EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Lastly, I need someone to explain to me how Wyatt can get 5 to 15 minutes a show to do a bunch of spooky nothing, but talented people like Elias can't buy screen time. Wyatt needs an entire production team to make his bullshit look interesting. All Elias needs is his guitar and a mic.
Said it before, Wyatt should only do cinematic style matches from here on out. His presentation on Live TV doesn't work in this day and age.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
A couple of quick notes/ thoughts

I know they have to keep Roman and Cody separated until after the Chamber, but my God do you ever feel those 3 hours when the Bloodline isn't running in to steal the show.

Speaking of the Bloodline, WWE might have walked themselves into a D. Bryan situation. I think Cody would make a better longterm champion, but Mania season might get sweep up in Sami Uso craziness. Y'all know the international/ beach ball Mania crowd will chant over anything and takeover the show if they don't get the guy they wanted.

If they were smart they'd have Roman main event both nights. He should defend and lose the WWE title to Cody on night one. Night 2 should be saved for conclusion of the Roman, Sami, Jey storyline. Make it Roman defending the universal title against Sami on night two to close the show.

Lastly, I need someone to explain to me how Wyatt can get 5 to 15 minutes a show to do a bunch of spooky nothing, but talented people like Elias can't buy screen time. Wyatt needs an entire production team to make his bullshit look interesting. All Elias needs is his guitar and a mic.
That would make sense. The Bloodline has been the best thing going in wrestling for the last 3 years now. It's time for It's conclusion and imploding. They can turn Solo into a star and have him feud against Roman. The elders sent Solo to Roman and they can say that they've lost all confidence in Roman being able to lead their bloodline.

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
They don't see Sami as being the headliner because the person who faces Roman at WrestleMania is most likely going to be the one who beats him. The person who beats Roman will be a made man and be the face of the company moving forward. That ain't Sami. This is setup for Cody to take the torch from Roman and run with it. If the fans don't like it and boo Cody then he should lean into it and work it to his advantage. Turn heel damnit. He shouldn't make the same mistake he made in AEW.
I agree but, just remember once upon a time they didn't see alot of people in the spot and almost dropped the ball on that a couple of times. It's about time to shake things up with the bloodline having the titles on lock.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Sami won't ever be allowed to wrestle in Saudi Arabia. Ain't no way WWE makes him the face of the company lolz

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I watched that MJF promo from tonight....he's boring and the shock value of it came off Katie Vick like pathetic. His title reign has been underwhelming and his gimmick is already stale. Even as he started his (dumb unbelievable) story, I was waiting for the swerve/punchline....

He's trying so hard.

Cody/Heyman had a battle of words that actually made me care about Rhodes/Reigns for Mania while MJF told a story of switching seats with a girl (Liv?) after hitting a pole going 90 mph, and this is supposed to relate to his program with Bryan Danielson? Really?

WWE is knocking it out of the park. AEW is trying too hard to keep up

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I watched that MJF promo from tonight....he's boring and the shock value of it came off Katie Vick like pathetic. His title reign has been underwhelming and his gimmick is already stale. Even as he started his (dumb unbelievable) story, I was waiting for the swerve/punchline....

He's trying so hard.

Cody/Heyman had a battle of words that actually made me care about Rhodes/Reigns for Mania while MJF told a story of switching seats with a girl (Liv?) after hitting a pole going 90 mph, and this is supposed to relate to his program with Bryan Danielson? Really?

WWE is knocking it out of the park. AEW is trying too hard to keep up

How many times are we gonna see Cody cry before we get to Wrestlemania?

I am not arguing any points you made. Bloodline has been knocking it out the park with their acting and long term storytelling. Jimmy and Jey need an award for their performances. Just EVERY RAW has Cody crying and hitting promos which have been good, but it seems like we're doing this kinda early if WM is in 60-ish days. I think we have seen Cody cry more that wrestle since he came back to WWE. The beating he took from Seth seems to have been forgotten.

Does Cody get this push if Vince stayed and he didn't tear his pec? What I don't get is how he is so popular now?!?!? He's the same damn person from AEW! Nothing has changed. Same nice suits, same music, still tossing the belt into the crowd.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
How many times are we gonna see Cody cry before we get to Wrestlemania?

I am not arguing any points you made. Bloodline has been knocking it out the park with their acting and long term storytelling. Jimmy and Jey need an award for their performances. Just EVERY RAW has Cody crying and hitting promos which have been good, but it seems like we're doing this kinda early if WM is in 60-ish days. I think we have seen Cody cry more that wrestle since he came back to WWE. The beating he took from Seth seems to have been forgotten.

Does Cody get this push if Vince stayed and he didn't tear his pec? What I don't get is how he is so popular now?!?!? He's the same damn person from AEW! Nothing has changed. Same nice suits, same music, still tossing the belt into the crowd.
I don’t know, but I do know this, his crying and emotion is connecting with the fans. As far as the push, I think this was the plan all along, even before he tore his pec.

I think the presentation on WWE is making Cody easier to be accepted by fans. Also, his homecoming. I knew Cody’s run was going to be different the minute his debuted at Mania last year, the way is came off.

In AEW he was being shunned by their fan base because they were more indy wrestling fans than they were WWE style wrestling. I think their presentation at the time was lame.

With the likes of the YBs, Omegas, Darby Allins, MJFs and others, their fan base just stuck behind those guys versus him.

Max Headrom

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don’t know, but I do know this, his crying and emotion is connecting with the fans. As far as the push, I think this was the plan all along, even before he tore his pec.

I think the presentation on WWE is making Cody easier to be accepted by fans. Also, his homecoming. I knew Cody’s run was going to be different the minute his debuted at Mania last year, the way is came off.

In AEW he was being shunned by their fan base because they were more indy wrestling fans than they were WWE style wrestling. I think their presentation at the time was lame.

With the likes of the YBs, Omegas, Darby Allins, MJFs and others, their fan base just stuck behind those guys versus him.

AEW fans turned on him because he wouldn't make the obvious heel turn along with his wife doing some really bad stereotypical Black girl with an attitude gimmick. And at the end of the day, dude is just not a star like he thinks he is.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
AEW fans turned on him because he wouldn't make the obvious heel turn along with his wife doing some really bad stereotypical Black girl with an attitude gimmick. And at the end of the day, dude is just not a star like he thinks he is.
Cody was also involved in some of the worst stories on AEW television. Regardless of those bad stories, verge of crying from the heart felt promos and refusal to turn heel I still enjoyed Cody's work in AEW. WWE has their next John Cena. I seriously just hope the fans don't turn on him. WWE now has an organic fan following in Sami Zayn. The smart thing to do would be to split the titles up and give Zayn a short run to appease the fans.