth.

Cody offers Zayn a friendly match, and rolls up Zayn after an entertaining match up for the win. While. Congratulating Cody on the roll up win, Cody attacks Zayn, going full heel, saying he's done being nice, done with the crying, done with the fans saying it should have been Zayn at Mania.

Heyman joins up with Cody.

Cody and Zayn feud all the way through the summer culminating in a match between the two at SummerSlam.

Cody drops the titles to Zayn at SummerSlam with some help from Kevin Owens.

Zayn relinquishes one of the titles.

Tournament happens and Zayn returns the favor and helps Owens win the relinquished belt.

Cody vs Owens. Cody vs Zayn. etc....

Owens and Zayn are both champions of their respective brands going into Survivor Series.

Then Roman comes back, like Thanos, looking to collect the Infinity Belts.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don’t know, but I do know this, his crying and emotion is connecting with the fans. As far as the push, I think this was the plan all along, even before he tore his pec.

I think the presentation on WWE is making Cody easier to be accepted by fans. Also, his homecoming. I knew Cody’s run was going to be different the minute his debuted at Mania last year, the way is came off.

In AEW he was being shunned by their fan base because they were more indy wrestling fans than they were WWE style wrestling. I think their presentation at the time was lame.

With the likes of the YBs, Omegas, Darby Allins, MJFs and others, their fan base just stuck behind those guys versus him.

...I mean he and his daughter both solved racism so why didn't the fans connect with that?!?!? What white person doesn't believe that they solved racism by the few everyday actions that they take? If anything that should have resonated amongst the majority of wrestling fans Dave Meltzer starts giving out 5 star promos for that shyt!

Cody had a pretty successful ROH run. Even had Brandy with him at ringside, so I just find it weird that this person with the same moveset, music, lisp and shytty tattoo is so well liked by fans now. Hell he is even still throwing the weight belt into the crowd! Very little has changed outside of the promos that he is cutting.

I thought Cody had always took shyt and made shytty lemonade with the storylines that he got before he left. Stardust, the mask even the moustachio Cody weren't bad, they could have been better, but they weren't bad.

Last edited:

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The way I'd write it.....

Zayn gets crushed by Reigns at Elimination Chamber.

Cody defeats Reigns for both titles at Mania. Reigns disappears from TV for the foreseeable future...

Monday Night Raw post Mania, Cody giving a crying speech where he finally made it to the top of the wrestling mountain...

Zayn comes out. Congratulates Cody. They have a friendly back and forth.

Cody offers Zayn a friendly match, and rolls up Zayn after an entertaining match up for the win. While. Congratulating Cody on the roll up win, Cody attacks Zayn, going full heel, saying he's done being nice, done with the crying, done with the fans saying it should have been Zayn at Mania.

Heyman joins up with Cody.

Cody and Zayn feud all the way through the summer culminating in a match between the two at SummerSlam.

Cody drops the titles to Zayn at SummerSlam with some help from Kevin Owens.

Zayn relinquishes one of the titles.

Tournament happens and Zayn returns the favor and helps Owens win the relinquished belt.

Cody vs Owens. Cody vs Zayn. etc....

Owens and Zayn are both champions of their respective brands going into Survivor Series.

Then Roman comes back, like Thanos, looking to collect the Infinity Belts.

Cody didn't go heel with a company he helped run, now he just goes full heel?!?!? And that is one of the reasons I thought him coming back to WWE was a mistake. Unless written into his contract for creative control, he might have to do what is told to him, but if his time at WWE, ROH, AEW and now back to WWE he does better when he isn't in the drivers seat.

Also weren't you shytting HEAVILY on Cody back when he was in AEW?!?!? Now you seem to be Team Cody now that he is back in WWE!!! :giggle:

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

But he had Brandy in WWE before he left (VERY limited role/run) and in ROH.

Those fans are getting the Roman versus Sami at Elimination Chamber, but I don't think this is gonna be the capacity that they think it is gonna be. This feud is gonna be the television version of Kofi versus Brock. It's on sight EVERY time the Bloodline sees Sami, he is never seen in a strong capacity.

And WWE couldn't care less about what fans want. They took Kofi-mania and fed it to Brock!

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Cody didn't go heel with a company he helped run, now he just goes full heel?!?!? And that is one of the reasons I thought him coming back to WWE was a mistake. Unless written into his contract for creative control, he might have to do what is told to him, but if his time at WWE, ROH, AEW and now back to WWE he does better when he isn't in the drivers seat.

Also weren't you shytting HEAVILY on Cody back when
he was in AEW?!?!? Now you seem to be Team Cody now that he is back in WWE!!! :giggle:
I don't recall shitting on Cody specifically, but AEW, the Young Bucks, Omega, etc.... absolutely.

So if by shitting on AEW means I was shitting on Cody, welp!

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Those fans are getting the Roman versus Sami at Elimination Chamber, but I don't think this is gonna be the capacity that they think it is gonna be. This feud is gonna be the television version of Kofi versus Brock. It's on sight EVERY time the Bloodline sees Sami, he is never seen in a strong capacity.

And WWE couldn't care less about what fans want. They took Kofi-mania and fed it to Brock!
To be fair, Kofimania had pretty much died down by the time they fed him to Brock. There really wasn't anywhere else to go with it.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To be fair, Kofimania had pretty much died down by the time they fed him to Brock. There really wasn't anywhere else to go with it.

True, but the feeding is the problem I have always had. Granted that was the old administration. Still waiting to see how Black folks are treated at the new administration. Black adjacent (The Uso's) doesn't count either!!!!

xspade7

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don’t know, but I do know this, his crying and emotion is connecting with the fans. As far as the push, I think this was the plan all along, even before he tore his pec.

I think the presentation on WWE is making Cody easier to be accepted by fans. Also, his homecoming. I knew Cody’s run was going to be different the minute his debuted at Mania last year, the way is came off.

In AEW he was being shunned by their fan base because they were more indy wrestling fans than they were WWE style wrestling. I think their presentation at the time was lame.

With the likes of the YBs, Omegas, Darby Allins, MJFs and others, their fan base just stuck behind those guys versus him.

That's what made pro wrestling before 2000 different you can disappear to another territory shape up your gimmick (go bald or grow hair, go under a mask, switch from face to heel vice versa). Come back 6 months or more refreshed with the audience. I miss the days of loser leaves town

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor

Kofi's run as champion was lackluster even before he got completely jobbed out to Brock. Made him look stupid in getting swerved by KO, still had him tossing out pancakes like a goof, the feud with Orton was alright. If they don't believe in you when you get the belt then they won't do much once you have it which is what they'd do if Sami won the belt most likely.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I hated Kofi's run with the title. I loved and enjoyed the story told of Kofimania with the chase, but hated the outcome that came after.

The whole tossing pancakes shit killed any momentum he had as champion with me.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kofi's run as champion was lackluster even before he got completely jobbed out to Brock. Made him look stupid in getting swerved by KO, still had him tossing out pancakes like a goof, the feud with Orton was alright. If they don't believe in you when you get the belt then they won't do much once you have it which is what they'd do if Sami won the belt most likely.
But the thing is, Kofi likes doing all that goofy shit like tossing pancakes. Hell, he was still doing it after he lost the title and still doing it now.
That's just who he is. It's not like WWE was forcing him to do it.
WWE can only do so much to build a guy up as a credible champion.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hated Kofi's run with the title. I loved and enjoyed the story told of Kofimania with the chase, but hated the outcome that came after.

The whole tossing pancakes shit killed any momentum he had as champion with me.
That's typical with underdog babyfaces that have to chase to win a title. Once they finally win, the next question becomes "What next?".

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
That's typical with underdog babyfaces that have to chase to win a title. Once they finally win, the next question becomes "What next?".
Yep. Happened with Daniel Bryan when he won it at WrestleMania 30. After his win over Batista and Orton, they had him feuding with....Kane?

Lolz then he got injured, titles relinquished, Cena wins them at a ladder match then gets destroyed by Brock at SummerSlam.

That was a fun year.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They are playing the long game here. CM Punk will be in WWE by years end.
Yeah, it sounds like a one-sided work here by Seth. I wouldn't be surprised either if Punk ends up back in WWE.
Reportedly the length of a non-compete has been the sticking point in his buyout negotiations with AEW.