XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didn't realize the markiest of the marks only bought wrestling video games. It can't be because Kenny wants to deliver a great wrestling game (as that takes time) it has to be because he's catering to the marks.
The point of a video game is to promote the brand and bring in more fans (gamers) who otherwise may not have been watching the product.
This video game just seems like its catering to those already watching the product who just happen to REALLY be into video games.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I get that part. But to more than double the original budget, especially on the first game, for a new company?
Just seems like reckless spending to me.
Yeah, that's crazy. They should have at least released a mobile game by now. Their initial game better blow people away.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So far this ppv is beating Double Or Nothing. Excellently paced and a lot of fun. Hopefully the women's match doesn't drag it down.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Vince would’ve put that muthafucka in that game regardless lol….I haven’t played it yet but isn’t Keith Lee and others still in there?

Taking him out the gsme wouldn’t have been petty in my eyes. It would make sense.
Yes, WWE still included in their newest video game, Keith Lee and others that have been released and gone elsewhere.
It would have been easy for them to just cut their character from the game. Hell, that can be done in an update even after the game is released.
At the end of the day, it's about what's best for business and not what's "honorable".

Ya'll mean the game that is already out now?!? That's a whole level of petty to create a update that removes them from a game that is already released! Lets see if Bearcat is in the WWE2k23 (or would that be 22) game or not.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Ya'll mean the game that is already out now?!? That's a whole level of petty to create a update that removes them from a game that is already released! Lets see if Bearcat is in the WWE2k23 (or would that be 22) game or not.

I just hope Nattie’s sister’s titties are in the next game update.

Hell, I don’t even know what org’ we’re talking about. AEW, WWE, ECW, Heels, GLOW, Stardom, TNA, WCW?

:cheers: :giggle:

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The point of a video game is to promote the brand and bring in more fans (gamers) who otherwise may not have been watching the product.

And the way you do that is by delivering the best possible wrestling game. If the game sucks then nobody's going to play it. II's as simple as that. Kenny is trying to make sure the game is as good as it can be. Building a wrestling game from scratch from the ground up takes time. It does nobody any good if the game is trash.

This video game just seems like its catering to those already watching the product who just happen to REALLY be into video games.

Why wouldn't it cater to AEW fans? It's an AEW wrestling video game. If the game is good and it gets good reviews then people outside of AEW fandom will buy it and play it. Let's actually wait until the game comes out before we start making snap judgments.